Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

E: nevermind, misread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Archonet posted:

RimWorld: The best hydroponics packing scheme starts with a swastika.

I think simply "Rimworld: Warcrimes" would work fine

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i'm pretty sure that swastika hydroponics setup specifically was made to look like that on purpose, there are very easy ways to slap down hydro without it taking that shape and still being equally effective with the highest packing density or w/e bs you want.

It's a 9x9 square with a 5x1 spot on each side, just do 18 horizontals with 2 verticals and pop the remaining 4 trays wherever fits good enough, you can half rear end some supports no problem if you got roofing support issues

e: honestly i dunno if they even wanted to do a swastika and might just have wanted something radially symmetrical. Who fuckin knows really

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 14, 2023

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
You know ever since Dwarf Fortress released I've been tempted to get back into Rimworld, except whenever I look at the thread to see what the latest cool modpacks are or see people's neat bases people are talking about weird sex poo poo or hitler/swastikas and then I remember why I stopped playing

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's nice

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

love to not play a single player game because of what a tiny minority of weirdoes do with mods

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Lysidas posted:

Through a combination of patience, luck, and some light cheating via mods (transport shuttle specifically, to hit a half-dozen friendly outposts for trading in the span of a few days), my most recent colony has accumulated some extremely powerful xenogenes and enough archite capsules to implant them into all of my combat-oriented colonists. The most recent raid was ~25 outlanders against four colonists who were/had:
  • deathless
  • scarless
  • unstoppable
  • superfast (400%) wound healing
  • superclotting
in addition to being full of bionic/archotech parts and having marine armor and pulse-charged weapons.

This would make for some great storytelling from the attackers who survived and fled, like

That actually happened; superclotting and scarless make it unnecessary to rush to treat wounds, so everyone else could either continue fighting or stay safely indoors. I hadn't realized superfast wound healing could be effective enough to bring someone back from pain shock during a fight, though :unsmigghh:

stacking that much bullshit, seems like the kind of thing that might make Painblock worth remembering it even exists sometimes

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Mlie's Less Stupid Romance Attempts is a mandatory mod for me anymore. Completely killing the "hey bb wan 2 blow up ur happy marriage 4 me" impulse is a godsend.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

woke kaczynski posted:

You know ever since Dwarf Fortress released I've been tempted to get back into Rimworld, except whenever I look at the thread to see what the latest cool modpacks are or see people's neat bases people are talking about weird sex poo poo or hitler/swastikas and then I remember why I stopped playing

lmao ignorance is bliss I guess, good luck finding a hobby that doesn't have a small number of people engaging in weird sex poo poo

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

iunno, disproportionately blowing up over some comically minor negative reaction fits right in with rimworld colonists

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nobody is building swastikas on purpose, it's just an efficient if unfortunate looking layout, that's why it's funny ya weenis

silentsnack posted:

iunno, disproportionately blowing up over some comically minor negative reaction fits right in with rimworld colonists

-20: Someone playing game wrong

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Rimworld: Moral Panic Edition

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i'm pretty sure that swastika hydroponics setup specifically was made to look like that on purpose, there are very easy ways to slap down hydro without it taking that shape and still being equally effective with the highest packing density or w/e bs you want.

It's a 9x9 square with a 5x1 spot on each side, just do 18 horizontals with 2 verticals and pop the remaining 4 trays wherever fits good enough, you can half rear end some supports no problem if you got roofing support issues

e: honestly i dunno if they even wanted to do a swastika and might just have wanted something radially symmetrical. Who fuckin knows really

The 'swastika' style puts the leftover squares closest to the center, which gives better coverage for utility extras like firefoam popper and standing lamp. :shrug:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I'm just gonna call it the fan layout :geno:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

isndl posted:

The 'swastika' style puts the leftover squares closest to the center, which gives better coverage for utility extras like firefoam popper and standing lamp. :shrug:

That's not true

isndl
May 2, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

That's not true

If you have a better pattern to show I'm all for it.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Danaru posted:

-20: Someone playing game wrong

This is the moodlet if you've got Intense Bigotry in Diversity of Thought.

Neutral is, "I wonder if I can fit any of those mods in."

Exalted is, "All Hail Randy."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Based loosely on a true story

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1614388033758941184?t=s4AoOpQjv8KOf6bHBnI0VA&s=19

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

isndl posted:

If you have a better pattern to show I'm all for it.

Here's a good one:

This puts 1 empty space near the center for a firefoam popper, which is all that you need - that spot covers this entire room. Those 2 standing lamps on the ends also bring the entire room up to 50% illumination, they don't need to be any closer to the center. That leaves 1 space leftover for whatever you want (a heater perhaps - mine is just empty

isndl
May 2, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

Here's a good one:

This puts 1 empty space near the center for a firefoam popper, which is all that you need - that spot covers this entire room. Those 2 standing lamps on the ends also bring the entire room up to 50% illumination, they don't need to be any closer to the center. That leaves 1 space leftover for whatever you want (a heater perhaps - mine is just empty

One standing lamp in the middle is more efficient than two in the corners. You could mirror the top half onto the bottom half for a second center tile, though even more center tiles is still better - I like to put a statue or two so growers can maintain the beauty moodlets more easily, and if you're running a mod that adds sprinklers it gives you space for that.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

isndl posted:

One standing lamp in the middle is more efficient than two in the corners. You could mirror the top half onto the bottom half for a second center tile, though even more center tiles is still better - I like to put a statue or two so growers can maintain the beauty moodlets more easily, and if you're running a mod that adds sprinklers it gives you space for that.

You need two lamps anyway if you want full illumination; when I try putting a standing lamp where the firefoam is, I get 42% at the bottom square of the left-most edge of the sunlamp radius (and the mech booster down there is at 8%, which is no good in my case because I run a mountain base)

isndl
May 2, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

You need two lamps anyway if you want full illumination; when I try putting a standing lamp where the firefoam is, I get 42% at the bottom square of the left-most edge of the sunlamp radius (and the mech booster down there is at 8%, which is no good in my case because I run a mountain base)

42% is plenty, you don't get work/movement speed penalties until you drop below 30%. As far as I know difference between the 31-50% levels only matter for plant growth speed (on the handful of plants that don't require 51%, mostly decorative flowers).

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

haven't played since before the first DLC dropped, I now own all of them, please tell me there is One Must Have Modpack by now, and is Randy still the way to play?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

haven't played since before the first DLC dropped, I now own all of them, please tell me there is One Must Have Modpack by now, and is Randy still the way to play?

Randy's still the best, 80% of the modded storytellers are "I heard you like raids."

Sadly no must-have modpack, everyone's got something different they want. Start from the first couple pages of the most subscribed on Steam, practically everything there's at least neutral. Pick and choose what looks interesting. I use a lot of Vanilla Expanded, but it adds a lot of bloat that won't see use all the time (Or even ever, some of it I still haven't made.) Also some of it is redundant with DLC (Vanilla Genetics Expanded and Vanilla Factions Expanded - Ancients add gene therapy stuff that sits on top of Biotech like a big ugly hat) or even with other mods in the set (They rolled all the Animals and Storytellers into single mods).

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

isndl posted:

42% is plenty, you don't get work/movement speed penalties until you drop below 30%. As far as I know difference between the 31-50% levels only matter for plant growth speed (on the handful of plants that don't require 51%, mostly decorative flowers).

And infestation chance, e.g. a mountain base

marumaru
May 20, 2013

neat addition to that medieval modpack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2916348220&searchtext=

marumaru
May 20, 2013

my aforementioned god-emperess run still hasn't ended, and i'm starting to run into an issue: she's too strong

this is her religion's relic (after uh, a couple of upgrades):

it's kind of op

add that to the fact that she's basically full cyborg:

and she's soloing mech raids. she probably won't even get wounded if this one colonist casts a 15 second invisibility spell on her.

i'm already at Losing Is Fun difficulty. send help (for raiders)

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Yeah once you work out how to stack infusions from Infused!, and I guess can put together the amount of cash and travel and crafting you need to accomplish it, then that's basically it for the combat system. Before Biotech came out I did a run like that and I had a brawler who was like a one-pawn symphony of dismemberment as well as a pair of snipers who could fire something like 80-100 rounds per minute.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Can I take a save and add an expansion to it or does it ruin everything?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Adding mods is usually okay, though a full expansion might cause some issues. Just make a backup save without it first just in case.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

....bodies consumed... 25?

And you call yourself a Rimworld player.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

HelloSailorSign posted:

....bodies consumed... 25?

And you call yourself a Rimworld player.

carefully placing the bodies of my enemies so they're perfectly positioned around my feet for my ungodly rituals is too annoying, so i haven't consumed their eternal souls that often

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Anyone got reccomendations for mods that just add implants? stuff you can bolt on to colonists in bulk.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

smallimaged for reasons

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
Why is among us in that picture

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
:yikes:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
What race mods have you guys been using lately? I was trying to avoid HAR but someone resurrected Android Tiers so that's that. Biotech only are good too mind you

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i wish android tiers was integrated into biotech. i used to use that one a lot

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I just use Biotech stuff at this point tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah I'd rather avoid HAR altogether since my framerate already isn't that great, but I don't see many interesting xenotypes on the workshop, and I'm too boring to make any interesting ones myself :(