Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

AKZ posted:

...dude no.

I only got the idea because people in here were discussing much wackier returns from an even longer wait period. The thing sucks at both the bed and desk functions so I'd rather have the $2000 back.

I wasn't asking to be talked out of it, I was asking besides cleaning and shrink wrapping every square inch of this thing, is there anything else I can do to make it easier on the staff?

edit: hoo boy that's a page 100 snipe for the ages...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

I was asking besides cleaning and shrink wrapping every square inch of this thing, is there anything else I can do to make it easier on the staff?

Not returning the $2,000 wall bed after having it for 3 years would make it a lot easier on the staff, as well as the future of Costco's return policy.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zero VGS posted:

I’m about to return a $2000 wall bed, I didn’t like a bunch of things about it including that they hid in the pictures that there’s a 1 foot gap behind your head where pillows and phones can fall into an abyss behind it, and that the built-in desk is shallow enough that it feels like airplane-class legroom.

Any tips for the return? I assume my best bet is to just show up unannounced with all the wood panels wrapped up in commercial cling wrap. It still shows up in my orders in the webpage from a few years ago. Hopefully they’ll be cool about it if I make it as presentable as I can?

https://a.co/d/eJ6WEOy

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009
I like looking at the returns area for weird poo poo and I've seen years-old worn out recliners and patio furniture, food stained microwaves so old the plastic has yellowed like a snes, and a plant with the reason that it was "haunted"

I don't work that dept but I think they'll be ok with your weird bed parts return, don't worry too much

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Dunk Bot 3000 posted:

I like looking at the returns area for weird poo poo and I've seen years-old worn out recliners and patio furniture, food stained microwaves so old the plastic has yellowed like a snes, and a plant with the reason that it was "haunted"

I don't work that dept but I think they'll be ok with your weird bed parts return, don't worry too much

That's the spirit, yeah this thing is in mint condition and Costco is actually selling it for $3000 right now instead of $2000 due to inflation. They should be thrilled to have it back!

edit:

Different topic, get a load of this Costco salad kit I just opened. $8.49 and half its weight is dirty stems:

I've had pizza places make less hosed up salads than this, jeez.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 5, 2023

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
One of the spring mixes I bought a couple weeks ago had a whole rear end head of lettuce still in it. First time for that and i've purchased hundreds of them throughout the years.

But it gets worse: halfway through my salad I felt a small, cold, almost gummy sensation on my lips and thinking to myself "well this isn't like any lettuce i've ever had" spit the mouthful into a paper towel to discover a tiny, shriveled-up green caterpillar. Ruined that meal.

Also, yes you should try and return that bed frame, because I like knowing that you went through all this trouble only to be denied the return at the customer service desk because a manager can, and will, refuse any thing they don't want returned.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero VGS posted:

I only got the idea because people in here were discussing much wackier returns from an even longer wait period. The thing sucks at both the bed and desk functions

And it took you three years to figure that out?

You're an rear end in a top hat.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

astral posted:

Not returning the $2,000 wall bed after having it for 3 years would make it a lot easier on the staff, as well as the future of Costco's return policy.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Thread reminding me of this little gem

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Zero VGS posted:

I only got the idea because people in here were discussing much wackier returns from an even longer wait period. The thing sucks at both the bed and desk functions so I'd rather have the $2000 back.

I wasn't asking to be talked out of it, I was asking besides cleaning and shrink wrapping every square inch of this thing, is there anything else I can do to make it easier on the staff?

edit: hoo boy that's a page 100 snipe for the ages...

Isn't the build quality on that thing poo poo for the price also, like the bad IKEA stuff?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Shame on y'all for not allowing someone who is genuinely not happy with a Costco purchase to experience the true joy of Church

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

lol I thought that post was a joke

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

That's the spirit.

Go gently caress yourself.

Costco isn't a "rent furniture with no cost to me" store

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 5, 2023

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

slurm posted:

Isn't the build quality on that thing poo poo for the price also, like the bad IKEA stuff?

Well, it was solid wood, not like MDF or something, but the tolerance was not great and was a lot of work to get it to square up. Much like IKEA stuff, the build process almost ended my long-term relationship.

