Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

New Leaf posted:

My Moon Girl / Devil Dino isn't working out like it used to for that. Something always comes up.. Losing cubes left and right.

Oddly, this deck has got me to 8/15 in about an hour.

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Zero
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (4) Attuma
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXR0dW1hIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXYXNwIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ilplcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYWN1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkthWmFyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZWRTa3VsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFudE1hbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It isn't optimal, but when it works, it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Forcing myself to change decks every time I lose has done wonders for my enjoyment of the game and my blood pressure. Plus I finally feel like I have enough cards to be somewhat competitive, and have a decent variety of decks.

Also, just to repeat my earlier PSA: Don't Leader a Surfer deck. You're going to lose.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Had someone drop Morph into a node I had like 5 power on, it morphed into Professor X, then he immediately quit. Feels good.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just had my third Leader deck of the night try to copy my turn 6 Surfer play. :D

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Walla posted:

Also Beast is great for Angela/Bishop or any character whose stats increase since they keep those increases after going back into your hand. A 1/8 Angela that you can continue to buff is powerful.

It's still a good combo, but just fyi she'd only be a 1/6 barring other shenanigans, as I learned earlier today. Beast sends her back to hand before her buff triggers. This is consistent with cards not being considered fully "played" until their on reveal completely resolves.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

TengenNewsEditor posted:

win rounds with only one location 0/15

You mean, win location with only one card? Venom, but failing that Infinaut.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Cattail Prophet posted:

It's still a good combo, but just fyi she'd only be a 1/6 barring other shenanigans, as I learned earlier today. Beast sends her back to hand before her buff triggers. This is consistent with cards not being considered fully "played" until their on reveal completely resolves.

A 1/6 that can be buffed further is still pretty good.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Setec_Astronomy posted:

This has been true from the start of the token shop, it’s just very rare. It’s a 2.5% chance for the shop to show you an “Ultimate Variant” on any given rotation assuming you are not S3 complete.

You can be S3 incomplete and still get ultimate variants in the token shop.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

PJOmega posted:

You can be S3 incomplete and still get ultimate variants in the token shop.

thats what they said

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Things I just learned: Leader works with both Wong and Odin

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Walla posted:

Forcing myself to change decks every time I lose has done wonders for my enjoyment of the game and my blood pressure. Plus I finally feel like I have enough cards to be somewhat competitive, and have a decent variety of decks.

I try to do this as well. What's rough is when it feels like no matter what deck I play I have difficulty getting wins.

This game can certainly giveth, and taketh away too. Two days ago I had a great streak of wins taking me from 46 to 49, and a few cubes away from 50. I was winning lots of games with the two decks I was playing, snapping well, and beating opponents when they snapped.

I tried to play carefully to get myself to 50 but it's now been a slow decline back down to 47. Seems like no matter what I play the last two days my opponents have answers. Also kind of can't help but be amused by being matched up against similar decks to one's I had been trying, only to lose to those after I wasn't finding any wins.

Found it interesting how the start of the last two seasons felt the same. I would struggle to find good footing with a deck for awhile until somehow after continuing to rotate through the same decks I start getting wins again. Two steps forward one step back seems very common (but sometimes it's two step forward 5 steos back).

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
There needs to be a "I just want to do the mission" emote.

Edit: Just did Nodes Change Turn 4, Loser has cards destroyed after Turn 4, Can't play cards here after Turn 4 game. That was a weird rear end turn 4 let me tell you.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I hate when I hot 60 in ranks. I was chuggin along fine until I hit it and now I am struggling to STAY in 60. I was playing with Shuri Zero.

But it's not working as well as it was. Even Darkhawk decks aren't pulling the weight. Might just try a Surfer or control deck while I grind for Galactus. Any ideas to chug though 60's ranks?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

I hate when I hot 60 in ranks. I was chuggin along fine until I hit it and now I am struggling to STAY in 60. I was playing with Shuri Zero.

But it's not working as well as it was. Even Darkhawk decks aren't pulling the weight. Might just try a Surfer or control deck while I grind for Galactus. Any ideas to chug though 60's ranks?

I'm chugging along in the 80s with Zabu and Random 4 Drop Bullshit. Iceman is probably a non-bo with Enchantress, but my non-Zabu win con is getting any of the cheap drops in a lane, storming it, and hoping for spiderman blocking out a lane on turn 6 to lead to a win. My Zabu win-con is just spamming the board with dumb bullshit. This deck is probably better with Rockslide and Darkhawk tho.

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Storm
# (3) Zabu
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Spider-Man
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (4) Drax
# (4) White Queen
# (4) Crossbones
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJheCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDcm9zc2JvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVzc2ljYUpvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVF1ZWVuIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Waffleopolis posted:

you are tilting me with these cards you own. what are you losing to?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

No Wave posted:

While the cards are nuts, I think there is some over engineered combo-dependency in there. Wong only benefits Shuri and Zola, and I don't think there's a huge benefit in going for 40+ power cards when 20+ will usually do the trick. The Zola combo is alright, but doesn't work well with Shuri's doubling, is easily disruptable, etc. How often is She-Hulk the right play? I feel like this deck needs to focus more, like add in Lizard and Enchantress and go for the self-silencing. I also don't know how often She-Hulk would get dropped in this deck, since you REALLY need to begin making big plays on turn 4.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

No Wave posted:

Honestly a lot of times it's been bad draws or location combos and losing 50/50 combinations. Usually if I get a patriot opponent that fills the location and I have no Shuri or Zero on my Red Skull and it kills me. Just been bad RNG tonight.

It seems silly but Sauron would be perfect for this to nullify Mary & Skull. Would swap out Wong for something else.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Protip posted:

I try to do this as well. What's rough is when it feels like no matter what deck I play I have difficulty getting wins.

This game can certainly giveth, and taketh away too. Two days ago I had a great streak of wins taking me from 46 to 49, and a few cubes away from 50. I was winning lots of games with the two decks I was playing, snapping well, and beating opponents when they snapped.

I tried to play carefully to get myself to 50 but it's now been a slow decline back down to 47. Seems like no matter what I play the last two days my opponents have answers. Also kind of can't help but be amused by being matched up against similar decks to one's I had been trying, only to lose to those after I wasn't finding any wins.

Found it interesting how the start of the last two seasons felt the same. I would struggle to find good footing with a deck for awhile until somehow after continuing to rotate through the same decks I start getting wins again. Two steps forward one step back seems very common (but sometimes it's two step forward 5 steos back).

I've got 11 decks now. 3 different Dracula decks, a Zoo deck, Ongoing Destroyer, Move, 2 Control, Sera Surfer, Eat/Destroy, and a hybrid Devil Dino/Ronan deck which works shockingly well.

I was rank 44 this morning and dropped to 38 because I let myself get overly emotional so I just created a bunch of new decks and now I'm back to 42. I made 5 decks today and I just unlocked Daredevil which doesn't fit well in almost any of them so I'll need to make more tomorrow. Also I still don't have a dedicated On Reveal Wong deck.

I am about to delete 1 of my Control decks though. It just doesn't work.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Studio posted:

While the cards are nuts, I think there is some over engineered combo-dependency in there. Wong only benefits Shuri and Zola, and I don't think there's a huge benefit in going for 40+ power cards when 20+ will usually do the trick. The Zola combo is alright, but doesn't work well with Shuri's doubling, is easily disruptable, etc. How often is She-Hulk the right play? I feel like this deck needs to focus more, like add in Lizard and Enchantress and go for the self-silencing. I also don't know how often She-Hulk would get dropped in this deck, since you REALLY need to begin making big plays on turn 4.
She hulk is really good. You can shuri on 4 skip 5 then she+hulk + taskmaster on 6. Zola works fabulously with shuri's doubling because it makes two copies of the unit thus doubling the buff value, and your opponent has to choose between countering Zola or Taskmaster. This means even if opponent has a counter they still lose half the time.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

No Wave posted:

She hulk is really good. You can shuri on 4 skip 5 then she+hulk + taskmaster on 6. Zola works fabulously with shuri's doubling because it makes two copies of the unit thus doubling the buff value, and your opponent has to choose between countering Zola or Taskmaster. This means even if opponent has a counter they still lose half the time.

These are the two popular Zero Decks. One looks super fun, using Cloak and Ebony Maw to allow you to reallocate power in a Zoo-ish way. The other is the more normal "silence your poo poo because it's bad." There's also a Luke Cage variant, but :shrug:. I think something closer to this, with less setup cards and more focus on self-silence will go further than the heavy combo but not necessarily always useful combo that's currently going on. I think some cards def can fit, like She-Hulk, but I don't know if Wong or Vision are ever holding it outside of edge cases, and that makes me question Zabu's usefulness.

https://snap.fan/decks/200093/
https://snap.fan/decks/30358/

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

lmao at this Spiderman into Quake interaction.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Waffleopolis posted:

I just got infinite this evening with this deck:

Felt pretty consistent, although it's much better when you hit Zabu early. Stole the core of the deck of someone else but did a few switches. The deck was originally running Sentry instead of Jessica Jones, Viper instead of America Chavez and Absorbing Man instead of Moon Girl.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Xguard86 posted:

With the news that some cards will not cascade I've switched it up to saving tokens. Previously I was buying key pool 3 cards but now I think saving them is the smartest play because you're prob never going to get some of the big bads w/o the shop.

Is it worth min-maxing this?

