Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kang will actually be a pretty good Leader defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Luke's Bar being featured means I'm taking a break for a few days. I climbed up to 36 this week, and I've unlocked a couple of high value cards. It's been a good time.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 8, 2023

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

In theory the featured location thing is good for making mini-metas and keeping things fresh; in practice I keep looking at the featured location and going "oh ew, I guess I'm not playing Snap today." :v:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They should make a mode where a new location is featured every day.

The should make a lot of weird modes in general.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

At least Morag and Hala were fun to work around. Luke's Bar just means getting trolled by Iceman and Scorpion for 3 turns and gets old fast.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well I like Luke's Bar :colbert:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Opopanax posted:

Well I like Luke's Bar :colbert:

What are you playing?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Quackles posted:

What are you playing?

Electro into Prof X. If they have any tricks to play there they usually save it for later than 4 and this shuts it down.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Using Aero on Luke's bar for turns 5 and 6 is funny I ain't gonna lie.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Luke Bar is fun, my destroy deck that uses Squirrel, Sinister and Brood has some extra utility.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My Wong deck with White Tiger works fine with Luke's Bar, since the tigers that she spawns don't get removed from the spot

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Aw, I guess Iron Fist can't move itself. That's not really intuitive.

edit: played it onto Luke's Bar the first turn, then the second turn played it to the left of Luke's Bar and nothing happened.

odiv fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 8, 2023

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I’ve had a lot of people retreat when I play Prof X on Luke’s bar even when I’m losing on board. It’s cool because I’m usually not holding anything good and playing the game out to learn.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
One trick some people might not be aware of is that if your hand is full, cards don't return to your hand from Luke's Bar. So if you have a full hand and play a Sentinel or White Queen or something there, the on-reveal will trigger and refill your hand to 7 cards, then the card you played stays put. If you don't have much of a collection yet you could definitely do worse than a handsize devil dinosaur deck.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Jubilee just pulling in a card that sticks seems to be winning me that lane alone.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Pixeltendo posted:

Using Aero on Luke's bar for turns 5 and 6 is funny I ain't gonna lie.

Does it boot the other cards out? That's interesting because I tried her on Death's Domain and she pulls them over then they are not killed. Must be some specific wording in there (or it's just not consistent)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

priznat posted:

Does it boot the other cards out? That's interesting because I tried her on Death's Domain and she pulls them over then they are not killed. Must be some specific wording in there (or it's just not consistent)

It's based on priority. If you move them into Death's Domain while you have priority and they haven't flipped, then yeah, it'll destroy. Same w/Luke. If you don't have priority, the card is already played and it counts as a "moved" card and not "played."

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

RevKrule posted:

It's based on priority. If you move them into Death's Domain while you have priority and they haven't flipped, then yeah, it'll destroy. Same w/Luke. If you don't have priority, the card is already played and it counts as a "moved" card and not "played."

I could swear I had priority and that's why I was surprised they didn't get nuked. Still won anyway, and could be misremembering.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

RevKrule posted:

This is wrong, priority does not matter. A location that does something when a card is "played" will not trigger if Aero yanks something in.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Invisible Woman on offer. Easy buy since I've already sunk probably 100+ hours into my discard deck without her somehow. And then I finally got a neat effect on a card:

Trying to show it off and people keep scorpioning/icing/widowing my hand like I'm not playing everything out of my deck or discard pile..

*chuckle*

...some mother fuckaz are always tryin' to ice skate uphill.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Starting to think the point of featured and hot locations is to get people to take a break for a few days and go touch grass, because they are very effective at doing that for me.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Quake is a whole lotta fun on this one too, btw.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Finally unlocked Bast for my Mr. Negative decks after saving up All The Tokens.

Feels like a night and day difference. Now, opening hands with a bunch of x/0s aren’t an immediate brick, since Bast can at least smooth them into x/3s.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I may not HobGob often, but I may do so more often.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RevKrule posted:

This is wrong. I know, because I've tried it. The cards moved into the Bar or DD are not affected because they weren't played there, just revealed there.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Ninurta posted:

I may not HobGob often, but I may do so more often.

got this same variant earlier tonight :respek:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Finally managed the climb from 70 to 80:

:toot:

My patriot surfer deck works pretty well with Luke, I can drop brood there or keep repeating surfer as many times as I want:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Dan Hipp variants are great. Let's hope they continue giving him money so he'll do every character (Snap Fan lists 70 of them thus far).

One of the few "meh" ones is Iron Man because he doesn't have a really exaggerated physique to make up for the lack of expression.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Tekopo posted:

Finally managed the climb from 70 to 80:

:toot:

My patriot surfer deck works pretty well with Luke, I can drop brood there or keep repeating surfer as many times as I want:

Thanks for posting this! I finally got Mystique and was playing this and having middling results. Figures I need to get good.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Mystique does a lot of heavy lifting in that list. Being able to Sera into either double patriot + surfer or double iron man is incredibly strong.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Was wondering how this guy managed to play on Luke's Bar but I can only assume that the cards don't get returned or destroyed offscreen if your hand is full!

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
They do not, as was mentioned upthread. One trick people don't seem to anticipate is that Moon Girl will stick if you have 4 it more cards in hand when she reveals, and she can sneak out a buddy if you have the energy.

I've been seeing more bad plays this season than last, not sure what's up. About half the time I get Bar With No Name my opponent seems to play one or more cards of it like it's a normal location and then not retreat or do anything about it

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Same decks that got me to 80 last season can't break 40 now and all the new cards I'm getting are pixel variants of the ones I already have :argh:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

What's the deck? Might be it's somethin' just really bad for Luke's Bar.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
After languishing in the mid-60s for the past few days, Luke's Bar raced me to 70. Been using this https://marvelsnapzone.com/decks/seracle-surfer-33/ Sera Surfer deck.

Basic gameplan has been:
3) Brood into Luke's Bar
4) Brood into Another Location
5) Surfer into Luke's Bar (+ 2-drop if available)
6) 3-drop somewhere else, + Surfer into Luke's Bar again

Sera is essentially a fall-back option for 5) if things don't line up.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Jedit posted:

This is wrong. I know, because I've tried it. The cards moved into the Bar or DD are not affected because they weren't played there, just revealed there.

Vanilla Bison posted:

This is wrong, priority does not matter. A location that does something when a card is "played" will not trigger if Aero yanks something in.

Like my cube level this weekend, my knowledge level is also on a full tilt this weekend. Thank you for correcting me. This is good information for me to have as well.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
If you have Zabu, this deck is pretty great for Bar with No Name

quote:

# (1) Sunspot
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Spider-Man
# (4) Crossbones
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) She-Hulk
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGFkeVNpZiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJhY3VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2hvc3RSaWRlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDcm9zc2JvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJNYW4ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Jubilee on BWNN on 4 and 5 into whatever nonsense on 6 is pretty good. And Sif into Ghost Rider is similarly good. So you have options.

What’s also working for me is aggressively playing on unrevealed locations which is normally the riskier move but it can put you ahead of your opponent especially since it seems like a lot of people haven’t worked out that this is the featured location yet.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jedit posted:

Cool another fun example of the game using "played" and "revealed" inconsistently. In other cases they're synonyms, or a card is not "played" until it is revealed.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Tender Bender posted:

Cool another fun example of the game using "played" and "revealed" inconsistently. In other cases they're synonyms, or a card is not "played" until it is revealed.

I think the interaction in this case makes sense but I agree that others don't. IMO there should be a word other than "play" for cards pulled from deck or hand, because a lot of the time they don't satisfy "play" requirements or triggers. It doesn't even really work if you say "cards Jubilee summons don't get bounced from Luke's Bar because she's playing them, not you" because then you have stuff like Goose that says "Nobody can play cards that cost 4, 5, or 6" and that should include Jubilee :colbert:

edit: actually nevermind, the lack of Aero interaction is bullshit, because I am 100% sure that if you have priority and Juggernaut an opponent's card into Death's Domain or Luke's Bar it will be destroyed or get bounced. I get that Aero doesn't need a buff but you're right, it's inconsistent

goferchan fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
My Patriot deck (running Sinister, Brood, and Doom) also likes Luke’s Bar.