Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CallaWalsh/status/1612512134931283968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

gotta stop cheerleading the current narrative until the on-the-ground results dictate the new narrative

nothing wrong here, the current narrative no longer exists and never existed

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I'd say everyone in the combat area is continuously wearing the saddest possible meme face so I'm going to have to take this up with the department of Bad Memes

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Военный Осведомитель posted:

The latest T-90Ms are being assembled in one of Uralvagonzavod's workshops. The enterprise is now working in several shifts.

@milinfolive
(from t.me/milinfolive/95314, via tgsa)

Военный Осведомитель posted:

And this is the process of repairing and upgrading T-72M tanks at Excalibur Army's factory in the Czech Republic before being shipped to Ukraine.

@milinfolive
(from t.me/milinfolive/95323, via tgsa)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
drat, guess EU labor laws are better.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

T-34 assembly line vs Tiger Tank artisanal handicrafts workshop

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

evilmiera posted:

I'd say everyone in the combat area is continuously wearing the saddest possible meme face so I'm going to have to take this up with the department of Bad Memes

It's right over there, in GBS.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Tankbuster posted:

not al saqr.

His predictions are always hot

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
looks like russia managed to capture soledar, whether this helps them in donetsk remains to be seen.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Let's jump cut to the EU heavy industry:

(Photo of German smelter shut down, lights off due to lack of affordable electricity, everyone out of work)

Not to worry EU! Uncle Sam has your back. Cash only thanks. Delivery in 4-5... years. Let's say 2030.. ish.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Frosted Flake posted:

loving we retired ADATS and the 35mm, abolished the ADA, and we’re buying SAMs for a Mickey Mouse bullshit country. Incredible.

Well you've got to defend the skys of Canada.

Frosted Flake posted:

Has anyone told them what religion and ethnicity Jesus and Saints Mary and Joseph were?

Jesus was only half Jewish.

OctaMurk posted:

what does a single NASAMS mean. is that one missile launcher, or is it one system of multiple launchers and radars

The latter presumably.

Don't sign your tank.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

MANILA, Philippines — The Ukrainian government hMANILA, Philippines — The Ukrainian government has been contacting President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. to arrange a call between him and President Volodymyr Zelensky to discuss the Philippines’ role in the Ukraine-Russia conflict but has not heard any response since June.

“We are requesting a phone call between the President of Ukraine and at that time, President-elect Marcos, but we haven’t gotten a reply from the presidential office yet,” said Denys Mykhailiuk, the Chargé d’affaires of the Ukraine Embassy in Malaysia.

In a press briefing with Philippine reporters, Mykhailiuk said they had contacted Marcos through the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) twice a month since June 2022.

“They will be discussing participation or cosponsoring on the Peace Formula, which is to be presented on the fields of the [United Nations] on [February 24, 2023], as well as bilateral agenda,” said Mykhailiuk.

According to the United Nations website, the Peace Formula was previously outlined by Zelensky in September, which is a plan to restore peace in Ukraine. Part of this plan is Russia’s punishment for committing an “illegal war.”

“The proposal is still standing,” the envoy said.

Marcos was still president-elect when Ukraine first contacted him, but Mykhailiuk said there had been informal follow-ups since then.

“I have contacts with the DFA, and I am asking our desk officer, for let’s say, twice a month, it’s not a formal wiring because they already have the formal one,” he said.

When asked why he thought the Philippine government had yet to respond, Mykhailiuk surmised that it was due to Marcos still being newly elected.

“My guess might be that they are forming the government and are preoccupied with their domestic agenda, and they also had the contact with main partners, so they have China and the United States, so we quite understand that,” he said.

“We expect that their position of the presidential administration to our situation, to our war, is already settled, and we hope that any time soon they will be ready for a phone call with the president and be also ready to establish some visit of Filipino governmental positions to Ukraine, or Ukrainians to Manila,” added Mykhailiuk.

During his presidential bid, Marcos said he believed there was no need to stand in the war between Russia and Ukraine.

Months after winning the elections and being sworn into office, however, Marcos said that the war between the two countries was “unacceptable.”

Mykhailiuk also said that plans to establish a Ukrainian embassy in the Philippines were stalled due to budget constraints, but they hope to achieve it this year.

When it came to establishing a Philippine embassy in Ukraine, however, “there was no direct inquiry from the Filipino side to establish an embassy in Kyiv”, said Mykhailiuk.

INQUIRER.net has reached out to the Malacañang and DFA for a comment but has yet to receive a response.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Honorable Ambassador to Ukraine, Rommel Adolf Hitler Bautista

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

SplitSoul posted:

I'm from Kyiv and I say slava 'em all.
:hmmyes:

Weka posted:

Jesus was only half Jewish.
it’s the definitive half (mamma)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

Honorable Ambassador to Ukraine, Rommel Adolf Hitler Bautista

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
Classic capricorn

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

so many angry nafo dweebs in the replies, lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Ridin Duterte

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Weka posted:

Don't sign your tank.

Lol did they endcap the ERA wedges with an ERA brick? Wtf

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Slavyangrad posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
‼️🇷🇺Our tank crew, who won a tank duel with the AFU, told how their computer game experience in World of Tanks helped them in battles

"I can play in any position," joked one of the fighters. - "The combat concept, applying tactics helps."
As reported, 3 Russian tanks engaged in combat with two Ukrainian tanks in Donbass. While a pair of armored vehicles distracted the enemy, a third tank crept up from the flank and hit a target 500 meters away.

Join Slavyangrad chat. Your opinion matters.
https://t.me/+PUg0rQrZdiw4YWFh

@Slavyangrad
Join SLG 🔺 Intelligence Briefings, Strategy and Analysis, Expert Community
(from t.me/Slavyangrad/28424, via tgsa)

playing world of tanks eight years to apply it irl

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BrotherJayne posted:

Lol did they endcap the ERA wedges with an ERA brick? Wtf

The ERA is actually just large slabs of wrapped chocolate to keep the crew morale up.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it's heroin

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's cocaine

Weka
May 5, 2019

slava heroin

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
world of tanks taught you how to tank huh, check this out (rolls up in abrahms) pay to win b*tch

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

I recognize that North Korea denies that they have shipped any weapons to Russian forces.

You are the correct that the US and UK claim one thing and North Korea another, but the US reporting is not all linked to a NYT piece or an unnamed "US intelligence official"
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/russian-mercenary-group-bought-arms-from-north-korea-says-white-house

Did the White House guy cite the NYT with the administration official source though? Cheney loved to do that in the olden days with interviews that were done on airforce 2.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cuttlefush posted:

it's heroin

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's cocaine

Why not both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASukG4IWxyA

DancingShade has issued a correction as of 09:56 on Jan 11, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

DancingShade posted:

Why not both?

generally a good time as long as you aren't a famous musician or comedian

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
OH MY GOD MR ZELENSKY GET DOWN

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Russia boy (Krokodil) Ukraine girl (coke President)

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/TobiAyodele/status/1613086375552901120

no idea about the accuracy of the source but searching "zaluzhny" on twitter yields alot of posts making similar claims

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A big flaming stink posted:

no idea about the accuracy of the source but searching "zaluzhny" on twitter yields alot of posts making similar claims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAKnbIr6TE

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

what a country up there.

Defence Minister Anita Anand announces air defence system donation to Ukraine

quote:

Today, Defence Minister Anita Anand announced that Canada is purchasing a National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System (NASAMS) and associated munitions from the United States to donate to Ukraine. This high-priority donation is the first Canadian donation of an air defence system to Ukraine.

A NASAMS is a short to medium range ground-based air defence system that protects against drone, missile, and aircraft attack, with a high success rate. Canada’s NASAMS donation will help Ukraine strengthen its air defence systems against destructive air attacks on military sites, civilian critical infrastructure, and population centres.

This donation, valued at approximately $406 million, comes from the additional $500 million in military aid to Ukraine that Prime Minister Trudeau announced on November 14, 2022. The donation builds on Canada’s longstanding military support to Ukraine, including our training mission – Operation UNIFIER, donations of armoured vehicles, artillery, drone cameras, and winter clothing, and ongoing efforts by the Royal Canadian Air Force to transport Ukraine-bound military aid donated by Canada, Allies, and partners.

Canada remains committed to providing Ukraine with the military aid that it needs to defend itself from Russia’s illegal and unjustifiable attacks, including intensifying Russian air raids.

:)

https://twitter.com/zelenskyyua/status/1612904932054540300

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

A big flaming stink posted:

hmmm a twitter account with a russian-nigerian flag and a wagner avi, seems legit!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/ukraine66251776/status/1612962075432681473

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i cant wait patiently, i need updates now on whats happening to a tiny town

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ardennes posted:

According to YouTube tank celebrity “the chieftain”, the US could push the entire Russian army back out of Ukraine with one armored and one infantry division.

we could but as soon as we pulled out most of ukraine would fall to the taliban

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

hmmm a twitter account with a russian-nigerian flag and a wagner avi, seems legit!

bitch can you read the single sentence i posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

good try, but you won't trick me into thinking that z-man is cool