Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

I think the interaction in this case makes sense but I agree that others don't. IMO there should be a word other than "play" for cards pulled from deck or hand, because a lot of the time they don't satisfy "play" requirements or triggers. It doesn't even really work if you say "cards Jubilee summons don't get bounced from Luke's Bar because she's playing them, not you" because then you have stuff like Goose that says "Nobody can play cards that cost 4, 5, or 6" and that should include Jubilee :colbert:

edit: actually nevermind, the lack of Aero interaction is bullshit, because I am 100% sure that if you have priority and Juggernaut an opponent's card into Death's Domain or Luke's Bar it will be destroyed or get bounced. I get that Aero doesn't need a buff but you're right, it's inconsistent

Yeah, the Aero thing I'm okay with in a vacuum, it's the inconsistency that's annoying. Like I've learned from stuff like Bishop that cards aren't "played" until they're Revealed, so if I tried Aero here and lost a game because the interaction worked differently than the game had previously taught, I'd be pretty pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Patriot decks are good here, Wong decks can be, destruction decks in some cases (get lucky with Wolverine, or have Yondu plink away), there are a lot of viable options and people need to quit being babies about the featured locations. This is a deck building game, if your deck isn't working build a new one

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, the Aero thing I'm okay with in a vacuum, it's the inconsistency that's annoying. Like I've learned from stuff like Bishop that cards aren't "played" until they're Revealed, so if I tried Aero here and lost a game because the interaction worked differently than the game had previously taught, I'd be pretty pissed.

The one exception to this is Mysterio, who triggers Bishop 3 times. which functionally makes sense, because otherwise a bunch of cards and locations could give away which ones are illusions. I think it's also the only card that uses the formatting "As you play this..."

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I really wish you could have more than 20 decks. I didn't used to think that but man, I'm constantly butting up against the limit and it's v annoying.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

How in the hell did this person play Moon girl in Luke's bar? It was just flat out played there turn 4 and not bounced back.

This lost me the game, and appears to be a bug, unless I'm missing some incredibly obtuse mechanic.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

SweetJahasus posted:

How in the hell did this person play Moon girl in Luke's bar? It was just flat out played there turn 4 and not bounced back.

This lost me the game, and appears to be a bug, unless I'm missing some incredibly obtuse mechanic.

Moon Girl can’t go back to hand if player is holding 7 cards after the duplicate.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
It’s seems weird that it works that way rather than being destroyed, but that’s just the difference between this and hearthstone I guess

Also I lost 8 cubes to a Nick Fury pulling this trick off, couldn’t even be mad

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Opopanax posted:

Patriot decks are good here, Wong decks can be, destruction decks in some cases (get lucky with Wolverine, or have Yondu plink away), there are a lot of viable options and people need to quit being babies about the featured locations. This is a deck building game, if your deck isn't working build a new one

The only problem I had with Luke's Bar last night was running into 3 separate troll decks in a row. But that was good because it made me go to bed. :)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

This guy kept yondu/korg/icemanning me on luke’s bar and shredded most of my deck but thankfully surfer/wong/brood/ironheart and odin survived!

Annoying decks are annoying but not always that effective at winning, but it did keep me from snapping.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I am pretty certain my usage of Iceman/Black Widow/Hazmat over the last 24h has made at least two people need to put their phone down and stop playing.

:feelsgood:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Widow is the most frustrating by a mile.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The one time I was up against someone running Widow, Machineworld was also in play, so I just turned their bullshit right back around on them. :v:

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
ngl I almost feel like there should be a "This effect will not occur if the target player already has a Widow's Bite in their hand" condition on her, but that would also take away some of her utility for cards like Ronan (with the ever-popular Ronan the Accuser meta).

edit: Maybe a "You can only play this card once every other turn"?

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 8, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cattail Prophet posted:

The one time I was up against someone running Widow, Machineworld was also in play, so I just turned their bullshit right back around on them. :v:

Then they presumably began giving you two Bites a turn instead of one?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

edgar_ posted:

It’s seems weird that it works that way rather than being destroyed, but that’s just the difference between this and hearthstone I guess

Also I lost 8 cubes to a Nick Fury pulling this trick off, couldn’t even be mad

Yeah I think that's just one of those things you come into the game assuming it works the same way as HS, but it's not like the implementation there inherently makes more sense

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Jedit posted:

Then they presumably began giving you two Bites a turn instead of one?

I... don't think so, actually? It ended up being a Dino deck, and I'm pretty sure the only card they played on Machineworld before turn 6 was the big guy himself. Figure if they already had their key cards they decided it was better to leave them in hand to buff him up rather than clog up their side of the board.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

priznat posted:

This guy kept yondu/korg/icemanning me on luke’s bar and shredded most of my deck but thankfully surfer/wong/brood/ironheart and odin survived!

Annoying decks are annoying but not always that effective at winning, but it did keep me from snapping.

