Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
When I have cosmo in hand and snap my opponent's T4 wong my opponents stay in 85% of the time. I would too if I were them probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001
I really wish featured locations were featured for less time. Altar was fun for a day or so but like… this one requires such gimmicky decks. Countering it as soon as the location is revealed can be inconsistent. Enough!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

When I have cosmo in hand and snap my opponent's T4 wong my opponents stay in 85% of the time. I would too if I were them probably.

If you snapped my wong you'd better believe I'd come after you and kick your rear end.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dekk posted:

I really wish featured locations were featured for less time. Altar was fun for a day or so but like… this one requires such gimmicky decks. Countering it as soon as the location is revealed can be inconsistent. Enough!

And this is probably the least disruptive of the upcoming set.

Jan. 18- 20, Rickety Bridge: After each turn, if there is more than one card here, destroy them.
Jan. 25 -27, Collapsed Mine: Fill this location with Rocks. Skip a turn to destroy your Rocks.
Feb. 1-3, Plunder Castle: Only cards that cost 6 can be played here.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Altar is waaay more game changing than those it gives ramp.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No Wave posted:

Max is replaceable. He can be meta but I prefer polaris in non-leech decks cause giving my oppoment their surfer is so bad and polaris can do amazing things at weird times. Granted you may also not own polaris.

Polaris is tricky, she drops early enough that I never see her coming. Aero I at least have in the back of my mind going into T5.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

But it ramps agnostically. Most decks can make use of that extra energy.

Skipping an entire turn to clear a location is not something most decks want to do.

Edit: think how annoying Galactus will be when the location it lands on is full of rocks on your side.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Altar is a really cool location to have in the pool but a really bad featured one because it’s easy to abuse in a variety of ways with Death, Deadpool, Leech, Galactus, etc.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No Wave posted:

lol get ready for the Debrii meta around rickety bridge then. Or maybe even viper.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

As I understand it if you and your opponent have a card on bridge they both die. So yeah you can play bucky there T6 and its great but it's not ramping out galactus.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 12, 2023

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

No Wave posted:

I think snapping at T4 wong is likely far more likely to net you 1 cube than hurt you ever, whether you have disruption or not.

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 12, 2023

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Speaking of people not spotting the Odin lane.

I'm currently at rank 80 and this happens more often than it should. Lane with Wolfsbane dropped solo on turn 3. Surfer on turn 5. LETS SEND HOBGOB THERE ON 6!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

Speaking of people not spotting the Odin lane.

I'm currently at rank 80 and this happens more often than it should. Lane with Wolfsbane dropped solo on turn 3. Surfer on turn 5. LETS SEND HOBGOB THERE ON 6!

tbf I think hardly anyone runs Odin in Surfer lists because it’s generally worse than 2-3 3 drops on 6, although I guess seeing Surfer on 5 is a bit of a tell

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Yeah, it's not optimal by any stretch, but it's outside the meta enough to work.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Skippy McPants posted:

Skipping an entire turn to clear a location is not something most decks want to do.
Even if it does show up, in the majority of those games it's gonna be Turn 1 or 2 which is an easy skip all things considered.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Hauki posted:

tbf I think hardly anyone runs Odin in Surfer lists because it’s generally worse than 2-3 3 drops on 6, although I guess seeing Surfer on 5 is a bit of a tell

I run Odin in my Sera Surfer Magik Hazmat deck because you can drop any of the 3s (now 2) plus Odin (now 5) on t7. It's the best case scenario of course. Wong - Hazmat - t6 Odin is enough to win most matches though if you can get Cage down earlier. Lots of "ifs" here, but it seems to work more often than I'd otherwise think it should.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Mad I just started teching in Death into all my decks for a free 12

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Hooray, got to infinite! Now I can play all sorts of crazy decks and not give a poo poo about cubes :)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

uXs posted:

Hooray, got to infinite! Now I can play all sorts of crazy decks and not give a poo poo about cubes :)
Care to share the deck? Nothing feels very good for me atm.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

No Wave posted:

As I understand it if you and your opponent have a card on bridge they both die. So yeah you can play bucky there T6 and its great but it's not ramping out galactus.

