Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Like not only is viper a 50/50 but if you spend your wave turn vipering and your opponent is any other deck that T3 waves you just lost the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

No Wave posted:

There are literally two actual galactus answers in the game (aero, debrii) everything else is a 50/50 if you even have it in hand. This is going to get worse and worse.

Did Galactus bully you in school or something? You need to let it go man, this obsession with a virtual playing card is not healthy.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

uXs posted:

Did Galactus bully you in school or something? You need to let it go man, this obsession with a virtual playing card is not healthy.
Galactus-only player finds criticism of Galactus suspicoous.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

the_american_dream posted:

Strong agree and yea I have removed leech out my deck. Just playing for 3 points in this meta if jubilee/lockjaw doesn’t pull him. Enchantress is working better

Do you mind posting the deck?

I never mind posting decks. It's a great thing about this thread.

0 Wasp
1 Misty Knight
2 Mister Sinister
2 Shocker
3 Mystique
3 Patriot
3 Brood
3 Cyclops
4 Shang Chi
5 Blue Marvel
6 Onslaught
6 Ultron

It's pretty basic, nothing super special. I tend to go all out and run Patriot Mystique in the same lane and bolster with Blue Marvel on 5 and cap out the lane with Ultron on 6 but with Enchantress out there Zabu hunting I may shift that a little bit. The real good one is when you get like Death's Domain or Luke's Bar where you can drop Sinister or Brood and their tokens stick around and then get buffed.

What titles are you guys using :)

Wholesome distracting question from my backwards climbing today

I’m using Ego,Take the Wheel :)
"This is my full-time job"
I've thought about switching to "Fragrant" but I like the full-time job one a little more. The second I get "I'm in the bathroom" I will absolutely switch to it.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

There are literally two actual galactus answers in the game (aero, debrii) everything else is a 50/50 if you even have it in hand. This is going to get worse and worse.

The -1 power nerf isn't even a nerf, necessarily, since Galactus decks prefer to cede priority on turn six so they can dodge answers to thier big drops.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I don’t use titles because I’m not dirty

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
This is my first game, go easy. That’s my title.

When you nerf a high cost cards power lower you can actually see Mr. negative doing the sickos by a window.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

For a moment I considered "A Bit of a Scientist", then I realized they butchered the quote (space limitations?) and I got so disgusted I've remained without a title by choice :colbert:

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
My title is "Yes, All 24oz"

... I don't get it.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

"My Child Is An Honor Student"

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
"this match making sucks"

Edit: finally got death and have been able to start climbing a bit after a round of bad luck with my zoodecks

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I don't have good titles but I have "or at least I used to be" and if I knew you couldn't change your name and that there were bots I would have called myself "A Bot Player" or something. Supposedly name changes are in the pipeline. I feel like this would be especially cool while playing a deck making weird plays to give a false sense of security.

--

Speaking of, thanks for the ideas on my Rocks deck. I did try Patriot but it doesn't affect enough cards consistently. Blue Marvel was okay but not enough. Spiderwoman was pretty dope (I've been working on this for a few weeks). I tried out Yondu early on but then realized him destroying a rock I put in their hand defeated the purpose.

I swapped in Spiderman over the last day (taking out Ironheart who was too inconsistent) and it has lead to some pretty hilarious results. It goes along with the mechanics/them of locking them out of lanes, too. We'll see.

I did get roped for the first time ever in this game. Left: them at 4 power and me at 5, middle: empty Bar Sinister, Right: empty. Turn 3, Bar Sinister, they drop Storm and I drop Debrii. The whole board got full and instead of quitting as they literally could not win. They just kept waiting until the last minute to hit next turn.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 5, 2023

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

The -1 power nerf isn't even a nerf, necessarily, since Galactus decks prefer to cede priority on turn six so they can dodge answers to thier big drops.

Ok, time to stop lurking. How do you cede priority? How does priority even work? I thought it switched back and forth but sometimes it seems to do other stuff.

Also what is Ego?

Goddamn I'm such a filthy casual.

I don't have many titles so I'm using "Est 2022". I hate the "Thanos was right" one because I'm not 15 and don't find "ironic" humor funny anymore

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I did the 590 tech, hit 90, got impatient and finally upgraded my CL. First game I get hit with Polaris, Sera, Wave, Lockjaw poo poo. So it begins, aye?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Tom Smykowski posted:

"this match making sucks"

Edit: finally got death and have been able to start climbing a bit after a round of bad luck with my zoodecks

Same here

What deck are you running?

Title needs to be Deck Request Guy

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I either use Spider Woman, "Really Really Hot", or Yondu no title. The titles could all use a lot of work.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

cgeq posted:

Also what is Ego?

Goddamn I'm such a filthy casual.

No one answer this!!

You need to find out on your own. Trust me you’ll appreciate it. You’ll come across the answer soon enough :grin:

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 5, 2023

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I would 100% play a mode where Ego was guaranteed 1st location.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
"top chef" because i don't get it beyond knowing the tv show exists.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

cgeq posted:

Also what is Ego?

