Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I don't care how it looks, it's Mel Brooks. I'll watch anything of his since even his bad stuff still has funny moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I was prepared to hate that trailer but I actually thought it was kind of funny in a stupid way. The marco polo delivery made me laugh

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

As long as it isn't as bad as the Spaceballs cartoon

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Jesus, is he going for the "longest gap between original and sequel" record? I remember seeing Part 1 in the cinema as a literal child.

(Actually, all I remember are a guy's tongue unrolling from his mouth like a cartoon wolf, and JEWS IN SPACE.)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Annabel Pee posted:

I was prepared to hate that trailer but I actually thought it was kind of funny in a stupid way. The marco polo delivery made me laugh

Yeah I think it'll be fun enough

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It better be raunchy as gently caress.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I don't care how it looks, it's Mel Brooks. I'll watch anything of his since even his bad stuff still has funny moments.

Hate to break it to you, but it's probably going to be much more David Stassen

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I hate it because “Part 1” was the joke. Having an actual Part 2 ruins the joke. Is nothing sacred?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

galagazombie posted:

I hate it because “Part 1” was the joke. Having an actual Part 2 ruins the joke. Is nothing sacred?

It was actually kind of a clever joke too, that the History of the World is an ongoing story and they can only make another one once more history happens, because it's presenting itself as a comprehensive documentary of All of Human History from its beginning to an end that hasn't happened yet, presumably after the Space Jews.

I guess enough new history happened since the last one? :shrug:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The title is a reference to Sir Walter Raleigh’s unfinished History of the World. He was executed before he finished it.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

The title is a reference to Sir Walter Raleigh’s unfinished History of the World. He was executed before he finished it.

...huh. Neat!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Presto posted:

Where is my Hitler on ice?

JEWS

IN

SPAAAAAAACCCEEEE

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Casimir Radon posted:

Mel Brooks is executed live on camera at the two thirds point.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

JEWS

IN

SPAAAAAAACCCEEEE

Stealth Dune prequel.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Stealth Dune prequel.

it says Jihad right there

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Stealth Dune prequel.

what if the next avatar film has a big land creature that makes this biochemical substance that creates super humans?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ups_rail posted:

what if the next avatar film has a big land creature that makes this biochemical substance that creates super humans?

Literally just had whale adrenochrome that stops ageing

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

galagazombie posted:

They should have called this one Part III and at the end show the old Part II footage again as a "also now available" trailer.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Literally just had whale adrenochrome that stops ageing

Oddly enough, a sand worm / whale equivalency was something that already came up in the Dune prequel novels.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I don't think Margot Robbie career will really suffer, she's just doing the Clonney/Pitt Oscar chasing thing at the moment.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think her career will take a downturn, but not necessarily because she was in several bombs. She's getting older and Hollywood is especially lovely to women as they age (I mean in general too, but the roles dry up). Right now Anya Taylor-Joy's career is rising and she's getting a tremendous amount of work. Robbie is working a lot too, and probably getting paid relatively well because there are going to be fewer roles for her soon whether or not any of her projects are hits.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
It's true, once you turn 30 everyone in Hollywood decides that you're only suitable for roles as a MILF

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
From Barbie to Mom Cop in the span of 3 years

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

Right now Anya Taylor-Joy's career is rising and she's getting a tremendous amount of work. Robbie is working a lot too, and probably getting paid relatively well because there are going to be fewer roles for her soon whether or not any of her projects are hits.

Anya is also getting a lot of work because she's taking smaller paychecks than a Margot Robbie type. She's carving out a niche as the movie star you can afford for your mid-budget movie, which is also giving her the kind of interesting and varied body of work that traditionally is the foundation of a long career.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah I think overall ATJ is being a more savvy with what she's taking.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think her career will take a downturn, but not necessarily because she was in several bombs. She's getting older and Hollywood is especially lovely to women as they age (I mean in general too, but the roles dry up). Right now Anya Taylor-Joy's career is rising and she's getting a tremendous amount of work. Robbie is working a lot too, and probably getting paid relatively well because there are going to be fewer roles for her soon whether or not any of her projects are hits.

Plus Samara Weaving is the younger cheaper clone of Margot Robbie. By which I mean, they look alike to me, but I've been known to have pretty bad face blindness

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Failed Imagineer posted:

Plus Samara Weaving is the younger cheaper clone of Margot Robbie. By which I mean, they look alike to me, but I've been known to have pretty bad face blindness

Emma Mackey too, to the point that she’s cast in the Barbie movie I think explicitly to be a Robbie look-alike. For some reason there’s an abundance of actresses who look like that.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
The Faye Dunaway type

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Australians

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

It's true, once you turn 30 everyone in Hollywood decides that you're only suitable for roles as a MILF

Slight correction, once you turn 30 you disappear for ten years. THEN you return as the tired/sexy mother.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
its more confusing in the world of adult films....the whole milf thing I mean.

as for avatar how man times can you retread dances with smurfs?

Also what new resource can humans extract?

I guess a new angle would be na'vi civil war?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Atj took the role in the menu because Emma Stone dripped out. What's stone doing nowadays after cruella?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Atj took the role in the menu because Emma Stone dripped out. What's stone doing nowadays after cruella?

She's apparently working on a TV show created by a Safdie and Nathan Fielder, and also two separate Yorgos Lanthimos movies. She also has a kid with the Epic Rap Battles From History guy.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Baron von Eevl posted:

She's apparently working on a TV show created by a Safdie and Nathan Fielder, and also two separate Yorgos Lanthimos movies.

Awesome

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Pretty sweet ngl

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

She also has a kid with the Epic Rap Battles From History guy.

...I should get back on Tinder.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Also this, with the caveat that this website doesn’t have a perfect track record when it comes to this kind of rumor:

https://twitter.com/worldofreel/status/1614089419035746305?s=46&t=nqsWqsjkfzr4QLUrZds_lg

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Ups_rail posted:

its more confusing in the world of adult films....the whole milf thing I mean.

as for avatar how man times can you retread dances with smurfs?

Also what new resource can humans extract?

I guess a new angle would be na'vi civil war?

Don't worry, next Avatar film, everything changes when the Fire Nation attacks.

Not a joke

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Interesting. I could definitely see Stone in that role as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Tars Tarkas posted:

Don't worry, next Avatar film, everything changes when the Fire Nation attacks.

Not a joke

oh great....