Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

stev posted:

You blind your opponent with the hideous visuals.

Cute.

I just learned that Surfer doesn't care about your Wong-Odin combo, and I will always snap back on 6 with this deck.

Also Leader players snapping on 1 will never stop being funny. :D

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I wish I could trade all of my pixel and chibi variants for something I might actually use. Hell, I'll pay boosters to do it even.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Piggy Smalls posted:

I’m 100 tokens away from getting my pinned she hulk. I read she hulk isn’t worth it anymore. Is that true? If so what should I spend Mg tokens on. They are super hard to save up for.

She's absolutely worth it. She enables a lot of fun decks and tricky plays. As said, the only reason to not buy her now is because she'll be 2k tokens cheaper if you wait till the 31st.

\/ that's what I'm recommending, if it wasn't clear: wait 2 weeks and get her for 1k.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 15, 2023

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

I'm not sure, there are at least 10 series 3 cards that enable more decks than She-Hulk, probably more. No contest between having 3 high-impact cards vs 1. You'd have to be in a pretty specific spot to want to spend the extra 2000 tokens just to have her two weeks early.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Got 3000 tokens and am holding 2000 to ensure I get Brood and Sera if/when they come through, but have Leader in the shop now. Anyone got opinions if it's still as good of a troll card? They still haven't announced any intended large-scale changes for him yet right?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

SweetJahasus posted:

Got 3000 tokens and am holding 2000 to ensure I get Brood and Sera if/when they come through, but have Leader in the shop now. Anyone got opinions if it's still as good of a troll card? They still haven't announced any intended large-scale changes for him yet right?

He’s a good card, not an instant win card or archetype defining one. If you have other pool 3 cards that he plays nice with, go for it.

I personally passed on him when they said they’d look into a rework. Then I got him from a collectors cache and proceeded to get my rear end beat repeatedly.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Leader fails to a lot of decks I play, specifically things like Surfer and T6 zoo decks. Probably fails to last turn Cerebro as well, but I don't have Cerebro yet to try. He's not the instant troll win people think.

Hell, I had someone drop Electro to get Leader T5 and Odin T6 and all he got for his trouble was Maximus, Fantastic and Surfer. He won 1 lane. :)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Every time I win against a t6 leader I do the me marvel thumbs up. It’s the only card I do it against

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Basically if your opponent has a huge 6 drop, Leader can be good. But Zola, Surfer, Secret Zoo and a lot of other combinations just make him a chump.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 15, 2023

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Walla posted:

Basically if you have a huge 6 drop, Leader can be good. But Zola, Surfer, Secret Zoo and a lot of other combinations just make him a chump.

Just don't play brood + surfer when you have priority on T6 vs leader. :doh:

Got a ticket/bug report being looked at.

Seeing Nova interactions not resolving correctly with wolverine when they all get blown up by Galactus, multiple times. If it was Wolverine croaking before Nova I'd get it but its the other way around and it used to work.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Super Skrull is sneaky with Savage Land location. Lotta people running Patriot or Zoo decks that you can just mirror their big power boosters.

I wouldn't recommend getting it in the shop but if you've got him already, it might be worth trying to tech him in for the next couple days.

Also the token shop is incredibly frustrating the deeper you go. Literally the last 3 days the shop has just been swapping between Maria Hill and Orka.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

RevKrule posted:

Super Skrull is sneaky with Savage Land location. Lotta people running Patriot or Zoo decks that you can just mirror their big power boosters.

I wouldn't recommend getting it in the shop but if you've got him already, it might be worth trying to tech him in for the next couple days.

Also the token shop is incredibly frustrating the deeper you go. Literally the last 3 days the shop has just been swapping between Maria Hill and Orka.

I feel that, being someone in early pool 3. I've seen Helicarrier 4 times, Falcon 3 times, and M'Baku 3 times.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Thanks for that Sera deck. When she works she goes HARD. The middle for him had all 1's and a Captain America.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I love Bar Sinister. I just managed to fill it up with Lady Sif in my Morbius+Dracula deck. Dropping a 28 power Apocalypse on T6 is fun. :)

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

Walla posted:

I love Bar Sinister. I just managed to fill it up with Lady Sif in my Morbius+Dracula deck. Dropping a 28 power Apocalypse on T6 is fun. :)

I think my favorite for Bar Sinister so far was a negative Iron Man :smuggo:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
thanks thread for mentioning that Dracula / Zoo deck. I've been getting goofy wins on people

it does make me want to try out my Apoc / Dracula / Morbius deck again but I haven't gotten very many pool 3 discard cards

