Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Hey thread I returned the card (i think i forgot to mention it had $300(CAD) on it). Im still poor but I guess I'm less of a piece of poo poo?

Pretty sure they shredded it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Whoa that's 200 hot dogs with drink and refills

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Poopelyse posted:

I've only had the chicken bake one time and i gotta say, it's a little disappointing. yes it's big but overall kind of meh. maybe adding the dog in there would help it...

It needs some zing. I think some cajun seasoning would help.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mr.Acula posted:

Hey thread I helped an ultra capitalist mega corporation and Im still poor but I guess I'm less of a piece of poo poo?

Pretty sure they shredded it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Costco website has children’s motrin. That stuff is extremely tough to find right now, so heads up if you need some.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

the old formulation bake from a couple years ago was better

Used to make 'em fresh everyday, now they're shipped in frozen

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What's the best gummy vitamin supplement purely from a taste standpoint I don't care which actual vitamin is in it, the best one I've found so far is Vitafusion D3 followed by the Hair and Nail one.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

BadSamaritan posted:

Costco website has children’s motrin. That stuff is extremely tough to find right now, so heads up if you need some.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Grabbed the 3-pack, berry flavored even, little ROJO's favorite - PBUC.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

My 'stco was getting ready for inventory and there was a weird post-christmas clearance section. There was a single giant deluxe scrabble with no price on it, and it rang up $40. Sold!

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Orvin posted:

My local Costco was completely out of fresh eggs this morning. It must have happened Friday or Saturday, as there wasn’t even a vacant spot in the cold room for them to be. It was also pretty clear that I wasn’t the only person that was looking for eggs, as there was a few people that went into the cold room, did a quick look around and leave.

Weird. Mine too. My wife didn't believe me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wayne Knight posted:

My 'stco was getting ready for inventory and there was a weird post-christmas clearance section. There was a single giant deluxe scrabble with no price on it, and it rang up $40. Sold!

I have that board and it’s hella worth it.

That’s a great find.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

nollij posted:

Weird. Mine too. My wife didn't believe me.

mine had a sign up saying OUT OF EGGS in the section where they usually were, at least

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Orvin posted:

My local Costco was completely out of fresh eggs this morning. It must have happened Friday or Saturday, as there wasn’t even a vacant spot in the cold room for them to be. It was also pretty clear that I wasn’t the only person that was looking for eggs, as there was a few people that went into the cold room, did a quick look around and leave.

My costco has been out of eggs for what seems like at least a month.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Does Costco sell (live) chickens? Boom egg problem solved.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SirPablo posted:

Does Costco sell (live) chickens? Boom egg problem solved.

Well, until Zero VGS bought a flock or two and then returned the bones for a full refund a year later.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Taking my steaming poo poo to Costco returns, did not feel my dinner was up to snuff

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Taking these diapers back, didn't hold enough poo poo.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

My costco has been out of eggs for what seems like at least a month.

Yeah same here. I'd be surprised if Costco really got smaller shipments than the other grocery retailers, where I am able to find eggs. I think Costco tends to attract the kind of people who panic buy during shortages.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

What's the best gummy vitamin supplement purely from a taste standpoint I don't care which actual vitamin is in it, the best one I've found so far is Vitafusion D3 followed by the Hair and Nail one.

Unfortunately for my sleep brain it's the melatonin ones

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Egg report. Mine in Denver had eggs and they were $5.99 for two dozen. I proclaimed to my wife the egg shortage is over, although it looks like in wrong.

I also went home to find I have like 18 old eggs in here that I should dispose of.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Poopelyse posted:

I've only had the chicken bake one time and i gotta say, it's a little disappointing. yes it's big but overall kind of meh. maybe adding the dog in there would help it...

Yeah it’s kind of bland. Chicken and cream. Maybe some black pepper would help.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

StormDrain posted:

I also went home to find I have like 18 old eggs in here that I should return.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My Costco only had 5 dozen egg boxes

So we bought 5 dozen eggs :henget:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

That made me choke laugh. They're not from Costco though! We go through eggs in waves, I either cook two dozen in a week or dont use any for two months. These were from the egg free times and just from the little store (grocery store).

Groceries either come from The Big C or The Little Store.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
How long does it take for eggs to actually go bad? Not the fake date They try to push on you.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

SirPablo posted:

How long does it take for eggs to actually go bad? Not the fake date They try to push on you.

If you have to ask, you aren't eating enough eggs

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Eggs are eggs

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

SirPablo posted:

I would eat them up to about a month after I buy, maybe a bit longer. I can't describe it but they're just not as good after that.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

we've funded a long term storage study with some egg scientists, should be published sometime this year. they found that they're safe to eat up even up to around the 6 month mark*. quality declines and it'll lose the ability to do things like hold structure in an angel food cake, for instance, but it won't kill you.

*if held between 34-45F, if the shell and membrane remain intact, if it was properly processed and held at the origin farm, and if the egg remains clean.

I know a lot about eggs, ok

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Should've stockpiled eggs six months ago I guess

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ixo posted:

we've funded a long term storage study with some egg scientists, should be published sometime this year. they found that they're safe to eat up even up to around the 6 month mark*. quality declines and it'll lose the ability to do things like hold structure in an angel food cake, for instance, but it won't kill you.

*if held between 34-45F, if the shell and membrane remain intact, if it was properly processed and held at the origin farm, and if the egg remains clean.

What are you, some kind of eggspert

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Johnny Truant posted:

My Costco only had 5 dozen egg boxes

So we bought 5 dozen eggs :henget:
Lmao okay Gaston

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What I was told is the FDA grade of the eggs goes down a letter every week. Like three weeks past expiration they're Grade D.

I specifically try and keep old eggs because they're so much easier to peel for boiled. I wouldn't blink at three months old (but I'd check for floating and wouldn't use them to bake)

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
the person telling you that was not an eggspert. the FDA works to keep you safe from salmonella enteritidis, but they wouldn't have the first clue how to grade an egg. only about half of the eggs in the country are graded by USDA (costco has theirs graded, typically).

the minimum salable quality of egg is grade B, anything not meeting that standard must be either broken out and pasteurized or tossed/sent off for animal food.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Look I'm not eating them raw like some maniac.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

that makes sense in my experience, I have had some eggs for months that were still OK. they would start to float in water and would not taste as good if you're just making like scrambled eggs but they don't seem off or bad, definitely not rotten or anything.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

SirPablo posted:

Eggs are eggs

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

ixo posted:

Please post a link to this when it’s published… this is a topic of conversation that comes up more often than it should and has a wide range of beliefs

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Maybe this is a good time to move this conversation to the official GBS Egg Thread for Egg Related Posting on Eggs

Just sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

ixo posted:

the person telling you that was not an eggspert. the FDA works to keep you safe from salmonella enteritidis, but they wouldn't have the first clue how to grade an egg. only about half of the eggs in the country are graded by USDA (costco has theirs graded, typically).

the minimum salable quality of egg is grade B, anything not meeting that standard must be either broken out and pasteurized or tossed/sent off for animal food.

Salmonella from raw eggs is kinda bullshit though, right? From what I can see commercially sold eggs are washed so that it won't be on the shells, and the contents are fine if it passes a sniff test?