Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

There's maybe some method in Vince's madness, where the masses of money they get from Peacock is bound to dry up. Since interest rates went up, companies aren't going to burn money to get into the streaming bandwagon any more. I think the upcoming TV rights might reflect this future, and the falling ratings too. So it's going to be bad for WWE as a public company. However, Vince taking the reigns, hitching to the new source of unlimited money and washing away all his accountability is good for his sense of self preservation, and hilarious for the future of WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

EMF you gotta do a trip report for The Orb when they let you touch it.

it probably feels pretty nice.

I hope they bring the random Sumo guy and push him to beat Roman Reigns and be the new head of the table as Yokozuna 2.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1613158198848126976?s=20&t=jN4klzJi1VrvzjrTJYxXhg

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Imagine you’re watching TV the morning of 9/11 just in shock and a guy walks up and tells you “Saudi Arabia helped plan this…oh and someday they’re going to buy the WWF, but it’ll be called the WWE. No time to explain sorry.”

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

If you were keeping up with and watching WWE, and KSA purchasing them makes you stop, just curious as to why? KSA already bankrolls them and uses them for propaganda purposes, and guys like Finn Balor and Sami Zayn gobble it up regardless. You should too! Love the product.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Imagine you’re watching TV the morning of 9/11 just in shock and a guy walks up and tells you “Saudi Arabia helped plan this…oh and someday they’re going to buy the WWF, but it’ll be called the WWE. No time to explain sorry.”

"Oh also they're going to make 10 more Fast and the Furious movies."

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/cringeregnirc/status/1613105374655303682?s=20&t=xKqHX_yNLkU4a64c9Xg34g
Gem in the replies there lmao

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

your friend wicka posted:

hosed up to not even warn Paul, Walker and Levesque

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’d try to grab doc brown by his collar to force him to stop this

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

your friend wicka posted:

"Starring the Rock, who people think is lame now"

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani

The Grey posted:

Remember when Vince "retired", there were fans giving him the "we are not worthy" worship motion. They don't give a poo poo about the evilness behind WWE and will continue to worship it.

they’ll care when they realize what the punishment is for shirk

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Riddle gets heated about gimmick infringement when he hears all the women are getting stoned

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

How do I keep Peacock so I can be basic and watch The Office but not pay for WWE?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Stroker Ace posted:

How do I keep Peacock so I can be basic and watch The Office but not pay for WWE?

https://www.amazon.com/Office-Complete-Rainn-Wilson/dp/B07B64T9B3

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yes, physical media needs to make a comeback

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1613166101613129728?s=46&t=xP7D0uLMTY6yjG1MR1zXFg

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lol that they think they will be allowed to leave

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Didn’t think I’d ever get back into watching wwe again but here we are. I’m fascinated :allears:

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm just wondering what will happen to all the projects after the stock options in their contracts get sold off.

What a surprise million dollars to just fall from the sky....

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

projecthalaxy posted:

Their things will be sent to their homes in garbage bags. By which I mean their arms, legs, heads, etc.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

I don't know why but this reminds me of how Finn went on the blood money show...but flashed a rainbow Balor club shirt in the empty arena!!!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Whoolighams posted:

I don't know why but this reminds me of how Finn went on the blood money show...but flashed a rainbow Balor club shirt in the empty arena!!!!

Didn’t he only post that after he was home safely or am I misremembering

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ah yes the Mick Foley Montreal gambit.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

prince devitt was so cool, finn balor is loving lame

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

kevin sullivan as wcw head booker gambit

where aew gets the new radicalz

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
so was this in the works before Vince got canned last year? it had to be.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

It’s the New Day Separation Pledge now

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The Grey posted:

Didn't Sami just sign a new contract? I don't see this as a reason for being able to break it.

Last January, so probably at least 2 years left.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

RealityWarCriminal posted:

so was this in the works before Vince got canned last year? it had to be.

I feel like either that or it was in the works shortly after Vince "willingly retired", and everyone was trying to keep him out of the loop until the deal was done.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vince could have been setting it up while he was off doing nothing. He still had full control of the company whenever he felt like exercising it so what would have stopped him?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1613173749620121602?s=46&t=xP7D0uLMTY6yjG1MR1zXFg

this is like twitter “dying” multiple times over the past few months

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I would be shocked if any wrestler, including Sami, walked out over this. Fired, on the other hand…

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

History Comes Inside! posted:

Didn’t he only post that after he was home safely or am I misremembering

lol if so

A lot of wrestlers are going to suddenly remember their second pool needs funding after this actually goes through

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I would believe it as WWE had performed my personal 9-11 6 months earlier.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Whoolighams posted:

lol if so

A lot of wrestlers are going to suddenly remember their second pool needs funding after this actually goes through

https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/1137154614095163392

Show was the day before the tweet lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/brandonthurston/status/1613176189610299396?s=46&t=kLQV5HsnK1IUjIGX3r5WLQ

Boooooo I say boo, booooo!!!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1613173749620121602?s=46&t=xP7D0uLMTY6yjG1MR1zXFg

It's be very funny if the wrestling journalists worked themselves into another shoot here.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
lol all around

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Vertical Lime posted:

The people out there saying WWE got a huge offer and are feeding rumors out there as a trial balloon to see if it would torch the brand may be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

keithy george posted:

There's maybe some method in Vince's madness, where the masses of money they get from Peacock is bound to dry up. Since interest rates went up, companies aren't going to burn money to get into the streaming bandwagon any more. I think the upcoming TV rights might reflect this future, and the falling ratings too. So it's going to be bad for WWE as a public company. However, Vince taking the reigns, hitching to the new source of unlimited money and washing away all his accountability is good for his sense of self preservation, and hilarious for the future of WWE.

If TV right for Smackdown or the Peacock deal drop from 200M a year to even 190M, that stock is going to TANK like Netflix did. It will be seen as the company trending downward on their primary source of income.

Selling the company now will make the most sense because this future rights deals won’t matter. Everyone will cash out at the stock prices peak.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Vince getting Saudis Arabia into the mix is a way to boost the sale price. There is a huge advantage to NBCU owning the company, because they’ll own all the content they are producing instead of just renting it.

However… I could see Vince coming back purely to sell to Saudi Arabia and remain in charge, because Vince has that existing relationship with all the potential companies that would buy the rights to TV this year in the US. Vince wouldn’t have needed to come back if the sale was to NBCU