Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'm wondering what the Russian perspective is for 2023. Are they content for a stalemated war to rumble on more or less indefinitely? Or are they calculating that Ukraine simply cannot sustain operations at this intensity and will be forced to come to terms later in the year? Or are they planning a big Spring offensive to materially change the current situation on the ground?

Ukraine couldn't sustain operations long ago and functionally has no economy. It's being fed money, men & materials by the West at any cost to prop things up. So expect the meatgrinder to continue as per usual unless the petrodollar money printer breaks somehow in which case we're all in for a wild theme park ride.

Personally I think 2023 will look very similar to 2022 and a new Big Thing will come along. Celebrities in tight pants that don't fit them, that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'm wondering what the Russian perspective is for 2023. Are they content for a stalemated war to rumble on more or less indefinitely? Or are they calculating that Ukraine simply cannot sustain operations at this intensity and will be forced to come to terms later in the year? Or are they planning a big Spring offensive to materially change the current situation on the ground?

the best option is to attack kyiv again capturing zelenskyy and making him tweet a video of him surrendering bing bong

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

galagazombie posted:

Let’s not pretend taking a day off for Christmas would have actually led to peace or that we missed some unique opportunity to end the war. It wouldn’t have even really saved any lives since the people who were going to die in the next action will still die in said action, just now their tombstone will say January 8 instead of 7.

On the other hand every day not spent shooting at eachother is a good day.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
https://twitter.com/InnaSovsun/status/1611321574908477440?s=20&t=AlKh4fJhIqZXmN05-zyMIg

How could Putin not respect the ceasefire we rejected?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Let’s not pretend taking a day off for Christmas would have actually led to peace or that we missed some unique opportunity to end the war. It wouldn’t have even really saved any lives since the people who were going to die in the next action will still die in said action, just now their tombstone will say January 8 instead of 7.

Good lord.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

are you loving kidding me

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Frosted Flake posted:

Does anyone know how training data works for AI art generators? I tried to depict German rearmament and heavy industry because it came up in the thread today,

used these from German news stories in 2022 as the reference photos

There are a few different ways to do it. Stable-diffusion has two: dreambooth(which fine-tunes and adds data to a model and creates a new checkpoint) and textual inversion(which creates a more portable embedding). Training itself typically divided into two things: styles and objects.

So to create WW2 soviet propaganda posters, you'd find 3+ varied(as in objects, composition, colors, people) examples of the style and feed it into textual inversion to generate an embedding - represented by some token like `emb_WW2SovietPropaganda`. Then describe thing and use that token.

To create a person's face, ala lensly, or some battle that no one described in the sets because AI nerds are a different kind of nerd same deal. In dreambooth you would annotate / preprocess the images - you can interrogate them via deepbooru or BLIP to generate .txt files that correspond to what the model would generate those images as. Then you generate classifier images - 10 per source - these are used to set the ground truth state of what the model will generate for the description. There seem to be cliffs of effectiveness and stickiness - 70-100 steps per image is a reasonable sweet spot where the model will pick up a concept but not weld it to the style of the source.

Having the source annotated well helps a lot, and less is often more RE: the amount of images in a set - but it can also weld in certain features you might not want like backgrounds. Automatic1111's webui automates a lot of this.

Does that make sense? Feel free to DM me.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Does anyone know how training data works for AI art generators? I tried to depict German rearmament and heavy industry because it came up in the thread today,

used these from German news stories in 2022 as the reference photos

but the result seems a bit off

It tells you to take the Communism tech tree for heavy industry I think.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I’m the Super Worker who has 12 fingers per hand

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

*posting a Tom of Finland drawing I jack off to*

yeah im trying to train the ai to do bohemian pictures of guys in the nude

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Russia keeps breaking treaties but it's probably best to get mad at everyone else when they do it again like everyone predicted

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

There is no ceasefire treaty, remember? Ukriane rejected the Christmas ceasefire.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

