Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Nyaa posted:

Like Floo?

Once the card resolves, I imagine most meta deck would at least 1/3 bricked and some archtype that depends on hand effect will likely fold.

It doesn't lock your opponent, only you, if that's what this phrasing is implying. Also Floo definitely still runs hand traps, and if anything, desperately wants to finish games ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

D shifter doesn't actually conflict with Morganite at all since you have to fire it first anyway. You could probably play 3 imperm/3 shifter in floo and have it be OK, I'm just not sure the promised future value of this card is better than just getting a more powerful effect now in that deck. Floo is perpetually on a knifedge between 'infinite value on both players turns forever' and '600 attack guy pass' and any non engine cards should probably be either finding your engine or protecting it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I still wish I could hear the general opinions about the OCG's meta, especially around Maxx C. Like, is it on the level Mystic Mine was where they bitch about it and complain every time a banlist doesn't hit it, or is it treated more like an Ash Blossom as 'yeah it's strong, but if you aren't playing around it then that's your problem'?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Cleretic posted:

I still wish I could hear the general opinions about the OCG's meta, especially around Maxx C. Like, is it on the level Mystic Mine was where they bitch about it and complain every time a banlist doesn't hit it, or is it treated more like an Ash Blossom as 'yeah it's strong, but if you aren't playing around it then that's your problem'?

Most meta reports have everyone running it at 3 in the OCG but they might not complain because there is a culture of trusting the developers intent for decisions.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Realistically it has to be a deck that:
- doesn't care about hand traps
- doesn't mind playing a card that is just Double Summon the turn you play it
- wants to play a longer game lasting at minimum 5 turns

It's possible such a deck is out there, but it's a niche card.

It could be good for Magical Musket, who could reasonably drop monster hand traps since their gimmick is turning all their archetypal spells and traps into hand traps anyway.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
https://ygorganization.com/4outof5goblinsapprove/

This is the coolest card in a long time.

This card is (Forgive me) flavorful

You show them the menu, as the Suship Chef but they can still order off menu if they know what's up

AND THEN if they pop it they have to pay the bill.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I have now compiled my Runick deck in Master Duel.

This is easily my favorite deck, it's so fun, holy poo poo. Also the specific build I went with introduced to me the hilarious combo of Rivalry of Warlords/Gozen Match with Lava Golem, which is hilarious and I'll never turn down getting to use my old friend Lava Golem.

EDIT: Actually, on reflection Lava Golem might be my favorite card. It's everything I love about Yu-GI-Oh: it's a weird, really old card that somehow continues to see use, that is also exactly a card that was used in the anime to cause a gimmick cliffhanger.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 5, 2023

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Duel Links had a 2nd pvp format now after 5 years. Right now it's Dueling Kingdom format with custom small card pool and banlist.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jan 5, 2023

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

this is the third or fourth time they've done it, with slightly different card pools & banlists each time to adjust for what was too good the last time. for some reason, this time you can play red-eyes fusion but i think the only target is vanilla black skull dragon

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well that's baffling unless they had them all during the brief periods I quit. Shoot.

Yeah I've been playing the Joey deck, 3200 is a pretty big monster.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New Selection Packs on the 9th after maintenance:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Whoever designed this Infernity FTK bot i've found on ranked ladder needs their jaw broken.

Their bot is also clearly messing with the duel clock as well cause there's no loving way their first turn didn't go over 5 minutes.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The clock doesn't count down during some actions.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dabir posted:

The clock doesn't count down during some actions.

I just timed their first turn using the replay system, and it was was over 6 minutes when using fast-forward. I refuse to believe Infernity can exploit the timer system THAT much.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I swear I had an hour long game once.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

TaurusOxford posted:

Whoever designed this Infernity FTK bot i've found on ranked ladder needs their jaw broken.

Their bot is also clearly messing with the duel clock as well cause there's no loving way their first turn didn't go over 5 minutes.

I think there are (were?) ways to hack the timer, I've definitely had games where my opponent took 10-15 minutes irl and didn't time out somehow

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

TaurusOxford posted:

I just timed their first turn using the replay system, and it was was over 6 minutes when using fast-forward. I refuse to believe Infernity can exploit the timer system THAT much.

The timer is paused during animations, so basically, you have to click and pause the timer whenever cards move on the screen.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Julias posted:

I think there are (were?) ways to hack the timer, I've definitely had games where my opponent took 10-15 minutes irl and didn't time out somehow

Same.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Is this thread only for physical or also for master duel?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

gay for gacha posted:

Is this thread only for physical or also for master duel?

Both

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It was made for Duel Links. Duel Links is still fun, its just expensive. It has an event every week though, plenty of different AIs to Duel against and earn gems, pvp, etc.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Charles Bukowski posted:

It was made for Duel Links. Duel Links is still fun, its just expensive. It has an event every week though, plenty of different AIs to Duel against and earn gems, pvp, etc.

The thread actually was made for all versions of Yu-Gi-Oh as the opening explains. It was made because we just got Link summoning in Master Duel (and VRAINS) to go with it.

