Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Inzombiac posted:

I much prefer the goofier elements, so these straight-up horror versions are less than ideal but still a good time.

Same but reverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Army of Darkness is one of the best movies of all time and it's goofy as poo poo from toe to tip.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
first poster for Rascal Does Not Dream Of A Sister Venturing Out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, I saw the first time he did that in 3D like 11 years ago, poo poo was barely 3D.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What kind of science project does James Cameron need money for now?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Aphrodite posted:

A cloning project for Avatar 3

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

Aphrodite, listen to me. The human world, it's a mess. Life unda da sea is better den anyting dey got up dere.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure why making it 4k is going to change much. I doubt it's going to feel any different than the DCP files we all saw the first time.

edit: also someone went a little nuts with a photoshop tool on her hair. Feather? It looks like two different people's hair

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 10, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Good-rear end movie though. The first 3D run was my first time seeing it and I loved it.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

kiimo posted:

I'm not sure why making it 4k is going to change much. I doubt it's going to feel any different than the DCP files we all saw the first time.

edit: also someone went a little nuts with a photoshop tool on her hair. Feather? It looks like two different people's hair

do earrings hang like that?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kiimo posted:

You didn't hear about the re-shoots he add in this cut, with her getting splashed in the face with acid in the middle of the 2nd act and becoming two-face for the rest of the movie and all?

Oh poo poo, sorry spoilers!!!!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know if you can call a producer a visionary

This producer seems to qualify. A lot of producers are involved in different capacities, I wouldn't call an EP a visionary .

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Was flipping through thumbnails and this one got me good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A very Mortdecai marketing tactic, let's see how it works out.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Waffleman_ posted:

Not well...

Also WTF Box Office Mojo got bought out and details are behind a paywall now? gently caress off.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Waffleman_ posted:

Released quite a while ago, don't think it did gangbusters. Which should have not been surprising, it wasn't a great movie.

e;f,b

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
White Male Actor

IS

Character Nobody's Heard Of

IN

Movie Named After the Character Nobody's Heard Of

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

King Vidiot posted:

White Male Actor

IS

IN

This is honestly why I didn't watch John Wick (except for the white actor part) until I saw a youtube clip of the red circle shootout.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

King Vidiot posted:

White Male Actor

IS

IN

I think Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever was the worst for that just as it had two random people no one ever heard of, with the most try hard stupid sounding names, that were meant to be all psyched up about them fighting against each other?

Everything about that title was the worst.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The only movie where the video game adaptation was better

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GrandpaPants posted:

This is honestly why I didn't watch John Wick (except for the white actor part) until I saw a youtube clip of the red circle shootout.

John Wick was marketed as Keanu Reeves going back to doing cool action poo poo and it delivered in spades.

Turns out people really like Keanu Reeves, and they really like seeing him do cool action poo poo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

dr_rat posted:

I think Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever was the worst for that just as it had two random people no one ever heard of, with the most try hard stupid sounding names, that were meant to be all psyched up about them fighting against each other?

Everything about that title was the worst.

Supposedly because it was always meant to star two A list leads but as the project actually came to fruition they ended up with Banderas and Liu

Personally I think it sounds like a direct to video sequel of a franchise.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you have a double feature of Ecks vs. Sever and Ultraviolet, your brain shuts down to baseline delta waves.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Supposedly because it was always meant to star two A list leads but as the project actually came to fruition they ended up with Banderas and Liu

Personally I think it sounds like a direct to video sequel of a franchise.

Name still would of sucked even if it was Arnie vs Van Damme, although I guess it would of at least made some sense.

Honestly they didn't do too bad with the leads. Quite like Banderas as an action star. Desperado a straight up Classic, and Liu's fine if a bit bland and she can pull off a fight scene well enough (would certainly put her well above trash like Segal.)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I thought goons would have liked a movie called Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever more.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It's good, watched it New Year's Day

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mister Chief posted:

I thought goons would have liked a movie called Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever more.

Nice

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Goddamn his lower hand, and her left arm. Just look at it! I love these posters so much, the ones where the longer you look, the more you can see how bad it is.

Her hair as well, two different hairstyles, or is that Leo sporting some sort of side ponytail that sprouts out behind her?

Kate looking down at the title with a vague look of derision is pretty good. '3d?? They're still trying with that old poo poo?'

Top-tier bad poster. Reminds me of this classic in a lot of ways.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Maybe next re-release they'll get the hair right.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

they should've studied the way of the water more

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
One of my favorite bad posters was this Battle Royale poster/cover they used for the Blu ray in ~2011

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

kdrudy posted:

It's good, watched it New Year's Day

Yeah, it ruled. Not as poignant a movie as Shin Godzilla but not trying to be. Felt like if you made like All-Star Superman into a movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The effect when you first see Ultraman actually transform is really cool. Also any time anyone used an energy attack it was really well done.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I liked that a lot of the energy attacks had like an old school rotoscoped look to them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I unfortunately couldn't get into it! :( The battles were alright but the plot of everything just seemed so hokey. I loved Shin Godzilla and thought we'd be getting more of that. This seemed nothing like that.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

spanky the dolphin posted:

Maybe next re-release they'll get the hair right.

lol at the little bump they accidentally put in her forehead when straightening the hair

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

her arm isn't just bad it's like backwards?

muscles like this! posted:

The effect when you first see Ultraman actually transform is really cool. Also any time anyone used an energy attack it was really well done.

Saw this and for some reason thought you mean Automan, all 12 glorious episodes of it.

JFC I'm old.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
From a really bad trailer in the trailer thread, I figured the poster also had to be bad.