Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

buffalo all day posted:

i have like 10 pool 3 cards left to get, and just spent 1000 tokens on juggernaut and i cant believe how good this card is. i have won multiple 8-cube games in like an hour of putting it in my surfer deck. absolute t6 mvp. the best was just beating a shuri-darkhawk whale who smug snapped on t6 only to have me knock his 30 point darkhawk into a lane he was already winning by like 30. owned

Yea I love juggs. Can win a lane by himself, works great with storm and galactus with priority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Any reporting system worth it's salt won't even pass it to a human until there's been X reports for the same player. If someone is BM emoting enough to get reported by a large number of people then maybe they should dial it back a little.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
poo poo Leader is in the shop. I gotta get him right? Is there a good Series 3 deck I can use for him?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Was tossing up whether to buy Daredevil from the shop, decided to splash out. Very first game with him I managed to Cosmo a Taskmaster. :getin:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Vulpes posted:

Any reporting system worth it's salt won't even pass it to a human until there's been X reports for the same player. If someone is BM emoting enough to get reported by a large number of people then maybe they should dial it back a little.

I think it's best to have a report system that is either connected to nothing or just once in awhile sends a "We recently took action towards somebody you reported" to people who report. Problem solved.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 10, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Juggernaut is in mine. He's good, but he doesn't really belong in any of my decks. I'm still holding out for Red Skull for my Dracula deck. Right now I'm running Strong Guy as my second 4 drop and Abomination as my 5 drop. It works well enough but Skull would make it much more consistent. Also if I have a coin flip between Skull and Infinaut I would be much more confident than I am currently.

Also I unlocked Crystal. I'm not sure what to do with her.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Walla posted:

Also I unlocked Crystal. I'm not sure what to do with her.

Theoretically you run her with Zabu and Mr Negative to shuffle your cards back. In reality you don’t play her.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Can anyone explain?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

canyonero posted:

Theoretically you run her with Zabu and Mr Negative to shuffle your cards back. In reality you don’t play her.

Theoretically she'd be useful in a Dracula Zoo, but realistically I doubt it would come together.

Speaking of Zoo Drac, does anyone run without any 3 drops? I'm starting to think it would be much more consistent, but I'm not sure if it's worth dropping Cosmo or Storm.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Victor Vermis posted:

Can anyone explain?

They got +3 from surfer so they’re net at normal power, so the numbers are gray.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
I'm having fun just deckbuilding with what I have and figuring things out myself for the most part. I do look up interesting ideas sometimes but the most fun I've had is ideas I've come up with on my own. Right now I'm playing a "Be Moved" deck with Kraven, Polaris, Aero, Magneto, and some smaller card combos (Viper + The Hood and Storm + Jessica Jones). Oh and Enchantress because I hate your ongoing cards. I rounded it out with Daredevil, Rocket Raccoon and Nightcrawler. It doesn't win all of the time but I feel like I dictate the pace of the game and if I lose it is pretty much my fault 99% of the time.

The thing I have not seen, even with similar decks, is including Kraven. It throws off your opponent if you play it early and you can get big point swings later. That's been the surprise if the opponent doesn't play around it. And if Limbo/Magik shows up that just means I can play my big movers plus Rocket or the Demon in my hand.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

buffalo all day posted:

They got +3 from surfer so they’re net at normal power, so the numbers are gray.

Doggone exotic 3 drops. Thanks!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ubersandwich posted:

It's been said before but the report username process is waaaaay to over-complicated for what it is. It should be click, report name and done.

Don't make me type it out and explain why it's a rulebreaker.

Yea I had to explain to a bot why a slur broke the rules

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

King of the Cosmos posted:

I'm having fun just deckbuilding with what I have and figuring things out myself for the most part. I do look up interesting ideas sometimes but the most fun I've had is ideas I've come up with on my own. Right now I'm playing a "Be Moved" deck with Kraven, Polaris, Aero, Magneto, and some smaller card combos (Viper + The Hood and Storm + Jessica Jones). Oh and Enchantress because I hate your ongoing cards. I rounded it out with Daredevil, Rocket Raccoon and Nightcrawler. It doesn't win all of the time but I feel like I dictate the pace of the game and if I lose it is pretty much my fault 99% of the time.

The thing I have not seen, even with similar decks, is including Kraven. It throws off your opponent if you play it early and you can get big point swings later. That's been the surprise if the opponent doesn't play around it. And if Limbo/Magik shows up that just means I can play my big movers plus Rocket or the Demon in my hand.

If you can get him, this works brilliantly with Kingpin as well. Kraven gets the increase just before Kingpin kills the card.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Coq au Nandos posted:

If you can get him, this works brilliantly with Kingpin as well. Kraven gets the increase just before Kingpin kills the card.