Someone here was posting mattress grippers and it's like, you're not getting it, when you naturally toss and turn at night you'll knock your pillow and anything else into the pit between the wall and the hardware, and you have to sit up and fish it out of the void in the middle of the night. You can't put anything there to catch it or you'll risk fouling up the closing mechanism.

bird with big dick posted:

And it took you three years to figure that out?

You're an rear end in a top hat.

Chill buddy, I said I figured it out earlier but I didn't wanna be doing this poo poo in the middle of a pandemic. It's one of those things where it was shipped to my house, but I have to rent a box truck and do a two-person lift to return it to the store.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
Oh it's a wood one? That's not the one I'm thinking of. Can you not put a piece of canvas over the gap to catch pillows yet fold away?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Just bring the pieces of the bed in black garbage bags. Preferably cut them down to smaller sizes. Make sure there's a ton of dust on them.

Just keep asking for different managers if they say no and refuse to take it back.

Get the law involved aka call the cops if they refuse the return and waste as much of their time as possible.

So the employee gets $17.50 per hour the cop gets $75+. So you need to annoy the employee for 100 hours. Or anny the cop for 10 hours and the employee for 50. Then your close to the original cost of the sofa.

Then the next step would be to sue for emotional damages and try to retain the sofas cost.

Essentially cost Costco and the tax payer more than your sofa is worth. Because that makes the sofa worth more.

Also bonus points if you call out other people returning poo poo and go WHY IS THEIR RETURN ACCEPTABLE AND MINE ISNT?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

Someone here was posting mattress grippers and it's like, you're not getting it, when you naturally toss and turn at night you'll knock your pillow and anything else into the pit between the wall and the hardware, and you have to sit up and fish it out of the void in the middle of the night. You can't put anything there to catch it or you'll risk fouling up the closing mechanism.

It sounds like the real problem is that you sleep weird.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah return that bedframe in wrap. That's costco baby!!
Miss the good old days of buying xboxes and returning them in exchange for the newer versions.

:911:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It sounds like the real problem is that you sleep weird.

I’ve slept on a bed like he describes and he’s 100% correct and no he’s no sleeping weird.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Just posting weird then.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I have a Costco bed and I posted the anti-grip mattress slipper because you should be pushing the mattress all the way up to the headboard which will prevent your pillows falling. I have the same problem and that was my solution.

Yes that leaves a gap at the footboard, that's so you can pile your duvet cover there.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

we just keep two extra pillows in the headboard bed gap area. it's a very nice west elm bed. who cares!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

we just keep two extra pillows in the headboard bed gap area. it's a very nice west elm bed. who cares!

Well he can’t close the bed then which is the problem.

Having had the same issue it does suck but I dunno what the fix would be besides the mattress gripper but you’d have to move the mattress if you want to close the bed up.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

AmbientParadox posted:

re: Omeprezole, I was concerned myself because I've been taking it daily for over a year now. I contacted my doctor about my concerns and they told me, "I mean.. I've been taking it daily for over 3 years and haven't had any problem. But if you're concerned we can schedule some tests to figure out what's going on." So I've gone and scheduled some lab tests for whenever. I've tried others. Tums loving sucks and is only good for it's portability. If you're experiencing heart burn in the evening, but are apprehensive towards Omeprezole, have some Mylanta on hand. I found that works the best and lasts quite a while.

The big concern with taking omeprezole or any other acid reducer daily is that a) most of the time people use it to mask another problem (you're getting it checked out so good on you) but also b) because there's less acid being produced in your stomach, food doesn't break down as quickly and your body doesn't always absorb all of the nutrients of the food you're eating. That's mostly an issue in long term use, but using it for a year while you figure out what's going on isn't a big deal. Hope this helps goon

Also in other news I learned the life hack of pre-counting your cans and bottles and just going straight to the desk with it. People at my local church are so loving bad at using can return machines

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

That's the spirit, yeah this thing is in mint condition and Costco is actually selling it for $3000 right now instead of $2000 due to inflation. They should be thrilled to have it back!

