Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It's also somewhat odd that, like I said earlier, the only main cast member who survived all of this premise reboots and cast shufflings was Von Flores, and while he was a fantastic part of the show all the way through, you wouldn't expect "the aliens' top human lackey" to be a role with that sort of longevity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

to be fair, it's Star Trek canon that the EU turns into the world government

Source: TNG scene I watched like 3 minutes ago

Which episode?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Which episode?

218 "Up the Long Ladder"

The Enterprise rescues a pastoral colony and drops them off at a high-tech colony in order to teach them how to have sex again.

Also featuring Riker aborting his clone son with a phaser and the farm people setting off the fire suppression system trying to cook stew

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

218 "Up the Long Ladder"

The Enterprise rescues a pastoral colony and drops them off at a high-tech colony in order to teach them how to have sex again.

Also featuring Riker aborting his clone son with a phaser and the farm people setting off the fire suppression system trying to cook stew

And worf giving the drunken Irishman chech'tluth

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

218 "Up the Long Ladder"

"Picard teaches the Irish how to have sex and Riker kills himself."

TNG, ladies and gentlemen.

A Very Sexy Baby
Sep 25, 2007

I can't help it if men are attracted to me.
The Irish were down to clown, it was the nerd colony that had forgotten how.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I m sorry if someone else posted this

sounds about right

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Ups_rail posted:

sounds about right

lol

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

218 "Up the Long Ladder"

Riker hooked up with that Irishman's daughter before killing his clone. You think Starfleet recruiters mention stuff like that to high schoolers?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Irish woman: Haven't you ever seen a woman before?

Riker: I have, now

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Irish woman: Haven't you ever seen a woman before?

Riker: I have, now

Such a good line. That suave motherfucker.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I recently watched that one too and it's "I thought I had," which is even better and an insanely good line.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Data detected an anomaly coming from the crew quarters, registering as "impossibly smooth."

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Actual Satan posted:

Data detected an anomaly coming from the crew quarters, registering as "impossibly smooth."

It's Cetacean ops, not Selachimorphean ops. :colbert:

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's Cetacean ops, not Selachimorphean ops. :colbert:

The star trek part of my brain got a chuckle while watching avatar 2, seeing all the whaling ships plastered with "cetacean ops"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

so im watching an old MST3k, overdrawn at the memory bank, and im thinking to myself, this guy looks like julian from ds9, is this that guys dad or something? as it would turn out it is not the julian bashir actor's dad but instead celebrated star of sound and stage, raul julia.

and now that got me thinking, is julian called julian because he looks like a raul julia alien - or, if you will - a julian?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

That DICK! posted:

so im watching an old MST3k, overdrawn at the memory bank, and im thinking to myself, this guy looks like julian from ds9, is this that guys dad or something? as it would turn out it is not the julian bashir actor's dad but instead celebrated star of sound and stage, raul julia.

and now that got me thinking, is julian called julian because he looks like a raul julia alien - or, if you will - a julian?

BOOOOOOOOO ( affectionate )

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Raw Julian

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Morn, my nuts?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Watch out for snakes! (Cardassians)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ups_rail posted:

sounds about right
To be fair, they did call her the Dancing Doctor and she shut that down. Sounds like it's her own fault.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Knormal posted:

To be fair, they did call her the Dancing Doctor and she shut that down. Sounds like it's her own fault.

now i m imagining some new crew member confusing her loving her grandma's ghost, with jordi finding his moms ghost on some station via a prob.

late TNG shows they were running out of story ideas

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Beverly: It wasn't the ghost of my grandmother! It was a ghost my grandmother used to own! Please let's be clear with phrasing!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Beverly: It wasn't the ghost of my grandmother! It was a ghost my grandmother used to own! Please let's be clear with phrasing!
"The ghost that hosed my grandmother!" surely?

I wonder how MacFadden reacted to getting the script?

"Gates, great news! We're doing a Beverly episode!"
"Really? Thank you, it's been a long time." :haw:
"Here's the script."
"I... gently caress a ghost?" :stare:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

That DICK! posted:

[Changeling Bashir stepping into The Great Link] "I AM INTERFAAAAAAACED!"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That DICK! posted:

For you, it was one of the worst movies ever made. For him, it was a Tuesday.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

That DICK! posted:

You should get your Raul Julia facts straight, as I wouldn't want to bungle or bobble the Fingal dopple.

This legendary episode of MST is probably the single piece of media that I've most watched just the first half an hour of before getting utterly bored and unable to complete the rest.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Payndz posted:

"The ghost that hosed my grandmother!" surely?

I wonder how MacFadden reacted to getting the script?

"Gates, great news! We're doing a Beverly episode!"
"Really? Thank you, it's been a long time." :haw:
"Here's the script."
"I... gently caress a ghost?" :stare:

MacFadden doesn't sound too thrilled about it: At an Austin, Texas convention in 2012, Gates McFadden stated she wasn't very fond of this episode. "I was basically in love with a lamp! This woman is a doctor and falls in love with a lamp! How the hell does that work?"

But it seems there were lots of fans of gothic erotic fiction on the crew who were really pumped about it:
"René Echevarria recalled, "I can still reduce Brannon to shudders when I go into his office and say, 'I can travel on the power transfer beam'. But the cast loved it. Every woman on the lot who read it was coming up to Brannon and patting him. Ultimately I think it was worth doing because it was campy fun and the production values were wonderful. The sets look great and everybody threw themselves into it. Gates did a wonderful job. It just got bigger and broader and to the point of grandmother leaping out of the grave. Just having Beverly basically writhing around having an orgasm at 6 o'clock on family TV was great. For that alone it was worth doing. We got away with murder."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Strom Cuzewon posted:

MacFadden doesn't sound too thrilled about it: At an Austin, Texas convention in 2012, Gates McFadden stated she wasn't very fond of this episode. "I was basically in love with a lamp! This woman is a doctor and falls in love with a lamp! How the hell does that work?"

"Beverly, do you actually love the lamp or are you just naming objects around the sick bay?"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

That DICK! posted:

"For you, the day you consummated your relationship with Garak was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Angry_Ed posted:

"Beverly, do you actually love the lamp or are you just naming objects around the sick bay?"

"Bev where'd you get that hand grenade?"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gates now seems to be able to make fun of the episode on social media at least

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bev love lamp

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i still wanna know whether the ghost woulda hosed wesley.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

i still wanna know whether the ghost woulda hosed wesley.

So i really wish in picard we got wesley confronting picard about how the traveler groomed him.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ups_rail posted:

So i really wish in picard we got wesley confronting picard about how the traveler groomed him.

fuckin christ dude why are you like this

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 12, 2023

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

"Bev where'd you get that hand grenade?"

"Yeah I shot a hole through a guy's chest"
"I saw that, Bev killed a guy!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Beverly Crusher fucks ghosts in her spare time and knows an infinite number of ways to kill you extremely painfully because she's a doctor. She is the coolest woman in Starfleet.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Watching enterprise for the first time and up to s3, it ain't good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Snow Cone Capone posted:

fuckin christ dude why are you like this

I guess I just miss my youth being 11 watching TNG with my friends. collecting the imprint tng cards remember the ones in the blue packaging? they came with 4 random hologram cards....mine got stolen.

nine-gear crow posted:

Beverly Crusher fucks ghosts in her spare time and knows an infinite number of ways to kill you extremely painfully because she's a doctor. She is the coolest woman in Starfleet.

Remember she briefly left the enterprise, maybe she was doing section 31 poo poo.