Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't played a single game yet this year, feels good man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Uhh you can't post here.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm gaming right now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*austin powers voice* shall we game now or shall we game later

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gaius Marius posted:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I chucked vampire survivors in the trash and started playing Teenage Exocolonist. Interesting so far! Hope it stays good. Time for some d&d later this evening with friends (over discord).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I started playing Legends of Runeterra because it was on the frontpage of Gamepass

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I started playing Legends of Runeterra because it was on the frontpage of Gamepass

welcome to the magical world of runeterra, summoner...

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

:chloe:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Vermain posted:

welcome to the magical world of runeterra, summoner...

I got 10 Jinx shards

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've already finished up 3 games :stare:

The year will get busy so I'm gonna end up slowing down but man it's great to just play through a bunch of fun video games. Did you guys know that Titanfall 2 is a fun game? Somebody should have said so earlier!

https://i.imgur.com/y7KynY5.mp4

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My first game finished this year is The Revenge of Shinobi on Genesis. First time actually beating it, those later levels are a pain in the butt

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Best FPS ever made.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Walla posted:

My childhood cat lived to be 20. She was so thin the last several years we were amazed she lasted that long. It's never easy.

She is thankfully quite healthy overall if a bit loud at times when she wants something.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
does xbox gamespass just refuse to recognize the ps5 controller? guess i just havent tried any controller-games on gamespass yet but decided to try hitman for the first time and it's just not recognizing my controller is on and connected, even when plugged in. not gonna go dig up my driftnig rear end xbox controller so gonna have to do some pc tricks instead. bloc kthat fuckin merger bc these dipshits cant even improve when steam beats their rear end on their own operating system, that steam doesnt even want to be on.

pretty sad an unofficial ocarina of time pc port manages to support a dualsense with no problem first launch but im over here telling windows to chill out and install a file from github to play a drat xbox game on the xbox app on pc with my pc controller

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 10, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Cool art is cool, and you know what imma get off my rear end and and frame one of my posters today and hang that bad boy up

Artist is Chun Lo - https://www.instagram.com/belgeist

Bummed he didn't do one for Miles Morales.

Where's a new trailer for Spider-man 2, Insomniac? :argh:

Chev posted:

Forgive the impromptu catpost but after 18 years of loyal fluffiness my cat's now chasing balls of yarn in Valhalla. I am sure he'd have had many interesting things to meow about 2023 releases.

Sorry about your cat mate, he was a very pretty ball o' fluff :unsmith:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Khanstant posted:

does xbox gamespass just refuse to recognize the ps5 controller? guess i just havent tried any controller-games on gamespass yet but decided to try hitman for the first time and it's just not recognizing my controller is on and connected, even when plugged in. not gonna go dig up my driftnig rear end xbox controller so gonna have to do some pc tricks instead. bloc kthat fuckin merger bc these dipshits cant even improve when steam beats their rear end on their own operating system, that steam doesnt even want to be on.

pretty sad an unofficial ocarina of time pc port manages to support a dualsense with no problem first launch but im over here telling windows to chill out and install a file from github to play a drat xbox game on the xbox app on pc with my pc controller

I haven't tried the DualSense on it but it has some issues with the DualShock4 on some games lol, with Psychonauts 2 I had to download some thing that used Notepad as a non-Steam game on Steam to load in controller configurations or some poo poo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I’m gonna game later

Following up on this post:
gaming was successful. I had lots of level ups

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Best FPS ever made.

I really wish we could have had more than one level with the time-skipping ability to traverse past obstacles/flank enemies etc, it reminded me of that wonderful similar level in Dishonored 2.

Infinitum posted:

Where's a new trailer for Spider-man 2, Insomniac? :argh:

I'll be finishing up my New Game+ of Miles Morales a little later today, so I'm sure they'll time the announcement of a multi-year delay for right when I'm most pumped up for the sequel!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Following up on this post:
gaming was successful. I had lots of level ups

I can't keep up with these new fangled euphemisms

Jerusalem posted:

I'll be finishing up my New Game+ of Miles Morales a little later today, so I'm sure they'll time the announcement of a multi-year delay for right when I'm most pumped up for the sequel!

Loved Miles Morales, but it def felt like half a game.

