Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
I’m already dreading next weeks game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
That was loving harrowing

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

th3t00t posted:

I’m already dreading next weeks game.
They play like this against the Bengals and it's going to be ugly.

They play like this against the Jaguars and the Chargers are gonna feel a bit better about themselves.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Thank god the Bills didn't fully gently caress that one up. We've known they are vulnerable in the secondary and make stupid turnovers all the time, but that was too much. As much as I love Allen, I just wish sometimes he could play normal football. I don't know if it's him or the playcalling, but the Bills so often fail at having just a normal methodical drive to get points and eat time. Either they get electric plays that get big points or they go deep shots that are intercepted or leave them with a 3rd and 10 way too often.

Drops by both teams kind of defined that one. Bills could have been up 21-3 or 24-3 at the half easy. But on the other side if Waddle and Hill didn't inexplicably drop a couple, we would be talking about the second biggest collapse of the post-season. Knox is good enough at TE that even with his drops whatever, but they need a true WR2 over Davis.

No way does this team make it through the Bengals and Chiefs like this.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Skylar Thompson just abandoned another clean pocket

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I know we won, but I can't be happy with this game. Just an unforgivably sloppy effort that would have lost us the game if the Dolphins weren't starting their literal third-string QB.

Congratulations, Buffalo, on your purchase of a copy of the 2022 Minnesota Vikings Experience! We hope you are enjoying your purchase and complimentary heart attack. Please look forward to the next game that will be just as insane but in a completely different way.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

th3t00t posted:

Some pretty lovely non-calls to get Miami back into the game.

That long punt return had 2 huge blocks in the back.

And the pick that bounced off Beasley was blatant holding and dpi.

Refs giveth and the refs taketh.

Lmao nah dude. While I appreciate you sticking to the schtick here, a few huge iffy calls ended the game. But we should’ve made the plays to win, we didn’t and it’s okay because honestly so many guys played their brains out

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1614744062912864258

:thumbsup:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s been covered so many times by Barry Jackson it’s boring at this point. Miami will free up 32 million almost immediately.

The Chubb trade and signing was stupid as gently caress.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Well, that's the price you pay for a Super Bowl window like this, eh? Let me just take a sip of this water and see how long they spent in contention...

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I guess congrats bills on actively trying to give the game away but still winning. One day your receivers won’t hate doing their jobs (besides Diggs)

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s been covered so many times by Barry Jackson it’s boring at this point. Miami will free up 32 million almost immediately.

more concerned with the draft aspect to be honest. i still have a little bit of hope that a new DC might save the Chubb trade

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Not only that I think the 20 mil over number is complete hog wash. They’re 2 million over right now and as Barry point out they have no draft picks!! What cap space is needed to sign a bunch of 4th rounders?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

whatis posted:

checking back in on this comment

The Bills were mostly complicit in this. Miami came to play but Thompson blows. Even though I think Tua stinks they might/probably win that game with him if you assume the Bills were as loose with the ball as they were today and he isn't seeing two of everyone out there

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Nodoze posted:

The Bills were mostly complicit in this. Miami came to play but Thompson blows. Even though I think Tua stinks they might/probably win that game with him if you assume the Bills were as loose with the ball as they were today and he isn't seeing two of everyone out there

if miami was going to have a chance, the bills needed to shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly, something they have done nearly a half dozen times over the course of the season

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I know we won, but I can't be happy with this game. Just an unforgivably sloppy effort that would have lost us the game if the Dolphins weren't starting their literal third-string QB.

Don't give a poo poo anymore. Go Bills.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If Tua stinks I’d hate to think what that makes the other Bama QB

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lots of posts but I’m happy we made the playoffs and scared a few Buffalo fans. The heart Miami showed is strong - I’m still hopeful that McDaniel will improve as a play caller and a game manager.

We need a new DC desperately this defense is way too talented for their overall performances

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

stuker posted:

more concerned with the draft aspect to be honest. i still have a little bit of hope that a new DC might save the Chubb trade

Wasn't Chubb playing hurt for a large part of the year? I don't think you can evaluate the trade until next year if that's the case

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/gregbradyTO/status/1614751594876178432?t=lPfE1Zatg3ehgdKvHGUCQA&s=19

Dolfriends are closer than the Jets

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

I picked one hell of a January to stop smoking weed. Go Bills but GODDAMN !!!

