Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I had purchased an innerspring mattress from Costco and it only lasted about three years before it really sagged. My husband called the store about returning it and they basically told him they'd take it back but that it was the wrong thing to do.

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

strap it to the roof of your car because who cares what the condition is

and latex is the mattress material you want to look for. either 100% latex or a few inches of latex over innerspring

We bought a 100% latex mattress (not from Costco, from SleepEZ) after we got rid of the innerspring, and it's been amazing. I will never go back to innerspring mattresses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got a nice Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid when I bought by house in 2015. I still have it. It started not feeling so well after a few years and maybe 2 years ago I got a firm memory foam topper for it and I love it. I really don't want to go through the process of getting a new bed again so I'm just trying to get more mileage out of it.

I essentially can't sleep on my back though and I "sleep violently" according to the tech from last sleep study I had. I wake up 20 times a night and toss over and over and the foam pad has been pretty good for all of weird rear end positions I end up in.

This is what I got. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XKJKKGW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 12, 2023

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im saving boxes from costco trips to build my house. hopefully it doesnt rain or else its back to square one :ohdear:

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

mariooncrack posted:

The cinnamon loaves are back too I think.

Don't toy with my heart like this

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chinatown posted:

im saving boxes from costco trips to build my house. hopefully it doesnt rain or else its back to square one :ohdear:

boxes that never quite seem to make sense for anything besides exactly the thing they were meant to hold

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Returned my 4 year-old to Costco because my wife's birth control didn't work. Thought they would make it really difficult, but they didn't seem to care.

They don’t resell those you know, it’s just in a dumpster out back now.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Purple 3 and Purple 4 are the only mattresses that should exist all other mattress makers should be forcibly shutdown and if their owners resist they should be put to death.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Tiny Timbs posted:

boxes that never quite seem to make sense for anything besides exactly the thing they were meant to hold

Incidentally they're decent for trunk organization, since we're talking about cars and Costco

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Chronojam posted:

Incidentally they're decent for trunk organization, since we're talking about cars and Costco

A couple trips ago I grabbed a couple of the larger boxes the avocados come in thinking they'd be nice for holding other groceries. Each one holds three reusable grocery bags and a gallon of milk nicely.

Since then, I've taken them out and left them in my garage more than I've used them. Seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

We bought a 100% latex mattress (not from Costco, from SleepEZ) after we got rid of the innerspring, and it's been amazing. I will never go back to innerspring mattresses.

I am full body sweating just thinking about it.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Hasselblad posted:

Mattresses breath from the bottom. If you go foam, you really want a European style bed frame with slats instead of a completely solid base.

Also memory foam gets warm as it compresses but latex doesn’t. I have a couch with memory foam cushions and it sucks in the summer.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Yeah but what are people allergic to latex supposed to use?

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I got one from sleepez like 10 years ago, and it's been great. Being able to replace just the cover or a layer that's too soft has also been nice.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Hasselblad posted:

The funny thing is that I run so, so warm. I sleep incredibly hot. But I haven't had any issues with this bed, except when we've had crazy heat waves and we don't have air conditioning.

No Pants posted:

I got one from sleepez like 10 years ago, and it's been great. Being able to replace just the cover or a layer that's too soft has also been nice.

Yeah that was definitely one of the bonuses! I think we bought ours about 9 years ago now.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

Purple 3 and Purple 4 are the only mattresses that should exist all other mattress makers should be forcibly shutdown and if their owners resist they should be put to death.

I did not like purple mattresses at all. Like, laid down and only stayed down for maybe 180 seconds because it was so uncomfortable

I hated going to a mattress store cause damnit, my comfort did indeed scale with price :argh:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

In 2016 Honda offered $500 off on a Pilot with Costco pricing. We ended up getting a Ford Edge not through Costco because the dealer gave us $6500 off. In 2019 I got $9000 off a Chevy Colorado just by emailing every dealer within two hours.

Post COVID car prices are mental. I wouldn't buy a domestic brand because they no longer discount. If you can buy a foreign brand for MSRP, you're better off because they never really discounted much in the first place.

I need a new mattress. I've got a 13 year old Stearns and Foster inner spring mattress, which is honestly still holding up great in my opinion. Probably moving up to a king from the queen.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

david_a posted:

Mattresses breath from the bottom. If you go foam, you really want a European style bed frame with slats instead of a completely solid base.

Also memory foam gets warm as it compresses but latex doesn’t. I have a couch with memory foam cushions and it sucks in the summer.

You have to have a solid base for foam though or it sags between the slats and is slowly damaged irreparably. Ask me how I know.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

david_a posted:

Trying to wrap my brain around how breathing from the bottom helps if one sleeps on the top. Our temperpedic has open box supports with fabric around the openings underneath. Withholding belief that latex is any different until I actually try one.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You have to have a solid base for foam though or it sags between the slats and is slowly damaged irreparably. Ask me how I know.

Yeah you have to get platform beds with a lot of slats and not just reuse beds meant for use with box spring

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Yeah but what are people allergic to latex supposed to use?

Sheets!

Psion posted:

I know Jif had that absolutely enormous peanut butter recall a while back which probably bodyslammed their supply for a long time but I've seen zero sign of peanut butter other than creamy skippy at any costco near me, anyone seen something else at theirs? It's weird.

