Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
I bought some tofu and several had mold growing on them so I threw them out and tried returning the rest. They wouldn't refund it because I didn't have 51% of the food and said next time to bring it in even if it's moldy or rotten. It was only the second thing I've ever tried returning so my store must get a lot of scammers or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I use an air mattress instead of a guest bed. It tells my guests they are welcome for a couple days or so, but no more than that.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Isn’t there a famous story of a woman who returned an old printer or TV to Costco and subsequently got banned for life?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
did she get a hug at least

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

I bought some tofu and several had mold growing on them so I threw them out and tried returning the rest. They wouldn't refund it because I didn't have 51% of the food and said next time to bring it in even if it's moldy or rotten. It was only the second thing I've ever tried returning so my store must get a lot of scammers or something?

Just returned $5000 worth of poo poo including moldy tofu, a half burned bed, used sheets, used condoms, and a banana peel.

Not sure what your issue is. Demand a manager!!!!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Just returned $5000 worth of poo poo including moldy tofu, a half burned bed, used sheets, used condoms, and a banana peel.

Not sure what your issue is. Demand a manager!!!!

man i woulda taken that poo poo

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

That's nasty. I'm not keeping moldy food hanging around so I can make sure Costco verifies my story.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Josh Lyman posted:

Isn’t there a famous story of a woman who returned an old printer or TV to Costco and subsequently got banned for life?

Why wouldn’t they just refuse to accept the return

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Mons Hubris posted:

Why wouldn’t they just refuse to accept the return

Because a manager finally had the balls to stop her from using Costco for free electronics upgrades. She had been doing returns like that her entire membership. It wasn't even just the one 8 year old "broken" printer that broke the camel's back; she was trying to return 2 printers so she could get a new one.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

any thoughts on multivitamins? Kirkland vs name brand

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ve been using them for years but the big bottle just barely fits in the medicine cabinet

I dunno what else to judge them on. My labs are always good?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

any thoughts on multivitamins? Kirkland vs name brand

I trust the Kirkland brand.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

MarcusSA posted:

Preach on, brother

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the fish pills have an exciting fish stench

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also afaik they’ve done enough tests on the Kirkland Brand stuff for me to trust it no questions at this point.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Taking the multi, fish oil, vitamin D, and magnesium on the daily.

MarcusSA posted:

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I take the Kirkland brand and it seems fine. I have to take it after a meal so it doesn't upset my stomach but that's fairly common for me with multivitamins.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Don't think multivitamins do much but I'm sure that Kirkland's is as good as any.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I have the multivitamin gummies because I'm still partially a child and they are good, they taste like gummies

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

MarcusSA posted:

If I'm willing to put their giant hot dog (and drink with refill) for only $1.50 in my body on a semi-regular basis, I'd trust that their vitamins don't have extra junk in them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bagmonkey posted:

I have the multivitamin gummies because I'm still partially a child and they are good, they taste like gummies

:hmmyes:

Vitafusion Mutlivites I think. Other than that the kirkland fish oil and the big D.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

I was chatting with Dr Mrs Fontaine over lunch today and she’s all excited because a coworker filled her in on which Costco to visit to get what she described as “the good kind of sea cucumber”. And, uh… I’m just not so sure about this.

Does anyone have a recipe they can vouch for? Don’t think I can get out of this one unless I figure out a way to get banned from Costco for life within the next week or so.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Buy Kirkland so you can take all the pills.. and..and.. return 1 pill in the bottle.

It's a Costco hack.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Theres a chinese dish where its braised with a sauce. Its been a long time since I've had it, I don't think the sea cucumber itself has much of a taste? No one in my extended family actually likes it so I never see it ordered

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 10, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Dick Fontaine posted:

I was chatting with Dr Mrs Fontaine over lunch today and she’s all excited because a coworker filled her in on which Costco to visit to get what she described as “the good kind of sea cucumber”. And, uh… I’m just not so sure about this.

Does anyone have a recipe they can vouch for? Don’t think I can get out of this one unless I figure out a way to get banned from Costco for life within the next week or so.

ive had deec results w this one

https://freesiamom.tistory.com/145

translation forthcoming

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

quote:

불리는 과정은 한국 싸이트에서 찾아보니 많이 복잡한거 같아서 봉지 뒤에 쓰여있는 Instructions 을 따라해 보았답니다.
1. 찬물에 담가 냉장고에 3 일간 불려준다. 이때 하루에 한번씩 물을 바꿔준다.
2. 3 일이 지나면 냄비에서 30분정도 삶는다. 젓가락 같은걸로 찔러서 잘 익었다 싶으면 물로 잘씻어 말리고 요리하거나 2 번째 방법을 다시 반복해서 원하는 만큼의 부드러운 해삼을 만든다.
이런 방법이였는데 전 물에 담가줄땐 혹시 모를 비린내를 없애기 위해서 식초를 물에 조금 섞어 주었구요. 해삼이 물에 불었을때 겉면을 작은 과일칼 같은걸 이용해서 박박 긁어서 ㅋㅋ 손질했답니다..안에는 비교적 깨끗한 편에 모래 같은 것은 없었구요..그러나 손질을 잘못하면 냄새가 많이 난다해서 겉면을 특별히 신경써서 했답니다.
3 일 지나 삶을때도 30 분보다 더 많이 50 정도 한거 같구요..

1. put in cold water and rehydrate for 3 days in the fridge. change water 1/day
2. after the third day, poach 30 minutes. you can test doneness by poking it w/ a chopstick or something. you can add vinegar to reduce fishy smell. if they stick together just cut them apart. there wasn't too much sand or anything in there but be careful about the smell
3. it's more like 50 mins than 30

add to whatever seafood dishes

e: gently caress i thought you wanted instructions for cleaning and prep. i don't have any recipes for you sorry lol. use it anywhere you'd use octopus

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 10, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

bob dobbs is dead posted:

1. put in cold water and rehydrate for 3 days in the fridge. change water 1/day
2. after the third day, poach 30 minutes. you can test doneness by poking it w/ a chopstick or something. you can add vinegar to reduce fishy smell. if they stick together just cut them apart. there wasn't too much sand or anything in there but be careful about the smell
3. it's more like 50 mins than 30

add to whatever seafood dishes

e: gently caress i thought you wanted instructions for cleaning and prep. i don't have any recipes for you sorry lol. use it anywhere you'd use octopus

Thanks! These are the frozen ones, not the dry ones, so I think the prep is a bit different. Good to know that they poach about like octopus though. That opens up a lot of possibilities.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I'm once again thankful for the speed, open hours, and prices of the Costco Pharmacy. I got the text during the day, I dropped in after work, waited in a three person line, had my prescription in a few minutes. And a great price.

And it gave me an excuse to take a quick lap. Grabbed a salad for dinner.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dick Fontaine posted:

Thanks! These are the frozen ones, not the dry ones, so I think the prep is a bit different. Good to know that they poach about like octopus though. That opens up a lot of possibilities.

Your link says they are at least partially dehydrated, then frozen. Don't know how that changes things, maybe they do that just to shrink them down?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Goin' to church today. What's new to look for?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

meatpimp posted:

i hear they have a $1.50 hotdog and drink

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

KakerMix posted:

Your link says they are at least partially dehydrated, then frozen. Don't know how that changes things, maybe they do that just to shrink them down?

Huh. I wonder what’s supposed to make these ones better then? Guess I’ll find out on second new year.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:hmmyes:

Vitafusion Mutlivites I think. Other than that the kirkland fish oil and the big D.

Yeah I prefer the vitafusion ones to the kirkland brand but kirkland ones are still decent.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

meatpimp posted:

Look out for the ham and cheese croissants if that's your thing. The cinnamon loaves are back too I think.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I grabbed a rotisserie chicken for picking through the week and that’s been an A+ choice. Mostly going for burritos, but I’m gonna use it for fancy ramen or a teriyaki chicken bowl over rice today.

PBUC, looking forward to my rebate this year.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

how long can a costco chicken stay good in room temp

in days

asking for a friend

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I've done two but extremely do not recommend

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Alan Smithee posted:

how long can a costco chicken stay good in room temp

in days

asking for a friend

In days? .10 to .25. Don't let cooked chicken just hang out at room temperature. Eat it after you bring it home from the Co or put it in the fridge.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hopefully the salt brine gives it some preservative properties? Maybe? Don't get sick from eating old chicken though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

mariooncrack posted:

Look out for the ham and cheese croissants if that's your thing. The cinnamon loaves are back too I think.

Didn't see those, but the frozen turkey sausage/egg white/cheese english muffins are on sale for under $1/sammy. That's an awesome buy for right now.

PBUC