Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yeah at that point just buy lab equipment

Do bongs generally respect lab equipment sizes and fittings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
get online and attempt to buy some erlenmeyer flasks, get on that list dog you know you wanna.

e,c:

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 6, 2023

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Carth Dookie posted:

Do you own a drill

You don't know me but trust when I say that if I try to drill a hole in a spherical glass bong I'm going to destroy the bong, the drill, and probably at least one of my limbs

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Jestery posted:

Yeah at that point just buy lab equipment

Do bongs generally respect lab equipment sizes and fittings?

ground joints are commonly even intervals from 10mm to 18mm, lab adapters all day

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hey weed friends, i'm making edibles for the first time tomorrow but i am unclear on something and every recipe and guide ive read has been vague on this. i need to decarb my hash at 120 degrees celcius (250 f), any hotter than this and the psychoactive effect disappears. then i make hashbutter. then i make brownies or whatever with the butter, but do i have to bake the brownies at 250 f? will my beautiful hashbutter be worthless if i bake the brownies at 350 f?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Biplane posted:

Hey weed friends, i'm making edibles for the first time tomorrow but i am unclear on something and every recipe and guide ive read has been vague on this. i need to decarb my hash at 120 degrees celcius (250 f), any hotter than this and the psychoactive effect disappears. then i make hashbutter. then i make brownies or whatever with the butter, but do i have to bake the brownies at 250 f? will my beautiful hashbutter be worthless if i bake the brownies at 350 f?

inside a batch of brownies there is water and the weed molecules won't get hotter than boiling so they don't vape off. add decarb, bake the brownies at their normal temp, trust it will work.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

As a chemist lol @ these globes aka round bottom boiling flaks w a bubbler in them. I want one now

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Gold peak has the slightly sweet which is great for my old man pallette. Its better than honest tea don't @ me.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Trippple post I had yet another failed attempt at using ABV in any decent way with some inedible brownies so I've just dedicated to dumping it in my composter. Enjoy the THC leftovers worms

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Coolest worms you ever met

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

inside a batch of brownies there is water and the weed molecules won't get hotter than boiling so they don't vape off. add decarb, bake the brownies at their normal temp, trust it will work.

Thank you friend

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

Trippple post I had yet another failed attempt at using ABV in any decent way with some inedible brownies so I've just dedicated to dumping it in my composter. Enjoy the THC leftovers worms

abv is weak as

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

I've always had poo poo luck with it too, I think maybe I just have a higher tolerance for edibles, which sucks.

Usually now I'll cut it 50/50 with some real weed and hand out joints to homeless dudes.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

You deserve to use nice concentrates for edibles. You've worked so hard, for so long. Go buy a gram of wax and make some butter, for you.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
What is the best way to dab without using a torch, preferably electric?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Vampire Panties posted:

Hot knives I guess

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

holy poo poo the electroplate one is gorgeous ordering lol thank you

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Vampire Panties posted:

my buddy uses a carta 2 focus v and it's pretty sweet, i think a lot of people would agree it's one of the best. i also like using a dynavap with a coil in it and an inductive heater. there's the ispire wand and you can use the buckets it comes with in your glass or you can get an adapter and heat your dynavap with it

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Vampire Panties posted:

focus v carta 2 imo. The biggest con is the battery if you plan on doing 15 sessions in a row at high temps. I've never had a problem but I'm not usually chaining dabs

the peak pro would be an option but it is more expensive base price and the 3D atomizer is a necessity, which is a 100$ add-on. the carta 2 comes with a 3d atomizer in the base price.

peak pro is a good product but it's like apple tax. the case is extra, it's a hard case and it's not great. carta 2 comes with a useful but cringe backpack. I stuff into another bag anyway

also the peak pro doesn't have a screen which is a industrial design preference but having a screen and buttons makes the carta 2 just easier to use and doesn't require a phone app at all.

but if you do get the phone app you can make add screensavers now. rn mine is data for some reason

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
totally forgot about the starship it comes with cups for concentrates and a pipe adapter if you want to huff it through your glass

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
absolutely love my ispire daab, easy to clean, hits hard, what's not to like

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 6, 2023

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

precision posted:

Lmao that coke is getting rid of Honest Tea, which actually tastes like tea, and focusing on Peace Tea and Gold Peak, which are disgusting

Look for Red Diamond tea at your grocery store, they sell it in gallon jugs and it is cheap and tastes great.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

Hot knives I guess

:hmmyes: It has been literally decades since I did a hot knife hit. I've also done a magnifying glass hit, which is cool but inconveinent.

butt dickus posted:

my buddy uses a carta 2 focus v and it's pretty sweet, i think a lot of people would agree it's one of the best. i also like using a dynavap with a coil in it and an inductive heater. there's the ispire wand and you can use the buckets it comes with in your glass or you can get an adapter and heat your dynavap with it

Thank you! I was curious if something like the wand existed; like an electric way to fire any dab rig. However:

I think I need this. Thanks for all the recommendations, will post trip pics!

edit

holy poo poo it has wireless charging :drugnerd:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

eddiewalker posted:

Choco Tacos are already back in stores. They just faked you out to clear the freezer-burned old stock out at the gas station. No one actually cared about them.

I loving care eddiewalker

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://teddit.net/vids/dd63jxr0yeaa1.mp4

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i look at those globes and just see them [CW: broken glass]rolling off the desk in my mind whenever pictured w/out a stand

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Flat on the bottom, they don't really go anywhere. I've had worse luck with taller narrow glass, tips over, shatter, done. Globe is actually short and squat so its pretty sturdy.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Michael j on camera duty

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jr6WIVvGlk

i got the thing that was posted here by someone a while ago

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

after looking it up holy poo poo do I want that

but it's like 1000 euro yikes :(

I have a bunch of trim that I don't care about and this would be perfect

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Mozi posted:

it was me. holy poo poo, yes!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

:monocle: I watched it and was like ..."is this dude going to rip this thing, whats happening here?...:okpos: "

Thats an impressive bit of hardware :haibrow:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If that's just basically decarbing poo poo, Ardent makes the Nova Decarboxylator, sells for around $200 US. Available on amazon.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
yea seems to work well, the only question is how it'll hold up over time with the pumps and electronics and stuff i think. but first impressions are it does the thing

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If that's just basically decarbing poo poo, Ardent makes the Nova Decarboxylator, sells for around $200 US. Available on amazon.

oh no i put in a couple ounces of weed and some iso and it's giving me extract

... and also now decarbing it for me as well

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Mozi posted:

could you get me one as well

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

the hell just put your poo poo in the oven!

or vape it lol

I wonder if you could use a rosin press to extract as much that way, then switch to that machine with the leftover plant to get everything :thunk:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

forest spirit posted:

or vape it lol

I wonder if you could use a rosin press to extract as much that way, then switch to that machine with the leftover plant to get everything :thunk:

Why bother with the rosin press?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mozi posted:

Ah, okay. Makes sense that it's a grand in eurobucks, then.

forest spirit posted:

It's programmed for time and temp for optimal decarbing. You can set it and wander away for a weed nap. Does flower and concentrates.