Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

You've made like 10x the amount of posts about it than they ahve

And no I refuse to count accurately

Thanks for the update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

I mean i'm not wrong lol just saying its triesome instantly gets a bunch of replies making GBS threads up the thread. I am truely owned for observing reality

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
drecking up the thread

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Wait wait wait I thought everyone called it "big PSP"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Thanks for the update

you're welcome now stfu!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i love my steam dreck

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Andrast posted:

i love my steam dreck

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Andrast posted:

i love my steam dreck

i love to hold it in my hands

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Andrast posted:

i love my steam dreck

They're comfy and easy to play!

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.
It doesn't bother me because a) who cares? and b) it was originally used by posters who were trying to downplay how good the Steam Deck would be before it came out, so every time someone calls it a Steam Dreck I'm reminded how wrong they were.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Andrast posted:

i love my steam dreck

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
My favourite superhero is Judge Dreck.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nancy posted:

Gabe Gear is my favourite one because it’s the most accurate descriptor imo, all the way down to the lovely battery life.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Nancy posted:

it's the ps vita+

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

VitaMax is the superior pun

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

History Comes Inside! posted:

Gabe Gear is my favourite one because it’s the most accurate descriptor imo, all the way down to the lovely battery life.

I was curious about the new Torchlight Infinite on the Deck. It runs really good, controls are great for it...but holy hell it drains battery like nothing else I've tried.

Cloks posted:

it's the ps vita+

I was surprised that Vita emulation isn't really there yet. I wrongly assumed all handhelds would be fully accessible to play whatever emulated.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s a worthy vita successor just because of chiaki4deck existing tbh.

Remote play for PS5 on a handheld is extremely cool.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

It’s a worthy vita successor just because of chiaki4deck existing tbh.

Remote play for PS5 on a handheld is extremely cool.

Yeah, chiaki is fantastic. All those billions of "free" ps+ games on my account are finally getting played over here.

A lot of Everybody's Golf playtime too. That one is great for pickup, play a round, back to sleep mode.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Having a great time playing max Payne on my deck. Runs pretty well without any mods using one of the older protons.

Also installed alpha protocol which I haven’t booted up yet but hoping I won’t have to tinker too much, I remember having to tinker with it a little way back when I last played on my laptop

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Are there, like, community configuration files/settings to get the optimal per-game experience versus battery life undocked, or is that something you have to figure out on your own? It would be neat if so, maybe I just don't see it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Are there, like, community configuration files/settings to get the optimal per-game experience versus battery life undocked, or is that something you have to figure out on your own? It would be neat if so, maybe I just don't see it.

Decky has a plugin available for those apparently

https://github.com/SteamDeckHomebrew/decky-loader

I dunno which one it is though, someone here just said it was available but didn't say what it was

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 18, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

uiruki posted:

The only fiddly bit is that I've not worked out how to get to the right-hand menu without using the mouse

Home+A will bring up Quick Access.

Also Steam Dreck was the closest Stux has ever come to actually being funny (even if it didn't quite make being actually funny) so its important to let him have the one W he's had in years of posting.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

njsykora posted:

Home+A will bring up Quick Access.

Brilliant, thanks!

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

SilkyP posted:

Having a great time playing max Payne on my deck. Runs pretty well without any mods using one of the older protons.

Also installed alpha protocol which I haven’t booted up yet but hoping I won’t have to tinker too much, I remember having to tinker with it a little way back when I last played on my laptop

I think you just need to be on GE proton and it otherwise works great. The valve default seems to give you some really bad image artifacts.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Absolutely floored by Stuxx's ability to poo poo up the thread from beyond the grave.

Has anyone got Bottles working? I'm a sucker for punishment and I want to try the FFVII fan dub. Crossposting, I asked here in the Linux gaming thread.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just use lutris instead if you really want to do all that work for a terrible cause

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

There's probably more detailed ways to squeeze out more, but I just turn on the FPS counter and start reducing the wattage until the FPS drops (I have it capped at 40), then keep it at the minimum power that keeps the FPS steady.

A lot of older games will run just fine at minimum power so you can get six hours-ish out of it. Newer games not so much, but you can often drop it a few watts and stretch a bit.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Got it sorted by joining the Bottles Discord. It's a known issue with the version 50.1 on Discover. Solution is to uninstall that and and install 50.2 from Flathub.

Just use lutris instead if you really want to do all that work for a terrible cause

Good idea. I have Lutris installed but I'm not familiar enough with it to use it without a guide.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

As an impatient person I wish I could permanently set one of the extra buttons to fast forward every normal game like it does in emulators. Being able to fast forward through enemy turns I don't care about in FFT is so good.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Athanatos posted:

I was curious about the new Torchlight Infinite on the Deck. It runs really good, controls are great for it...but holy hell it drains battery like nothing else I've tried.

How’s the game itself?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rinkles posted:

How’s the game itself?

I didn't play much because it just drilled my battery, but what I did play made me want to install it on an actual PC to go back to it and play more. Controller felt good, killing stuff was fun, even early the loot was interesting enough it made me want to see more.

I didn't look deep into how awful the actual store pay stuff is. It feels like you can get some solid hours out of it before you feel the need to even give it a dime.

My super quick playtime review is it felt casual fun but if you are looking to drop 3000 hours into a free arpg, go with PoE or Lost Ark

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I installed some GoG games using the Heroic Launcher but they aren’t showing up in my regular library like regular games even though some of the guides showed that’s possible.

Does anyone have any ideas why not?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

hadji murad posted:

I installed some GoG games using the Heroic Launcher but they aren’t showing up in my regular library like regular games even though some of the guides showed that’s possible.

Does anyone have any ideas why not?

You have to add them as non-steam games

I dunno if heroic can do that in a right click menu or anything but if you can’t get the job done boilr will do it

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

You have to add them as non-steam games

I dunno if heroic can do that in a right click menu or anything but if you can’t get the job done boilr will do it

In the game's page in the heroic launcher, there's a three dot icon menu button, the option to add to steam will be there.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

There's https://sharedeck.games/ , which has user-submitted configurations and the battery life you can expect with it.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

In the game's page in the heroic launcher, there's a three dot icon menu button, the option to add to steam will be there.

This plus you have to restart Steam. Exiting Desktop mode and going into Game mode should do it, but if you're looking at Steam in Desktop mode to confirm they're there after installing in Heroic, they won't show until you restart Steam.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Decky has a plugin available for those apparently

https://github.com/SteamDeckHomebrew/decky-loader

I dunno which one it is though, someone here just said it was available but didn't say what it was

Tamba posted:

There's https://sharedeck.games/ , which has user-submitted configurations and the battery life you can expect with it.

Here's the decky plugin for ShareDeck.
https://github.com/SteamDeckHomebrew/decky-performance-presets

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks for the help!

If you don’t hear from me again everything is okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is that this?
https://steamdecklife.com/2023/01/10/sharedeck-y-steam-deck-game-settings/

I downloaded it through the decky app instead of github