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

thanks thread for mentioning that Dracula / Zoo deck. I've been getting goofy wins on people

it does make me want to try out my Apoc / Dracula / Morbius deck again but I haven't gotten very many pool 3 discard cards

You just need Colleen Wing. Everything else is secondary.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Devo posted:

You just need Colleen Wing. Everything else is secondary.

the one card I'm missing and hasn't shown up in the shop. I think Hell Cow would be nice too

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

the one card I'm missing and hasn't shown up in the shop. I think Hell Cow would be nice too

Hell Cow is nice but nothing beats Colleen being able to target your Swarm. It's what takes the deck from just ok to actually viable to climb with.

e: also it helps that I have the Kim Jacinto variant which loving rules

Devo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 15, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

# (1) Sunspot
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (4) White Queen
# (6) Hulk
# (6) Magneto
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJhY3VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2hvc3RSaWRlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Here's my Dracula deck. It's not the most consistent, but it's fun and I've won several games with it. Ghost Rider isn't exactly necessary, he's just useful. He gets discarded as often as he gets played.

It's the deck I threw Lady Sif into Bar Sinister with. :)

I'm still missing Colleen and Hell Cow too.

Edit - I thought I had Morbius here. That's this one:

# (1) Blade
# (2) Angela
# (2) Morbius
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Moon Knight
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (5) Black Bolt
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhZGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vcmJpdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25LbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN3b3JkTWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMYWR5U2lmIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHaG9zdFJpZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja0JvbHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFwb2NhbHlwc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbHZlcmluZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3dhcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Sadly I haven't been able to make Dracula and Morbius work well together. It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to MODOK.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 16, 2023

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Sif + Ghost Rider is one of the big combos or backup plans if you don't draw Drac. I'd drop Hulk and run Chavez for that guaranteed big play too, since you'll be able to drop 3 4 costs with zabu in play, making Ghost and Drac a big surprise together with a guaranteed revive of Infi/Magneto + 9 power Dracula and whatever else you drop (Shang, White, etc). I don't think Sword Master has much place in the deck though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

Sif + Ghost Rider is one of the big combos or backup plans if you don't draw Drac. I'd drop Hulk and run Chavez for that guaranteed big play too, since you'll be able to drop 3 4 costs with zabu in play, making Ghost and Drac a big surprise together with a guaranteed revive of Infi/Magneto + 9 power Dracula and whatever else you drop (Shang, White, etc). I don't think Sword Master has much place in the deck though.

The Sif+Ghost combo is fun when you can pull it off, but just as often Sif discards Apocalypse and Ghost Rider has nothing to pull. I found that running Chavez means I'm more likely to pull Chavez with Dracula, but without I'm almost Guaranteed to pull a minimum of 12 power.

The combo is strong, but the deck still works with Jessica Jones or Rescue in place of Ghost Rider. I'd say Jubilee is more necessary than him.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
drat figuring out your opponent's deck and making the right moves feels good. I saw that Destroyer coming and put Shang Chi in just the right spot.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Walla posted:

The Sif+Ghost combo is fun when you can pull it off, but just as often Sif discards Apocalypse and Ghost Rider has nothing to pull.

Drac Zoo doesn't run Apoc. It's about consistently dumping your hand for an already big 6 cost like Inf, Destroyer, etc.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Walla posted:

# (1) Sunspot
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (4) White Queen
# (6) Hulk
# (6) Magneto
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJhY3VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2hvc3RSaWRlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifV19
#

Here's my Dracula deck. It's not the most consistent, but it's fun and I've won several games with it. Ghost Rider isn't exactly necessary, he's just useful. He gets discarded as often as he gets played.

It's the deck I threw Lady Sif into Bar Sinister with. :)

I'm still missing Colleen and Hell Cow too.

Edit - I thought I had Morbius here. That's this one:

# (1) Blade
# (2) Angela
# (2) Morbius
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Moon Knight
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (5) Black Bolt
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhZGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vcmJpdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25LbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN3b3JkTWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMYWR5U2lmIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHaG9zdFJpZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja0JvbHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFwb2NhbHlwc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbHZlcmluZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3dhcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9XX0=
#

Sadly I haven't been able to make Dracula and Morbius work well together. It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to MODOK.

top deck looks fun but I don't have Ghost Rider or Rescue but I think Lockjaw might work as another way to cheat in Zabu or a heavy hitter. I guess maybe Drax would work too?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

Drac Zoo doesn't run Apoc. It's about consistently dumping your hand for an already big 6 cost like Inf, Destroyer, etc.

That's not a Dracula Dump. It's just a deck that makes use of Dracula.

