Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mesadoram posted:

That is an awesome chart. A nerf to LFR would be a little heart breaking, but I would understand :smith:.

Heir Apparent doing such good DPS is kinda awesome. Might need to go ecthat another go as well.

The chart might actually be one season out of date, but it's a reasonable enough starting point.

It doesn't always give the full picture either, because legendary weapons can get things like Frenzy and Triple Tap and Boss Spec that will totally upend their numbers, but it's a good starting point for just visualizing 'what is this gun good at???'

Bungie does a pretty good job of creating different types of DPS windows too, so you can have things like Parasite being great for Atraks, or Xenophage being great for Sanctified Mind, or Sleeper being good for Templar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I love Xenophage.
I've been on a kick lately of soloing old dungeons (having never really run any of them before) and it has served me very, very well. Paired with Weakened Clear you can get around the long reload and melt some stuff, and it's even handy outside of bosses as just an emergency "get this stupid elite out of my life" button.
Related, my nemesis with these dungeons has been platforming more than anything. I almost flawlessed shattered throne on my first run but got cheesed out by the knockback ogres.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The patch notes also say they've fixed Fire and Forget kicking like a mule, and that they've increased the drop rate for deepsights in raids and Duality (although not by how much).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Paracelsus posted:

The patch notes also say they've fixed Fire and Forget kicking like a mule, and that they've increased the drop rate for deepsights in raids and Duality (although not by how much).

And I wish they would've said if they brought them all up to the same level, or if DSC still has the uniquely low drop rate...

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
itt we learn the SDLC and the shortcuts companies will take to push new product out the door

"We'll fix it in post."

"But Mr. Chocolate, Post has been begging us to fix it in Pre."

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Heir Apparent is a beast, I loved wowing LFGs by doing 2 mil on Rhulk with it while sitting right in front of his stupid face as he tried to kill me. Less effective without classy restore as a safety net but whack down a well and you're good to go.

What I've been loving for damage recently is motherfuckin Wendy. Same issue of low reserves as Xenophage but explosive light + weaken clear means magdumping will whack out crazy damage quicker than linears can. Weirdly good for Riven too.

Apparently cascade point is an even bigger DPS increase so I'm excited for that to come back around in the GM cycle so I can get one with that.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

arsenicCatnip posted:

Heir Apparent is a beast, I loved wowing LFGs by doing 2 mil on Rhulk with it while sitting right in front of his stupid face as he tried to kill me. Less effective without classy restore as a safety net but whack down a well and you're good to go.

What I've been loving for damage recently is motherfuckin Wendy. Same issue of low reserves as Xenophage but explosive light + weaken clear means magdumping will whack out crazy damage quicker than linears can. Weirdly good for Riven too.

Apparently cascade point is an even bigger DPS increase so I'm excited for that to come back around in the GM cycle so I can get one with that.

I love the Heir Apparent, so I am glad to hear that it does work. Gonna need to try out the Xeno and Heir later on my well warlock.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Mesadoram posted:

I love the Heir Apparent, so I am glad to hear that it does work. Gonna need to try out the Xeno and Heir later on my well warlock.

It's a blast. Just be careful about using it in fights where everyone clusters up for DPS cause if you're in the front you will flashbang your team with your arc shield

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/buildcrafting

- We’re removing Energy types from mods and armor, giving players more flexibility in crafting their builds. No more switching between Energy types to find the mod you want.
- We’re reducing the pressure on Armor Energy by re-tuning armor mod costs and changing Artifact perks to no longer require mod slots.

Honestly too much poo poo to to keep copy/pasting

But that’s not all. Artifact mods are also being translated to unlockable perks. They will no longer need to be socketed, but rather unlock for the duration of the Season once earned and are passively applied to your loadout.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

arsenicCatnip posted:

I got the gambit sniper with extended mag, elemental capacitor and cascade point and it’s p good

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

- We’re removing Energy types from mods and armor, giving players more flexibility in crafting their builds. No more switching between Energy types to find the mod you want.
- We’re reducing the pressure on Armor Energy by re-tuning armor mod costs and changing Artifact perks to no longer require mod slots.

