Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

it's time for milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
wrong thread

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

is it?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
sure it was

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
this thread has been dangerously on fire

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sleeveless posted:

If I were a universally beloved fixture of an online community who made a clean break on my own terms in the name of the well-being of myself and the community I loved I would simply choose not to return eight months later to sow discontent by attacking a less beloved fixture of that community because I felt personally slighted by the wording of the apology they made when they left. But now that it's in the past surely everyone involved will feel closure and won't just have an additional burden to carry around with them and weigh down any happy memories they might have had of their time here.

The people who make epic jokes about wanting to suck and gently caress Hitler, the guy from the Star Wars rapist comedy videos, Doobie's wife and kids, etc getting really mad about actual funny and interesting posters because they're furries is one of the deepest open wounds of this website's legacy as a 00s mock/hate site. Especially when as recently as last month you had a swarm of posters saying the quiet parts loud and dragging out all kinds of TERFy arguments about how furries are actually sexual predators that are just lying about their identity, that they're mentally ill, that they could just choose not to be, that they're only like that out of desperation because they can't have normal relationships, and that defending them is stealing valor from actual ongoing civil rights movements.

You're a good poster and one of the most inoffensive personalities on this site and I'm glad that you didn't let being yet another casualty of CineD arbitrarily banning posters they don't like scare you off for good.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont think making fun of furries is the same thing as discriminating against gay or trans people

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Every six hours in this thread:

sensible chuckle

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Every six hours in this thread:

lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
a post about someones fetish or subculture being the latest queer vanguard happens every minute somewhere online

weird but true facts

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I was about to say "gonna need Sleeveless to make a podcast episode about Hedrigall's alleged good posts," but in fact I don't need that at all

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Had a look at that thread to remember the context and lolled at RFC having the worst idea ever

RFC2324 posted:

Since this thread gets hijacked so regularly, and it does bother a few people, maybe we should split a PYF ongoing drama thread? Doing that and having a dedicated IK for both separately should keep the mod load down

Imagine how insane that would have driven people

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the two threads would have just fueled each other lol

the hatfield and mccoys of the PYF

(mccoy gang rise up)

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 11, 2023

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont think making fun of furries is the same thing as discriminating against gay or trans people

no but it is silly. i can't imagine giving a poo poo about whether someone is a furry or not in 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I object to the notion that Hitler is bad because he was in a star wars video. I mean it doesn't help, but we shouldn't fixate on it.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

more falafel please posted:

no but it is silly. i can't imagine giving a poo poo about whether someone is a furry or not in 2023

People who loudly proclaim they're a furry in 2023 are often stupid and obnoxious in very mockable ways.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

steinrokkan posted:

I object to the notion that Hitler is bad because he was in a star wars video. I mean it doesn't help, but we shouldn't fixate on it.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

People who loudly proclaim they're a furry in 2023 are often stupid and obnoxious in very mockable ways.

yeah but this is true for just about anyone who loudly proclaims anything On Line

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

more falafel please posted:

yeah but this is true for just about anyone who loudly proclaims anything On Line

and so even if that thing is tending a rose garden. if you post unintentionally funny about it online someone will make an intentionally funny post about how rose guys are all freaks

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I hate it when anyone tells me about their fetish, and furries are frequently known for being like Heidregal or whatever his name was, and not shutting up about their kink.
Sure, you(a general you) are an animal or you like to gently caress them, whatever, just shut up about it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Can we at least acknowledge that making your furry identity also your public identity in the broader Internet is incredibly goofy

When you've reached the point of calling yourself a keyblade-wielding asexual panda to the entire goddamn world, well, I don't necessarily think you're a bad person, but I may still make fun of you

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
ill be brave and say i think it makes you a bad person

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't believe in good people or bad people, just people who should be murdered and people who probably shouldn't.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
go on

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boba Pearl posted:

I don't believe in good people or bad people, just people who should be murdered and people who probably shouldn't.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Antivehicular posted:

Can we at least acknowledge that making your furry identity also your public identity in the broader Internet is incredibly goofy

When you've reached the point of calling yourself a keyblade-wielding asexual panda to the entire goddamn world, well, I don't necessarily think you're a bad person, but I may still make fun of you

Posting about your collection of antique tea pots is goofy

Posting 24/7 about your gross sexual bullshit being your only personality trait is quite something else

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

someone is going to find some way to own you on the internet and there's nothing you can do about it, just post with sincerity in your heart and don't be afraid to have a good laugh

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

E: I think the difference between an internet weirdoes and normal people is learning when to shut the gently caress up.

e2: If the first time Heidregal was like "I want to gently caress lions mmmm." and then was told to please stop saying that, never posted about loving lions again, no-one would remember that dude. Instead he's the lion fucker.

e3: Some people get off on it though, which makes it worse, because if you ignore it it normalizes the bad behavior, and if you call it out you just encourage them. If I'm called a disgusting freak about something I re-evaluate what I said, and whether it's something I should ever say again, since most people don't have that reaction to normal poo poo.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 11, 2023

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

someone is going to find some way to own you on the internet and there's nothing you can do about it, just post with sincerity in your heart and don't be afraid to have a good laugh

death of one's ego is the true key to posting nirvana

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Boba Pearl posted:

E: I think the difference between an internet weirdoes and normal people is learning when to shut the gently caress up.

e2: If the first time Heidregal was like "I want to gently caress lions mmmm." and then was told to please stop saying that, never posted about loving lions again, no-one would remember that dude. Instead he's the lion fucker.

e3: Some people get off on it though, which makes it worse, because if you ignore it it normalizes the bad behavior, and if you call it out you just encourage them. If I'm called a disgusting freak about something I re-evaluate what I said, and whether it's something I should ever say again, since most people don't have that reaction to normal poo poo.

destroy all bust rodds

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
i think the key to not being the bad kind of freak is to have at least three hobbies instead of having your every spare moment dominated by one single one

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

The Kins posted:

i think the key to not being the bad kind of freak is to have at least three hobbies instead of having your every spare moment dominated by one single one

if at all possible have one or more involve each of: touching grass, physical activity, irl social interaction

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Boba Pearl posted:

/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i didn't know imp zone contributed to Waypoint
lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Boba Pearl posted:

Is that why you tried to blow up some cows

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Is that why you tried to blow up some cows
That was Turtlicious with the pipebombs, IIRC. Something about trying to end methane-induced climate change one livestock-gibbing at a time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

The Kins posted:

That was Turtlicious with the pipebombs, IIRC.

Yes that's turtlicious