Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

man you know the bald one has gotta be mad about being so bald when his brother/half-brother or whatever isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1613207583514365960

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

It honestly seems like what the UK government really wants is to part out the valuable bits of public property that you have left, sell them out to a foreign investor, and then stack the chairs and shut the country down as a going concern.

drat, does it really?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jose posted:

Did the Daniel Morgan murder have anything to do with no cing? I assume so which is why once he got the slightest bit of fame brown moses never mentioned it again

the met's coverup might have been slapstick levels of incompetent, taking years and multiple enquiries to find a trustable stooge that wasn't invoicing MyCrimes.Txt to NOTW up til the day they were appointed to whichever investigation, but the fact that everything just went back to normal after Rees' short prison stay does make you think that nobody was stupid/suicidal enough to let some rando PIs have access to anything that would attract interest from the intelligence services. It was all tabloid poo poo, so the murder may have been as simple as "Morgan had enough evidence to nail a bunch of people running a criminal extortion ring against MPs and royals".

Alan Holmes looks way more like the sort of tragic and unforseeable suicide that occus when you have evidence of something a nation state does not want you to have evidence of

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

ex post facho posted:

it is truly amazing how successful brexit has been in getting the uk to thoroughly dismantle itself

yeah it owns.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It's not like they weren't told that this would all happen.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/jennirsl/status/1612873215566569473

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

wait you're saying that dumping raw sewage into the ocean is bad?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's actually very normal to kill all life in the North Sea

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Casey Finnigan posted:

man you know the bald one has gotta be mad about being so bald when his brother/half-brother or whatever isn't

Oh, he's well on his way

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Spangly A posted:

He's nowhere near that cool, he's just been leaning into "heir and a spare" which is a perfectly normal way for our psychopathic landed elite to describe their children while being off-putting to everyone else

Everyone who's played Crusader Kings is nodding along

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Tarnop posted:

Everyone who's played Crusader Kings is nodding along

An heir, a spare, and one that I force to join the church.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Casey Finnigan posted:

Harry's hair is real?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Harry's hair is real?
he has the hair of someone with the chutzpah to cuck the future king

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Good news for the UK as 2023 is declared the year of Trollopification. I am becoming fully trollopified.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/aoifegracemoore/status/1613144344952799232

caught a 'perfidious albion' in the wild in this article

https://www.politico.eu/article/ireland-northern-sinn-fein-mary-lou-mcdonald-protocols-collide/amp/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Posting this to piss off everyone as much as me

https://twitter.com/itvpeston/status/1613292102754131970?t=zeaMOObZtadt2bDn9BeiBA&s=19

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

Casey Finnigan posted:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

forkboy84 posted:

Well according to brain genius David Quantick Das Kapital is responsible for "billions" of dead

capitalism is the best economic system so it cant be responsible for any downsides

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

spankmeister posted:

wait you're saying that dumping raw sewage into the ocean is bad?

all that shilling and farthing directly into the ocean has really backfired

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
have you guys considered doing Brexit again

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

keep punching joe posted:

It's not like they weren't told that this would all happen.

Here come the REMOANERS going on about PROJECT FEAR again. What do experts in trade and financial policy really know anyway, we have just got to BELEAVE!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

crepeface posted:

I'm still technically a member of the northern independence party. I'll even vote for them if they stand a candidate in my bit of Newcastle otherwise I'm going to stay home voting day and take an ungodly amount of xanax

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

politicsjoe just did a vox pop through some miserable town which is the safest tory seat in the country, and everyone there was completely bereft of any ideas and the general malaise is almost palpable

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jel Shaker posted:

politicsjoe just did a vox pop through some miserable town which is the safest tory seat in the country, and everyone there was completely bereft of any ideas and the general malaise is almost palpable

That's nothing new, it's just standard England

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
They'll all still vote tory dw

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

crepeface posted:

I’ve considered just sinking the whole place which is similar

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/hannahrosewoods/status/1613499764603244551?s=20

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
lmao

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Every ex-MPs made up consultant job now completely exempt from tax, forever. One weird trick

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Is the (public facing) narrative still that "there are lots of people who are able to work but refuse to because :shrug: "?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Literally thousands of 70 year old ex-nurses who would like nothing more than to do 18 hour shifts mopping up piss and poo poo but are cruelly prevented from doing so by the manacles of taxation

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Morter posted:

Is the (public facing) narrative still that "there are lots of people who are able to work but refuse to because :shrug: "?

I think the UK is pretty solidly in the "don't even have to pretend anymore" phase

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
'please take my fat NHS megapension back and let me triage 4000 patients an hour' I say as the cigar chomping union boss blows smoke in my face

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/real-life/i-quit-after-one-year-25957253

quote:

Just a year after qualifying, Mailu quit her job and moved to Australia, where she now works as an ice cream café assistant making £17 an hour - which she says is almost £4 more than her hourly rate as a nurse.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Oh so basically they are making GBS threads the bed about the polls and want to buy off boomer tories even more with the promise of no tax and somehow not getting their heads removed by an angry mob.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

be 50 in the u.k. - own or nearly own your own home, final salary pension, zero tax, veto on any renewables being built within 100 miles of your abode because you think they’re an eyesore

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Probably eligible for cut price public transport offers as well.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Is 50 boomer now? As it's very much in the strong birth rate decline of the 70s. Pretty much all boomers with means are now retired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Betjeman posted:

Is 50 boomer now? As it's very much in the strong birth rate decline of the 70s. Pretty much all boomers with means are now retired

At least using the US definition, the baby boom was 46-64 so the youngest boomers are almost 60. 50 year olds are firmly GenX.

Not that it matters in the UK you're all just elizabethans lol