I haven't completed series 3 yet, so I'm still only earning 100 tokens when I do get them. Now series 3 is getting bigger. Does that mean I need to collect the entire original series 3 plus the new series 3 before I start earning more tokens? If not, it seems better to try to finish the original series 3 collection to start getting more tokens sooner.

If you want to be most efficient, guess it depends on token earn potential vs estimated time to finally see Galactus/Thanos.

I guess worst case is you just have to pin them when they do show up and it takes that much longer to add them to your collection.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Studio posted:

These are the two popular Zero Decks. One looks super fun, using Cloak and Ebony Maw to allow you to reallocate power in a Zoo-ish way. The other is the more normal "silence your poo poo because it's bad." There's also a Luke Cage variant, but :shrug:. I think something closer to this, with less setup cards and more focus on self-silence will go further than the heavy combo but not necessarily always useful combo that's currently going on. I think some cards def can fit, like She-Hulk, but I don't know if Wong or Vision are ever holding it outside of edge cases, and that makes me question Zabu's usefulness.

https://snap.fan/decks/200093/
https://snap.fan/decks/30358/
But that's not a zero deck. It's a shuri deck with zero cards as a secondary plan. Its also probably the best archetype in game.

https://snap.fan/decks/meta/97/

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 14, 2023

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Sat at 599 for a while until I accumulated 10,000 credits which I spent yesterday getting up to ~850 and now I just get poo poo hammered every game and can't compete with these complex decks that are full of pool 3+ cards. This part of the game feels super bad and they really need to take a look at their matchmaking. I should not be facing people with full ink/gold variants.

I don't even know what archetype to play because p2 control is outclassed by p3, dino is constantly countered, Ultron patriot runs into killmonger and enchantress every game, and I don't have pieces for discard/destroy. Really feels like a wall where you just watch your rank skid for the next 2-3 months while I accumulate credits thru losses.

Sure does make these "win x matches" missions a real nightmare though.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

SweetJahasus posted:

Sat at 599 for a while until I accumulated 10,000 credits which I spent yesterday getting up to ~850 and now I just get poo poo hammered every game and can't compete with these complex decks that are full of pool 3+ cards. This part of the game feels super bad and they really need to take a look at their matchmaking. I should not be facing people with full ink/gold variants.

I don't even know what archetype to play because p2 control is outclassed by p3, dino is constantly countered, Ultron patriot runs into killmonger and enchantress every game, and I don't have pieces for discard/destroy. Really feels like a wall where you just watch your rank skid for the next 2-3 months while I accumulate credits thru losses.

Sure does make these "win x matches" missions a real nightmare though.

I think one of the big things about this game is that metagame knowledge is *vitally important* to let you get wins. Your deck might have a 60-40 edge over an opponent, but only if you know what cards he might be thinking about playing each turn, which ones you can beat, which ones you can't, and consistently playing to your outs.

If you're not thinking about your opponent's plays as much as your own, you'll lose to opponents who feel like they're reading your mind. And that metagame knowledge takes a long time to absorb. The upside is that your losses are still leveling up your own metagame identifying powers.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Also, you've artificially inflated your rank by hoarding all those credits. You honestly SHOULD expect to lose a bunch for a while after you finally cross that threshold.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
:toot: Finally got to 90 gimme dat gold :20bux:

e: to the guy above that sat at 599. Your MMR is probably really high because I'm assuming you were winning a lot at the top of pool 2. I don't know who first came up with the strategy to sit on a billion credits but I don't know that it's a good one.
What pool 3 cards did you pull?

Devo fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 14, 2023

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
The last thing is that if you’re facing someone whose deck is fully inked out and wild variants, it’s likely a bot. Of course not always true.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Funny how I start winning way, WAY more games and cubes once I lucked out by back-to-back pulling several crucial meta Pool 3 cards like Darcula, Magneto, Juggernaut , Wave, Polaris or Sera to build more decks.
I am really outskilling people now and became a better player over night. Right?

gently caress Ben Brode and this unbalanced bullshit demotivating collection level system and grindfestival.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mr.PayDay posted:

Funny how I start winning way, WAY more games and cubes once I lucked out by back-to-back pulling several crucial meta Pool 3 cards like Darcula, Magneto, Juggernaut , Wave, Polaris or Sera to build more decks.
I am really outskilling people now and became a better player over night. Right?

gently caress Ben Brode and this unbalanced bullshit demotivating collection level system and grindfestival.

sir this is a wendy's

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
Pulled Thanos out of a cache and people seem terrified of this deck that doesn't do much. They really don't want to stick out T6 against it's wild 1 drop fiesta. Oh well it's helping me creep from 90 to 100 one or two cubes at a time.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

cgeq posted:

Is it worth min-maxing this?

I haven't completed series 3 yet, so I'm still only earning 100 tokens when I do get them. Now series 3 is getting bigger. Does that mean I need to collect the entire original series 3 plus the new series 3 before I start earning more tokens? If not, it seems better to try to finish the original series 3 collection to start getting more tokens sooner.

