Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Chev posted:

Forgive the impromptu catpost but after 18 years of loyal fluffiness my cat's now chasing balls of yarn in Valhalla. I am sure he'd have had many interesting things to meow about 2023 releases.

I'm sorry, losing a precious floofer is never easy :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Chev posted:

Forgive the impromptu catpost but after 18 years of loyal fluffiness my cat's now chasing balls of yarn in Valhalla. I am sure he'd have had many interesting things to meow about 2023 releases.

my friend, that's one hell of a cat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
a very good cat, goondolences

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

A bold move to be sure but it doesn't compare to Looper putting Sonic 2006 on his GOTY list last year.

i was pretty busy this weekend so I'm only now reading the goty countdown but gotta take a break to say, 1 that wasn't me that was andrast. i put sonic mania. 2 I'd appreciate it if you call me they

dumbass

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
dumbass re: point 1 specifically, not point 2. sorry for any confusion

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Putting Sonic 06 as your GOTY in 2021 owns btw

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Chev posted:

❤️

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Thank you all for the kind condolence messsages. Yes, his passing was as peaceful as one could desire and in all the time we were able to spend with him in his old days we made sure he knew he was even more loved than he was fluffy.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

a good cat 💜

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Chev posted:

That's a good-rear end cat

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I love cats a lot. Thinking about them makes me want to cry.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Chev posted:

drat, sorry for your loss. That was a beautiful kitty.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

bone emulator posted:

Putting Sonic 06 as your GOTY in 2021 owns btw

It really does (it was for how breakable it is as a speedrunning game, iirc)

Chev posted:

I'm sorry, your cat was gorgeous :smith:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
fantastic goty thread as always, thank you rarity and videogames!! sad to have missed the festivities

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Last Remnant:

We went to rescue our allies in Calepaleis from the Conqueror's forces but the whole thing turned out to be a diversionary tactic and while we were gone the Conqueror came to Athlum and murdered Emma who was like the only good character in this whole drat game :negative:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Chev posted:

Sorry for your loss. He was one majestic cat!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Gorgeous cat!

So I realise I am a bit late to the party but Breath of the Wild is quite good isn't it, I'm having a nice time

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

HopperUK posted:

Gorgeous cat!

So I realise I am a bit late to the party but Breath of the Wild is quite good isn't it, I'm having a nice time

Really nothing like exploring in the moonlight and getting headbutted by a goat off a cliff op

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Breath of the Wild is the game that has most strongly given me the sense that I'm discovering something ancient that has lain hidden for eons (by which I mean successfully distracting me from the fact that it was put there by a map designer a few months ago)

Elden Ring is a close second

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i started up elden ring finally but it seems to prominently feature the worst type of video game compass and there's no way to remove it without turning the whole hud off, so unfortunately i have to say the game is fail

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Theres a compass?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Many are calling it "Smellden ring".

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

haveblue posted:

Breath of the Wild is the game that has most strongly given me the sense that I'm discovering something ancient that has lain hidden for eons (by which I mean successfully distracting me from the fact that it was put there by a map designer a few months ago)

Elden Ring is a close second

I had a good preview of that by finding a good bow half an hour in just by exploring (then I realized it had limited durability).

The game also made me feel like a dummy because I couldn’t figure out why I kept dying in a thunderstorm (it doesn’t really make sense that unequipping your sword works, since I mean you’re still carrying it, right?).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wuggles posted:

Walla you can read your friend and mine ShallNoiseUpon's writeup of Magic Arena in the goty thread. It is perfectly possible to have fun playing that game without spending money

Hey, I might check that out! Though the last time I looked at Magic was around 2003 or so. ;) Plus Marvel Snap is going well for me so I don't know why I'm looking at more deck builders anyway.

Evil Kit posted:

Empathetic condolences fellow goon. My cat is currently 19 and going strong thankfully, but I'm still having to lightly prepare myself that I could lose her anytime in the next year or two.

My childhood cat lived to be 20. She was so thin the last several years we were amazed she lasted that long. It's never easy.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Cats and dogs are the best people.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sakurazuka posted:

Theres a compass?

Mind blown

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Chev posted:

Also condolences. Losing a pet is hard, especially one you've had for a long time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Egypt figured out that cats own millennia ago

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The quest markers don’t show up on the compas!!

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Thank you all again for all the nice messages, I really appreciate the kindness.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Cats and dogs are the best people.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Where does catdog fit in all this?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Gaius Marius posted:

Alone in the world. :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/CommonTransWs/status/1612523523733348355

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Gaius Marius posted:

They fit nicely in the trash

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kerrzhe posted:

rest in peace precious kitty :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They didn't "turn off" the reviews, the reviews are disabled because the game isn't out yet. Like for every game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
but the tags duke, the tags!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shinjobi posted:

but the tags duke, the tags!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust