Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

loving vince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Can't believe Vince did 1/16

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

WATCH VINCE COUP A loving COMPANY

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tired: scoop sites reporting on trademark office filings

Wired: scoop sites reporting on SEC compliance filings

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

WHAT A MANEUVER

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
What were the Jan 5 amendments?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Von Linus posted:

Vince's smashing himself, Barrios, and the other person back onto the board.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

DMorbid posted:

WHAT A MANEUVER

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DMorbid posted:

WHAT A MANEUVER

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol and lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol and lmao

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

We all know Vince doesn't think consent is really a necessity.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m surprised they even bothered to try to get him to retire. Nobody gives a poo poo about his affairs cause it’s pro wrasslin.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/McCannSportsLaw/status/1615353442876137472

Smackdown is in Detroit on Friday. Vince may get arrested by Detroit cops for real.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

another pathetic hit attempt by AEW via their connections with Robocop

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Von Linus posted:

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/us/wwe/SEC/sec-show.aspx?Type=html&FilingId=16303052&CIK=0001091907&Index=10000

These are the details of the "Jan 5th amendments;" he undid all of these except the last one. This seems like a nothing story to me. He made these changes as part of the process of reinstating himself to the board and now has rolled them back. Pretty sure the company bylaws are simply back to where they were prior to him returning. He could always do whatever he wants.

quote:

require the 2023 annual meeting of stockholders to be held on a date between April 20 and May 31, 2023 and the 2024 annual meeting of stockholders to be held within 13 months of the date of the 2023 annual meeting;

change the advance notice bylaws for stockholder proposals and stockholder director nominations for the annual meeting such that (i) the advance notice deadline is reset if the date of an annual meeting is more than 30 days earlier than the first anniversary of the previous year’s annual meeting (rather than if the annual meeting is more than 15 days earlier than such anniversary) and (ii) if so reset, the notice of a stockholder will be timely if received no later than the close of business on the later of 30 days before the date of such annual meeting and the tenth business day following the date on which public announcement of the date of such meeting is first made (rather than the fifth business day following such date);

change the advance notice bylaws for stockholder director nominations for a special meeting such that notice of a stockholder will be timely if received no later than the close of business on the tenth business day following the date on which public announcement of the date of such meeting is first made (rather than the fifth business day following such date);

memorialize in the A&R By-laws the stockholders’ existing right to take action by written consent pursuant to the procedures set forth in Section 228 of the General Corporation Law of the State of Delaware and prohibit the Board from taking any action that would require any stockholder seeking to take action by written consent to comply with any procedures or other requirements except those expressly set forth in Section 228 of the General Corporation Law of the State of Delaware or in specified provisions in the A&R By-Laws;

specify the manner in which the record date for stockholders seeking to take action by written consent is fixed;

provide that special meetings of the Board be called by or at the request of the Chairman, the President or at least two directors (rather than the Chairman, the President or a majority of the Board);

provide that each director on the Board receive notice of meetings of committees of the Board;

change the vote required and procedures for the Board or any committee thereof to (i) declare and pay any dividend or (ii) adopt, amend or repeal any provisions of the A&R By-laws;

prohibit the Board from amending, altering, repealing or re-adopting any bylaw adopted, amended, altered or repealed by the stockholders of the Issuer;

require approval of the stockholders of the Issuer prior to the Issuer (i) entering into, materially modifying or taking certain other actions with respect to certain media rights contracts or transactions, (ii) issuing stock or other voting securities (subject to certain exemptions) or (iii) entering into, modifying or taking certain other actions with respect to any contract or transaction that includes a “change of control” or similar provision related to the composition of the Board; and

designate (i) the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware, to the fullest extent permitted by law, as the sole and exclusive forum for the resolution of, among other claims, any derivative action or proceeding brought on behalf of the Issuer, and (ii) the federal courts of the United States of America, to the fullest extent permitted by law, as the sole and exclusive forum for any cause of action arising under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why is it detroit's system sueing him besides the fact that they're going to be there so soon? this all sounds like a big work to my rear end.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just lmao if Detroit's police & fire pensions are heavily invested in WWE of all things.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cavauro posted:

why is it detroit's system sueing him besides the fact that they're going to be there so soon? this all sounds like a big work to my rear end.

They invested in WWE for their retirements and pensions. So

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol and lmao

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Someone explain this to me as if they were explaining it to a 5 year old child please and thank you

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

AsInHowe posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/McCannSportsLaw/status/1615353442876137472

Smackdown is in Detroit on Friday. Vince may get arrested by Detroit cops for real.

How long before we get the WWE debut of a heel tag team that consists of a corrupt cop and a corrupt firefighter

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

That DICK! posted:

another pathetic hit attempt by AEW via their connections with Robocop

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Sydney Bottocks posted:

How long before we get the WWE debut of a heel tag team that consists of a corrupt cop and a corrupt firefighter

Firestarter Chip.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Just lmao if Detroit's police & fire pensions are heavily invested in WWE of all things.

Anyone itt who has a 401k that they don't entirely manage themselves is likely invested in WWE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

Why it's a pretty good investment?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

forums millionaire EMF made his fortune from $WWE

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Shard posted:

Someone explain this to me as if they were explaining it to a 5 year old child please and thank you

yeah same tbh i can figure out that some cops pensions were invested in WWE but i dont get why theyre suing vince

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kvlt! posted:

yeah same tbh i can figure out that some cops pensions were invested in WWE but i dont get why theyre suing vince

They want Big Bossman back for a storyline like the time the Saudis wanted Yokozuna

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

he rejected retirement and is resisting a rest

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shard posted:

Vince has 1000 votes

Everyone else in total have like 100

Vince can do what he wants because his 1000 votes are more than everyone else's 100

Detroit cops have like 40 of those 100 votes and do not like what Vince did

Detroit cops are suing WWE because they think their 40 votes matter as much as Vince's 1000

Potential buyers do not like buying active lawsuits so they may not buy WWE

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

your friend wicka posted:

Anyone itt who has a 401k that they don't entirely manage themselves is likely invested in WWE.

I'm imagining they're over-leveraged in WWE given they're actually filing suit. I'm also imagining it's because the funds manager was a huge Big Daddy Cool mark.

MassRafTer posted:

Why it's a pretty good investment?

There are plenty of other companies not run by Vince McMahon to invest in.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Vince has 1000 votes

Vince can do what he wants because his 1000 votes are more than everyone else's 100

Detroit cops are suing WWE because they think their 40 votes matter as much as Vince's 1000

Thank you for the write up. This one isn't as fun as the others. Kinda boring. I'd skip this episode of Law and Order

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

I'm imagining they're over-leveraged in WWE given they're actually filing suit. I'm also imagining it's because the funds manager was a huge Big Daddy Cool mark.

There are plenty of other companies not run by Vince McMahon to invest in.

And why would this fact stop the Detroit Police from investing in WWE?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

MassRafTer posted:

Because Robocop was a WCW guy.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

why do the stockholders not simply take over WWE from Vince a la nWo taking over WCW?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WWE is a pretty well performing stock, it makes sense retirement funds will include it in their portfolio. It's grown over its lifetime and it's currently close to reaching its previous high. They're not a well run company but the market can be irrational forever. Fundamentals only matter when everyone gets spooked and suddenly decides reality is real again.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Vince has 1000 votes

They're suing WWE because the teacher said you have to bring enough cupcakes for the whole class but the Detroit cops think Vince is only going to bring enough for himself

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CombineThresher posted:

Firestarter Chip.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Could the Detroit lawsuit actually stop the sell? Because if they're planning on selling before summer the sale will be done before the lawsuit works its way though the courts and they'll probably get a nice payday from the sale too. Seems the lawsuit would go away when the sale goes through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Volatility.

Obviously the P&F fund isn't going to be dialed in to backstage. But getting burned by a carny business is schadenfreude worthy.