Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Computer viking posted:

From twitter; no context.
That's plausible to me as a connector on some 70s era high voltage/low current (milliamps) supply, and I don't think would be much more dangerous than other stuff that'd be routinely around then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Computer viking posted:

From twitter; no context.

finally found the cable plug for gods Ethernet

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://i.imgur.com/zkjqY4k.mp4

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
Masterwork death trap. I think a 3.0 earthquake or a large truck passing by would level that house.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
wow that's so hosed up

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Caedes
Aug 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

I think I could huff and puff and blow that house in

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I assume masonry like that is done by dudes who've never seen a trowel and just assume it can't be that hard, right?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Kenning posted:

I assume masonry like that is done by dudes who've never seen a trowel and just assume it can't be that hard, right?

It's done by criminals,OP

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

BrassRoots posted:

Rig rates are all time related here with no meterage bonus. Thats a loving expensive connection when spread rate is over $100k per day.

I would be interested to know what this means

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was extremely disappointed as a kid to learn that these things were not, in fact, the world's largest circle saws, and I remain so to this day :sigh:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was extremely disappointed as a kid to learn that these things were not, in fact, the world's largest circle saws, and I remain so to this day :sigh:

They're not?!?! :(

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

They kinda are. Dirt saws.

Ok, what happened here. Bucket wheel ex picked up a bulldozer, and they used the drag line to lift it off ?

I'm looking at this on my phone so the pics are a bit small even when I zoom in.

That looks like a pretty big dozer, at least a d9?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I mean, they are. They do what a circular saw does, just to the ground instead of to a piece of wood.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I want to see someone trip the BaggerStop.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Props to the driver in the middle lane

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

wesleywillis posted:

Ok, what happened here. Bucket wheel ex picked up a bulldozer, and they used the drag line to lift it off ?

I'm looking at this on my phone so the pics are a bit small even when I zoom in.

D8. Still not small.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

I mean, they are. They do what a circular saw does, just to the ground instead of to a piece of wood.

Yeah, but that's boring when your initial assumption is that they're the things used to create stone quarries.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I assume there’s no audio because everyone was too busy screaming, and nobody needs to hear that from their computer.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I would not have walked through the doorway.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

*trips*

*falls*

*dies in a building collapse*

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

I was in Beijing a year or two before the olympics were there. Lotta buildings going up looking like that. People would go by the sites when it started getting dark and take the blocks. They pulled apart real easy.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

wesleywillis posted:

For reference, the wheel is 21m (71') in diameter, the height at the upright support structure is 96m (315').

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Icon Of Sin posted:

I assume there’s no audio because everyone was too busy screaming, and nobody needs to hear that from their computer.

Here's the version with audio from another thread:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Don't laugh so hard or talk so loud, you might knock it over :ohdear:

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

I have released unlit farts that would take this thing down.

Oops, I did it again...

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
My wife's professional opinion was 'oh.... That's hosed up...'

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
never thought i'd see a house made out of floor, but here we are.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

corgski posted:

Oh yeah Dana Sibera. She does lots of photoshops, thankfully that is not an actual high voltage d-sub connector.

Oh ooh yeah I've actually seen some of her other work, I just didn't connect the name.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

bertolt rekt posted:

I would be interested to know what this means

The rig rate is how much you pay for the drilling rig and crew. Normally contracted as a day rate but can be broken down into fractions of a day for invoicing.

Ours came with a camp for the crews too and all up was $80k per day or so.

The you have on site company reps from the operator. These are $2k each per day, so another $4k per day.

Then you have wireline loggers, directional drillers, mud engineers, geologists, fuel, water, rental equipment. It all adds up very quickly.

So the spread rate is how much it costs to just sit with the drilling rig on locatiin doing nothing. So if we sit there not drilling anything we are burning $100k per day.

A connection is just what it sounds like. Your connecting a piece of pipe to the drill string or vice versa. It should only take 1-2mins. A 12minute connection just cost you $800 with no benefit.

This is all in kangaroo dollarydoos.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

ded posted:

never thought i'd see a house made out of floor, but here we are.

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who initially thought they built a house out of brick pavers.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

OSHA IV: a house made out of floor

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Captain Hygiene posted:

The House With a Floor in its Walls was one of my favorite books as a kid.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I wouldn’t touch that outlet if I were you. That’s a load-bearing outlet.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
Props to the dude that not only built a house out of pavers, but didn't even bother to, like, interleave the layers.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
House of Floor , insides are bigger than outside.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

HolHorsejob posted:

Props to the dude that not only built a house out of pavers, but didn't even bother to, like, interleave the layers.

oh god it's even worse than i first thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Captain Hygiene posted: