Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I shall take this advice. Already I've flung myself backwards into the cryptozoologist's wife while flipping the double bird, so this is a good sign of things to come.

Also dump spare points into half light for maximum authenticity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

EorayMel posted:

Also dump spare points into half light for maximum authenticity

Half-light and shivers make a great pair with high pysch.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I tried to do the communist quest last time I played but I got locked out after a skill check very early on. What would be the best build to make sure that quest happens?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Propaganda Machine posted:

I tried to do the communist quest last time I played but I got locked out after a skill check very early on. What would be the best build to make sure that quest happens?

You need a lot of Composure and Rhetoric, and I *think* Perception is mandatory too by the act of smelling communism, so prioritizing INT/MOT is good. Maybe some Suggestion to be safe. Basically more looking and talking the part and less how much you love working out or screaming.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

If I can't work out and scream, I don't want to be part of your revolution :colbert:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Kim is just salty because he's got a smoker's endurance. He needs the exercise, especially in his line of work. What he needs is a coach.

You know who else needed a coach, Kim?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I love how you can bring it up at the end and Jean just loses his poo poo that you've started talking about Contact Mike again.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Lmao please tell me you have a screenshot of that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Orange Devil posted:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I don’t, but it’s basically just him going “oh god not this again”

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
There's this Russian guy and his Kim doing DE stuff and while I don't speak Russian I think there's some good room for content. Sorry for the bad formatting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDAvgGzBXw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFa-Is0HmO0&t=1s

KORNOLOGY fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 14, 2023

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

don't think I have a screenshot of what happens if you pick the top dialogue option though

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

World War Mammories posted:

don't think I have a screenshot of what happens if you pick the top dialogue option though

YOU - "Contact Mike is a reprise of the most inspiring basic sporting principle of open competition! A 5,000-1 rank outsider!"

JEAN VICQUEMARE - "Oh -- you don't say?" He arches an eyebrow. "Does he also *vault an impassible gulf of finance and privilege*?"

JUDIT MINOT - "It is... it *is* getting cold out..." She looks around -- at the dilapidated fishing village.

Here's the relevant conversation for anyone who check it out.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
https://twitter.com/BootsRiley/status/1614397950788243458

:eyepop:

I know Boots Riley has a new show coming out and has been working in that field for a bit. The proposed Disco Elysium show at Amazon still sounds like a nightmare, but if Kurvitz is able to get the rights sorted and still wants to do that kind of thing in the DE world, at least Boots is a comrade and would have a better vision for it than the IRL Wild Pines television branch...

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/BootsRiley/status/1614395096941879296

solidarity forever

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
posing in front of the Feld building, pretending a metronome is a detonator

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I'll say this for nowt, Riley would make it very interesting. And odds are in the good way.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/artofrostov/status/1614550776084566016

something beautiful is going to happen

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

yes yes let's fuckin goooooooo

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

running around in circles hooting and hollering

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Robert isn't quite a Virgo. Almost, though!

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

yes! yes!!!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Kill my landlord? Kim, am I a landlord? Should I kill.....me!?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Who is boots Riley?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Encyclopedia is failing me too, who the heck is this guy

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

sebmojo posted:

Who is boots Riley?

Leftwing rapper from The Coup who also made the movie Sorry To Bother You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 16, 2023

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

also responsible for the best album cover in history, created in june 2001 and originally slated for a release in mid-september

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

World War Mammories posted:

also responsible for the best album cover in history, created in june 2001 and originally slated for a release in mid-september

Holy poo poo THAT'S Boots Riley :aaaaa:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

If you are in this thread and have not seen Sorry To Bother You, do so immediately.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NmareBfly posted:

If you are in this thread and have not seen Sorry To Bother You, do so immediately.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Question; one of the things said to Harry at the end of the game made me wonder something - does Harry literally act like this all of the time? The implication seems to be that it's normal for him to get into weird, inane conversations with everyone around him about everything, even when he hasn't deleted his mind with booze.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

It's on netflix.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Question; one of the things said to Harry at the end of the game made me wonder something - does Harry literally act like this all of the time? The implication seems to be that it's normal for him to get into weird, inane conversations with everyone around him about everything, even when he hasn't deleted his mind with booze.

at his lowest point of decline as a sad weirdo constantly high and or on drugs, probably yeah

the biggest difference would be his ability to remember what money is

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Depends on what kind of Harry tbh

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

sebmojo posted:

Who is boots Riley?

Boots posted:

I'm Boots Riley it's a pleasure to meet you
Never let they punk rear end ever defeat you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_gFyB6GnA

he owns.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Harry's dream version of his ex flat out accuses him of talking to everyone in tedious lists so yes, probably.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

He's a goddamn human can opener

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Janissary Hop posted:

Harry's dream version of his ex flat out accuses him of talking to everyone in tedious lists so yes, probably.

That particular line depends on your signature skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Janissary Hop posted:

they're not *lists*

they're *trees*

is a thing you can say lol