Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

I posted all of them a couple pages back (EDIT: on 199). Running a Sera Control deck suggested by the thread but go back to Death or Moon Girl from time to time.

What's wrong with your Surfer deck? It looks like you have all the important pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jedit posted:

Then it will amuse you to know that Mordo used to be worse; he gave your opponent a card but only increased its cost by 1. He didn't have a cost limiter at that time, so he could potentially make a 6-drop unplayable, but even so he was still just giving 1/1 to Iceman and having your opponent draw a card.
LOL amazing.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also is there something about Surfer that automatically matches you with Leader? The only time I face Leader players is running Sera Surfer.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

priznat posted:

I think Gambit is my most hated card now especially if they can get it on a wong or bar sinister/london. I just haaaaaaaate it so much.

Also juggernaut being a guaranteed win for a storm lane is annoying.

I had a mfer drop wong then mystique then gambit and wreck me

Edit: I still don't have sera :(

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also Negative Sera Surfer with Jubilee and Wong feels busted.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

There used to be an Odin and a Wong in the top left. Another unit too, but I can't remember who. :D He snapped on turn 5 with priority.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Walla posted:

Also Negative Sera Surfer with Jubilee and Wong feels busted.

The trick with Wong is that the higher up you get, the more often you run into people who either have a counter in hand or will retreat the turn he comes down.

Edit: Zabu does help, since you can play him from hand with followup.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Skippy McPants posted:

The trick with Wong is that the higher up you get, the more often you run into people who either have a counter in hand or will retreat the turn he comes down.

Edit: Zabu does help, since you can play him from hand with followup.

The combo is Zabu on 3, Negative and maybe Jubilee on 4, Sera on 5 and Wong+Surfer plus something else for 2 energy. And anything that's 0/3 like Ironheart. :D

Obviously nothing is foolproof, but the image I posted my opponent had 44 strength in the left lane from Odin-Wong-Ironheart before my Surfer was activated. He was so focused on his own combo he completely ignored what was going on in my lanes.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 17, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Walla posted:

Also is there something about Surfer that automatically matches you with Leader? The only time I face Leader players is running Sera Surfer.

Is this a complaint? Surfer decks should back scuttle Leader all day long unless he Leeches on 5.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jedit posted:

Is this a complaint? Surfer decks should back scuttle Leader all day long unless he Leeches on 5.

I'm something like 6-1 against Leader. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

With Savage Lands on the board, I got hit with Ironheart-Wong-Mystique-Odin. I thought I had enough points to withstand it but nope those raptors got strong af

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Walla posted:

I'm something like 6-1 against Leader. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Leader can be a problem. If you have initiative he copies your post surfer buffed cards and then applies the surfer buff again. So you play brood and surfer to get 3x 5 power broods. His leader copies the 5 power broods and turns them into 8 power.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The 1 time I lost to Leader was because he copied a buffed Maximus. If I had switched the order I dropped my units I wouldn't have lost. If you scout a Leader drop you just need to play your units in the right order. It's also why I put Shang Chi in my deck.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tom Smykowski posted:

I had a mfer drop wong then mystique then gambit and wreck me

Edit: I still don't have sera :(

You should have seen it before they nerfed Onslaught. Wong-Mystique-Onslaught and then Gambit could clear a full board, or Ironheart would give you 300+ power at each location

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Back to home brewing. I致e had a lot of fun with this deck though I think it痴 a few cards off of optimized. It痴 pulling together a few different ideas for Zabu control I致e seen. It痴 very flexible.

quote:

# (1) The Hood
# (2) Angela
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Viper
# (3) Zabu
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Spider-Man
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) Drax
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWJzb3JiaW5nTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEcmF4In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWaXBlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoZUh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbmdlbGEifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I think Angela is being slept in as a 2 drop in Zabu since you can get so many cards on board most games.

The main combos are

Early game Hood into Viper or Carnage (they also counter goblins, give back rocks etc).

Mid game Zabu into
Moongirl or Absorbing Man to double up counter cards.
Moongirl into Spider Man/Spider Man or Spider Man/Absorbing Man to shut down two lanes.

Late game Moongirl can double She Hulk or Demon (or both!). Floating Energy on turn 5 into She Hulk+ whatever means Shang Chi can kill their big thing and you still drop big stats. Two She Hulks turn skipping 5 into big Energy acceleration. Two Demons is also great and can fit in with all the 2 and half-off 4s on 5.

When Zabu doesn稚 show up, can still cobble together some wins with pure stats and counters. Even one Spider Man to guarantee a lane is pretty great on 5.

Not great for cube farming because the Spider Man nonsense wins games but lets them retreat.

I think I have one too many 4 drops. I also wish I had Sentry to give Carnage & Viper more to do. I want to find room for Goose.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

You could probably drop Moon Girl and just let Absorbing Man/Drax/She Hulk carry you.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I壇 only drop moon girl if you have Task for doubling She

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

OxMan posted:

I've been playing this game for like a week and still havent run into half the stuff you guys are talking about. Having lots of fun tho, just clawed rank 40 at CL 199. Used all my free gold to buy credits and I'll probably keep doing that at this rate...

Do this but consider stopping just before hitting CL 600. Before then, you're playing against people with similar deck strengths. After that, you get to play against people playing since the beta. There was no progression reset after the beta. So it's incredibly rough going at first. Run up to around the credit limit (~10,000) before going beyond CL 599. It'll make for a more humane experience.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Be a bit careful about doing that. I've heard some people use the smaller card pools in pool 1 and 2 to grind to infinite and it's made their transition into pool 3 even harder because their MMR ends up being really high and they immediately start getting paired against infinite players with big collections.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Be a bit careful about doing that. I've heard some people use the smaller card pools in pool 1 and 2 to grind to infinite and it's made their transition into pool 3 even harder because their MMR ends up being really high and they immediately start getting paired against infinite players with big collections.

Yeah, I'm not good with the "stopping" part, the neverending tickertape that's just one more game away from maybe is crack on top of the game being crack. That being said it's nice to know when to expect the hump, I'm curious to see how high I'll get before cl599. Thanks for the info both.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I'm glad my opponent had a sense of humor about this

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
^ well sure! Pelicans don't mind the water :v:

Just won a game by one single point because my Collector counted America Chavez's appearance in my hand turn 6 (instead of being 'drawn') as a reason to increase strength? I'll take the 8 cubes butthat was a pleasantly unexpected interaction

...wait, or was it because Weirdworld had me drawing from the opponent's deck instead of my own?

Twisted Eye fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 17, 2023

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Pixeltendo posted:

I'm glad my opponent had a sense of humor about this

How did the middle lane flood? Westview?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

doingitwrong posted:

How did the middle lane flood? Westview?

You got it! The left lane was Sinister london too hence the double up on some cards.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
"I am The Abomination, an unholy force of destruction created by man tampering with forces beyond his control!"

"I'm a good dog!"

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
is the new devil dino bundle worth buying? 4000 gold for 5000 credits seems way better than whatever the previous one was (3000 gold for 1500 credits from memory?)

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Only if you really want the variants. It痴 the same gold to credit ratio as normally purchasing credits

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I feel like they woulda sold about ten times more of these bundles if the title was "Please Do Not Step on Me."

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ah screw that then cheers, i hadnt even looked at the credit purchase cost cos i never had any intention of buying em through the regular store, figured bundles might actually be worth something

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

I壇 only drop moon girl if you have Task for doubling She

Yeah. Double She Hulk is extremely good. Having two in hand makes floating energy double in value. With Zabu & double She Hulk, skipping turn 5 lets you play up to 20 energy worth of stuff on 6. This isn稚 an every game occurrence, but it happens decently often.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So started playing and I had Onslaught's Citadel 3x in a row. I check after the game and it's...not a favored zone? Weird.

Anyways, I finally drew Venom and bought Deadpool from the coin shop. Time to rebuild my Death deck.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I知 kind of tempted to buy the devil dino bundle myself; I知 not sure what I知 supposed to spend gold on anyway (mission refreshes I guess?)

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Ninurta posted:

So started playing and I had Onslaught's Citadel 3x in a row. I check after the game and it's...not a favored zone? Weird.

Anyways, I finally drew Venom and bought Deadpool from the coin shop. Time to rebuild my Death deck.

could just be random chance, or it could be something funky with the games random chance. i made a new deck and im trying to get used to piloting it and ive gotten one of triskelion, district x or weirdworld dead set 7 or 8 games in a go right now lol

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I've just resigned myself to the fact that one location almost always repeats from one game to the next and I'm not talking about featured locations or whatever.

I should keep track and see if it's really happening or if I'm just noticing the times it happens, so it feels like a lot more.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I just got Lockjaw. Im pretty deep in Pool 3, can anyone post a decent on reveal deck / discard deck using him?

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Twisted Eye posted:

...wait, or was it because Weirdworld had me drawing from the opponent's deck instead of my own?

Probably this. When you draw from your opponent's deck, Collector procs every single turn.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Ubersandwich posted:

I've just resigned myself to the fact that one location almost always repeats from one game to the next and I'm not talking about featured locations or whatever.

I should keep track and see if it's really happening or if I'm just noticing the times it happens, so it feels like a lot more.

Probably noticing, especially with high impact locations. Over the course of a bunch of games, repetitions like that should def be cropping up.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hawkperson posted:

I知 kind of tempted to buy the devil dino bundle myself; I知 not sure what I知 supposed to spend gold on anyway (mission refreshes I guess?)

Unless a bundle with tokens in is released, mission refreshes are always the best way to spend gold. That bundle isn't awful - it's basically "Buy 5000 credits with gold and get a free DD variant" - but neither is it great VFM.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jedit posted:

Unless a bundle with tokens in is released, mission refreshes are always the best way to spend gold. That bundle isn't awful - it's basically "Buy 5000 credits with gold and get a free DD variant" - but neither is it great VFM.

Sorry, Ben Brode, but I already have the best Devil Dinosaur variant.

(Winter Vacation is second-best.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Managed to make it to 55, mostly on the back of Sera Surfer.