Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What was that game where you're driving a station wagon and there's some kind of energy disaster happening in the distance? It looks kinda flat-shaded and I think it was shown off at one of the indie-focused events over the summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in! posted:

Assuming this game isn't canceled (its following the usual UBISoft trajectory of being quietly canceled), the UI will hopefully be trimmed way down. so much of the information shown could just be in menu's.

It would have been cancelled long ago if Ubisoft wasn't on the hook with the Singaporean government to finish the thing so they don't have to pay back the subsidies that partially funded it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The Horizon staff publicly seething at Elden Ring's ui was hilarious

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

haveblue posted:

What was that game where you're driving a station wagon and there's some kind of energy disaster happening in the distance? It looks kinda flat-shaded and I think it was shown off at one of the indie-focused events over the summer
you might be talking about the road trip game by Fullbright but that's unlikely to come out after steve gaynor ruined the company

there's also the bike trip game with a disaster happening in the distance which is ALSO marred by problematic actors within the studio

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The Horizon staff publicly seething at Elden Ring's ui was hilarious

*To myself after one second of standing still* Huh, that UI seems pretty subpar. I'd better pull out my phone and open Twitter. Once Twitter is open, I can make a tweet complaining about it in the Tweet menu.

E: Google is gonna release an update to make your Stadia controller not a worthless piece of plastic

https://twitter.com/googlestadia/status/1613999717519605760

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the horizon people were probably seething more by proxy over their publisher leaving them hanging out to dry with that awful release dare

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Computers are evolving!

The animation on the new Trigun series is pretty much the first time I thought a CG only anime series didn't just looked good, but looked amazing.

Good lord what did they do to trigun

Does wolfwood vape now

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
fatal frame 4 is gonna be good because suda51 worked on it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The CG in the new Dragonball movie looks surprisingly decent. Was worried about because Broly looked really good and fir some reason they decided to change the animation style but it turned out okay

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Computers are evolving!

The animation on the new Trigun series is pretty much the first time I thought a CG only anime series didn't just looked good, but looked amazing.

these animations are fun but almost feel overcompensating, Orange has always done good work but it's like they're desperate to be seen as hand drawn animation so they're going as over the top as possible. the vash gif is like if you took disney animation and then pushed the slider past 10 to 15

it does look good though. they just can dial it down a little bit and still have it look cartoony and good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

It would have been cancelled long ago if Ubisoft wasn't on the hook with the Singaporean government to finish the thing so they don't have to pay back the subsidies that partially funded it.

Gotcha, in otherwords it's going to be a really bad game and will be abandoned shortly after release.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Exactly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It could be good, they've had 5 years to steal ideas from Sea of Thieves

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I said come in! posted:

This is meant to be a multiplayer competitive game right?

Originally, yes, in one of the many iterations of this game that was completely retooled.

Now it's designed so you can either play it solo/with friends just PvE or you can play PvPvE
Details are light on how any of this is going to work.

Barudak posted:

It could be good, they've had 5 years to steal ideas from Sea of Thieves

They've had 10 years to steal ideas from AC Black Flag and given that there doesn't seem to be any boarding or melee combat I'm not sure they've even managed to get that far.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm having a problem getting a steam game to work so I'm hoping that by complaining in here then maybe it'll start working.

There's a company that puts out real plain-looking CYOA text-only games, Choice Of Games. I'm annoyed because I reinstalled one of their games that I hadn't finished playing but not only has my save data disappeared, the game claims I'm playing a free shareware version. It says if I want to upgrade to the full game, I need to pay for it, and if I did pay then I can click their button to update to the paid version. I bought this through steam. The links to try and buy it or links to update it don't actually work and the game just spits out an error and takes me back to the maijj00j0jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj;;;;;;;;;;;;;mmnpnn88onjjjjjjj9n;kl;l,.m.;lo;ll0-['[-['[[[;/;/;/ ;k; k; i j '[

;;;;l;l;lll

./

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

:dogstare:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm having a problem getting a steam game to work so I'm hoping that by complaining in here then maybe it'll start working.

