Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

Zabu-Wong-Surfer-Brood-Absorbing Man

This is the package.

What's the full list you're running?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Evidently this person's entire win condition was drawing Mjolnir?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

So I bit the bullet and bought Bast in the Token Shop. I've been trying this Negative Surfer deck:

And......I'm losing. I honestly feel like I am not finding my footing with this deck. I know how to use Bast early and Psylocke into a turn 3 Negative, but nothing is lining up. It's always been bad rng due to locations or card draw. What am I doing wrong?

See here my only cards prior to 6 were Cosmo, Zabu, Sera. No Negative and I dumped 100 power on 6

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
In other news, Wasp confirmed best card.

And best Avenger.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

No Wave posted:

I would love to try coulson in surfer zabu. I climbed to infinite with Maria Hill she was great though Dino piles will probably not be as strong this season.

Attuma has been disappointing but yeah I'd agree that Helicarrier is the worst one.

That's interesting, I've got him but wouldn't have thought of that. What's your list look like?

Also I really like Attuma in a Zero/Zabu/Dracula deck. But I also like Invisible Woman way too much so anything that works with her, I'm all over.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

uXs posted:

In other news, Wasp confirmed best card.

And best Avenger.

One time Captain America went back in time to try to save Bucky by stopping Zemo and it was only foiled by Janet falling asleep and pressing a button to bring them back to the present.

Another time she was almost defeated by a bird. Not even a large bird.

In summation, yeah she rules.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Negative decks seem really fun but I have literally never drawn the cards correctly in the handful of times ive tried it

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Negative decks seem really fun but I have literally never drawn the cards correctly in the handful of times ive tried it

Part of the Negative experience is commiserating with each other about times you started with all of your zero power cards in hand. That and times you had a great potential setup, and then drew Iron Man at the start of the turn you were about to play Mr. Negative.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think negative decks are a giant meme. People said they were good and they released bast a card that makes them ridiculously better and they're still not good.

Skippy McPants posted:

What's the full list you're running?
It's not right yet. I'm trying it with patriot-mystique-shocker-squirrel girl-debrii-sera-cyclops but it needs work.

goferchan posted:

That's interesting, I've got him but wouldn't have thought of that. What's your list look like?

Also I really like Attuma in a Zero/Zabu/Dracula deck. But I also like Invisible Woman way too much so anything that works with her, I'm all over.
The list would run at least zabu surfer wong brood absorbing man coulson but then I'm not sure what else. Not sure how random 4 drops actually end up feeling am mostly curious.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mierenneuker posted:

Not sure if series 4 cards also work on a pity timer, because I got Titania and M'Baku within 8 chests of each other, so it would take a while before the third pity timer is in sight.

Every set of 40 chests guarantees 1 series 4 card.

You can also just randomly pull them sooner.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kaddish posted:

Evidently this person's entire win condition was drawing Mjolnir?

They were probably hoping to abuse the Vats with On Reveals and Cosmo shot that in the foot.
Or figured that you were going to drop another one on another lane and make it that much harder to work their deck.

Or they just decided gently caress You, That's Why.
I know I'm tempted to do that sometimes if I see Cosmo, especially since I'm prone to assuming Cosmo users are mostly bots.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

the_steve posted:

They were probably hoping to abuse the Vats with On Reveals and Cosmo shot that in the foot.
Or figured that you were going to drop another one on another lane and make it that much harder to work their deck.

Or they just decided gently caress You, That's Why.
I know I'm tempted to do that sometimes if I see Cosmo, especially since I'm prone to assuming Cosmo users are mostly bots.

Thor is really really good with Cloning Vats. You burst their balloon

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
All of the above are plausible reasons I guess!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I love scorpion with Luke's Bar or Cloning Vats. The dawning realisation by the opponent of what exactly is going to happen makes it all the sweeter.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

We're doing Tips of the Day in comic sans now?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Would you guys say that Armin Zola is worth pinning in the shop? I have been waiting on Goose to show up, since I love my Cerebro 2 deck, but this big lovable Krang looking guy just arrived in the store and he is singing to me…

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

We're doing Tips of the Day in comic sans now?

Gotten this a couple of times. Seems to happen when the game is having connection issues.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Would you guys say that Armin Zola is worth pinning in the shop? I have been waiting on Goose to show up, since I love my Cerebro 2 deck, but this big lovable Krang looking guy just arrived in the store and he is singing to me…

Not unless you already have Black Panther.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
Zola is great with any deck that has something you'd love to dupe. I use him in my Gamora + Dino deck as a finisher and it catches a lot of people off guard.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Quackles posted:

Every set of 40 chests guarantees 1 series 4 card.

You can also just randomly pull them sooner.

Well, you can pull the card early in each set of 40, with the 1st chest being the earliest.

But not sooner or more than that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Zola is great in my Knull deck. Ideally I use Electro to get Knull out early and then Zola him (which counts as a destroy so the dupes are both doubled), and if not I use him on Venom which usually hits hard too.
One of my top three interactions was the time I have a suped up Knull and Zolaed him away turn 6, then the opponent played Shang Chi on the now 0 power spot

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Opopanax posted:

Zola is great in my Knull deck. Ideally I use Electro to get Knull out early and then Zola him (which counts as a destroy so the dupes are both doubled), and if not I use him on Venom which usually hits hard too.
One of my top three interactions was the time I have a suped up Knull and Zolaed him away turn 6, then the opponent played Shang Chi on the now 0 power spot

Ooo I didn’t realize that Zola counted as a destroy, that’s interesting! I have all of the tools for him (outside of Knull, which I am jealous of) - so maybe it is time! I haven’t seen him run in many destroy decks, but I guess he would slot in well with a 0 cost Death…

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I’ve got Leader pinned in the shop and 900 tokens, anyone think he’ll still be worth grabbing?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Ooo I didn’t realize that Zola counted as a destroy, that’s interesting! I have all of the tools for him (outside of Knull, which I am jealous of) - so maybe it is time! I haven’t seen him run in many destroy decks, but I guess he would slot in well with a 0 cost Death…

He does count as a destroy, as every Zola player has no doubt discovered by trying to play him on Wakanda or an otherwise armoured location.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Toebone posted:

I’ve got Leader pinned in the shop and 900 tokens, anyone think he’ll still be worth grabbing?

Until they rework the text, he's still a top tier card. They're dropping him to 6-3 but honestly, that's really not that much. it's still a case of if you're ahead or only barely behind in one lane, you can sneak out a win.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I did not realize I could counter Zola with Armor. That’s amazing.

My Dino She Hulk Pile isn’t performing very well this season. Beyond everyone running ongoing hate, folks are locking down lanes more with Spider-man. You can’t afford to wait for a big pop on five and six unless you have Leader.

I’ll need to scrounge together another deck.

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001

Toebone posted:

He's as boring to play as he is to lose against, imo

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just got crossbones and it seems like a pretty good card but I don’t see it in many lists? He has a good stat line and the conditional seems pretty easy to work around. Seems like it would be especially good with Zabu.

Actually, going to just take Jessica Jones out of my Zabu deck and give it a whirl.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 5, 2023

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I have sadistic glee every time I play surfer/patriot and drop patriot/mystique/surfer on t6 and watch as the whimpy t6 leader play does gently caress all.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

Are you dropping him behind Invisible Woman and hoping you draw Armor?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Tekopo posted:

I have sadistic glee every time I play surfer/patriot and drop patriot/mystique/surfer on t6 and watch as the whimpy t6 leader play does gently caress all.

It's never wrong to Ms Marvel emote when you beat someone who plays Leader.

Yesterday I had someone Leech me while playing an OBVIOUS Patriot deck (like I loving put him down on T3 and Mystique T4, what did you think I was playing?) and then snapped after they played him.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

No Wave posted:

The list would run at least zabu surfer wong brood absorbing man coulson but then I'm not sure what else. Not sure how random 4 drops actually end up feeling am mostly curious.

First time I tried it he gave me a Shuri and thanks to an extra energy from Psylocke I was able to go Wong->Shuri->Brood :stare:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Are you dropping him behind Invisible Woman and hoping you draw Armor?

You don't need Armor, he gets destroyed if another card is at his location "at the end of your turn" and Invisible Woman reveals the cards "at the end of the game" which comes after both players take their final turns

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What titles are you guys using :)

Wholesome distracting question from my backwards climbing today

I’m using Ego,Take the Wheel :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Put together this simple Magneto deck because I was tired of getting bodied by everything. Now my win rate is closer to 50%. I'm not really sure how I could improve it with my current cards.

# (1) Elektra
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Korg
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Baron Mordo
# (3) Storm
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Sandman
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFnbmV0byJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxla3RyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLb3JnIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY29ycGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmFyb25Nb3JkbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhbmRtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlphYnUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

RevKrule posted:

It's never wrong to Ms Marvel emote when you beat someone who plays Leader.

Yesterday I had someone Leech me while playing an OBVIOUS Patriot deck (like I loving put him down on T3 and Mystique T4, what did you think I was playing?) and then snapped after they played him.

Strong agree and yea I have removed leech out my deck. Just playing for 3 points in this meta if jubilee/lockjaw doesn’t pull him. Enchantress is working better

Do you mind posting the deck?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

No Wave posted:

I didn't like her in Surfer decks previously, but IMO after playing around for a while, you really want Sera here. You can do basically nothing all game as long as you get Sera and Zabu on the board, and then drop Brood, Wong, Surfer, and another 4-cost of your choice (often Absorbing Man) wherever you need them on T6. The blowouts are pretty insane.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There are literally two actual galactus answers in the game (aero, debrii) everything else is a 50/50 if you even have it in hand. This is going to get worse and worse.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Do you consider stuff like Green Goblin and Viper 50/50 as well?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tekopo posted:

Absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Tekopo posted:

hazmat meta