Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well at least it wasn't a dead christmas tree being returned a week or two after christmas. As we've seen.

I'm on their side; that tree didn't stay alive until Orthodox Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zero VGS posted:

Slammed my van into the fire lane at 5:55pm on a Sunday, Ace Ventura style, didn't mean to show up 5 minutes before closing but traffic was stupid. Rolled into the returns counter with 3 carts to hold everything and avoid scratches. Cheery Haitian lady asked for my order number which pulled up from my email; she nor I mentioned the original purchase date and I'm not sure she ever even noticed it. I said "didn't like it" and that was enough for her, not so much as a raised eyebrow from anyone.

$2124.99 back on my Visa:

looks like they received your opinion :blastu:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zero VGS posted:

Slammed my van into the fire lane at 5:55pm on a Sunday, Ace Ventura style, didn't mean to show up 5 minutes before closing but traffic was stupid. Rolled into the returns counter with 3 carts to hold everything and avoid scratches. Cheery Haitian lady asked for my order number which pulled up from my email; she nor I mentioned the original purchase date and I'm not sure she ever even noticed it. I said "didn't like it" and that was enough for her, not so much as a raised eyebrow from anyone.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND SLAM MY VAN INTO THE COSTCO FIRE LANE. ITS A RETURN OF A THREE YEAR OLD BED FRAME AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES LIKE MY HERO, COSTCO CO-FOUNDER JON SINEGAL. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN MY MEMBERSHIP CARD OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY GOT $2124.99 BACK ON THEIR VISA CARD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO GOONS ON THE SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE GOONS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED LINES LIKE “just didn’t like it” AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING TRAFFIC EVERY EVENING. THEN I LIFT

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

What does the New Jersey sticker mean?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

:lmao:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Blue Moonlight posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP

My friends are very angry you copied/pasted this instead of typing it out from memory, as evidenced from "then I lift" at the end.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

During the next quarterly investors meeting Costco will announce that they are raising the price of the hot dog and cite you specifically as the reason why.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

I'm glad you got your money back

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Christmas tree returned.

$124.99 back on my Citigold private client card.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pentyne posted:

During the next quarterly investors meeting Costco will announce that they are raising the price of the hot dog and cite you specifically as the reason why.

Swear to god I was going to make this joke but I was too timid because I didn't want to even mention the hot dog going up in price. :ohdear:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Take the yogurt drinks home and drink half of them and then return them three years later because you didn’t like them.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

RoastBeef posted:

What does the New Jersey sticker mean?

It means they're from New Jersey and that's important to them.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
When you move to Colorado you get a few choices. Colorado Native, sticker of some other state with a heart or integrated in the word home, or something about the mountains calling and you must go.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Take the yogurt drinks home and drink half of them and then return them three years later because you didn’t like them.

Drink them in the store and walk right to the returns counter.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Zero VGS posted:

Costco life :hai:

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
I bought 5lbs of mandarin oranges on Friday and Saturday morning I opened the bag and all but two were moldy and rotten. I had the receipt but threw the oranges out because why bother.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Action Serious posted:

I bought 5lbs of mandarin oranges on Friday and Saturday morning I opened the bag and all but two were moldy and rotten. I had the receipt but threw the oranges out because why bother.

because you are going to go back to costco anyway

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Has anyone bought an appliance recently from Church? Between the extra year warranty and free installation/haul away, Church is about 10% cheaper than my next option, but I've been hearing that the delivery service has been really bad as of late.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

SourKraut posted:

Has anyone bought an appliance recently from Church? Between the extra year warranty and free installation/haul away, Church is about 10% cheaper than my next option, but I've been hearing that the delivery service has been really bad as of late.

It really varies depending on location. I had really good service in one town and terrible in another.

Comrade_Robot
Mar 18, 2009

SourKraut posted:

I think delivery is subcontracted out, so it really depends on where you are. In one state the 'white glove' delivery was great, but where I live now they dumped it in front of my garage and left. It made me leery enough that we just went with Lowe's for our dishwasher.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

SourKraut posted:

In my city regardless of where you buy an appliance they all come from the same warehouse and are delivered by a third party company. If you buy a washer from Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Costco, Etc, they all come from the same place so buy from whatever store is the cheapest at the time. That is what the delivery guy told me a few years ago.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

mds2 posted:

In my city regardless of where you buy an appliance they all come from the same warehouse and are delivered by a third party company. If you buy a washer from Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Costco, Etc, they all come from the same place so buy from whatever store is the cheapest at the time. That is what the delivery guy told me a few years ago.