No, it's if there's more than one card there. If you have two cards there, they both die.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

So if you somehow lock down the other lanes, Wolverine would rule the bridge?

Like one full lane, and Prof X in another.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 12, 2023

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Any of you folks know around when I can expect to finish series 3? I'm at CL 3010 and I still feel like I'm missing a bunch of cards I want and it's driving me kinda nuts. At least I got this clutch human torch just now! That's definitely the one I was missing!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jedit posted:

No, it's if there's more than one card there. If you have two cards there, they both die.
Yes - but if you and your opponent each have one card they'll both die correct? The wording is different from Atlantis for example.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

canyonero posted:

I run Odin in my Sera Surfer Magik Hazmat deck because you can drop any of the 3s (now 2) plus Odin (now 5) on t7. It's the best case scenario of course. Wong - Hazmat - t6 Odin is enough to win most matches though if you can get Cage down earlier. Lots of "ifs" here, but it seems to work more often than I'd otherwise think it should.

Share your deck? I’m always looking for variations on Hazmat degeneracy.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I am now here to complain about Leech.

Make that poo poo a 5/-1000, thanks
(Made worse by this location)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Studio posted:

I am now here to complain about Leech.

Make that poo poo a 5/-1000, thanks
(Made worse by this location)

Leech is the best! He's just so happy to see you, every time. Look!

Edit: really, though, he's annoying but the game would suck a lot more without him.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Burginator posted:

Any of you folks know around when I can expect to finish series 3? I'm at CL 3010 and I still feel like I'm missing a bunch of cards I want and it's driving me kinda nuts. At least I got this clutch human torch just now! That's definitely the one I was missing!

3200-3400 if you don't buy any S3 for tokens.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

No Wave posted:

Care to share the deck? Nothing feels very good for me atm.

I'm sure you'll love it, it features your favourite card...

And it was specifically made for this featured location, so after today it will be pretty bad since there's like 4 cards in there that will be much worse without it.

# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Armor
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Electro
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Spider-Man
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Galactus
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2FsYWN0dXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBzeWxvY2tlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbHZlcmluZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGtidXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

Leech is the best! He's just so happy to see you, every time. Look!

Edit: really, though, he's annoying but the game would suck a lot more without him.

I'm getting hit by Leeches on turn 3 to 4 regularly right now because of the location lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ty!

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Nikumatic posted:

Share your deck? I’m always looking for variations on Hazmat degeneracy.

# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Hazmat
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (4) Wong
# (5) Magik
# (5) Sera
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGF6bWF0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMdWtlQ2FnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFnaWsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBzeWxvY2tlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCcm9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29sZnNiYW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb25nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaWx2ZXJTdXJmZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJvZ3VlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uaGVhcnQifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Battle mode sounds cool.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Just hit my opponenet with the most hilarious reversal of fortune. Altar reveals turn 1, I pass and they drop Deadpool on it. Turn 2 I slam Scarlet Witch down because gently caress that noise, but they have priority and drop Deadpool again, and also Sabretooth. Scarlet Witch flips and turns Altar of Death into... The Peak. :v:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I got to live the dream with a Turn 1 0/4 Mr. Negative. Never snapped so hard in my life. Easiest two cubes on turn two of my life.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I just pulled two lovely star lord variants in one sitting. I hate this game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

idk that first one you got (not the Pixel one) looks p cool

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

They should buff all of the "opponent played a card here" cards. And not a Buff/nerf like they gave Drax, just a straight +1 power to the On Reveal for every single one. As a 2/5 on his upside Star-Lord would be almost decent. Still not Lizard good, but not quite as DoA.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lol that's what star lord is, he just misses more than lizard gets turned off and scorpion is broken. Rocket and gams are basically playable. The issue imo is that 2/3/4 cost cards its too hard to tell where your opponent is playing (I won't count drax being played in low spender zabu decks thats a special situation)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 12, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

Lol that's what star lord is.

Oh god, he is. I thought he was +2. Sorry, 2/6, then. He still wouldn't be on par with Lizard but right now every single card from that whole line is unplayable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

Oh god, he is. I thought he was +2. Sorry, 2/6, then. He still wouldn't be on par with Lizard but right now every single card from that whole line is unplayable.

Drax is playable, but only because Zabu exists.