So discuss what ever version of Yugioh you like. Really.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I play all forms of yugioh very badly.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I just started playing master duel in december. I'm playing branded dragon maids. I got to gold 2 last season and it was mostly fun but not amazing. I want to learn to play a pendulum magicians or a deck like Marincess, solfachord, or even runick. But I don't really understand how to go about building a deck that has nothing to do with my current deck efficiently. It seems like gems are really hard to obtain. Any tips?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

gay for gacha posted:

I just started playing master duel in december. I'm playing branded dragon maids. I got to gold 2 last season and it was mostly fun but not amazing. I want to learn to play a pendulum magicians or a deck like Marincess, solfachord, or even runick. But I don't really understand how to go about building a deck that has nothing to do with my current deck efficiently. It seems like gems are really hard to obtain. Any tips?

Make sure to do the daily quests and log in daily, you'll get about ~150 gems a day that way, as well as participating in the events and doi g the solo mode for more gems. Be sure to save your gems up until there's a selection pack you want to pull from (or a secret pack), and do a bunch of 10 pulls. Be sure to break down a bunch of SRs and URs you aren't ever going to use to craft the cards you will need. It's generally advised to craft staples like hand traps and generic extra deck monsters first since those can be transfered from deck to deck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hizke posted:

I play all forms of yugioh very badly.

You can be good at yugioh?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Julias posted:

Make sure to do the daily quests and log in daily, you'll get about ~150 gems a day that way, as well as participating in the events and doi g the solo mode for more gems. Be sure to save your gems up until there's a selection pack you want to pull from (or a secret pack), and do a bunch of 10 pulls. Be sure to break down a bunch of SRs and URs you aren't ever going to use to craft the cards you will need. It's generally advised to craft staples like hand traps and generic extra deck monsters first since those can be transfered from deck to deck.

How do you know you won't use a UR?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

gay for gacha posted:

If it's for an archetype you don't think you'll want to play ever, break it down.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

gay for gacha posted:

If it's not one of those aforementioned staple handtraps, generic extra deck monsters, or playmakers for the archetypes you want to use/think you want to use. Then you can safely dust them.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'd suggest looking it up on a website like masterduelmeta to see if anyone plays it. If no-one's playing it or you aren't interested in the decks playing it it's a safe dust.

And yeah I'd say the key is identifying the best pack for you to open and saving up until you have enough to hammer that pack and complete most of the deck. You can then craft any leftovers. Also note that very widely played cards (eg handtraps like Ash Blossom, staple extra deck monsters like Accesscode Talker) tend to be better longterm investments since you'll likely use them in other decks.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Three years of the Abyss storyline.

Three years of watching Albaz and his buddies get their asses kicked all over the place.

Three years of waiting for the heroes to get a big win.

https://ygorganization.com/butmaybeweredying/

NOPE gently caress YOU THE BAD GUYS WIN.

I am in awe of the sheer audacity here.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Vandar posted:

Three years of the Abyss storyline.

Three years of watching Albaz and his buddies get their asses kicked all over the place.

Three years of waiting for the heroes to get a big win.

https://ygorganization.com/butmaybeweredying/

NOPE gently caress YOU THE BAD GUYS WIN.

I am in awe of the sheer audacity here.

Where are you getting this read? Because at most this is just explaining where Aloober is during the whole Zoa into synchro zoa vs. True albaz/ecclesia fusion and then we cut to a new guy that seems to be controlling the sprights.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Oh, Bystial is also an archetype in this whole pile, huh? I didn't know.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Oh, Bystial is also an archetype in this whole pile, huh? I didn't know.

Yeah they're guys from abyss (Their ocg name is Byssted) under the bloober's command.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Are these supposed to be the last cards? Or are people extrapolating based on the implication that Aluber fused with Albaz. I doubt it's the end since they give us a random Icejade card that isn't corrupted or whatever.

It's interesting how with every new card Icejade completely changes how it plays (battle, control, lvl 10 synchro turbo). I like how the new card mirrors Longyuan. The equip effect is really clunky, but it's an attempt at something different.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Iserlohn posted:

Are these supposed to be the last cards? Or are people extrapolating based on the implication that Aluber fused with Albaz. I doubt it's the end since they give us a random Icejade card that isn't corrupted or whatever.

It's interesting how with every new card Icejade completely changes how it plays (battle, control, lvl 10 synchro turbo). I like how the new card mirrors Longyuan. The equip effect is really clunky, but it's an attempt at something different.

Major Yugioh storylines tend to run for twelve sets / a full booster series, and this is the final set in this series. There's also no more room for lore cards in the setlist.

The going theory is that they're going to do a timeskip and do a part two, similar to the gaps between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 or Terminal 2 and Terminal 3.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I mean it could just be going on for longer, especially since it's not beholden to the anime....

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Broke: The anime is boring because the good guys always win.

Woke: The card game plot is unacceptable because the bad guys might win

C'mon, my dude, it's pretty obviously signposted that this whole thing is going to be a tragedy of some description. Even if the good guys do win in the end, it's gonna be Pyrrhic as hell.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Quem

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Quem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

Broke: The anime is boring because the good guys always win.

Woke: The card game plot is unacceptable because the bad guys might win

Who's saying either of these