Yeah, I've been doing this to be funny with Hazmat Luke and beast. I'm not winning; it's entertaining, though.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

goferchan posted:

I think the interaction in this case makes sense but I agree that others don't. IMO there should be a word other than "play" for cards pulled from deck or hand, because a lot of the time they don't satisfy "play" requirements or triggers. It doesn't even really work if you say "cards Jubilee summons don't get bounced from Luke's Bar because she's playing them, not you" because then you have stuff like Goose that says "Nobody can play cards that cost 4, 5, or 6" and that should include Jubilee :colbert:

edit: actually nevermind, the lack of Aero interaction is bullshit, because I am 100% sure that if you have priority and Juggernaut an opponent's card into Death's Domain or Luke's Bar it will be destroyed or get bounced. I get that Aero doesn't need a buff but you're right, it's inconsistent

Run Jug and can confirm that interaction

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Petition to remove Subterranea from the game. I don't think another location spikes my blood pressure nearly as much.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Opponent got Angela on Luke's Bar, played two cards on there after, and for some reason it didn't add to her power. Weird.

Meanwhile, I had two cards in my deck. Opponent flips first, played Jubilee on a node where he had buffed Gamora and was playing Hulk. 50/50 shot to pull Shang Chi.

I pulled Sunspot. Fuckin game.

Also, I'm thinking about dropping 1400 gold on Cosmo and Dino and will have probably done it by the time you read this.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 8, 2023

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
The new Marvel cartoon Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur premieres next month and I'd love it if the cards got variants based on the designs. I love the style.

https://youtu.be/pzY7Y0dYHNU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Just had district X pop and give me Agatha who promptly played Moon Knight which killed her. I ms marvel emoted to myself for that one.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just unlocked Black Bolt. I'm sure he will be useful somewhere, but for now he's the highest value 5 card in my deck.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Push El Burrito posted:

Opponent got Angela on Luke's Bar, played two cards on there after, and for some reason it didn't add to her power. Weird.

Meanwhile, I had two cards in my deck. Opponent flips first, played Jubilee on a node where he had buffed Gamora and was playing Hulk. 50/50 shot to pull Shang Chi.

Also, I'm thinking about dropping 1400 gold on Cosmo and Dino and will have probably done it by the time you read this.

The Devil Dino one I've almost grabbed twice. It's very good

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Down 80 cubes today, solid game. No matter which deck I played constantly getting trounced.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm having very good results with a simple Dracula Zoo deck, it's almost stupid. It'd be better with Red Skull but it's working.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just hit rank 40. I was struggling to get out of the 20's a couple of days ago.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Push El Burrito posted:

yessss, do it, I have both of those and they're 10/10

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Devo posted:

Petition to remove Subterranea from the game. I don't think another location spikes my blood pressure nearly as much.

Atalan first, that one's the most unfun imo

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Patriot/Ultron with Hood is a great answer for Bar. Going to miss the free cubes.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Devil Dinosaur seems to always have the best variants.

I have the Christmas themed one myself.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Pixeltendo posted:

Devil Dinosaur seems to always have the best variants.

I have the Christmas themed one myself.

Devil Dino definitely has the most consistently good variants. Is there a bad one? I think even the Pixel one is passable, which is saying something for that particular line of variants.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I unlocked the Mystique variant earlier where it looks like she's turning into Carol Danvers Ms Marvel so that was at least not a poo poo pixel variant like all of the others I keep getting

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ok this game sequence had me laughing

I play Elektra on X-Mansion where my opponent plays Patriot. Elektra destroys the Squirrel that is buffed by Patriot. Then the X-Mansion gives my opponent Viper and the Patriot goes to my side. Immediate retreat

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
How did my opponent play Black Bolt on turn 3?

There was no energy gain location, or cost reducing card played.

Turn 1 Luke's Bar flipped neither of us played. Turn 2, The Hub flips and I get.my Black Bolt.

I played Forge on Luke's, flipped first, and they played Witch to transform it to Shadowland.

Turn 3 Hellfire Club flips, I play Zabu, and they somehow played Black Bolt, destroying an Angela I had in my hand.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sounds like Morph? Maybe?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Opopanax posted:

Atalan first, that one's the most unfun imo

guess what happened like 2 or 3 games after I bitched about Subterranea

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Sandwolf posted:

Sounds like Morph? Maybe?

Oh, yeah that must be it. I thought I was playing close attention, but I guess I missed the first couple seconds of the reveal.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I know it's not the most broken combo or anything particularly special, but I do like throwing Yondu at Luke's Bar, especially when I have a turn where I don't have much else to play, so I'm at least making progress on lowering Death's cost and hopefully culling out a key card from the opponent's deck.

I do like the Turn 1 retreats because I managed to take out their Patriot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Feeling sort of stuck with my randomly-assembled decks. Where can I go to learn more about the strategy for what I think is still Pool 1 (CL275)?