Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Lol at the trash cities on that list. May as well put Dallas if you're gonna put Dubai. Rome is a shithole lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

rome not even the nicest city in lazio

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

evilmiera posted:

Having visited London, this is categorically true.

Like there's no reason you'd want to live there. The food is better elsewhere, the buildings are mostly old and haven't been renovated, there are no attractions to visit that aren't easily outshone by stuff you'd see in other cities on the list, and you have to deal with being in close proximity to the top Tory members.

Everything made more sense to me once it was revealed that the City of London is a separate entity from the city we know as London. The City is the one part they care about and everything else can rot, and with Brexit there became even less of a reason to be centered there.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I should watch Ring of Power again (the old conspiracy doc, not the dumb new show)

https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1612528591270719489

Can't even say what I want to happen to these guys, while innocent would-be objectors are used as cannon fodder

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mlmp08 posted:

Speaking of royal-watchers, apparently Canada has formally announced that they are buying F-35s. Expensive, but looks like they were tired of the will they won’t they dance of the last several years.

https://twitter.com/anitaanandmp/status/1612477001792688130?s=46&t=MjwABMXkCc_FF7OSHeXc-w

quote:

Compare news coverage. Spot media bias. Avoid algorithms. Be well informed. Download the free Ground News app at https://ground.news/lazerpig

==

In the first 10 years of operation. the F-16 was costing the American Taxpayer around 18 million per airframe. 143 had been destroyed, and 71 of its pilots were dead.

The A-10, 17.2 million per airframe, 59 had been destroyed and 26 had died through miss-identified friendly fire incidents.

The F-35, at 50 million per airframe has now been flying for 15 years, and is one of the most controversial planes in existence. Critics constantly cite it's spiraling costs.
And yet, in 15 years of flying the F-35 has lost 4 airframes, and killed one pilot, making it one of the safest planes flying today.

But if so why is the plane so controversial?
In this video we briefly examine the Woozle effect, the effect by which the media, and those that cite the media, simply quote each other as a source without ever truly fact checking if what they publish is genuine or not, and have, for years, been unintentionally broadcasting Russian propaganda as factual claims about Americas new fighter jet.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Futanari Damacy posted:

I should watch Ring of Power again (the old conspiracy doc, not the dumb new show)

watch both of them overlaid on each other and report back

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The Beatles should have made their lovely Lord of the Rings movie starring themselves. Done poorly enough it could have killed interest in Tolkien permanently

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 15:33 on Jan 10, 2023

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the belgians are the most despicable people in europe for a great variety of reasons

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

playtime is OVER

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

playtime is OVER

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

playtime is OVER

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Yeah let's rig up the loudest thing ever produced to this point to an animal with sensitive hearing that is easily deafened by such loud noises

Stick to the Trappist beer.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a brick is a good dog with a gun

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Futanari Damacy posted:

Everything made more sense to me once it was revealed that the City of London is a separate entity from the city we know as London. The City is the one part they care about and everything else can rot, and with Brexit there became even less of a reason to be centered there.

They have their own police, separate from the Met eh? It's wild. Also, they have some weird financial arrangements so "for some reason" several elements "allegedly" part of the international arms trade have offices there, near the guilds.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lobster shirt posted:

lmao Christ

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Malleum posted:

the belgians are the most despicable people in europe for a great variety of reasons

It's not their fault, they aren't a real country, just a no-man's land used by consensus of the great powers of the time as the place they'd meet to resolve their differences by force of arms, a bit like another place we're seeing a lot of in the news lately.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

playtime is OVER

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Futanari Damacy posted:

Stick to the Trappist beer.

Not just trapist, their beer is just really good in general. There's a lot more sweet Belgian beers, and just beers with flavour instead of bitterness substituting for flavour.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the belgians lead the world in three things: beer, chocolate and paedophilia

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Man, they really are just going to go with the "Russian propaganda" angle for literally everything, huh.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

lobster shirt posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

“RFE/RL opened its new office in the Lithuanian capital on January 10 in what the U.S. Congress-funded broadcaster called its "latest step in a comprehensive strategy to counter pervasive Russian disinformation and reach new audiences with trusted, independent news and information."

Hell. Yes. :D

https://twitter.com/rferl/status/1612820991323017218
https://twitter.com/rferlpress/status/1612796402307825666

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Thought that last tweet was Prager u

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

So how important (or not) is russia taking Soledar and Bakhmut at this point.

i hear that they're p important at least according to this guy:

Al-Saqr posted:

go ahead, in fact I’ll make this a kind-of-Toxx:-

if Russia reclaims the area they lost in this offensive and manage to make any major offensive significantly past the maximum extent they were at two weeks ago (e.g taking bakhmut or reaching slovyansk/kramatorsk) I want the thread title changed to “al-saqr is putins little piggy wee wee oink oink” for a month

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
helldump

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

av/post combo

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
:twisted:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Futanari Damacy posted:

Hmm, in my entire life leading up to this war I never heard of Kyiv... there's this other city called Kiev though...

Around 2014 my entire family in Ukraine quit speaking Russian and started speaking Ukrainian exclusively.

This leads to hilarious interactions where even though I speak Russian that they understand perfectly, I now have to use google translate to talk to them.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Morning after a Taco Bell dinner?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Majorian posted:

I think this is a pretty dumb slapfight. I think we can all agree that the NYT has a lot of pro-Ukraine bias in its reporting on this war.

"slapfight" is always the term used to both-sides one exceptionally tedious poster dragging everyone else down to their level and making GBS threads up the thread because of it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al-Saqr posted:

أستمر! بلحية النبي سأجعل هذا نوعًا من الرهان السام:

إذا استعادت روسيا المنطقة التي خسرتها في هذا الهجوم ، وتمكنت من شن أي هجوم كبير بعد الحد الأقصى الذي كانت عليه قبل أسبوعين (على سبيل المثال ، أخذ باخموت أو الوصول إلى Slovyansk / Kramatorsk) ، فأنا أريد تغيير عنوان المناقشة إلى "Al- صقر هو أصبع بوتين الصغير الصغير "لمدة شهر ، أو قد أكون كاذبًا وقذرًا!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

"slapfight" is always the term used to both-sides one exceptionally tedious poster dragging everyone else down to their level and making GBS threads up the thread because of it.

I genuinely found both sides of the argument pretty tedious. Lots of talking past each other.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Majorian posted:

I genuinely found both sides of the argument pretty tedious. Lots of talking past each other.

turn on ure monitors

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

We've been over this, the mods will never inconvenience a federal agent, the only recourse is to stop replying to him, it worked great for a while before you idiots got sucked back in.

Christ I see why Stalin was the way he was now.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's not like anything else is happening.

If the thread wants to beat up the local dumbass punching bag, why not.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

i hear that they're p important at least according to this guy:

Watching and waiting.

Majorian posted:

Sure, but it is the same poster getting into slapfights over and over again. That said, I still think it's important to have someone itt who is pushing back on thread consensus so just let it happen I guess?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Pushing back on the thread is fine.

Making up things that nobody said and then pointing out how they're wrong should be mocked relentlessly, or ignored. Either way it's worthless outside of whatever entertainment value you can squeeze out of it.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

lollontee posted:

well, majorian does not have an overwhelming quantity of bad opinions, anymore. he may remain, where he is

we're so glad you approve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

it’s worth something to the intelligence community clearly, since they pay him to do it