Costco doesn’t resell any open box merchandise, it all goes to the landfill (or maybe eBay resellers but def not a bed frame)

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

bagmonkey posted:

The big concern with taking omeprezole or any other acid reducer daily is that a) most of the time people use it to mask another problem (you're getting it checked out so good on you) but also b) because there's less acid being produced in your stomach, food doesn't break down as quickly and your body doesn't always absorb all of the nutrients of the food you're eating. That's mostly an issue in long term use, but using it for a year while you figure out what's going on isn't a big deal. Hope this helps goon

Yea, this was my case when I discovered I had ulcerative colitis in 2018. My stomach was producing so much acid that it was burning holes in my stomach. Ended up having to have an endoscopy so that they could seal them up. The night I discovered it was scary as gently caress. First and only time I passed out and it was from a loss of blood.

I don't have to take them at all anymore, but I still have some Pantoprazole prescribed just in case. I produce a lot of it, but I also eat way better now. Before, my diet was lots of fried foods, carbohydrates, tomato sauces, just general junk food. Now it's just lots of meat and vegetables.

Edit: And yea, Costco isn't gonna put the bed frame you return back on the floor. You are straight up just costing them a chunk of money. Which is why they are likely to just say "nah, not gonna let you return it, even if you threaten to cancel your membership". You better not be part of the reason my rotisserie chicken price increases.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
code:
        ¼ POUND PLUS
      All BEEF HOT DOG        $1.99*
AND 20 oz. SODA (With Refill)
* - Because Zero VGS returned a bed

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero VGS posted:

Well, it was solid wood, not like MDF or something, but the tolerance was not great and was a lot of work to get it to square up. Much like IKEA stuff, the build process almost ended my long-term relationship.

Chill buddy, I said I figured it out earlier but I didn't wanna be doing this poo poo in the middle of a pandemic. It's one of those things where it was shipped to my house, but I have to rent a box truck and do a two-person lift to return it to the store.

We’re still in the middle of a pandemic, maybe wait another 3 years.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

Also in other news I learned the life hack of pre-counting your cans and bottles and just going straight to the desk with it. People at my local church are so loving bad at using can return machines

I'm kinda confused by this, what cans and bottles are you returning? Can return machines?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
if it was 2k then and it's 3k now then just craiglist it for 2500 obviously

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Blue Moonlight posted:

code:
        ¼ POUND PLUS
      All BEEF HOT DOG        $1.99*
AND 20 oz. SODA (With Refill)
* - Because Zero VGS returned a bed

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Psion posted:

if it was 2k then and it's 3k now then just craiglist it for 2500 obviously

Yea, and they'll even have to pick it up. Everyone wins.

Just got back from church and it was surprisingly slow and empty. They even had a ton of eggs, but now they are limit 2 because of the low supply.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Good to hear the omeprazole talk, I’ve been on it the last few months due to a lot of acid following bariatric surgery. Fairly common, and it’s getting better; every third box I try ramping down and this time I only start having discomfort the last evening of a pill-every-three-days cycle.

Going to be heading to the ‘co tomorrow, but probably not going to pick up anything outside of the 5-6 staples I need. I just can’t food like I used to. Unless any of the dry rubs they carry are particularly good? I’ve got a pork shoulder that will eventually get pulled, but figured I’d make the rub myself.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm kinda confused by this, what cans and bottles are you returning? Can return machines?

Gathering that you don't live in a redemption state

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

Gathering that you don't live in a redemption state

hah, apparently not

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

you get MONEY for GARBAGE?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

edit:

Different topic, get a load of this Costco salad kit I just opened. $8.49 and half its weight is dirty stems:

I've had pizza places make less hosed up salads than this, jeez.

yeah I’ve been seeing broccoli shag in frozen produce bags too. Probably some supplier loving up and blaming Covid

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
They’re having to accept lower quality standards because the Californian broccoli pull for December was hit hard by pesticide resistant worms. Those mixes get lower quality than just florets. It effected everyone, but Taylor Farms has such a big share of the bagged market that they don’t have to worry much about a hit to their reputation.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bagged salads are always poor quality and a ripoff yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My friend on FB posted a few days ago about buying a bunch of crab lags from Costco and when she opened them they were blackish inside. Yikes.