I’m the Super Worker who has 12 fingers per hand

The superhuman code monkey, massage therapist and pianist.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

evilmiera posted:

Russia keeps breaking treaties but it's probably best to get mad at everyone else when they do it again like everyone predicted

:gb2gbs:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lmao "hmmmm ukraine said they would never do it, i guess russia just isnt the bigger guy by unilaterally upholding it"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

evilmiera posted:

Yes it is, you have a problem with that?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

evilmiera posted:

come the gently caress on, man :gb2gbs:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

lmao "hmmmm ukraine said they would never do it, i guess russia just isnt the bigger guy by unilaterally upholding it"

there's actually been a variation of this in the Philippines, where the government says "we are unilaterally declaring a ceasefire against the insurgents", and then when the insurgents attack, they're horrified that the insurgents could be so treacherous and heartless and therefore peace talks are off the table because they broke a ceasefire (that we declared without consulting them)

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
lmfao

are the liberals seriously calling it a treaty after ukraine rejected it outright

thats amazing

Anyways are people trying to spin it like Russia needs a resupply break and that's why they asked? That's pretty fuckin funny too.

Pistol_Pete posted:

I don't see any reason for Russia to be in a big hurry, they know that the west doesn't care if Ukraine wins or loses and that it's just a place to ship a bunch of MIC business toward. Eventually they'll roll in from Belarus and the war will end pretty quickly, I don't see any way Ukraine can defend the east and the north simultaneously.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

gradenko_2000 posted:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

There is no ceasefire treaty, remember? Ukriane rejected the Christmas ceasefire.

it’s almost as good as when the us complains that iran isn’t holding up it’s part of the nuclear deal, which trump unilaterally ripped up

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
god drat even the US managed to negotiate the christmas truce in vietnam

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

gonna annihilate his nuts with devastating cruise missile volley in violation of the qcs treaty (actionable)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

ItohRespectArmy posted:

these pictures look pretty masculine to me FF

Anyone who can pull off something badass like that is a modern day Patroclus.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Buffer posted:

There are a few different ways to do it. Stable-diffusion has two: dreambooth(which fine-tunes and adds data to a model and creates a new checkpoint) and textual inversion(which creates a more portable embedding). Training itself typically divided into two things: styles and objects.

So to create WW2 soviet propaganda posters, you'd find 3+ varied(as in objects, composition, colors, people) examples of the style and feed it into textual inversion to generate an embedding - represented by some token like `emb_WW2SovietPropaganda`. Then describe thing and use that token.

To create a person's face, ala lensly, or some battle that no one described in the sets because AI nerds are a different kind of nerd same deal. In dreambooth you would annotate / preprocess the images - you can interrogate them via deepbooru or BLIP to generate .txt files that correspond to what the model would generate those images as. Then you generate classifier images - 10 per source - these are used to set the ground truth state of what the model will generate for the description. There seem to be cliffs of effectiveness and stickiness - 70-100 steps per image is a reasonable sweet spot where the model will pick up a concept but not weld it to the style of the source.

Having the source annotated well helps a lot, and less is often more RE: the amount of images in a set - but it can also weld in certain features you might not want like backgrounds. Automatic1111's webui automates a lot of this.

Does that make sense? Feel free to DM me.

Thank you, but also

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rzTXYNrAxX8

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The ceasefire is bad and it's good that Ukriane rejected it also Russia should honor the ceasefire.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Russia should make a break for Kiev today while the west is distracted

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

On the other hand every day not spent shooting at eachother is a good day.

