Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
brazilian chuds are the opposite of inventive, they literally keep reusing american droppings for their own culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Nichael posted:

Do Brazil chuds have a Q equivalent, or is that a uniquely American psychosis?

There's no Q, but there's a segment of the Brazilian middle-class and above that's uniquely deranged in its self-loathing of being born here. I don't know elsewhere that has such a desperate emulation of American culture tbqh

Their vision of the US is also monumentally dumb; Orlando for them is an civilizatory aspiration, which dear god lmao

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
https://twitter.com/BrazilianFren/status/1612214465109409793?s=20&t=AijWhbqIuXA-dYukL-RMfA

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
perhaps they'll side with them if they piss them off more?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

dead gay comedy forums posted:

There's no Q, but there's a segment of the Brazilian middle-class and above that's uniquely deranged in its self-loathing of being born here. I don't know elsewhere that has such a desperate emulation of American culture tbqh

Their vision of the US is also monumentally dumb; Orlando for them is an civilizatory aspiration, which dear god lmao

Bozo's moron son Carluxo was posting about "The Storm" and other Q-aligned stuff in 2019-2020, but dropped it.

90% of brazilchud fare is just patrimonial panic ("They're going to take over your house! They'll put a cuban communist in one of your rooms!"), sexual panic ("kids are being taught oral sex by leftists!") and just Olavo-style red scares ("Google is communist and Venezuela calls the shots at Globo networks!").

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

brazilian chuds are the opposite of inventive, they literally keep reusing american droppings for their own culture.

gotta admire the dedication to the bit or whatever

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Conspiratorial thinking is more varied than in the US.

In particular, a lot of the insane conspiracies have one particular source that predates Q: Olavo de Carvalho. Olavo de Carvalho was a fringe loon for most of his life. Most of his early years were spent as an actual astrologist. I first learned of him when some history students would make fun of something he wrote where he created the astral map of the Soviet Union and claimed that that predicted its end. For most of his life no one paid attention to him. But then in 00s it was really hard to find anyone willing to badmouth PT. Lula had 80%+ approval, etc. But rich media tycoons need to have their anti-left mouthpiece. And so Olavo was one of the ones elevated to national voice. His conspiracies were all a mishmash of lunacies: Bill Clinton was a Chinese spy, Brazil already was a communist dictatorship and 40k people were silently being killed a year, media supports LGBT causes to control population growth. Some stuff wasn't even "political:" Isaac Newton was a moron and the law of inertia clearly makes no sense, etc. His whole idea around geopolitics is like that simpsons episode where Lenin comes back to life: the soviet union never ended, just pretended to to take over the world. And so for a while people would just laugh at him and move on. But then Orkut (google's original "facebook" attempt) came along and it started to congregate all the loons. And so Olavo became sort of the guru of all these morons. What was new about Olavo wasn't his rabid anti-communism or his insanity. It's that he interjected American lunacies into the Brazilian middle class that worships the US and dreams of living in Orlando.

Once upon a time, this sort of Brazilian middle class who worships the US would make no difference between democrats and republicans. They'd be all in on Clintonite style neoliberalism. But starting with Olavo, there was now a good way to worship the US and a bad way. So now Clinton was a Chinese agent, Obama was a communist, and the Obama administration being the one to get Lula arrested gets memoryholed (or is treated as part of a 12d chess move to actually bring him back to power).

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

The paranoia factory, presented by capitalist social media. Also what the lack of class consciousness does to a mfer

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:eyepop:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Red and Black posted:

It's truly incredible how stupid the right wing is. Oh, I took over a building, I'm the government now

they did it on a sunday when no one was there -_-

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they did it on a sunday when no one was there -_-

and the guy they're doing it for was in an Orlando Applebee's eating nachos

At least trump was in the same area code

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

patriots are in control now 😎

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

No peep from the portuguese government about this, like not even a public statement condemning what happened. What?

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Idk which dark corners of BR net you go to find poo poo like this but... thank you for your service 🫡

https://twitter.com/BRASILWIRE/status/1612467663418101761

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
murmurs in my family that the thing yesterday was a hoax and it was actually MST in disguise

god I hope that bit gets traction

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

Kunster posted:

No peep from the portuguese government about this, like not even a public statement condemning what happened. What?

Eh this time they were actually quick. From the presidency to the various parties, pretty much everyone has spoken against it (except Chega, who condemns violence but understands the plight of millions of people now living in communism).

But of course you already have several analysts (and "security" experts with friends in the brazilian military and police) claiming Lula and his people were too harsh in the response, almost as bad as the invaders.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Halser posted:

murmurs in my family that the thing yesterday was a hoax and it was actually MST in disguise

god I hope that bit gets traction

My new book, The Brasília bumrush did not take place.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Kefahuchi_son!!! posted:

Eh this time they were actually quick. From the presidency to the various parties, pretty much everyone has spoken against it (except Chega, who condemns violence but understands the plight of millions of people now living in communism).

But of course you already have several analysts (and "security" experts with friends in the brazilian military and police) claiming Lula and his people were too harsh in the response, almost as bad as the invaders.

Just Chega? You'd think Iniciativa Liberal would also join in the fun or even CDS.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1612491521470746626

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

A disease that conveniently allows him to say "I'm not making GBS threads myself out of fear", truly a blessing

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

prayers up

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
who is this "globo"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I wonder if Florida chuds smell the chud pheromones on Bolsonaro, like introducing ants to a new colony by administering matching pheromones to them.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
https://twitter.com/SF_Moro/status/1612122659835318272

the replies are pretty funny

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That man LOVES being hospitalized more than anyone ever.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YS6oNQNtTU

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://twitter.com/choquei/status/1612596231909539840

Even the most fash leeches and vultures came through for this one, Lula is a political machine goddamn

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I’m sure this has nothing to do with Biden saying his visa is no longer valid

https://twitter.com/eixopolitico/status/1612604247266181120?s=20&t=_O0Vv6q8D0OEAWwBqtoxAw

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

to see a whole bunch of these flags around here nowadays is quite something and just warms the heart :3:

eight years ago I was "well I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon but we got to keep at it regardless", four years ago was "tough loving poo poo but we still have people showing up", today we are popping not just here but also in some of the worst bolso holdouts around. Small contigents, sure, but compared to almost non-existent not too long ago? Holy poo poo

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

god I love this content

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hospital pic dropped

https://twitter.com/anthonyboadle/status/1612636884789858307

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao i legit hope this is a psyop to get those dumbasses to bankrupt themselves

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also jesus christ one of the columnists at a major newspaper said this about Lula's cabinet: "We may have indians, blacks and poors making up most of the population but it seems forced to make them the face of our nation. Those people gave me a terrible impression."

https://twitter.com/antoniotabet/status/1611356632369491968

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Also jesus christ one of the columnists at a major newspaper said this about Lula's cabinet: "We may have indians, blacks and poors making up most of the population but it seems forced to make them the face of our nation. Those people gave me a terrible impression."

https://twitter.com/antoniotabet/status/1611356632369491968

credo
someone should say to that lady that's gauche even for europeans

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hearing talks about federal CONCENTRATION CAMPS they're putting people on, any patriots here confirm?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Shoutouts to the people who spent years banging about the "Lula is corrupt!!! why did you free him" drum and constantly screamed on how he was overly paranoid now writing "The case in Brazil means they should have shot everyone on sight and give cops more guns to prosecute those responsible". I mean I wouldn't hold my breath on all of the poo poo getting thrown back at them or, gasp, getting dragged to the brazilian embassy to answer for that poo poo, but at least some sort of shame on their faces over this would be nice. At least Ventura bothered to point out it was a mistake by the right rather than try to pass the back to "crazies" or ask the people who let the capitol rioters in to get more guns and more "leglislative freedom". Jesus.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

credo
someone should say to that lady that's gauche even for europeans
The immediate pivot from naked racism to attacking the first lady's outfit is :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

frajaq posted:

Hearing talks about federal CONCENTRATION CAMPS they're putting people on, any patriots here confirm?

Its fine, all fifth column leftists anyway

Meanwhile FEAR THE WALKING ELDERLY

https://twitter.com/agenda_autonoma/status/1612638974115184641