Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Someone please make this avatar sized tia

e: Best snipe ever

Koth posted:

I really wish Paul Maurice was a better coach because he's a pretty nice guy.

Is he? Then why has the locker room in every team he's ever coached been horrifically toxic by the time he left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is he? Then why has the locker room in every team he's ever coached been horrifically toxic by the time he left?

Maybe because there weren't any grown ups in the room.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/CJTDevil/status/1612521104962117637

Can they just pay Jesper Bratt already?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/sammisilber/status/1612256186342203393

"I'm a notorious cheap-shot artist in the NHL but hey, could you give me a game to get back on my feet before I throw hands?"

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/sammisilber/status/1612256186342203393

"I'm a notorious cheap-shot artist in the NHL but hey, could you give me a game to get back on my feet before I throw hands?"

Tom Wilson doesnt have hands, just a second set of elbows.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I think it's funny that Tom Wilson tore his ACL specifically because he decided against running a Florida player.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

I think it's funny that Tom Wilson tore his ACL specifically because he decided against running a Florida player.

He didnt decide against running a Florida player, he just tried to change victims too fast.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Mind_Taker posted:

I think it's funny that Tom Wilson tore his ACL

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Koth posted:

I really wish Paul Maurice was a better coach because he's a pretty nice guy.

Didn't he kill a guy while DUI

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Didn't he kill a guy while DUI

Uhh, not that I know of. Maybe you're thinking of Craig MacTavish.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

eXXon posted:

Uhh, not that I know of. Maybe you're thinking of Craig MacTavish.

Oh yeah, that was him

My bad Paul

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

If you think you’re mad at Maurice now just wait until year 7 of his tenure

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Gerblederp posted:

If you think you’re mad at Maurice now just wait until year 7 of his tenure

Its a good thing pungry has like 20 other teams to fall back on because 7 years of Maurice would age him like that dude from Indiana Jones.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1612517370936934400?s=20
if you aint cheating you aint trying i suppose

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

He did that in Pittsburgh too IIRC, I don't remember the details but I'm pretty sure other coaches complained to the league office about it years ago. But it never went anywhere because everyone does it, Murray is just a touch more brazen about it

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

One of the Stars two Finnish goalies loved messing with the net so that it came off easier too (Niemi?).

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I feel like the net always used to come off when Ilya Samsonov played in Washington. I never saw him mess with it but it makes sense that he would be doing the same thing as Murray.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Every so often, I go down a KHL scoring stats rabbit hole and there aren't as many interesting names as usual, though I noticed one name I'd typically see missing and found that Nigel Dawes finally bailed out for the DEL, though he's also:

quote:

the fifth leading scorer in KHL history

He was mostly a bottom six guy here but ripped it up in Russia and was 20 points behind Alexander Radulov for fourth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Dawes#Regular_season_and_playoffs

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Every so often, I go down a KHL scoring stats rabbit hole and there aren't as many interesting names as usual, though I noticed one name I'd typically see missing and found that Nigel Dawes finally bailed out for the DEL, though he's also:

He was mostly a bottom six guy here but ripped it up in Russia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Dawes#Regular_season_and_playoffs

The pride of Kazakhstan

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Eeli Tolvanen has 5 points in 5 games with the Kraken. His +/- is 5 as well. Why did Nashville not play him and cut him loose?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

DancingMachine posted:

Eeli Tolvanen has 5 points in 5 games with the Kraken. His +/- is 5 as well. Why did Nashville not play him and cut him loose?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

DancingMachine posted:

Because Eeli didn't shoot 30% in Nashville and the Preds didn't shoot 18% when he was on the ice. Also somewhat poor management.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should have tried to imo

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/mikehalford604/status/1612624873460994050?s=46&t=BXgk12xTt0tRcR3wMvx0lw

Looking at the job he’s done so far in Vancouver, I would agree with him. Stop hiring Jim’s to be your GM

e: a couple good gm quotes today actually:

https://twitter.com/RStanleyNHL/status/1612815944304173061?s=20&t=Xoq7fBpeRyEIahZrBGn-NQ

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
JR sucked after the two cups but two cups is two cups so I would have been okay with him making GBS threads on the conclusion of Crosby and Malkin's careers if he'd wanted to stay.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

JR sucked after the two cups but two cups is two cups so I would have been okay with him making GBS threads on the conclusion of Crosby and Malkin's careers if he'd wanted to stay.

Not just two cups, but back-to-back cups cementing them as franchise legends and echoing Lemieux
it was beautiful

and then he traded away Kessel

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Not just two cups, but back-to-back cups cementing them as franchise legends and echoing Lemieux
it was beautiful

and then he traded away Kessel

back-to-back cups isn't even a big deal, everyone is doing it*

*except everyone else, lmao

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Wonderllama posted:

back-to-back cups isn't even a big deal, everyone is doing it*

*except everyone else, lmao

yeah imagine not doing b2b cups in the cap era. prolly feels bad

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
idk one cup was nice

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I just got back from a vacation and it turns out that despite McDavid looking to score 150 points the Oilers are Still Butt?

Someone please explain this

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Oilers ownership and management are comically incompetent OP, hope that helps

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Albino Squirrel posted:

I just got back from a vacation and it turns out that despite McDavid looking to score 150 points the Oilers are Still Butt?

Vancouver stink is beginning to overflow provincial boundaries and is starting to choke Edmonton and Calgary now too.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Better wait until the trade deadline to improve the team though, because that’s the only time you’re allowed to

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Also their big game changer piece of poo poo from last year has been injured since early November. As of reports today he could be back in about 10 days so we'll see if that changes their fortunes some.

That said... Seattle returned to getting good enough goaltending and shooting 2%+ league average, Calgary is loser pointing their way forward, LA has a fairly healthy lead despite more games played, and don't look now, but Nashville and Colorado are breathing down Edmonton's necks with 3 and 4 games in hand. It's going to take a huge effort and some major collapses for Edmonton to make the playoffs right now.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Chad Sexington posted:

idk one cup was nice

:same:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Vancouver stink is beginning to overflow provincial boundaries and is starting to choke Edmonton and Calgary now too.

That's like Kinder eggs, you can't take them through the border.

Granted, Seattle has their own mediocrity to deal with.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Albino Squirrel posted:

Woodcroft got them to play some semblance of team defense for a half season before everyone tuned him out.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Oilers ownership and management are comically incompetent OP, hope that helps

Just contract the team, goddamn they're an embarrassment to the league.

Other teams suck but they manage to do so without 17 first overalls.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/GinoHard_/status/1612583979000946691

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Also their big game changer piece of poo poo from last year has been injured since early November. As of reports today he could be back in about 10 days so we'll see if that changes their fortunes some.

That said... Seattle returned to getting good enough goaltending and shooting 2%+ league average, Calgary is loser pointing their way forward, LA has a fairly healthy lead despite more games played, and don't look now, but Nashville and Colorado are breathing down Edmonton's necks with 3 and 4 games in hand. It's going to take a huge effort and some major collapses for Edmonton to make the playoffs right now.

And Colorado's 4 games in hand are against the Panthers, Blackhawks, Sens, and Red Wings, very good chance of getting some wins there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Does he keep the sadness socks in a sadness shoe box in his sadness cube in the sadness city he lives in?