Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I did a nespresso just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna make more coffee tonight, I'm fading early

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Aw, rip to a legend
https://twitter.com/astroblast65/status/1611031936549412866

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

i don't know if i'm going to be able to use it this week so this might be the final 2 runs for the ol' mr coffee (who is eating its own rear end) (the hot plate is fully rusted and falling apart)

the mr coffee has gone to the great big percolator in the sky. rip and thank you for your service. i handwashed everything on the ninja last night and ran it through its setup process or w/e. it's really nice and well-made i think

we will attempt the first brew with it this thursday

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

the mr coffee has gone to the great big percolator in the sky. rip and thank you for your service. i handwashed everything on the ninja last night and ran it through its setup process or w/e. it's really nice and well-made i think

:patriot:

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
learning my french press and making cold brew extract. seems like a pretty make-your-own-rules thing but i realized i have no idea how to gauge caffeine content so that'll be fun

also, does anybody have suggestions for yummy ways to consume the result?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I recommend tipping it into your mouth

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

graph posted:

why so late in your week?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had 2 coffee yesterday but forgot to post about them until now

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
same but only 1 coffee

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
had a pot of coffee this morning, might take a nap in a bit

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lousy hat posted:

had a pot of coffee this morning, might take a nap in a bit

correct

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

normally don't make a cup on sundays but today just might be different!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Waifu Radia posted:

why so late in your week?

im in the office thurs and fri. i dont drink coffee while wfh

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

graph posted:

i dont drink coffee while wfh

hope that's just a bad joke. mods??

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

im in the office thurs and fri. i dont drink coffee while wfh

hey doofus don't post about not drinking coffee itt unless it's with regret

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

already on my second cup of the monday. this is going well

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
guess what im drinking

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
coffee!!

Sorry i was to excited about it

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

on the reserve beans this morn; out of colombian so on to the guatemalan (i just buy nabob because i know it works).

using my colombian ratios. hope it's still good!!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

had 2 cups today after a fast

think i might have spontaneous stage lxix metacancer (explains lack of bathroom demand)

suspect additional cups will produce full remission

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
using that new Uniqlo mug to make an americano

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Nobody Interesting posted:

on the reserve beans this morn; out of colombian so on to the guatemalan (i just buy nabob because i know it works).

using my colombian ratios. hope it's still good!!

update: it's good!!!

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Captain Foo posted:

had 2 coffee yesterday but forgot to post about them until now

hmm i just did this this morning. might have a post-busy-stuff brew too, who knows?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

one of my best buds is no longer working at my favourite coffee shop. free poo poo is no more.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

having a coffee after lunch

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
got my thermos full of cold brew for when I get to the office :coffeepal:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i stumbled upon this thing on a bike blog today. i have no idea if its worth a poo poo, but it looks cool and i want to play with one. basically a bicycle tire pump you pull espresso shots with. maybe if i ever feel like i have too much money i will buy one and let everyone know how disappointed i am with my purchase.

https://espressoforge.com/product/forge/

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I could see it working. You can get respectable espresso out of manual lever machines like the ones Flair sells, and that seems like a similar concept. I guess it'd depend how easily you can reach and maintain the right pressure & control heat.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i've never even heard of a manual espresso machine until today. those flair ones look pretty cool too and are like half the price :thunk:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

post hole digger posted:

i've never even heard of a manual espresso machine until today. those flair ones look pretty cool too and are like half the price :thunk:

woah me neither neato

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

someone in this thread buy a bripe and review it here for god's sake

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

woah me neither neato

i have a flair and it's great. also, i will never buy a fully automatic espresso maker again. the lever pull ones like 'la pavoni' are just so much better

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

theHUNGERian posted:

I have volunteered to get our team of 7 people a coffee maker. We've been without one for over 10 years now, and I'm tired of not having one. A quick survey of the team suggested that a K-cup machine would be sufficient. Would I be too cheap if I bought one of those [along with a bunch of K-cups]? Headquarters has a super fancy espresso maker they would be willing to spare for us, but it's a maintenance nightmare, and I didn't want to deal with it.

hey yospos if anyone wants to learn this guy a thing please help out bfc. coffee is life

halfway done with my morning 2x double-shot from my home espresso maker

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

coffee is p. good, i like that persons plan of buying a machine that makes it

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

pmchem posted:

hey yospos if anyone wants to learn this guy a thing please help out bfc. coffee is life

halfway done with my morning 2x double-shot from my home espresso maker

They should buy this one

The hood ornament is crucial to the flavor

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

haveing coffee

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

aw frig aw dang it posted:

They should buy this one

The hood ornament is crucial to the flavor

I need a proper contraption like that in my life. no more gadgets. no more gizmos.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

post hole digger posted:

I need a proper contraption like that in my life. no more gadgets. no more gizmos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

PokeJoe posted:

someone in this thread buy a bripe and review it here for god's sake

i got one for xmas. have used it three times so far I think.

it owns. the filter does a pretty good job at filtering. i can brew around 50 ml (I think) in this thing, which is not a lot, but it is what it is. the whole product, with the carrying case, thermometer etc. actually seems really well thought out and put together.

it's also really quick to make a brew. put in your coffee, fill it up with water close to the brim, and fire up the terrifying quad jet torch. heating it up to 180 Fahrenheit takes about a minute (something like that). then stir. then wait for it so sink down to drinkable levels and you're good to go. the whole ordeal is probably quicker than waiting for my kettle to boil its minimum 800 ml.

so far I've just used it at home, but I'm going skiing next weekend. can't wait to Bripe in the wilderness.

Bripe.