When you know, you'll know.

cgeq posted:

Ok, time to stop lurking. How do you cede priority? How does priority even work? I thought it switched back and forth but sometimes it seems to do other stuff.

Priority works the same as the victory condition but on a turn-by-turn basis. Whoever is winning more locations, or winning by more power if tied on locations, has priority for the next turn. Whether or not you want priority going into a given turn depends if your cards work better flipping first or second, depending on what tech you're looking to apply or dodge.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Ego = Snap is a title, too. Whenever it comes up I won't even play if they don't also snap.

I am on the toilet is actually probably my most sought after title and often accurate, actually.

List: https://marvelsnapzone.com/titles/

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

Same here

What deck are you running?

Title needs to be Deck Request Guy

I started by adding every destroy related card I had plus Zola. I've been using venom and killmonger to get death out on t5 in a lane I'm behind on then on t6 drop Zola next to death and bam.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

cgeq posted:

As explained above, it's basically after each round the game looks and sees who's "winning" and the person winning has card flip priority for the next round. Sometimes you want to be ahead because you absolutely want to be able to run your cards w/o interruption (wanting to use Aero to snag an unturned card from the lane they want it played to the lane you want it played is a great example). Sometimes you want to be behind because you have a very good idea what and where your opponent is going to play stuff you want to immediately counter (knowing your opponent is going to drop Death on a lane and being ready with the Shang Chi counter unturned is a great example). You can tell who has priority based on which nameplate below the avatar has the glow around it.

quote:

Also what is Ego?
The most special location of them all. What do you think a location based on a Living Planet would want to do?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

You don't need Armor, he gets destroyed if another card is at his location "at the end of your turn" and Invisible Woman reveals the cards "at the end of the game" which comes after both players take their final turns

Oh my god this rules thank you. I briefly wondered if this was the case but thought "no that would be ridiculous"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No Wave posted:

I either use Spider Woman, "Really Really Hot", or Yondu no title. The titles could all use a lot of work.

I don't want to be mean in case anyone likes them but the paid season pass ones are almost universally lame. They're not aggressively bad but just feel like they're from randomly generated ads for "funny t-shirts" or something

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

there is no witticism that could make me smile after seeing it the fiftieth time slapped under GokuGamer420's name and chibi Spider-Man avatar

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

I did the 590 tech, hit 90, got impatient and finally upgraded my CL. First game I get hit with Polaris, Sera, Wave, Lockjaw poo poo. So it begins, aye?

Just fyi for anyone else considering doing this: do it. Stop at 590. After that the game doesn’t give a gently caress. I’m immediately going up against folks with all variant decks that are maxed out, cards I don’t even have a prayer of getting for months (Darkhawk). Just loving stupid. Why don’t they have this on a sliding scale. It’s very frustrating.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I use Typhoid Mary av with "Mom says this is my last game" title

Sandman Ongoing Destroyer has been an easy chill deck to climb with.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Just fyi for anyone else considering doing this: do it. Stop at 590. After that the game doesn’t give a gently caress. I’m immediately going up against folks with all variant decks that are maxed out, cards I don’t even have a prayer of getting for months (Darkhawk). Just loving stupid. Why don’t they have this on a sliding scale. It’s very frustrating.

The matchmaking is dumb, but it seems to use your recent record (or cube gain/loss?) and ranking. So if you're in the 90s, that's factoring in. Rank barely matters. Find fun ways to lose like Wong-Mystique-Hazmat-Odin when you forget you didn't drop Luke Cage this match.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

If winning and ranking up is your chief interest in the game, this is good advice. You'll know the pool 2 metagame at this point, you can stay there and bash against the same decks grinding up until you hit credit cap and then launch yourself deeper into pool 3 all at once.

If seeing new cards and decks and getting to play them is joyful for you, absolutely do not follow this advice, you will turn the game into drudgework for yourself. I do not mind losing to cards I don't have and the thought of endlessly matching against pool 2 KaZoo and Devil Dino without getting to play with any new toys myself sounds like a surefire way to get bored with Marvel Snap.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

My favourite thing about the pool 2/pool 3 CL 600 boundary is the absolute prevalence of move decks before you hit and the absolute lack of move decks after it. Move decks need some love.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I just don’t know why they couldn’t do both? Have it set so you only play folks with +/- 100 CL from you until you finish Pool 3 or something and THEN take the training wheels off. I don’t understand the logic of “well you have practically four Pool 3 cards, might as well get in there with the best of them.”

But yeah my competitive ranking is definitely making it worse.

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

"I am on the toilet" and I very seriously doubt I will ever switch it.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

GigaPeon posted:

My title is "Yes, All 24oz"

... I don't get it.

of YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Love how I can miss most of my payoff cards but if the opponent plays a Korg youre drawing that loving rock buddy

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

Akiosan posted:

"I am on the toilet" and I very seriously doubt I will ever switch it.

This is the only one that I would ever switch my "this match making sucks" for

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

After bashing titles, I would absolutely use "'Working' from home" though

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
My opponent snapped first so I didn't feel bad

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I use the best title of all:

“Playing Agatha”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

JackDarko posted:

This is my first game, go easy.
This is me, too! I've never seen somebody else with it in the wild.