Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Davros1 posted:

I like to think Shad was sold at the first Fyte For The Fallen show, when he came in the ring to present the charity check, and Cody introduced him to the crowd, and the crowd cheered. He got this huge smile on his face that said "OK, I get this."

All billionaires only truly want two things: to be beloved by thousands and thousands of people, and to own a monopoly. So this all tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Does anyone here watch Young Rock, and if so, it's this true?!?

https://twitter.com/RighteousReg/status/1614088740795977730?s=20&t=FAxsmXTlC_mX2plj2VP-kA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

"Chad Frost" was a top talent that bad mouthed Rock to Vince. Said wrestler was also injured around the time of Rock's rise to the main event [1998].

:rubby: oh yeah that's definitely referring to Shawn

quote:

According to reports, Michaels disrespected the maternal grandmother of Dwayne Johnson during a show in Hawaii. The Rock was incensed and the comments nearly led to a clash. Years later, Rock made his debut in the WWE, and unfortunately, Michaels held quite a lot of influence backstage.

According to Bret Hart in his autobiography, both Michaels and Triple H held intense dislike towards The Rock. Michaels urged Vince McMahon to get the Intercontinental title off of a young Rocky and hilariously, he wanted Bret Hart to beat Rock for the title. Hart refused to win the match and insisted on a DQ finish, thwarting the plans of HBK.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

All billionaires only truly want two things: to be beloved by thousands and thousands of people, and to own a monopoly. So this all tracks.

I will agree to both because it's an extremely good bit in this case

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

StarkRavingMad posted:

It is interesting that however many years ago, Shad Khan was like “I guess you can have the budget for your AEW thing, you kids are just going to waste my money after I’m dead anyway” and now he apparently is down with trying to buy WWE. Tony really sold him on this wrestling thing.

They could have no interest in actually buying it, but thew news will report "Rival wrestling promotion All Elite Wrestling is interested in buying WWE"

It's free publicity.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The boyhood dream has come true for Chad Frost.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chad Frost was absolutely one of the names Steve Austin rejected before picking Stone Cold

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

The Virgin Stone Cold vs the Chad Frost

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Remember how Hunter Hearst Helmsley the character was created to mock, denigrate, and belittle Vince's real life neighbours who weren't as friendly or welcoming as he wanted to be, (because Vince is an insane carny). So he created a baddie character so he could get them booed by proxy?

This is a very similar thing for a woman who dared to use her own agency/initiative and proved she didn't need Vince or his stupid company at all financially.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Duke Pukem posted:

The Virgin Stone Cold vs the Chad Frost

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

backing the rock on this tbh. shawn's good boy facade has cracked enough to show he's still a dickhead and i hope this flies right up his rear end

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Critical posted:

backing the rock on this tbh. shawn's good boy facade has cracked enough to show he's still a dickhead and i hope this flies right up his rear end

Has it cracked? I'm sure he's still a dickhead but I hadn't really heard anything recently.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

1glitch0 posted:

Has it cracked? I'm sure he's still a dickhead but I hadn't really heard anything recently.

Pretty sure they're both (Rock and HBK) huge dickheads that have chilled out as they've gotten older. Doesn't mean they're not still capable of being assholes.

But I would like to hear more about Michaels cracking.

Edit: Also, I had no idea Rock and Michaels had so much animosity, but it finally explains to me why they never worked in a match together.

3 A.M. Radio fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 14, 2023

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Remember how Hunter Hearst Helmsley the character was created to mock, denigrate, and belittle Vince's real life neighbours who weren't as friendly or welcoming as he wanted to be, (because Vince is an insane carny). So he created a baddie character so he could get them booed by proxy?

This is a very similar thing for a woman who dared to use her own agency/initiative and proved she didn't need Vince or his stupid company at all financially.

