Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Youremother posted:

The keyhole is what sells this one. You know that every member has a key and if they all use them at the same time they arm the Texas Defense System (giant robot cowboy?)

It activates Texas Marshall Law aka Endless Chili Night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

drat this is a pointed prayer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
CSPAN turn Youtube chat on, you cowards

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Why do they keep doing the quorum count theater?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
https://mobile.twitter.com/elwasson/status/1611037871804227584

Looks like they're going to elect a speaker today unless they don't

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
While we're doing a quorum count, some info

https://twitter.com/reesejgorman/status/1611038795851304962
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1611027629339037696
https://twitter.com/Olivia_Beavers/status/1611042637112385541
https://twitter.com/Olivia_Beavers/status/1611040482708324352

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Youremother posted:

The keyhole is what sells this one. You know that every member has a key and if they all use them at the same time they arm the Texas Defense System (giant robot cowboy?)

Given the other infrastructure problems in Texas I'm going to imagine Texas Mack would fall apart if activated :v:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I wonder if he finally gives up if he somehow loses more votes today

External Organs posted:

Texas Marshall Law

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Clerk: CUT THE poo poo OUT AND JUST GET ON WITH IT

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1611044083866423297

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if you want to know if McCarthy flipped any of the CFC, the early guys in the roll call are

Biggs
Bishop
Boebert
Brecheen
Cloud
Clyde
Crane
Donalds
Gaetz

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Cheryl the clerk is pissed about these children, as she should be.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Youremother posted:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
man this dude sucks

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
What's the "small victory" he's talking about? Gaetz also looked confused about it.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Civilized Fishbot posted:

What's the "small victory" he's talking about? Gaetz also looked confused about it.

They agree to adjourn :lol:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They agree to adjourn :lol:

i'm still calling voter fraud about that vote last night

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok hear me out, Dr. Frankenstein, what it we just let your monster choke you a little more before he agrees to let you go?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i guess the question is exactly how much McCarthy would have to give up before the moderates decide they've had enough

i definitely have full faith that the moderate wing of the Republican Party will stand up to the far right wing here

It will be when he starts bypassing supporters to give committee assignments and gavels to the holdouts.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

Cheryl the clerk is pissed about these children, as she should be.

yeah she ain't gettin 'paid for this poo poo until they pass it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok hear me out, Dr. Frankenstein, what it we just let your monster choke you a little more before he agrees to let you go?

Dr. Frankstein seems to be WAAAY to into this.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i wonder if whatever credit union the house staffers and congressmen use has loans specifically for a situation like this

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i wonder if whatever credit union the house staffers and congressmen use has loans specifically for a situation like this

They are called lmaons.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

answer: yes

https://www.congressionalfcu.org/loans/personal-loans/furlough-solutions

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Oracle posted:

yeah she ain't gettin 'paid for this poo poo until they pass it.

She’s also gonna lose her job by tradition, so she might not care?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

At least that dem speech was short.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Can't they just have a fight on the Capitol steps and let the winner be Speaker?

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Dems doing a little trolling

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
What happens if the Clerk up and quits, or has a heart attack? Seems like the Clerk is voted in by the House, and if there is no House….

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Olivia_Beavers/status/1611051625468264448

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Kammat posted:

Can't they just have a fight on the Capitol steps and let the winner be Speaker?

A Trial of Possession for the Gavel? Sounds legit :getin:

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
Bishop sounds like a deep south pastor

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Kammat posted:

Dangerous words, posting something like this on January 5...

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Centurium posted:

I do love the chonky buttons, but I feel like it could have a few toggle and rocker switches on it to really class it up. Maybe a key switch with a big "ARM" written in red above it.

A couple of wires to cut, too. A classic for a reason.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
:lol: Guy who wrote the NC bathroom bill talking about discrimination.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

They're just trading insults now

Old Surly posted:

Bishop sounds like a deep south pastor

It makes this whole speech even more awkward than it already was

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Is Bishop actually going to nominate someone? Or just complain about tweets?

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

smackfu posted:

Is Bishop actually going to nominate someone? Or just complain about tweets?

Complaining about tweets is praxis.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Kammat posted:

No, because the Republicans know that that would result in John Fetterman as speaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
get on with it