This is my Dracula Dump:

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Elektra
# (1) Hawkeye
# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Korg
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Beast
# (2) Daredevil
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Strong Guy
# (5) Gamora
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLb3JnIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEcmFjdWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJbmZpbmF1dCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGF3a2V5ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Ryb25nR3V5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbGVrdHJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbnRNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJlYXN0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uRmlzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYW1vcmEifV19
#

All 3 decks work slightly different. I found that Chavez here made it less consistent for me to dump my hand by T6, though I could probably drop Gamora if I wanted to.

All 3 decks work slightly different, even if they all share the same core principle.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

top deck looks fun but I don't have Ghost Rider or Rescue but I think Lockjaw might work as another way to cheat in Zabu or a heavy hitter. I guess maybe Drax would work too?

Yeah, any kind of heavy 4 drop could work. Drax, Namor, Gamora, even Spider Woman. Lady Sif into Ghost Rider is fun, but the other heavy cards are there in case you don't manage the combo.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Walla posted:

That's not a Dracula Dump. It's just a deck that makes use of Dracula.

and how do you think it does so? The person I was replying to specifically didn't list Apoc in the deck we're talking about either.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

and how do you think it does so? The person I was replying to specifically didn't list Apoc in the deck we're talking about either.

I think we're having different conversations. I'm talking about the first Dracula deck I posted. I was replying to the statement about Ghost Rider being a necessary part of the combo in that deck.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RevKrule posted:

Savage Land is only Hot for another three hours.

Also I would be very cautious when playing Super Skrull, as it copies some ongoing effects that you may not want. I've seen people accidentally lock themselves out of a lane because their opponent had Ebony Maw, for example. And you definitely don't want to play it early, because while 4/2 is a pretty nice stat line for Iron Man it's not so nice for Red Skull.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Mr.PayDay posted:

Hey, let me be mad in a dead comedy forum about a mobile game made for pooping sessions. Oh, Snap! :colbert:

I'm pretty sure you don't need my permission or approval to throw a fit.

Choose a lane: is the game completely unfair and a subject of scrutiny or is it just a game you play on the toilet.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 16, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The Sean posted:

I'm pretty sure you don't need my permission or approval to throw a fit.

Choose a lane: is the game completely unfair and a subject of scrutiny or is it just a game you play on the toilet.

No, no, when playing Marvel Snap, you want to win both lanes. :v:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The game definitely feels unfair sometimes, but that's the nature of CCGs. All day I've gone from 49 to 47 and back, and the climb up is always harder.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Well after letting go of Wave in the token shop I just had Surfer show up. Since I already have Sera and still need 5k tokens (by which time I will have probably gotten Brood?!) I guess pinning him is worth it?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sera Surfer is very good. Brood is very strong in the deck as well, but it can work without.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Walla posted:

Sera Surfer is very good. Brood is very strong in the deck as well, but it can work without.

It really is. I don't even have Maximus or Polaris and it's still a steady climber. Would be sketchy without Brood though, as well as the sheer power, it enables a lot of tricks you don't have access to otherwise (Luke's Bar, Death's Domain/other destroy locations, etc).

Since it'll take you about a year to earn 5000 tokens anyway, probably a moot point.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

cgeq posted:

Well after letting go of Wave in the token shop I just had Surfer show up. Since I already have Sera and still need 5k tokens (by which time I will have probably gotten Brood?!) I guess pinning him is worth it?

Surfer will be dropping to S4 in three weeks, so no. Even if you were S3 complete it would probably take longer than that to earn 5k tokens.

We've seen now how quickly cards will drop, and it looks like no card will be spending more than two or three months in S5 apart from Galactus and Thanos. Darkhawk and Sentry only came out 4 weeks ago, but it's very likely that the March drops along with Surfer will be the pair of them plus Knull because no other cards have been in the series longer. With cards also dropping to S3 at the same rate, we should expect to see every new card become available to F2Ps four or five months after release, six at most. My personal thought on that basis is that you should save tokens so you can grab something new and obviously powerful when it appears, but not worry too much about pinning anything.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Devo posted:

I wish I could trade all of my pixel and chibi variants for something I might actually use. Hell, I'll pay boosters to do it even.

I feel like they have to do crafting or trades eventually, there's already way too much chaf with the free variants and the fact that every split makes a new one, and that's only going to get worse

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Broke 50 and made platinum! More importantly I got the last 100 tokens I needed for Rogue! It's a good week. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I feel like they have to do crafting or trades eventually, there's already way too much chaf with the free variants and the fact that every split makes a new one, and that's only going to get worse

It's worth the time to go through and set a favorite on every card so you can turn off "All variants" and cut down on the mess.