If you want to be most efficient, guess it depends on token earn potential vs estimated time to finally see Galactus/Thanos.

I guess worst case is you just have to pin them when they do show up and it takes that much longer to add them to your collection.

If the only thing you want to do is maximize your token efficiency, you never want to buy a series 3 card. The effects buying a 3 card has are:
-getting that card right away
-replacing a card box at the end of your pool 3 with a 400 (on average) tokens box

And given that buying a series 3 card costs 1000 tokens, you're losing 600 tokens each time.

(By the way, those 100 tokens boxes you mentioned at the start of your post, those are staying, even when you're done with series 3.)

The best way to spend your tokens, if you want to maximize them, are:

1) not spending them
2) buying Galactus and Thanos (or whatever new 'Big Bad' they are adding to series 5) because those won't lose their value

... and I'm actually not sure about what else. My instinct would be to only buy new series 5 cards, because those will stay there the longest. You could buy 2 series 4 cards for the same price, but it seems like pretty soon, once a card goes down to series 4 the next month it will go down to series 3?

But I'm not sure that's how it's going to work, we need a few more months to see.

Anyway, the one thing I'm even more convinced of than before it's that buying series 3 cards is a complete waste of tokens. (Again, if token efficiency is your only metric.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JackDarko posted:

The last thing is that if you’re facing someone whose deck is fully inked out and wild variants, it’s likely a bot. Of course not always true.

Lots of people have many splits, even fully inked out or golden decks. The way to spot a bot through its splits are that it can have the non-foil card with a flare or an ink or gold split without a flare. Neither of these is possible to obtain: you can never have a flare on a card that hasn't been split, and splits after the first (which Inkify and Gold have to be) always have a flare.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

uXs posted:

If the only thing you want to do is maximize your token efficiency, you never want to buy a series 3 card. The effects buying a 3 card has are:
-getting that card right away
-replacing a card box at the end of your pool 3 with a 400 (on average) tokens box

And given that buying a series 3 card costs 1000 tokens, you're losing 600 tokens each time.

(By the way, those 100 tokens boxes you mentioned at the start of your post, those are staying, even when you're done with series 3.)

The best way to spend your tokens, if you want to maximize them, are:

1) not spending them
2) buying Galactus and Thanos (or whatever new 'Big Bad' they are adding to series 5) because those won't lose their value

... and I'm actually not sure about what else. My instinct would be to only buy new series 5 cards, because those will stay there the longest. You could buy 2 series 4 cards for the same price, but it seems like pretty soon, once a card goes down to series 4 the next month it will go down to series 3?

But I'm not sure that's how it's going to work, we need a few more months to see.

Anyway, the one thing I'm even more convinced of than before it's that buying series 3 cards is a complete waste of tokens. (Again, if token efficiency is your only metric.)

There is also the element of getting fun/meta/archetype enabling cards when you're starting out in pool 3 in order to have more fun, which should be the point of the game. Pool 3 seems like a pretty long grind and it's nice to have the very good cards early in the process. I get that you were saying only if efficiency is the only metric, just pointing it out.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Jedit posted:

Lots of people have many splits, even fully inked out or golden decks. The way to spot a bot through its splits are that it can have the non-foil card with a flare or an ink or gold split without a flare. Neither of these is possible to obtain: you can never have a flare on a card that hasn't been split, and splits after the first (which Inkify and Gold have to be) always have a flare.

Thank you for the correction and education!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just got absolutely trashed by a Moongirl -> Pass -> Infinaut Korg She Hulk She Hulk play. Sometimes you forget what cards people have and what they're capable of. I haven't seen Infinaut in probably 1000 colleciton levels outside of Jubilee or Ghost Rider gimmicks

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Spending 3-6 months to get a single P5 card instead of a bunch of P3 cards earlier is real dumb. Sure it’s more efficient for completing your collection but uh, this is not really a collectible game and I’m 10x more interested in playing the game with more decks and cards.

Plus, the sooner you finish P3 you’ll be earning a P5 card a month or 2 P4 cards, which will outpace hoarding for P5 earlier.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

JackDarko posted:

Also look for "perfect" plays like dropping Cosmo or Armor on a spot the same turn you were about to play an On Reveal/Destruction effect, even if you did nothing to telegraph the fact that you were about to do so; i.e. Turn 4 Bucky and Carnage at the same time on an empty location.

Sure, you could say it's just a coincidence, but I refuse to believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

MissMarple posted:

Pulled Thanos out of a cache and people seem terrified of this deck that doesn't do much. They really don't want to stick out T6 against it's wild 1 drop fiesta. Oh well it's helping me creep from 90 to 100 one or two cubes at a time.

What thanos deck are you running?