Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

FilthyImp posted:

Elon tried to fit his foreskin over grimes' clit. He kept grunting and asking if she liked it and how hot it was but she was 3 layers deep into an LSD-Ayahusca trip and could only think of calamari.

She woke with a feeling of deep sadness

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

FilthyImp posted:

Elon tried to fit his foreskin over grimes' clit. He kept grunting and asking if she liked it and how hot it was but she was 3 layers deep into an LSD-Ayahusca trip and could only think of calamari.

:chloe:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

concerning

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I've never encountered a single person on the left who has any positive impression of George Soros whatsoever, if they even know who he is.

george soros is responsible for a loooot of pro-democracy work in eastern europe, especially in the mid-90s/early 00s & specifically former soviet/warsaw pact states

this is a big reason why there's that huge russia-fueled rightwing hate fest directed towards him while nobody on the other side of american politics really knows who he is or what he does.

he doesn't really do much in u.s. politics, compared to what he's done in countries like georgia and iirc like slovakia, czechia, moldova, ukraine etc.

his whole big thing is just open democracy as far as I know unless he's truly got some sinister hidden motive, which, I'd never put past any billionaire to have

but afaik he's actually quite benign unless you're an autocrat or wannabe autocrat

im not an expert on the guy tho so fact check this before repeating it pls

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

They've already been gearing up to slot in Klaus Schwab, a guy you're also never going to have heard of outside of right-wing grousing.

He runs the World Economic Forum, an think tank for wealthy liberals devoted entirely to offering capital-friendly "solutions" to climate change and other global problems caused by capitalism. Mostly pumping out hype pieces for carbon credits and tech bros and how they'll save the earth. Absolutely nothing of consequence, but because they're trying to sell to liberals, they're obviously the face of the New World Order.

yea Klaus is the chosen Emmanuel Goldstein of the right-wing "Great Reset" (((conspiracy)))

I'd bet he's their soros backup/replacement

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

lol hope multiple gov. orgs try to black bag musky.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Ror posted:

I'm not sure that I've ever actually heard a person mention Soros in real life.

But I really just wonder that if he is a such a master at controlling politics with his money then what am I supposed to think about the guy openly posting about right-wing poo poo who has 25x as much money?

The only time I have ever heard about George Soros is at my cousin's funeral when her crazy Q nut uncle decided to use this as an icebreaker with my mother and I while we were sitting at a table with his sister - a women whose daughter just died after a two year struggle with cancer. We are often mistaken for Jewish and he thought "jew who worked with nazis" would somehow be a good conversation piece with us. He drove something like 2,000 miles to the funeral over the span of three days because he couldn't take his gun on the plane.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

FilthyImp posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

relatable

Edit: the second part

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cryptofascist is the new trendy identifier that libertarians use for themselves

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

lol hope multiple gov. orgs try to black bag musky.

looking into it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
some buttcoinners took it as a name because and they thought they invented it .

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

FilthyImp posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You goonsire owe me a new keyboard pair of pants (because just splooged super hard in my pants)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

QuarkJets posted:

Buddy, I got bad news for you if you think the word cryptofascist is just now being used to refer to conservatives with a hard on for anti-democratic and anti-humanist behavior.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I don’t have one, but I know some cars have the thing where you carry the key fob and they just… unlock when you’re near? You don’t turn the ignition either, just carry the key and press the start button.

Could those have a similar problem in emergencies? Just curious

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

morningdrew posted:

Elaine: I've got another date with Kyle tonight, I think he might be the one, Jerry!
Jerry: what'd you say he does again?
Elaine: He started a tech company, some kind of fancy app to make fantasy football picks or something. They just got another round of funding, so he's sending a limo to pick me up later! A limo, Jerry!
Jerry: Uh huh, tell me something, how does he dress?
Elaine: ...what do you mean? He dresses... normal
Jerry: Normal, like me? Or normal, like Kramer?

