Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Seth McClung

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Paracaidas posted:

I'd rank it Vegas, Nashville, Portland in likelihood but only because they're being cowards about Mexico :colbert:

Poor Montreal had their team stolen by the perfidious Bud Selig and will never see it returned.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

If they want to be prophetic, Spencer Strider. Dude is the next DeGrom.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

lol pump the brakes there buddy, deGrom has 4 pitches, Strider has 2

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

On the other hand, he is likely to spend a similar amount of time injured, so...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Carlos Correa

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/kaitlyncmcgrath/status/1612629307930841088

I like this!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

IcePhoenix posted:

Carlos Correa

It might confuse customers about the team license if the cover guy is wearing a blank uniform.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Didn’t that happen with Harper in ‘19? I think they started promoting it before he signed and the ads initially had him in a blank gray uniform.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why does MLB need to expend? If anything they should contract a few teams.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

A Swing At a Belt

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Start with teams that don't spend to their means like the Pirates and Yankees

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Start with teams that don't spend to their means like the Pirates and Yankees

Pirates have a fun ballpark that is within driving distance from me. They can stay. There is no coherent argument for the A's or the Rays to exist.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

https://twitter.com/kaitlyncmcgrath/status/1612629817383616513

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I understand why platooning LaMonte Wade, Wilmer Flores and JD Davis at 1st makes more sense, but also, this sucks

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
if the pirates were contracted i would unleash Years of Lead in every remaining MLB city

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

mcmagic posted:

They tried that 20 years ago, apparently Carl Pohlad was all but ready to take a giant check from MLB, and without the Target Field deal getting done he would have and the Twins would have disappeared alongside the Expos.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

:lol: Correa in talks with the Twins.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1612655747577380864

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Pirates have a fun ballpark that is within driving distance from me. They can stay. There is no coherent argument for the A's or the Rays to exist.
There was a time when the A's dominated that media market. That franchise's problems are 100% owner-inflicted. Considering the stadium situation in Tampa, the same could probably be said for the Rays.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The A's used to have the largest payroll and were just steamrolling teams. The Rickey Henderson years were wild.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

imagine how cool it would be if rickey owned the A's.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

imagine how cool it would be if rickey owned the A's.

He'd steal everything

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
every problem for the A's is due to John Fisher, a horrible monster who should be forced to sell the team. lmao at contracting them though mcmagic still furious about the Montas trade

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
we should definitely contract a 120 year old team because they have bad ownership currently

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Move the As back to Philadelphia

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The A's have moved twice, what difference does a third time make?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

:siren: Giants have made a signing :siren:

It's reliever Luke Jackson. 2 years $11.5 million, club option in 2025.

He missed all of 2022 with Tommy John. Used to have the greasiest, rattiest hair in MLB.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

:siren: Giants have made a signing :siren:

It's reliever Luke Jackson. 2 years $11.5 million, club option in 2025.

He missed all of 2022 with Tommy John. Used to have the greasiest, rattiest hair in MLB.

i guess this was inevitable but still feel a little pang for his weird gamer rear end going off to another team

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I would laugh a lot. Like a lot a lot. Because if his ankle does not, in fact, fall out, and he produces at Correa levels, it would be hilarious.

That said, the Twins are already playing the "if everyone is healthy" lotto again this year. So it might still be hilarious, but in that other, not actually funny way.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Correa giving the Twins a fully healthy decade (minus freak stuff like getting hit by a pitch of whatever that you have to make room for in projections) would make me extremely happy and would be a hilarious dunk on the Mets and Giants

Also somewhere in the back of Dodgers fans heads if he signs with the Twins they'll want him to humiliate the Giants for passing on him and will want him to do well :getin:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
So where does Correa end up after he fails the Twins’ physical

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's like all those memes with Jonah Hill pitching Correa to Brad Pitt Beane but really though.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
If a team were somehow able to pull off a trade for Ohtani before the season starts, would the haul be more or less than the Soto deal? I would figure less cuz it’s just one year but it would probably still be pretty substantial.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So where does Correa end up after he fails the Twins’ physical

I'd say "No one fails a Twins physical" but they also fired their trainer this offseason, so who knows what's going on in the clubhouse now.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Where can I see MLB parks overlaid on other parks these days? Or can someone overlay Rogers Centre on Oracle?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

If a team were somehow able to pull off a trade for Ohtani before the season starts, would the haul be more or less than the Soto deal? I would figure less cuz it’s just one year but it would probably still be pretty substantial.

It's absolutely less

Ohtani is also four years older

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

The Pussy Boss posted:

Where can I see MLB parks overlaid on other parks these days? Or can someone overlay Rogers Centre on Oracle?

Is this what you're looking for? It doesn't overlay parks but you can easily switch between the two on the left drop down.

Baseball Savant Illustrator

Popete fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 10, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Well if you want to put a sunny outlook on it, Belt wasn't negative WAR last season

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
He’s also one year removed from a 157 wRC+ season and while I don’t expect him to be either of those extremes somewhere in the middle is probably fine for that deal? He’ll play some DH, do some pinch hitting and play first when vladdy is DH. Seems like it’s worth a shot to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'd have been a lot more optimistic about Teoscar bouncing back than 35 year old Belt.