Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Absolutely; Abs Man is great in this deck. It's not just another surfer; it's also another Brood with more power (which gets copied!) or another Ironheart in a pinch. Surfer + Abs Man also gives Surfer 3 more power which can be very helpful.

Note that Abs Man does not work with Wong; it will only get one Surfer/Ironheart trigger on the Wong lane.

Oh that’s good to know, guess that would be too OP if the on reveal he copies fires twice. Does he go off again if odin’d with the copied on reveal or does he copy odin and fire that off? (Or neither)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

priznat posted:

Oh that’s good to know, guess that would be too OP if the on reveal he copies fires twice. Does he go off again if odin’d with the copied on reveal or does he copy odin and fire that off? (Or neither)

The copied On Reveal should go off with Odin. There are actually two mechanics at play here:

1) Absorbing Man and Mystique both lose their original On Reveal when they gain another ability. Their text does not make this obvious.
2) Cards like Odin, Ghost Rider, Jubilee, etc that pull other cards into play don't count as "played" until their ability finishes. So Odin on a Taskmaster (e.g.) would set Taskmaster's power to the power of the last card played before Odin.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Bought my first card, Destroyer! I’m enjoying playing around with I’m, and as side effect this “win a location with one card” challenge has gotten a lot easier lol

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I had some fun with this deck during lunch. Sera might not be needed but I'm thinking of dropping Armor for Wong.

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Armor
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Sandman
# (4) Warpath
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Sera
# (6) Spectrum
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFudE1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhbmRtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNwZWN0cnVtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXYXJwYXRoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSb2d1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWduZXRvIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
If anyone is having difficulty with winning a location with one card, remember that you can concede after turn 3 and still get credit. Just dump cards into one location

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hmm. What's the worst card in Snap. The card which like, even in their optimal scenario is unlikely to do much. Crystal? Even with Zabu decks she doesn't do anything. I'd say Nakia, but now that they're 3/2 it's proooobably just regular bad.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Just ignore me slamming another Nova into the "make a copy of this card in your hand" node. No reason I'm just filling this place up.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Crystal is a powerhouse in negative Zabu. T3 Zabu, T4 Neg + Crystal, T5 + 6 you dump a ton of stuff like 0/5 Ironman and 0/6 Zabu along with a 4/5 Panther, etc. she essentially gets you 3 more negative draws which is nuts.

Baron Mordo is statically the worst card.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

suction posted:

If anyone is having difficulty with winning a location with one card, remember that you can concede after turn 3 and still get credit. Just dump cards into one location

I mean honestly if you're retreating at an appropriate rate this one will complete itself eventually. There's no need to play for it specifically.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

priznat posted:

Took the Zabu/Ironheart advice and this deck is really fun:

Main weakness will be any locations that can't get into easily, only Mr Fantastic can get em.

Having Zabu + Sera down for that T6 wong drop + surfer + another 3 card (ironheart)

I'd remove Bishop and add Domino. Non-Negative Surfer decks generally don't drop enough cards to really scale him out of control and Domino guarantees you'll have something to do on Turn 2.

And I disagree about Abs Man being good in the deck. You already have Wong/Surfer, which is pretty greedy and Abs Man will likely be a dead card in any game you don't have Zabu on 3.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I was wondering about bishop although he usually gets up to 9+ after a surfer pass. Might try some tweaks!

Need to get mr negative too..

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Studio posted:

Hmm. What's the worst card in Snap. The card which like, even in their optimal scenario is unlikely to do much. Crystal? Even with Zabu decks she doesn't do anything. I'd say Nakia, but now that they're 3/2 it's proooobably just regular bad.

m'baku

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
The other thing about Yondu is that even though it is information symmetric the other player has to be paying attention. I don't know how many times I've glanced back over at an in progress game and realized I missed the burn. Still waiting for a play history in game

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

I think Quicksilver is worse than M'Baku. At least with M'Baku you can play him in a Lockjaw deck and he doesn't steal a draw.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
::tips fedora:: m’baku

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It's Morph. There's a reason your opponent isn't playing that card in this position!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

priznat posted:

Yeah I was wondering about bishop although he usually gets up to 9+ after a surfer pass. Might try some tweaks!

Need to get mr negative too..

Don't put Domino in your deck. She, like Quicksilver, negatively impacts your future draws.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Walla posted:

Don't put Domino in your deck. She, like Quicksilver, negatively impacts your future draws.

Yah I would go for something else other than her instead of bishop. Enchantress or cosmo maybe

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Walla posted:

Domino isn't strictly bad. Do you want a t2 play for helping with priority going into t3, or do you want a ~6% lower chance to pull a specific card?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

canyonero posted:

Domino isn't strictly bad. Do you want a t2 play for helping with priority going into t3, or do you want a ~6% lower chance to pull a specific card?

When you put her in your deck, you get both! :v:

suction
Jul 17, 2009

Devo posted:

I mean honestly if you're retreating at an appropriate rate this one will complete itself eventually. There's no need to play for it specifically.

It's for the situations where I'm almost done pooping and just wanted to complete the quests and get outta there

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Started running a Zabu Discard deck today and it's been pretty good. very loving sneaky end game.

2 - Morbin time
3 - Gambit
3 - Zabu
3 - Sif
3 - Sword Master
4 - Dracula
4 - Wong
4 - Hell Cow
4 - Absorbing Man
5 - Sera
6 - Apocalypse
6 - America Chavez

Drop Morbius when you can. Drop Zabu when you can. Drop Sera on 5. Chavez helps push to make sure Apocalypse is in your deck but there's a lot of win conditions for the final board.