[Kramer bursts through the door]

Kramer: oh hey buddy, hi Elaine
Elaine: yeah, hi. C'mon Jerry, he dresses normal.
Jerry: what did he wear on your last date?
Elaine: what does it matter?
Jerry: Come on, Elaine! What kind of shirt?
Elaine: ...it was a plain black Tshirt
Jerry: ah HA! I knew it. You're dating a tech bro!
Elaine: No! Don't say that! He's perfect, Jerry!
Kramer: My friend Bob Sacamano just sat on the board of some new tech company, they just got a new round of funding and he invited me to their party tonight. He's even sending a limo, Jerry!

[buzzer goes off]

Jerry: yeah?
George, through buzzer: it's me

[Jerry buzzes in George]

Jerry: where is this party, anyway?
Kramer: they rented a suite at Yankee Stadium, Jerry. All you can eat buffet and Aaron Judge hitting dingers!

[George enters, wearing a suit]

Jerry: The last time I saw you in a suit was Susan's funeral. What's the occasion?
George: I can't take it anymore, Jerry - Steinbrenner has me driving limos now! For a bunch of snotty tech bros!

Gotta repost this because I actually laughed out loud

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I don’t have one, but I know some cars have the thing where you carry the key fob and they just… unlock when you’re near? You don’t turn the ignition either, just carry the key and press the start button.

Could those have a similar problem in emergencies? Just curious

Typically a little spare key is contained within the fob and you can insert it into a hidden keyhole

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Archonex posted:

Buddy, I got bad news for you if you think the word cryptofascist is just now being used to refer to conservatives with a hard on for anti-democratic and anti-humanist behavior.

For themselves though?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Lord Stimperor posted:

Typically a little spare key is contained within the fob and you can insert it into a hidden keyhole

i don't think teslas have a physical key/keyhole. so if poo poo gets locked down :shrug:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Buce posted:

i don't think teslas have a physical key/keyhole. so if poo poo gets locked down :shrug:

The question was about *other* cars

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I predict Tesla will create energy construct projection technology, just so they can make their entire cars require a charge to exist. If you run out of juice the car disappears and dumps all your poo poo on the ground, along with several thousand pounds of dead batteries and a touch screen with the cry laughing emoji burned into lcd.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It would also require a subscription.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

I thought it was in reference to a racist Bigfoot

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/16/23557210/twitter-workers-class-action-severance-lawsuit

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

goatface posted:

It would also require a subscription.

It does a live update while you’re sitting in it; car briefly flashes in and out of existence, causing you to become partially embedded, like those guys in The Philadelphia Experiment.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

The Postman posted:

Remember when Twitter abruptly banned links to competitors? Give me more of that poo poo Elon!

He'll do it when he feels like his back is against the wall and he continues draining cash into Twitter. Unfortunately, Musk is stuck in a perennial "Divorced Rumpelstilskin" mode and even though he's lost $200 billion, he probably still has an insane buffer before feeling any sort of pinch.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Tangential to Elon, where’s ye now? Is he still being used by chuds or has someone convinced or forced him to get some treatment?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
According to Yahoo news ye got secret married this weekend to some blonde lady that was all the headline said I didn't read any more

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

DRINK ME posted:

Tangential to Elon, where’s ye now? Is he still being used by chuds or has someone convinced or forced him to get some treatment?

got fake married to a groupie to try to give the media something else to talk about. ghosting his lawyers, who dropped him.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Definitely good and cool cars

https://www.nsnews.com/local-news/tesla-suddenly-accelerates-into-bc-ferries-ramp-breaks-in-two-6385255

quote:

West Vancouver police are investigating the sudden acceleration of a Tesla that resulted in the vehicle slamming into a BC Ferries ramp at Horseshoe Bay terminal, causing it to break in two last Saturday.

Sgt. Mark McLean, a spokesperson for West Vancouver Police Department, told Glacier Media the driver and passenger were both taken to hospital for non-life threatening injuries and are cooperating with the investigation.

“It looks like it was trying to board a ferry and suddenly accelerated into the gate, basically destroying the Tesla,” said McLean.

“We don’t know what caused it to happen,” said McLean, adding police are initially looking at either a mechanical issue, or a matter concerning the driver, which may have caused the sudden acceleration.

“It doesn’t appear alcohol was involved at all,” said McLean.

“An investigation will determine driver error or mechanical,” he added.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1615067712409202689

More food for thought.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

COBOL rules

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

When the computers go down, the real wealthiest man will be the one with all the replica guns and swords

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Elon still bitter his banking code wasn't even good enough for Paypal to keep using let alone a traditional bank.

Banks will go to great lengths to teach random accountants COBOL just to avoid tech bros who think COBOL or chron jobs are bad because they are old.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

zedprime posted:

Elon still bitter his banking code wasn't even good enough for Paypal to keep using let alone a traditional bank.

Banks will go to great lengths to teach random accountants COBOL just to avoid tech bros who think COBOL or chron jobs are bad because they are old.

cron jobs

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Buce posted:

there's at least two examples of teslas getting stuck in a parking decks because the car and the phones couldnot get a good enough signal to unlock.

one of these also had the flatbed truck unable to enter ( or exit??) the parking deck.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 16, 2023

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Depends if you've hit your Ballmer peak when you set it up :okpos:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
write the anime script of a billionaire who buys a cheap katana and thinks it's really cool

quote:

Title: "The Billionaire's Katana"

Opening shot of a luxurious mansion. We see a man, ELON, sitting in his office, surrounded by expensive artwork and furniture.

ELON: (to himself) I have everything money can buy, but there's one thing I've always wanted - a katana.

Cut to ELON's robot butler, TESLA, entering the room through the wall.

TESLA: Excuse me, sir. I've found a seller who is willing to part with an old, cheap katana.

ELON: (excitedly) Bring it to me!

TESLA exits the room through another wall and returns with a beat-up, rusty katana. ELON takes it from him and admires it.

ELON: (to TESLA) It's perfect.

TESLA: (hesitantly) Sir, are you sure this is the kind of katana you want? It doesn't look very valuable.

ELON: (laughing) I don't care about its value. I just think it's cool.

TESLA: (bowing by exploding its front tires) Of course, sir.

ELON stands up and unsheathes the katana, swinging it around in a dramatic fashion, high out of his mind.

ELON: (to himself) Now I am truly a billionaire samurai.

Cut to ELON practicing with the katana in his backyard, where he meets a young woman, GRIMES, who is practicing Kendo, and drugs.

GRIMES: (impressed) That's some impressive swordsmanship for a beginner.

ELON: (smugly) I am not a beginner. I am a billionaire.

GRIMES: (skeptically) A billionaire who just bought a cheap katana?

ELON: (defensive) It's not about the value of the sword, it's about the spirit within.

GRIMES: (smiling) I see. Well, I'd be happy to teach you more about the proper way to wield a katana and rail a line.

ELON: (nodding) I would like that.

ELON and GRIMES begin training together and as they do, ELON starts to understand the true meaning of the katana, not just as a status symbol or a surface to do drugs off of, but as a symbol of discipline and respect. Over time, ELON's attitude towards the katana and life changes, and he starts to become more humble and empathetic.

As ELON and GRIMES's relationship deepens, ELON starts to realize that GRIMES is the true treasure in his life, not the katana.

ELON: (to GRIMES) I've been a fool. I've been chasing material possessions my whole life, but you've taught me that true wealth lies in the connections we make with others.

GRIMES: (smiling) And I've learned that a person's worth isn't determined by their wealth, but by the kindness in their heart.

The two of them embrace as the katana lies on the ground, a symbol of ELON's journey from billionaire ego to a humble and kind person.

The End.

Lol the AI made a happy ending for him where he learned and grew. There is probably some irony that it took AI to do this.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Aesop's Fables for Zoomers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
For all his flaws, Trump was at least a poster, deranged tweets right from his syphilitic brain to your feed, Elon is equally lovely but needs a team of aging hack comedy writers to come up with "let that sink in", SAD