There's a company that puts out real plain-looking CYOA text-only games, Choice Of Games. I'm annoyed because I reinstalled one of their games that I hadn't finished playing but not only has my save data disappeared, the game claims I'm playing a free shareware version. It says if I want to upgrade to the full game, I need to pay for it, and if I did pay then I can click their button to update to the paid version. I bought this through steam. The links to try and buy it or links to update it don't actually work and the game just spits out an error and takes me back to the maijj00j0jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj;;;;;;;;;;;;;mmnpnn88onjjjjjjj9n;kl;l,.m.;lo;ll0-['[-['[[[;/;/;/ ;k; k; i j '[

;;;;l;l;lll

./

greetings, cat and/or baby

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
All they needed to do for Skull & Bones was reskin Black Flag with less of the Assassins vs. Templars nonsense and a bit more Sea Dogs and it would've been something of a cult classic by now.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm sure fak is totally fine

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i hope that he's ok -_- it's been over a half hour

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Good lord what did they do to trigun

Does wolfwood vape now

He still smokes in the final trailer

but for some reason the first trailer he shows up in he has lollipop instead

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

HopperUK posted:

If you want the DF gangtag in memory of your expired computer, let me know

nah I'm good, the new computer arrives tomorrow and I'll be back to getting dwarves killed with hubris very soon

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mode 7 posted:

Originally, yes, in one of the many iterations of this game that was completely retooled.

Now it's designed so you can either play it solo/with friends just PvE or you can play PvPvE
Details are light on how any of this is going to work.

They've had 10 years to steal ideas from AC Black Flag and given that there doesn't seem to be any boarding or melee combat I'm not sure they've even managed to get that far.

Did Black Flag really do much with the pirating premise? I didn’t play enough to find out, but that aspect seemed pretty shallow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Rinkles posted:

Did Black Flag really do much with the pirating premise? I didn’t play enough to find out, but that aspect seemed pretty shallow.

It was as deep as Assassin's Creed games ever are, but it didn't completely waste the premise. You could sail around, upgrade your ship, attack merchants, siege coastal forts, go after special prize ships, etc. It was very arcadey, but it was generally pretty fun and I could see it working as the base of a more involved pirate game--though at the same time, it started getting tedious by the end of Black Flag and I'm dubious that it would really work in a long-term live service kind of game.

The story was very much based in the golden age of piracy mythology and handles that well enough, as long as you ignore all the usual assassin and ancient aliens stuff. I can't actually think of any other pirate games that use the real world history as much as Black Flag does.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

:stare:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Guess we found out what happened to that Brian guy from the Xbox DM

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Helpful? Yes/no

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It sounds like the guy's schizophrenic so we probably shouldn't be posting his stuff to laugh at?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

haveblue posted:

Pacific Drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN1I_znpzrk

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rarity posted:

It sounds like the guy's schizophrenic so we probably shouldn't be posting his stuff to laugh at?

I'm not laughing.

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Vermain posted:

the horizon people were probably seething more by proxy over their publisher leaving them hanging out to dry with that awful release dare

Didn’t Elden Ring get delayed into that spot? Obviously they could have delayed HFW in response but they didn’t intentionally set their release date a week before Elden Ring.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is there a word for when you're really in tune with a game and you begin to feel like the thing you're controlling is a part of you? Or that you are the thing altogether. It can be whatever, a super hero or a car.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Flow state?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
It's called immersion

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Rinkles posted:

Is there a word for when you're really in tune with a game and you begin to feel like the thing you're controlling is a part of you? Or that you are the thing altogether. It can be whatever, a super hero or a car.

I like watching people play Mario games for the opposite of this - when people gently caress up a jump they don't get frustrated that *they* hosed it up, they get cross with Mario. "Mario! Why!"

Not sure if Luigi also gets blamed for errors.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Mods please change my name to "allure of a hole" tia

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

In the zone (not Stalker)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

using 10% of my full power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I successfully finished a three houses run. .. can't believe you're intended to play through the game multiple times, I took what turned out to be the shortest route and it was still like 60 hours.

I didn't expect a "where are they now" slideshow at the end but it was cute, even if it was 100% focused on which characters married who and not, like, the state of the world after the events of the game. In fact in retrospect there are many unanswered questions regarding why things happened and motivations, but hey you do get given a lot of scenes of characters telling each other they're great friends

So 8/10. For fans of the genre. I shan't be buying fire emblem engage soon