Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
As someone who regularly gets 3-4 cards off of Adam Warlock, I would like to see Darkhawk at least once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Running thanos is so much more interactive and fun than galactus, with lots of interesting decisions, so of course galactus is the degenerate ladder card

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I just went from never having seen Galactus to getting hosed by him 4 games in a row, did I miss something?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Tender Bender posted:

Galactus is just a dumb loving card, he was fine as a lol random option but now that people can buy him he's just stupid. "The rest of the match to this point is irrelevant and one player knew to set up for this and has answers in hand" just feels bad to run into, and "the opponent has one empty site on Turn 3 or 4" is not a unique enough situation that you can reasonably see it coming.

As a Galactus player, you don’t want to just rely on Galactus alone to win you the lane so you can look for other tells like

- Goblins being dumped into the empty lane
- Electro for the t5 Galactus
- Wolverine when the rest of the deck doesn’t seem too destructiony (Especially a Hulkbustered Wolverine)
- Adam Warlock, which generally indicates some gimmick deck with a vital card e.g. Galactus, Mr Negative, etc

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Galactus is just a dumb loving card, he was fine as a lol random option but now that people can buy him he's just stupid. "The rest of the match to this point is irrelevant and one player knew to set up for this and has answers in hand" just feels bad to run into, and "the opponent has one empty site on Turn 3 or 4" is not a unique enough situation that you can reasonably see it coming.

Indeed. He was hilarious and fun when the only way to get him was random distribution. Playing against someone setup to run him feels awful.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Just look for the obvious signs for galactus, like pass pass wave and electro -> leech. No one else does these.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Sandwolf posted:

I just went from never having seen Galactus to getting hosed by him 4 games in a row, did I miss something?

Slowly but steadily more people get him. It's a taste of how awful it'll be a few months down the road.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

The grouping for matchmaking is wild. Post CL 600, some combination of deck construction and other factors (current competitive rank? how much the devs hate you at a personal level?) means you can be in for repeated beatings by the same handful of decks. Changing your deck can sometimes work, but most reliable way is to walk away for a while.

The matchmaking also makes 3rd party stats unreliable. With Second Diner's finger planted firmly on the scales of opponent distribution, it is not possible for those on the outside to gather accurate data about deck strength.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 11, 2023

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

buffalo all day posted:

Running thanos is so much more interactive and fun than galactus, with lots of interesting decisions, so of course galactus is the degenerate ladder card
Galactus takes 15s to land and pew pews the other lanes as he comes down

Then, the galactus player snaps

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Maneck posted:

The grouping for matchmaking is wild. Post CL 600, some combination of deck construction and other factors (current competitive rank? how much the devs hate you at a personal level?) means you can be in for repeated beatings by the same handful of decks. Changing your deck can sometimes work, but most reliable way is to walk away for a while.

The matchmaking also makes 3rd party stats unreliable. With Second Diner's finger planted firmly on the scales of opponent distribution, it is not possible for those on the outside to gather accurate data about deck strength.

The "this matchmaking sucks" title is the best and most accurate one. I appreciate they tried to do something different but it's a stinker.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Sandwolf posted:

It's the featured location. Electro, which is a key component of Galactus decks that want to get him out early, REALLY loves locations where things die. And this one even gives you +2 energy for it, which is crazy good.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
People playing Storm into this location are party poopers. I was so stoked to have Deadpool in hand. I won the game but not in spectacular fashion.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

uXs posted:

On degenerate locations like this you need to be running a deck that takes full advantage of it. Embrace the madness.

I found a deck that did but now it seems like everyone is countering so back to my normals

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I should feel bad. I don't but I should.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
OK im seeing just full on control now with this location featured. May take a break. Sucks because it actually was fun with the right deck. I no longer wanted to STORM that bitch :(

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the_american_dream posted:

OK im seeing just full on control now with this location featured. May take a break. Sucks because it actually was fun with the right deck. I no longer wanted to STORM that bitch :(

Been pretty lucky in the low 80s facing people engaging with the deck. Lots of fist bumps, etc. People can’t stay mad at you if you’re flinging infinity stones around

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

buffalo all day posted:

Been pretty lucky in the low 80s facing people engaging with the deck. Lots of fist bumps, etc. People can’t stay mad at you if you’re flinging infinity stones around

Yea i bitch too much in this thread but it would be fun if most other players i ran into just embraced it but at the same time my first thought was gently caress that location so cant blame them completely.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I enjoyed the location until I started seeing Galactus cheated out early like 10 times in a row. I'll be happy when it's just in rotation.