I don’t know the origin of HHHs character but he was doing it in WCW before he got to WWE. It just switched from French snob to Connecticut snob.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Main thing was one of FTR (bald?) telling him about some mental health issues in confidence and then Shawn openly mocking him for it in front of the boys

rvd maintains he was still a backbiting piece of poo poo after he cleaned up and returned

im sure theres more but those are the main couple i can remember

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I mean if you stay a bootlicker to WWE and are friends with HHH you’ll always be a piece of poo poo even if it’s by proxy.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/AlistairMcG/status/1614085547349139458?s=20&t=fxAFZZwG_Clbdvybq4YNgw

Be sure to drink your Mountain Dew Pitch Black

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There's a quote recently from LA Knight who still doesn't know what that match is, but assumes that it's going to be a street fight ... in the dark

HHH really loves his special lighting for matches.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Davros1 posted:

There's a quote recently from LA Knight who still doesn't know what that match is, but assumes that it's going to be a street fight ... in the dark

HHH really loves his special lighting for matches.

By the time the match happens Vince will have rewritten it to have the loser get disqualified after getting a bucket of mountain dew piss dumped on them

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I just saw a YouTube ad for the pitch black match. I thought you guys were joking about it being a Mountain Dew match. :psyduck:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RandolphCarter posted:

I just saw a YouTube ad for the pitch black match. I thought you guys were joking about it being a Mountain Dew match. :psyduck:

It’s actually genius storytelling because Bray drank a lot of Mountain Dew growing up and if you turn a bottle of Pitch Black upside down it resemb-

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Kvlt! posted:

i still dont get the viking raiders like im not an expert in norse history but isnt that like calling a tagteam "the wrestling wrestlers"

If only they had a cool name like “War Machine”

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

RandolphCarter posted:

WWE trying to reach the heights of AEW's Cracker Barrel Clash smdh

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I will never get over how loving dumb and ugly that mask is

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Ganso Bomb posted:

I will never get over how loving dumb and ugly that mask is

On one hand, I like it a lot more than the Uncle Howdy mask. It at least looks like a vaguely unique design from a juggalo horror movie, but Howdy is just blatantly someone watching The Black Telephone and deciding it's a good look to rip off. I'm much less willing to give that the time of day.

On the other hand, Bray's face morphing into the Fiend is the worst way to show it. Just do a snap cut, it'd be more effective and easier to do than that.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bray getting what was likely a nice fat payday to come back and do the worst z level horror shtick and wrestle 4 matches in 4 months is loving hilarious

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinche Rudo posted:

Bray getting what was likely a nice fat payday to come back and do the worst z level horror shtick and wrestle 4 matches in 4 months is loving hilarious

It'll be 5 soon!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

MassRafTer posted:

It'll be 5 soon!

He could always get fired again before then.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

RandolphCarter posted:

I read this post and even then didn't fully internalize it until googling the "bray wyatt pitch black match" sent me to wwe's site with thsi banner

the site also gave me all the lore but made no loving effort to tell me what the gently caress the match stip actually is

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They signed Vin Diesel, duh

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lurks With Wolves posted:

On one hand, I like it a lot more than the Uncle Howdy mask. It at least looks like a vaguely unique design from a juggalo horror movie, but Howdy is just blatantly someone watching The Black Telephone and deciding it's a good look to rip off. I'm much less willing to give that the time of day.

I know it's not what they were trying to rip off, but I always just think of

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

I read this post and even then didn't fully internalize it until googling the "bray wyatt pitch black match" sent me to wwe's site with thsi banner

the site also gave me all the lore but made no loving effort to tell me what the gently caress the match stip actually is

LA Knight looks like that douchebag salt chef in this picture

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LA Bae

bartok
May 10, 2006

the only thing interesting about LA Knight is that Moxley mentions that they were roommates in his autobiography

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/2Sweet4Lyfe/status/1614127207152062465?t=IrkyVwwelB9kc9wmAIQHTA&s=19

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

MorningMoon posted:

lmao i thought it was a goon joke

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

zetamind2000 posted:

By the time the match happens Vince will have rewritten it to have the loser get disqualified after getting a bucket of mountain dew piss dumped on them

By the time this match happens Vince'll be back in gorilla and It's gonna be Bray vs LA Knight in a "Loser Leaves Town and also the Winner Leaves Town" match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

should've gotten Rob Van Dam