All I've seen is creamy Skippy for months now, which sucks cause I only really like crunchy.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Johnny Truant posted:

I did not like purple mattresses at all. Like, laid down and only stayed down for maybe 180 seconds because it was so uncomfortable

I hated going to a mattress store cause damnit, my comfort did indeed scale with price :argh:

Why kinda mattress price is comfortable to you then because a purple 4 is like $3800

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

Why kinda mattress price is comfortable to you then because a purple 4 is like $3800

I think we payed like 4500 for our tempurpedic that came with the remote controlled frame thingy. The store we were at def didn't have those fancy purples afaik

I'm not gonna skimp on something like a bed tho!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm not gonna skimp on something like a bed tho!

NEVER skimp on your bed. :hmmyes:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bed and kitchen. I'll never have qualms about expensive stuff for those two things

Bathroom is a close third though, like a fancy bidet is life changing, and a towel warmer is something I never thought I'd care about but drat is it nice

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Johnny Truant posted:

Bed and kitchen. I'll never have qualms about expensive stuff for those two things

Bathroom is a close third though, like a fancy bidet is life changing, and a towel warmer is something I never thought I'd care about but drat is it nice

I just added an outlet next to my toilet and I'm looking forward to going from water pressure to a plug in bidet.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

StormDrain posted:

I just added an outlet next to my toilet and I'm looking forward to going from water pressure to a plug in bidet.

:hai:

When we had electricians unfuck our previous owner bullshit I specifically had them add in an outlet next to the toilet

I have more permanent electrical stuff in my bathroom than the bedroom, lol

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

Happy BB-2000 user since 2014.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Pooping outside my home is now a terrible ordeal in comparison, the only problem with fancy bidets.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

FogHelmut posted:

I wouldn't buy a domestic brand because they no longer discount. If you can buy a foreign brand for MSRP, you're better off because they never really discounted much in the first place.

I don't know, a few months ago we bought a Ford Explorer for a little under MSRP because every import dealer around here not only wouldn't discount but was putting $6k-10k market adjustments on the stickers of pretty much everything on the lot (of which there was not much).

I guess the chip shortage is mostly remedied now but it'll take some time for dealer inventories to catch up, so caveat emptor.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Midniter posted:

I don't know, a few months ago we bought a Ford Explorer for a little under MSRP because every import dealer around here not only wouldn't discount but was putting $6k-10k market adjustments on the stickers of pretty much everything on the lot (of which there was not much).

I guess the chip shortage is mostly remedied now but it'll take some time for dealer inventories to catch up, so caveat emptor.

"Market adjustments" are some bullshit. Why do we eve have a society at all?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Hasselblad posted:

Trying to wrap my brain around how breathing from the bottom helps if one sleeps on the top. Our temperpedic has open box supports with fabric around the openings underneath. Withholding belief that latex is any different until I actually try one.
My latex mattress has many many ~1/4" holes throughout it from the manufacturing process I think. They definitely feel different from a memory foam mattress. I can't remember how the "feel" is described by more knowledgeable people anymore but when comparing it was pretty accurate.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah you have to get platform beds with a lot of slats and not just reuse beds meant for use with box spring

my latex mattress has maximum distance between slats requirements for the 20 year warranty to be honored

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The local Subaru dealer has prices about $4k-8k over MSRP.

I can't imagine buying a car for another few years.

During the pandemic I'd get emails from them all the time begging to buy my Forester.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

FogHelmut posted:

"Market adjustments" are some bullshit. Why do we eve have a society at all?

To improve profits for shareholders, duh.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

Long shot, but does anyone remember which box is the perfect fit for the blue ikea bag? I swear it's been posted in thread before.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Pennywise the Frown posted:

During the pandemic I'd get emails from them all the time begging to buy my Forester.

I think car prices are plummeting, my boss saw some big truck he wanted drop like 30k

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

For cars on the lot yeah. Subaru was notable for being one of the few brands that wasnt charging ADMs when you custom ordered a new car, though that came with a hefty wait time.

Also:

https://la.urbanize.city/post/rumor-confirmed-big-costco-anchored-development-coming-5035-w-coliseum-street

quote:

Developer Thrive Living has announced plans to redevelop a five-acre property at 5035 W. Coliseum Street, formerly home to View Park Community Hospital, with a mixed-use apartment complex featuring a Costco on the ground floor. Located just east of La Brea Avenue, the proposed project would include 800 apartments in a new building composed of prefabricated modular units.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

slurm posted:

I think car prices are plummeting, my boss saw some big truck he wanted drop like 30k

Used car prices are just starting to come down 1-2% points, but new car prices are still trending up. I've seen 2023 outlooks that the new car prices will eventually be down 5% by the end of the year, but we're not even to the top of the curve yet. Sticker prices went up, folks are buying more expensive cars, and fees+adjustments over MSRP are still elevated. Combine all that with increased interest rates and people are paying way more, on average, than a few years ago even accounting for inflation.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Holy poo poo I want to live above a Costco!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Imagine if there was an elevator that deposited you directly in the Costco. You might never have to go outside again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
They built some luxury apartments right next to my Costco recently and I really want to move there. It would be so nice to go out the door, walk like 500 feet and be inside of a Costco. But the rent at that place is more than double what I'm paying now which is insane. I can buy a house and pay less monthly with mortgage/utilities/insurance/etc. than I would if I moved into those stupid apartments right next to Costco.