I did one whole shift of deliveries at Lowe's (nightmare job), so at least some of these stores do their own deliveries in some locations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Action Serious posted:

Just say exactly this and you can probably get a new thing or oranges

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I cant believe that guy returned that 3 year old bed in a million pieces.

PBUC and its eternally merciful return policy.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My honeycrisp apple was rotten. Do you think they'd give me a new box of them?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I had a range delivered and installed and the crew Costco sent was excellent. Moved the old one out to the garage for me (I was reselling it) hooked the new on up, set the little anti tip foot, leveled it and we tested it. I'll use them again when I eventually buy a new washer.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I think the returns dept keeps track of the abusers so if you don't do it too often it's not so bad. But getting over $2k for something they'll throw away is pretty lovely.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
what is a 'wall bed' anyway? like a murphy bed?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You know the wood parts of that bed are soaked in cat pee.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Fitzy Fitz posted:

My honeycrisp apple was rotten. Do you think they'd give me a new box of them?

I bought bagels from the bakery department in the back, and I think they were fried in rancid oil because they reeked. I threw out the bagels, and said exactly that to the return people. They refunded me my $10 without a thought.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Poopelyse posted:

A common typo. It’s actually called a ‘wahl bed'.

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 9, 2023

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

BigHead posted:

I bought bagels from the bakery department in the back, and I think they were fried in rancid oil because they reeked. I threw out the bagels, and said exactly that to the return people. They refunded me my $10 without a thought.

Did you mean donuts? Last I knew bagels aren’t supposed to be fried

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Bagels are boiled before baking dawg. If you got fried bagels they really done hosed up

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I refuse to acknowledge the difference between a bagel and a donut. That'd be like me trying to tell you there's a difference between a crow and a raven, or between the People's Front of Judea and the Judean People's Front.

It was a bagel I misspoke about the frying but they were nonetheless rancid.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
The All State Protection Plans (formerly SquareTrade) are great. I bought a 75" TCL tv from Costco in 2019 and paid for the protection plan. The TV died the week before xmas. Called the claims dept and they tried to find a "suitable replacement" but couldn't and instead sent me a check for the entire purchase price.

Then I went to Costco to get a new TV and the guy told me if I got another 75" I would have to pay $100 for the protection plan but if I upgraded to an 85" they throw it in for free. How could I argue with that. So I now have a nice Samsung 85" QLED and don't have to worry about anything going wrong for the next 5 years as it is covered.

PBUC

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Poopelyse posted:

Same thing, yes, Murphy Bed seems to be a registered trademark and the company might be fighting generic use of the term so doesn't become public domain (like what happened with "escalator" etc).

You have to bolt it to wall studs for it to work and it will murder you if you gently caress that part up. Mine was a wall desk bed, so it had a desk when folded up, and the hinges keep the desk always level so you can leave short things like laptops on the desk, but you can't leave something like a full size monitor or it would be crushed.

As mentioned it had the void that consumed pillows and phones, and the desk had no leg room under it unless you're tiny.

The one thing that it did do super well was to clear a ton of room for VR when folded up. But I had to give up and put a real desk in the room because of the legroom and monitor issues so that was defeating the purpose.

It's one of those things that is good for a niche purpose and niche person, but there's nowhere on the planet where you can try one out; I've never seen one set up in a furniture store in my life. I think most people buy it as a way to have a stealthy guest bed that looks like a wardrobe closet or desk and almost never use it; it's form over function and suffers as a primary bed due to that. Live and learn!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I have one of the glass/metal standing desks I bought from Costco during the pandemic WFH push that has an annoying noise when it goes up and down that may or may not be normal, but otherwise seems to work ok.

I used the noise and smaller size as a reason to go bigger, and was going to sell the standing desk to a friend at a heavy discount, but they stopped responding about it and now you have me thinking maybe I should take it back to Costco and get a refund…

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I went in and got a refund on my rotten apples and they told me I had to bring them in in the future to prove I really needed a refund. Wtf

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
For food stuff that is obviously rotten I've been told that my Costco will refund without the trip back in, just contact them and send photos for the refund and throw it in the trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Oh that's a good way to do it. I'd feel dumb as hell walking into the store with a big bag of apple mush.