Thank you for the tip! I'll definitely be watching my token shop for him. Haven't seen him in there once and I've been wanting to experiment with it. It seems like it would be hard to not telegraph it early but you could do Kingpin + Kraven on 5 and then Magneto on 6 for a nice big dopamine hit.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

the_american_dream posted:

I want to give this a shot too. Feels like Zero is very important though.

Zero is great but I don't know that he's strictly "needed" here; the usual utility I get out of him is zapping Red Skull before T5/6. Otherwise Attuma is in the clear so long as he's behind Armor or Invisible Woman (and tbh that feels like an interaction they should fix), and while Zero is good for disabling Lizard or Ebony Maw, those are just nice side bonuses to the deck.

If you have Wasp that's not a terrible choice to slot in, as you'll rarely be using all 12 available lane slots and she's a typically a free discard. Otherwise.... Iceman/Korg/Nightcrawler?

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

So, is She-Hulk as good as she sounds? She's up in the token shop for 3000. I've only got 3300. Worth the buy? I think I'm just about to start Tier 3, at 599 collection level.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah, she'll do a lot of work for you as you flesh out pool 3 and you'll refill at least enough for 1 or 2 p3 cards in the next few weeks which is how long it would probably take for some of the best to show in your shop anyways.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

King of the Cosmos posted:

Thank you for the tip! I'll definitely be watching my token shop for him. Haven't seen him in there once and I've been wanting to experiment with it. It seems like it would be hard to not telegraph it early but you could do Kingpin + Kraven on 5 and then Magneto on 6 for a nice big dopamine hit.

Kingpin is also a brilliant turn 6 card for if you’re lucky enough to run into a move deck and have priority. You know they’re dropping Heimdall.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Zero is one of those one drops that enables other decks and is overpowered for its "downside". Nerf Zero, 1/3 should be reserved for Blade out of all the one drops :colbert:

My Second Re-Reg posted:

(and tbh that feels like an interaction they should fix)

Honestly, this one makes sense. End of Your Turn != End of Game. End of Game is a separate timeframe of the game, when turns no longer apply

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Studio posted:

Honestly, this one makes sense. End of Your Turn != End of Game. End of Game is a separate timeframe of the game, when turns no longer apply

Yes but presumably end of turn happens at the end of 6, then end of game triggers.

Does Adam Warlock give you a draw if you're winning his location at the end of 6?

EDIT: Nvm, you're talking specifically about Invis Woman and her end of game trigger.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Studio posted:

No, I get that it makes "sense" with the current wording, I just think the wording should be changed; it's an interaction that feels exploity.

e: Keep Zero and Blade 1/3 but give Blade an extra +1 when it discards a card. :colbert:

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 10, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vulpes posted:

Just found out that Leader also copies card strength after On Reveal effects.

Played Wolfbane onto three cards (7), and then Surfer to get him to 10. Opponent played Leader, copied the 10 strength card and then applied the on reveal effect again and then surfer on top for a total of 17.

Seems especially bullshit that you can not only copy all your opponents cards but actually end up with stronger versions of them.

The way Leader works is to snapshot your opponent's board additions, then process On Reveals. This is why you don't get cards that have been disappeared by Lockjaw; they weren't added to the board. If you play Leader with priority - which you generally have to do to get the win with him - you get base copies of the cards. He only gets the extra benefit if he's played when you're behind, and figuring out if you can win with Leader from that position is a lot harder than the "hurr just slam Leader and win" that you get from salty people who just lost one game to Leader.

I've beaten turn 6 Leader more than I've lost to it. People do think that it just wins every close game, but it always loses to Patriot, it generally loses to Surfer, and it loses to Shuri Zero a lot. It's really only great when Deathwave, Galactus and Negative are the meta.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Wait, Zero is 1/3? That's bullshit. I hope he's nerfed.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

1/3 is normal for 1-drops with a conditional downside that can be an upside in the right deck. Blade is also a 1/3.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jedit posted:

The way Leader works is to snapshot your opponent's board additions, then process On Reveals. This is why you don't get cards that have been disappeared by Lockjaw; they weren't added to the board. If you play Leader with priority - which you generally have to do to get the win with him - you get base copies of the cards. He only gets the extra benefit if he's played when you're behind, and figuring out if you can win with Leader from that position is a lot harder than the "hurr just slam Leader and win" that you get from salty people who just lost one game to Leader.

I've beaten turn 6 Leader more than I've lost to it. People do think that it just wins every close game, but it always loses to Patriot, it generally loses to Surfer, and it loses to Shuri Zero a lot. It's really only great when Deathwave, Galactus and Negative are the meta.

