Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MikeCrotch posted:

What's your favourite Bolt Thrower song

Mine is all of them

The Killchain, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Anti-Tank (Dead Armour)

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Powder Burns is underrated.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Arivia posted:

Honest question: are Meads of Asphodel fascists/nsbm? They get namedropped in that article about Taake but I always thought they were tongue in cheek and wouldn’t guess a song called “Jew Killer” is anti-Semitic (not a good title though)

Crin (aka Metatron, the brains behind the band) is a total "I am very very very smart and intellectual and philosophical" kind of dweeb and has some weird obsession with Judaism and English heritage. He's never been actively hateful but he's an absolute tosser. I used to think their lyrical themes were tongue in cheek but I'm not entirely sure anymore.

Changing topic, I was watching Manuel Gagneux play around making music on twitch last night and I am just so in awe of his abilities :allears: I've been quite surprised at Zeal & Ardor's self titled not being in most people's top albums for 2022.

Solefald fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 7, 2023

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

The IVth Crusade

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

symbolic posted:

Anti-Tank (Dead Armour)

This!

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Spearhead

2nd answer all of them

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I cant think of the song title. It’s the bolt thrower one with the sick bass tone and great riffs.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

MikeCrotch posted:

What's your favourite Bolt Thrower song

I wanna say Anti-Tank (Dead Armour), but idk World Eater comes awfully close

battlepigeon
Aug 3, 2008

World Eater!!

Even the '94 version

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Cobra Commander posted:

I cant think of the song title. It’s the bolt thrower one with the sick bass tone and great riffs.

That's right

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne_gKQRHSTc

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Lest We Forget

but Inside The Wire is right up there

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Cenotaph is a banger. They have a handful of songs that start exactly the same way(Embers, killchain) then turn into their own things. It's kinda cool.

Through the Eye of Terror is awesome too.

You really can't go wrong. All their albums are good and full of bangers.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Malaria posted:

They have a handful of songs that start exactly the same way(Embers, killchain) then turn into their own things. It's kinda cool.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6W3w1QM1Vo3G-oAifx5vnwICGg5heMQS

Just watch out for the last track- there’s three playlists I saw with the World Eater riff songs but they all have something weird tacked on

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'm glad someone recorded this, and Earache put it up forever. 1989. It says Carcass, Napalm Death, and Morbid Angel were also on the bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zf7pECsLPY

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Takes No Damage posted:

Nothing beats Nokturnal Mortum for me, they were straight up Nazis for several albums but man Goat Horns is so good :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NuJbr5V6vI

i always confuse these guys with nachmystium

i can never remember who is who

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Nachtmystium are the one whose main guy is a dope fiend who steals from people.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Philthy posted:

I'm glad someone recorded this, and Earache put it up forever. 1989. It says Carcass, Napalm Death, and Morbid Angel were also on the bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zf7pECsLPY

The Grindcrusher tour is absolutely legendary in terms of death/grind history that it's the only tour in terms of those genres where new merch is still made for it (AFAIK).

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Arivia posted:

Honest question: are Meads of Asphodel fascists/nsbm? They get namedropped in that article about Taake but I always thought they were tongue in cheek and wouldn’t guess a song called “Jew Killer” is anti-Semitic (not a good title though)

they did a concept album about how the holocaust was bad.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Reposting from the discord:

quote:

Nokturnal Mortum commit blood libel, Nachtmystium won't ship your vinyl

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Henchman of Santa posted:

Nachtmystium are the one whose main guy is a dope fiend who steals from people.

I still love Assassins and listened to it recently. What's happened with Blake Judd just bums me out. What a poo poo situation.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
you would figure people would learn not to give junkies their money

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
At least that junkie gave us this banger of a shirt

https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/nachtmystium

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Concession of pain

another one for the pile. soon we will have all of them

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

battlepigeon posted:

World Eater!!

Even the '94 version

I kinda like the 94 version more and I don't care what anyone thinks

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

you would figure people would learn not to give junkies their money

I mean we all gave Lowtax $10

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Not sure if many towns are like this, but it seems for mine there are metal shows every weekend here. This Friday we had Droids Attack, Lords of the Trident, and Casket Robbery. On Saturday we had Yotuma, Plague of Carcosa, doublespeak, and High Hell. Last night we had Egodeath, Squidhammer, Volcandra, and Toxic Ruin.

Crazy time to get back into metal for me, and kinda thankful that there is so much to go to in the middle of freaking winter. I only caught last night's show because.. life. But goddamn. $10 covers with 4 hours of excellent music and $5 beers? Yes please.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

im in my late 30s now and id really like to start going to more shows again. unfortunately my old concert buddies have all drifted away and going alone is fine but is just never the same

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
late 40s here and don't know anyone in my closer circle that is into metal, unfortunately. going alone is fine with me, and it looks like half the people that show up are by themselves anyway

probably just bump into the regular crowd enough at some point that it'll be a moot point

Philthy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 9, 2023

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Popping outside for a quick smoke is a good way to meet people at shows, I always bring a fresh back even if I'm not smoking at that time and others will congregate to where you're smoking to chat and have a smoke as well.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i'm social everywhere except for shows. that's some me time

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nazzadan posted:

Popping outside for a quick smoke is a good way to meet people at shows, I always bring a fresh back even if I'm not smoking at that time and others will congregate to where you're smoking to chat and have a smoke as well.

yeah this works well for sure

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i go to shows almost exclusively solo except for MDF.

i like it and i always run into people who i know

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Spanish Manlove posted:

i'm social everywhere except for shows. that's some me time

everyone yell FRANCO when you're at a death metal show and if anyone reacts go up and be uncomfortably familiar challenge

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The trick to going to metal shows alone is to wear a loving sick battle vest. Everybody wants to talk to you

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the trick to most things in life is to wear a fuckin sick metal battle vest tbh

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Your honor, as you can see by the defendants sick battle vest there is no possible way shape or form that he is guilty of these charges being held against him

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Kvlt! posted:

the trick to most things in life is to wear a fuckin sick metal battle vest tbh

I don't think it fits anymore...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Being alone at shows means I just wander around drinking as we all awkwardly nod at each other in passing, then get beat up in the pit and high five everyone afterwards