Wong and something like Gambit is 3 points on the final drop. If Morbius is out, you can do worse than just vomiting discard effects onto the board. Been doing some good work for me today.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Started running a Zabu Discard deck today and it's been pretty good. very loving sneaky end game.

This is close to mine. I would recommend dropping Sword for Ghost Rider if possible. He adds to your sneaky turn 6 plays and works great when Gambit hits something you need, including cheating out a Sera on 4.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Walla posted:

Domino is fine in a pure Sufer list because you're never going to play out your entire hand anyway. Yes, she costs you a draw at one of your other cards, but unless the draw is exactly Sufer, it doesn't have much negative impact.

The other way to build Sufer is to include some regular 1-2 drops so that you reliably have them for some of turns 1, 2, and 4 to help fill out your curve. e.g.,

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
Yondu talk, like I'm not saying this is a winning way to play but drat if I don't love throwing Yondu on Bar Sinister. I already run Cable and Mantis in this dino deck, like sorry friend did you mean to draw nothing/only rocks on turns 5 and 6 cause that's what you're doing now

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah Yondu has niche uses and can even get automatic concedes a lot of times. He's nowhere near a top 1 drop and his effect is just a worse Manis or White Queen 99% of the time, but he's playable.

\/ it does work for Death.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 16, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

When Yondu kills that Patriot or Ultron or whatever you know their big last play was, it’s good. Also, it doesn’t trigger Wolverine which is cool. No idea if it impacts Death or whatnot but hey not bad.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

When Yondu kills that Patriot or Ultron or whatever you know their big last play was, it’s good. Also, it doesn’t trigger Wolverine which is cool. No idea if it impacts Death or whatnot but hey not bad.

They were never going to play that big play, though, because it was a card they weren't going to draw. Yondu does count for Death, though, and he also gives you information.

Would still rather run Iceman as the default 1-drop even in a Death deck. gently caress that card is annoying.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

They were never going to play that big play, though, because it was a card they weren't going to draw.
he also gives you information.

That's the point they're making. That info on what their endgame/deck is and knowing they can't make it (drawn or not) is why some people will just auto concede when it happens. Doesn't matter if they would have drawn it, but it does matter that now both players know that they won't.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

canyonero posted:

When your deck almost depends on drawing 2 specific cards by 2 specific turns, then yes that 6% matters. The only T2 play I care about in a surfer deck is Angela, maybe Sunspot if he's in my deck. Playing on curve isn't a viable strategy most of the time anyway.

Skippy McPants posted:

Domino is fine in a pure Sufer list because you're never going to play out your entire hand anyway. Yes, she costs you a draw at one of your other cards, but unless the draw is exactly Sufer, it doesn't have much negative impact.

The other way to build Sufer is to include some regular 1-2 drops so that you reliably have them for some of turns 1, 2, and 4 to help fill out your curve. e.g.,

See above. Some 1 drops are fine. I often include Nightcrawler or Uatu, or both. But Quicksilver and Domino means possibly not seeing Sera and Surfer, and you'll never know which games they impact. 1 or 2 additional points on the board that aren't even getting buffed isn't very impactful.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think Gambit is my most hated card now especially if they can get it on a wong or bar sinister/london. I just haaaaaaaate it so much.

Also juggernaut being a guaranteed win for a storm lane is annoying.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

This is close to mine. I would recommend dropping Sword for Ghost Rider if possible. He adds to your sneaky turn 6 plays and works great when Gambit hits something you need, including cheating out a Sera on 4.

Two matches with Ghost Rider and he stole me a win both times.
Spotted a Cerebro 2 and snapped when I pulled Zabu.

Before final turn. I'm placing Hell Cow, Gambit, Ghost Rider and Morbin Time.

I put a lot into Gambit hitting different cards and probably should've for the smart move played Ghost Rider in the right lane but I'll take the 4 cubes.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

When Surfers collide. I love Rogue.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I wish Blackbolt was more useful. He's a 5/8 who discards the lowest cost card from your opponent's hand. Even on Wong that's not a strong turn 5 play. If it was discarding a random card it might be better. Maybe with Moon Knight or Black Widow to limit their cards in hand.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I've been playing this game for like a week and still havent run into half the stuff you guys are talking about. Having lots of fun tho, just clawed rank 40 at CL 199. Used all my free gold to buy credits and I'll probably keep doing that at this rate...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Studio posted:

Nakia is ok, in a balanced version of the game unpredictable +2 buffs would matter a lot but this is the zabu surfer galactus game now. Worst card is baron mordo.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I put Nakia in that Sera control deck because I don't have Mysterio and she works well. Drop her on 3 or 4 and bump up damage on a couple things for your 6th turn nuke.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Doobie Keebler posted:

I wish Blackbolt was more useful. He's a 5/8 who discards the lowest cost card from your opponent's hand. Even on Wong that's not a strong turn 5 play. If it was discarding a random card it might be better. Maybe with Moon Knight or Black Widow to limit their cards in hand.

Only thing I can think of is using Wave to improve your odds of hitting something important. I suppose he also punishes Zabu users.

I agree with you that I wish he was more useful.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

priznat posted:

I think Gambit is my most hated card now especially if they can get it on a wong or bar sinister/london. I just haaaaaaaate it so much.

It’s not like Gambit needs a nerf since he’s not really dominating the game or anything, but aesthetically when you run out of cards to discard, he should stop killing guys on the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

Nakia is ok, in a balanced version of the game unpredictable +2 buffs would matter a lot but this is the zabu surfer galactus game now. Worst card is baron mordo.

Then it will amuse you to know that Mordo used to be worse; he gave your opponent a card but only increased its cost by 1. He didn't have a cost limiter at that time, so he could potentially make a 6-drop unplayable, but even so he was still just giving 1/1 to Iceman and having your opponent draw a card.