Hoping game length for Spider-man 2 will make up for it, especially with Kraven and Venom looking to take centre stage.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

especially with Kraven and Venom looking to take centre stage.

I didn't actually know that and oh man that sounds great.

Miles Morales definitely felt a lot smaller, but I did like how they appeared to have worked out how to pace out the content a little better to deal with people like me who immediately run away from the new main story mission to do EVERYTHING there is possible to do first.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I really wish we could have had more than one level with the time-skipping ability to traverse past obstacles/flank enemies etc, it reminded me of that wonderful similar level in Dishonored 2.

I'd take a few more of the robot throws you from airship to airship level. :allears:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This is a cool poster my dude.

Semi related rant: It kinda works in this instance cause its like a comic book thing but one thing that bugs me about nerd stuff is that they always have to be stamped with brand logos. My brother plays Yugioh and he's got these tins to hold his cards in that are gold with hieroglyphics all over them like a cool little Egyptian artifact and they are fuckign sick but they have a giant YUGIOH TRADING CARD GAME emblem on them which ruins it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't actually know that and oh man that sounds great.

If you haven't seen it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIQ3xNqkVC4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hadn't, that looks great!

Hang on... it's not going to be console exclusive is it? I just assumed that they would put it out on Steam at the same time :ohdear:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Having a lot of fun with Midnight Suns, especially playing dress-up, however minor the customization may be.

Jerusalem posted:

Hang on... it's not going to be console exclusive is it? I just assumed that they would put it out on Steam at the same time :ohdear:

No way Sony releases Spidey 2 on the PC any earlier than a year after its PS5 launch

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Finished my first game this year, BAD END THEATER. It would have definitely been on my GOTY list if I played it last year

imagine a CYOA VN where you control every character, which each have separate PoVs and choices for the same story and every decision you make for each affects all the other characters and the choices available to them. there are 4 different interconnected flowcharts.

it owns

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, I've played 428 Shibuya Scramble.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
bad end theater is really neat. each character has a color associated with them and the way dramatic scenes will blend them when multiple characters are involved can get quite striking for a game with such a simple art style

Looper fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 10, 2023

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I've played 428 Shibuya Scramble.

this also owns, but finding choices to get all the right outcomes to progress can be a a real pain sometimes. It could really use branching flowcharts

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Finished my first game this year, I’m In Love With Your Dead Grandmother. It’s basically a semi-interactive DVD and it’s kind of terrible and I spent about 30 minutes straight laughing. Well worth the five bucks.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dewgy posted:

Finished my first game this year, I’m In Love With Your Dead Grandmother. It’s basically a semi-interactive DVD and it’s kind of terrible and I spent about 30 minutes straight laughing. Well worth the five bucks.

i wonder when we'll hit the nostalgia point for DVDs like we did with VHS

just get a whole bunch of low rent youtube horror where people discover secret options in an interactive DVD menu and enter a spiral of disc skipping terror

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope One Piece Odyssey is good.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I love the storyline where your character is being tormented by Japanese Columbo in Shibuya Scramble.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pwnstar posted:

This is a cool poster my dude.

Semi related rant: It kinda works in this instance cause its like a comic book thing but one thing that bugs me about nerd stuff is that they always have to be stamped with brand logos. My brother plays Yugioh and he's got these tins to hold his cards in that are gold with hieroglyphics all over them like a cool little Egyptian artifact and they are fuckign sick but they have a giant YUGIOH TRADING CARD GAME emblem on them which ruins it.

The amount of Teefury shirts I would have got back in the day if not for this honestly. Like a nice subtle reference and then NAME OF THING in giant letters

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I really enjoyed my weekend with Vampire Survivors but I think I'm gonna have to hang it up soon because it is literally hurting my eyes to play.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waltzing Along posted:

I hope One Piece Odyssey is good.

Oh yeah the demo is out today

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

I really enjoyed my weekend with Vampire Survivors but I think I'm gonna have to hang it up soon because it is literally hurting my eyes to play.

I've done the thing already where you power yourself up to the point where you can just stand on the spot until the timer runs out. Is there anything else to do in the game after that?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Unlock more characters to get more items to find more stages to unlock more randomizers to do it all over except 500% faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I decline.