Speaking of Leader, I just won a match because of this. I played a Red Skull who I disabled with Zero. Opponent's Leader copied base Red Skull... Who gave mine a +2 buff for the win

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Speaking of Leader, I just won a match because of this. I played a Red Skull who I disabled with Zero. Opponent's Leader copied base Red Skull... Who gave mine a +2 buff for the win

That's slightly different. Your opponent didn't play the Red Skull, so Zero didn't neutralise it. If there had been another turn the first card he played would have Zeroed.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Yes but presumably end of turn happens at the end of 6, then end of game triggers.

Does Adam Warlock give you a draw if you're winning his location at the end of 6?

EDIT: Nvm, you're talking specifically about Invis Woman and her end of game trigger.
Yes, which can change Darkhawk/Devil Dino stats and give Dracula a discard target. Or, horror of horrors, draw your M'baku and prevent his flying out of your deck.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I've built a zabu dino deck and it is doing absolute work currently at ~700CL and only requires 1 pool 3 and the battle pass freebie.

Not only do you have your usual Moongirl Dino wincon, but zabu+quinjet also just lets you vomit your hand from Moongirl or the card generators as a backup wincon. Its also got space for a ton of tech cards with armor/SC/Ench so you can snipe wins that way.

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Cable
# (2) Armor
# (3) Zabu
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVpbmpldCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FibGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlphYnUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVF1ZWVuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRoZUNvbGxlY3RvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdlbnQxMyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
So it sounds like a card’s own on reveal effects happen before it is “played”, but the on reveal effects applied by other cards happen after it’s played.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

priznat posted:

christ, leader is such loving bullshit. honestly how can you counter that nonsense.

Other than what's already been said

I got a 0 cost Destroyer from The Raft once and played it on T6. They copied it and destroyed all of their poo poo. I don't remember my boardstate but I came out on top in that match.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The Sean posted:

Other than what's already been said

I got a 0 cost Destroyer from The Raft once and played it on T6. They copied it and destroyed all of their poo poo. I don't remember my boardstate but I came out on top in that match.

Ongoing Destroyer loves a Leader meta because both their turn 6 plays gently caress Leader completely. Destroyer at worst gives a tie and usually gives its own Destroyer a buff from Nova for the win, and Spectrum is an asymmetrical win condition.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jedit posted:

That's slightly different. Your opponent didn't play the Red Skull, so Zero didn't neutralise it. If there had been another turn the first card he played would have Zeroed.

Well they didn't copy Zero at all because the center was full (my T6 was Zero in center, Red Skull in left; theirs was Leader in center). Mainly they lost because they assumed with the board state that just copying my plays in left and/or right lane would win them the game. Frankly it wasn't the wrong play, just didn't work out for them this time.

Edit: This deck also rules against Leech, because more often than not they're just freeing one of your Infinaut/Red Skull/Destroyer

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 10, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Skippy McPants posted:

1/3 is normal for 1-drops with a conditional downside that can be an upside in the right deck. Blade is also a 1/3.

Blade's the only other 1/3 I know of, so I don't know about it being normal. Zero enables so much more broken bullshit than Blade though. He could be a 1/1 and still be great.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Walla posted:

Blade's the only other 1/3 I know of, so I don't know about it being normal. Zero enables so much more broken bullshit than Blade though. He could be a 1/1 and still be great.

Technically Hawkeye and Squirrel Girl both meet the description of "1/3 with conditional drawback".

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

To add to the leader talk. I play Zola I’m almost every deck at the moment and leader is basically useless there since your board should be set up to take advantage of Zola and the opponents almost never is,

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I dont care about leader balance-wise (I care about the lack of balance in S5s a whole lot more). I think the reveal order stuff is far too confusing to expect players to understand when it is so important to engaging with the card on a basic level and they need to work that poo poo out. Also mystique's text is wrong.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 10, 2023

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No Wave posted:

I dont care about leader balance-wise (I care about the lack of balance in S5s a whole lot more). I think the reveal order stuff is far too confusing to expect players to understand when it is so important to engaging with the card on a basic level and they need to work that poo poo out. Also mystique's text is wrong.

Yeah, the bigger problem with the game is that they opened with the pitch that "You can get every card without paying", and then 1) This was revealed to be only true in a theoretical sense, and 2) They started rolling out incredibly broken cards that realistically you will not be able to collect except by whaling

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
They released Zabu in battle pass while the two plainly overpowered 4 drops in the game, Shuri and Darkhawk, are 6000 tokens. It is the clearest pay to win I have seen in any card game. One streamer made a video about it and kept saying "there's no way they meant to be THIS brazen about it, these are good people" and lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

They released Zabu in battle pass while the two plainly overpowered 4 drops in the game, Shuri and Darkhawk, are 6000 tokens. It is the clearest pay to win I have seen in any card game. One streamer made a video about it and kept saying "there's no way they meant to be THIS brazen about it, these are good people" and lol.

To be fair, I am willing to believe Ben Brode is that credulous.