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
good season dolfans. i talked a lot of poo poo but i actually do like tua and i like your team way more than the lovely jets or patriots

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao nah dude. While I appreciate you sticking to the schtick here, a few huge iffy calls ended the game. But we should’ve made the plays to win, we didn’t and it’s okay because honestly so many guys played their brains out
I can admit some iffy calls went in the Bills favor towards the end. I thought Singletary was short by an inch. But we still had 4th down to get that inch.

Why can’t you admit the dolphins got some favorable non-calls that helped get them back into the game?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/1614752749932974081?s=20&t=YvpU9MEQAxHrCiNqQYX1fw

Man, that is loving garbage. Game could of gone either way but the refs gently caress up and tell you you've got a first down and then change it and you're in the wrong personnel?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Redeye Flight posted:

Congratulations, Buffalo, on your purchase of a copy of the 2022 Minnesota Vikings Experience! We hope you are enjoying your purchase and complimentary heart attack. Please look forward to the next game that will be just as insane but in a completely different way.

Lol I'll take it if it gets a W although that game about killed me

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The game was called fine. The refs suck and always miss calls in both directions. Quit bitchin’.

If Tua and McDaniel can just become more consistent I don’t know how much more they actually need to improve, necessarily. They just need to both stop having these wild swings.

I still think we need to replace Boyer and Sanders and then just hope for some health luck (not likely considering our roster does not have a history of it).

The roster as currently constructed has plenty of talent on both sides, if they can get hypnotized to thinking they play for a different franchise they will be able to compete.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Watching this Giants game... The Bills could really use an Isaiah Hodgins type receiver

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Wasn't Chubb playing hurt for a large part of the year? I don't think you can evaluate the trade until next year if that's the case

He was banged up the last couple of weeks but I'm not aware of any significant injury he was playing through. I agree regardless that it's too early to definitively call the trade a bust (though I'll think of what might have been with Roquan)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Hamhandler posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/1614752749932974081?s=20&t=YvpU9MEQAxHrCiNqQYX1fw

Man, that is loving garbage. Game could of gone either way but the refs gently caress up and tell you you've got a first down and then change it and you're in the wrong personnel?

That is garbage

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

stuker posted:

He was banged up the last couple of weeks but I'm not aware of any significant injury he was playing through. I agree regardless that it's too early to definitively call the trade a bust (though I'll think of what might have been with Roquan)

The real question is for what Roquan cost and if you really “aren’t afraid to talk about Super Bowls here”

¿Porque no los dos?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1614753856755494913?t=KkgxBEw5NfW5OWW3fqCFIA&s=19
Wow!

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Hamhandler posted:

The refs felt incredibly unprofessional in this one, on both sides. Not even just in terms of actual calls, but just taking way too long to get the ball set, mis spotting the ball, resetting the game clock, etc. Just an absolute 4 hour mess

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

th3t00t posted:

I can admit some iffy calls went in the Bills favor towards the end. I thought Singletary was short by an inch. But we still had 4th down to get that inch.

Why can’t you admit the dolphins got some favorable non-calls that helped get them back into the game?

I never denied that Miami had a few calls go their way - they absolutely did. Meant nah to the false equivalency.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hamhandler posted:

That’s atrocious if true.

Edit okay seeing a FaceTime of Kaiir crying next to his dad to his uncle about his INT kinda makes me okay losing

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 15, 2023

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

TheBizzness posted:

If Tua and McDaniel can just become more consistent I don’t know how much more they actually need to improve, necessarily.

I'm hoping that year 2 for McDaniels lets him figure out how to do in game stuff better and get the roster to cut down on penalties. That and a better kicker would be a huge improvement without needing to change or upgrade any of the players

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We really really miss Brandon Jones

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I imagine Byron Jones is gone since that’s an instant 15 mil in cap space.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

TheBizzness posted:

I imagine Byron Jones is gone since that’s an instant 15 mil in cap space.

Not really. There's a lot of guarantees in there

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

That’s atrocious if true.

Edit okay seeing a FaceTime of Kaiir crying next to his dad to his uncle about his INT kinda makes me okay losing

kaiir had his best game of the year. i hope he earned a bit more trust from the coaches because he loving balled out today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

tarbrush posted:

Not really. There's a lot of guarantees in there

From 2023 to 2026 Byron Jones contract has no guarantees.