Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

actionjackson posted:

i know that you can make a lot in OT but it would have to be an insane amount to afford that vehicle, which is maybe 350K. or maybe they just sold their tags to the actual owner

It probably helps to sell the drugs you confiscate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

if sabin can suplex a train, I sure as hell can

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

That's a cop.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

i know that you can make a lot in OT but it would have to be an insane amount to afford that vehicle, which is maybe 350K. or maybe they just sold their tags to the actual owner

A beat cop in Seattle made $350k in a year. I can absolutely imagine an NYPD pig pulling in more than that, and piece of poo poo pig motherfuckers are notorious for buying expensive cars.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

webcams for christ posted:

they loving perform covert intelligence operations outside the state of New York

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Petrosino#Assassination

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

quote:

However, there were already signs that the secrecy and success of the mission was in jeopardy: A few weeks before his departure, The New York Times asked police commissioner Theodore A. Bingham of Petrosino’s whereabouts and he cryptically replied “Why, he may be on the ocean bound for Europe, for all I know.”

lmao

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Thankfully, the police will bring him to justice when a cyclist or a pedestrian collides directly and repeatedly into his car and/or metal pipe.

I will pray for the Tesla victim, and then I will remind everyone that

all cars must be destroyed

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

dudes going to end up being a cop. calling it now

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Gross

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

some pretty amazing video through that link. wild stuff

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

could also be a "personal trainer" of some sort.

Smythe has issued a correction as of 22:50 on Jan 17, 2023

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol cops are the true power in this country and they're just letting you know that when they illegally park their $300K cars all day

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

do they even need to buy the cars? surely they just pick whatever looks cool from the impound lot. they already use the plates from impounded cars to avoid tolls

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

hmm. and how long do you have to do the job before you can say someone sneezed fentanyl at you and get put on disability for the rest of your career?

could I do it during the training

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lmao for sure

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

genericnick posted:

Yeah, the Vienna pass is, or used to be, 365€. Not sure if they changed it since covid started, but seems hard to change for numerological reasons. The whole country pass is about 3€ a day? Netherlands gets ripped off.

Yeah, the Vienna pass sounded like a good idea when I first heard about it. I know some cities are trying to adopted similar measures but obviously it isn't everyone. I mean at the end of the day, public transportation is going to just be more efficient and you should encourage people to use it and a subsidized monthly/yearly pass seems pretty straight forward.

In the US, the usual issue is that transit systems are so starved for cash at this point there is no way for them to finance it, but at the same time, they are only seeing declining ridership/worse service.

Transportation costs, like health care and education costs, just should be seen as an extra tax on the population.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/the_transit_guy/status/1615230760356827136?s=20&t=H1vw3ExTLS7C1ffi1eiK_w

mystes
May 31, 2006

Imagine living in one of those buildings

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Christopher Eccleston noooooo

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

mystes posted:

Imagine living in one of those buildings

sorry about your sunlight, citizen, the cars need it
https://twitter.com/scottlong1980/status/1615301237385170947

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

"Gen Hussein said the bridge would augment the experience of beachgoers by offering them shade from the sun."

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I bought a tandem bike recently

It's funny, because the bike, being an expensive, but entry tandem, actually rides better than my current beach cruiser cum cargo bike, and I'm developing a bolt on attachment to carry more cargo

Now my mate(a) and I will be able to do shopping trips or ride into the city together easily, and with a little coaxing perhaps my fiance

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Jestery posted:

cum cargo bike

i usually tote groceries or library books but it's cool to hear about people using their bikes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cloks posted:

i usually tote groceries or library books but it's cool to hear about people using their bikes

Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy,

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jestery posted:

I bought a tandem bike recently

It's funny, because the bike, being an expensive, but entry tandem, actually rides better than my current beach cruiser cum cargo bike, and I'm developing a bolt on attachment to carry more cargo

Now my mate(a) and I will be able to do shopping trips or ride into the city together easily, and with a little coaxing perhaps my fiance

There's a terrifying notion along the edge of my consciousness at the prospect of having more than one bike

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Tandem bikes sound fun. Two people can bike a lot faster than one. Also, you can put a dummy or skeleton on the second seat when riding solo.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

There's a terrifying notion along the edge of my consciousness at the prospect of having more than one bike

I have three bikes currently, and I want to get rid of my cruiser

I have done serious miles on it, but I can see it's flaws

So end goal is "heavy hauler" cargo/tandem for daily driving and a folding bike for mixed mode trips and when I need to use the car,

already came in handy when I had to hand my car in for a service,

pop folder in the back of the car,
drive to service station,
ride home,
enjoy day,
ride back to service station
Pick up car
Put bike in back
Deliver car back home

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Wont the sea just eat it up within the decade? Theyre cutting off the beach from the sand it needs to replenish itself

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
never actually considered the mentality of the guy that would suicide by cop but he is a cop so every one just takes his poo poo in stride.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Tandem bikes sound fun. Two people can bike a lot faster than one. Also, you can put a dummy or skeleton on the second seat when riding solo.

How about this idea for mass transit: bikes that seat six, that are never legally allowed to stop. So you hop on one and agree with everyone else about where you're going and try not to be the last one on there because if you are you have to keep doing circles till someone else jumps on

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jestery posted:

I have three bikes currently, and I want to get rid of my cruiser

I have an MTB that I've half-assedly turned into a road bike after putting on some road tires and a corner bar, but it also has a rear rack and side basket that I use for doing the groceries and other errands. I can live with it just one foot stuck in the sports and commuting realm, but I'm really thinking about getting a folding bike at least so I have something I can always pack into the car

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Also, Egypt spent billions building a new capital just outside of Cairo just so protestors couldn't reach it (with of course plenty of highways). It isn't the best run country in the world.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

I have an MTB that I've half-assedly turned into a road bike after putting on some road tires and a corner bar, but it also has a rear rack and side basket that I use for doing the groceries and other errands. I can live with it just one foot stuck in the sports and commuting realm, but I'm really thinking about getting a folding bike at least so I have something I can always pack into the car

Folders can often be had for 50 bucks on an online marketplace and they retain that little value too if you don't flog them too had

Hight reccomend if you ever need to mix modes

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Ardennes posted:

Also, Egypt spent billions building a new capital just outside of Cairo just so protestors couldn't reach it (with of course plenty of highways). It isn't the best run country in the world.

Immediately couped by the us after its first democratic elections post arab spring lol
President elect got allended and disappeared in prison within days.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jestery posted:

beach cruiser cum

:hai:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Being a cop looks like it kicks so much rear end. You just beat up people you don't like all day long and they give you a Ferrari for it.

ha real talk. Only remaining union w any teeth left, too. Great gig for the morally bankrupt

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

see, this guy is airing his grievances w nothing more than a black iron pipe. According to cspammers he should have been shot dead by now, and yet he stays winning

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I might have asked this before, but realistically how many able-bodied adults do you think it would take to lift and flip over the average car? Just something I've thought about, seeing photos of cars parked in bike lanes or sidewalks or otherwise inappropriate spots; how funny it would be to invert the situation (quite literally) and make it into a serious problem for the driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

I might have asked this before, but realistically how many able-bodied adults do you think it would take to lift and flip over the average car? Just something I've thought about, seeing photos of cars parked in bike lanes or sidewalks or otherwise inappropriate spots; how funny it would be to invert the situation (quite literally) and make it into a serious problem for the driver.

I'm gonna say 8 for a regular sized sedan, idk how many for a big truck like a 3500 - maybe double that