I did however get a 32 power Deadpool. Fucker's just a free drop on there every turn.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I just got deadpool death and venom two days ago, this location felt like christmas for my destruction deck.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Deadpool is dumb with the featured, since you can’t really interact with it otherwise I guess I’m relegated to trying to Armor that lane every game so my opponent doesn’t always get 10 free energy and 32 power

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think its funny that if the location reveals on T3 deadpool ends up a 1/8 on turn 6. So you spent 4 mana doing what the hood does in 2 every game.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

No Wave posted:

I think its funny that if the location reveals on T3 deadpool ends up a 1/8 on turn 6. So you spent 4 mana doing what the hood does in 2 every game.

I mean isn't the demon from Hood 1/6 so it ends up being 4 net power if you can't get rid of the -2 from Hood or am I missing something.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah I'm assuming the hood gets killed (once) compared to deadpool getting killed (3 times).

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

You also get 1 extra energy per turn after you pay to play him again.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ahhhh you're right. This isnt death's domain. My bad.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
And extra activations for Death

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

if anyone else got lucky on thanos here’s the list, it’s super fun and you can get some left field wins from leader and armor on altar of death.

# (1) Deadpool
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Armor
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (6) Leader
# (6) Thanos
# (6) She-Hulk
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGV2aWxEaW5vc2F1ciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhhbm9zIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRobG9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWFkcG9vbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVRdWVlbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlYWRlciJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
I had such a freebie on Altar: It was the first location, and I had Deadpool, Moongirl, and Death in hand, so I could double-drop Deadpool from Turn 3, and had two free Deaths by the end.

Never snapped so hard!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I wish we could emote on locations.

Also an emote for 'oh poo poo I forgot to end turn, I'm sorry'

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

uXs posted:

I do this so much.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

y_y posted:

I had such a freebie on Altar: It was the first location, and I had Deadpool, Moongirl, and Death in hand, so I could double-drop Deadpool from Turn 3, and had two free Deaths by the end.

Never snapped so hard!

if only I had Death I could join in in the party. I'm just getting blown out by Death instead. If I see a Deadpool drop round 1 or 2 I just retreat now

Aghama
Jul 24, 2002

We eat fish, tossed salads

goferchan posted:

Certainly don't buy She-Hulk right now as they just announced she'll be moving to series 3 in the next update.
Bought her 2 days ago with my first 3000 tokens :mad:

At least I pulled Magik from a chest immediately afterwards and am having decent success them + Infinaut.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

uXs posted:

I wish we could emote on locations.

I realised a while back why this happened to me from time to time. If you click end turn at exactly the same time as the opponent snaps, your End Turn will be cancelled (to allow you to retreat). But sometimes the timing is a little off so you think you have clicked End Turn but actually you havent.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

No one answer this!!

You need to find out on your own. Trust me you’ll appreciate it. You’ll come across the answer soon enough :grin:

Well it finally happened. Very funny, hah hah. Glad I had my sound on at least.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Ran into a 72 power knull on this location, guess I'll go gently caress myself

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I am enjoying the location baiting leader enjoyers into playing him early and losing priority for odin which is then cosmo'd :D

cgeq posted:

Well it finally happened. Very funny, hah hah. Glad I had my sound on at least.

Hell yea hahaha did you win?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Thanks thread for that Destroyer deck I've never obliterated so many confident turn 4 snaps. Just dropping a 15 power dude on these suckers.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The Raft gave me 0 cost leader which I just replayed over and over into Lukes Bar

THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE USE

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Raft gave me 0 cost leader which I just replayed over and over into Lukes Bar

THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE USE
You monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Push El Burrito posted:

Thanks thread for that Destroyer deck I've never obliterated so many confident turn 4 snaps. Just dropping a 15 power dude on these suckers.

One of the issues with this deck is that it's painfully obvious what you're trying to do relatively early but I guess that doesn't matter a lot of the time. Also, it's a little boring to play.

Also I just beat an extremely similar destroyer list with death wave Zola a couple minutes ago. It just puts out so many points if things align.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 12, 2023