America would just slot in a school shooting or something to balance it out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PiratePrentice posted:

I don't see any reason for Russia to be in a big hurry, they know that the west doesn't care if Ukraine wins or loses and that it's just a place to ship a bunch of MIC business toward. Eventually they'll roll in from Belarus and the war will end pretty quickly, I don't see any way Ukraine can defend the east and the north simultaneously.

i still think putin is deliberately keeping the war going because he is trying to bleed America and cause a revolution in the west

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Rutibex posted:

i still think putin is deliberately keeping the war going because he is trying to bleed America and cause a revolution in the west

If that's Putin's plan then he's a loving moron lol. The war has only cost 10s of billions of dollars for the us, which is mostly serving as a make-work program for weapons manufacturers. In a million years it wouldn't have an appreciable effect in america besides some performative horseshit like flags in libs' yards.
There's practically nothing that could cause a revolution in the us short of a war in the CONUS

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Russia's economy will probably take the rest of the century to recover from this massive defeat.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

Russia's economy will probably take the rest of the century to recover from this massive defeat.

:allears:

Sure the extremely resource rich country with a highly educated workforce will just waste away for 80 years.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
It would make more sense to keep it going as a method letting Europe keep tearing itself apart and loving over it's own people than anything to do with America. I feel like 2022 was basically the the start of the end of Europe and the unity of The West and I don't think anyone really thought it would go down like that. Putin obviously thought this thing was going to be over in less than a day but he can't be too sad about watching the ruling class of Germany and Britain and whoever else just starve and freeze their own people for the sake of American MIC profits, can he?

If he does a good enough job making friends with China then Russia is pretty well set for the new future we're headed toward.

Obviously that's all a little loose and vibes based for me to actually think that that's what's motivating anyone but it makes more sense than the idea that America is hurting a lot from sending a few dozen billions of dollars and a bunch of outdated equipment to some dipshit Nazis on the other side of the world in order to boost MIC profits hugely.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Putin is using his oil and gas as a wedge to break European loyalty to America. And it's working to various degrees.

Edit: Efb.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Frosted Flake posted:

Same, but I said it was Polish Navy GROM commandos, and punched in these images as reference:

I still can't put my finger on why the results feel strange. Maybe not masculine enough?

Steel workers and commando swimmers are real men's men and I feel like the AI just doesn't understand.

It's because you accidentally asked for mutant super soldiers with thumbs instead of index fingers and 10 fingers per hand.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hatebag posted:

If that's Putin's plan then he's a loving moron lol. The war has only cost 10s of billions of dollars for the us, which is mostly serving as a make-work program for weapons manufacturers. In a million years it wouldn't have an appreciable effect in america besides some performative horseshit like flags in libs' yards.
There's practically nothing that could cause a revolution in the us short of a war in the CONUS

i feel like its kinda misleading to only count government spending as costs to the west given that we're in the middle of a self-inflicted economic meltdown atm

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
It's good to keep The West and America separate in discussion. America is going to be just fine, The West as a whole is in some pretty big trouble.

America, if it was still being run by competent monsters like Kissinger, would be looking out for the The West as a whole because that's what helps keep America strong and influential.

America as it is now, being run by incompetent neoliberal monsters instead, no longer cares about anything beyond the next quarters profits and is willing to sell anything they've got, including their geopolitical influence, to make a quick buck.

They bought into their own ridiculous ideology a bit too hard and forgot what it's foundation actually was.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

America is squeezing a lot of money out of Europe due to this war. Not only are there gonna be big boosts in weapon sales, but they've embargoed one of their biggest petroleum rivals allowing them to jack up the price of gas and oil. This is causing the European economy to crash, which means all the capital is fleeing to America which is why the euro/pound are eating poo poo and the dollar is stronger than ever.

Meanwhile, the stock market is lmao

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Kissinger's greatest fear was warm relations between China and Russia. Those two countries have the combined expertise, arable land, and resources to create an independent world island that can surpass the United States by any metric.

And it's happening!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

Same, but I said it was Polish Navy GROM commandos, and punched in these images as reference:

I still can't put my finger on why the results feel strange. Maybe not masculine enough?

Steel workers and commando swimmers are real men's men and I feel like the AI just doesn't understand.

nothing more masculine than gay love pal