Yet another “celebrating an 11 year old for flushing the toilet after using the bathroom” situation but it’s good regardless.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

But that’s not all. Artifact mods are also being translated to unlockable perks. They will no longer need to be socketed, but rather unlock for the duration of the Season once earned and are passively applied to your loadout.

Is bungy feeling okay? Those are awesome and fun changes. I'm used to them making GBS threads on everything I love. I'm not sure I can handle this.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

The mod screen is genius, was super frustrating bouncing between my different armor pieces and realizing I had like 3 HEFs on because I changed an exotic and forgot what I had on.

Also interesting that Guardian Ranks are seemingly going to be retroactive, I dig it.

ALSO HOLY poo poo, I TALKED ABOUT JUST MAKING IT SO ORBS WERE AN INHERENT PART OF CWL AND CWL MODS JUST GENNED ORBS AGES AGO, I CANT BELIEVE WERE ACTUALLY GETTING THAT

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The orb and well changes are kinda awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rip artifice armor, you breaking every season won’t be missed

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Actually looking at those changes I’m excited for all the new fuckups and pain points we’ll get to experience

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It's high time I cleaned my vault. As a first pass, is just deleting eveyr weapon that doesnt have a third trait a good idea? There's probably not anything hiding in there without one that's good?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Man I thought Bungie would be worried about Guardians getting too overpowered but everything in that post makes it sound like the game’s about to get even easier. I’m sure the artifact mods will be on average worse now that they’re all passive but the changes to Champions alone mean GMs will be significantly easier, we were already slapping Voltshot on everything we could.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I'm thinking they're levelling the playing field so they can make the game harder in different ways that aren't dumb as poo poo like match game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Rip warmind cells, second warmind season-third warmind season

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pirate Jet posted:

Man I thought Bungie would be worried about Guardians getting too overpowered but everything in that post makes it sound like the game’s about to get even easier. I’m sure the artifact mods will be on average worse now that they’re all passive but the changes to Champions alone mean GMs will be significantly easier, we were already slapping Voltshot on everything we could.

Never trust a patch note or preview until we get The Numbers

Neo-Elemental Wells might give 1/10th the ability energy they currently do, and New Font of Might could be a 5% damage boost

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

They fired some rear end in a top hat who wanted D2 to be the grindiest MMO ever, right? And now that there's a new dude running the ship we're getting all these great changes?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I gotta see this new system in motion because reading that section on Armor Charges had me feeling like the dumbest idiot to ever be stupid

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Lexorin posted:

They fired some rear end in a top hat who wanted D2 to be the grindiest MMO ever, right? And now that there's a new dude running the ship we're getting all these great changes?

Luke Smith is making the new Bungie game unfortunately.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

well I just was typing a post about getting some artifice armor since I never bothered to get any...

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Majere posted:

well I just was typing a post about getting some artifice armor since I never bothered to get any...

quote:

What does this mean for Artifice armor’s extra Artifact mod slot? Starting in Lightfall, Artifice armor will have a new unique mod slot that grants three additional points to your character stats like strength, mobility, intellect, etc. This will help you round out your stats as you perfect your builds.

So artifice is now the best option for class items, and a minor boost on other armor. So still worth it for all those times I end up with 99 in a stat.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Announce that you will let players get new bounties from anywhere in the game you cowards! :argh:

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I missed the artifice part, only artifice armor I have is my bond so that works splendidly.

Cannot WAIT for the solstice.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Paracausal posted:

Luke Smith is making the new Bungie game unfortunately.
Wasn't that the PvP centric title? Let him have it as long as they keep him the gently caress away from anything resembling development on Destiny.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I gotta see this new system in motion because reading that section on Armor Charges had me feeling like the dumbest idiot to ever be stupid

As far as I understand it: Elemental wells and CWL are being unified into a single system based around picking up orbs to gain buff stacks. Picking up the orbs is now intrinsic and doesn't require the Taking Charge mod to be slotted. Once you have buff stacks, you can do things roughly similar to what CWL and well mods do today- instantly burn a stack to proc an effect, allow an effect to sustain while slowly burning off stacks, or apply a bonus to your finisher (this no longer costs super). To facilitate this, elemental wells are being removed and most sources of wells are now sources of orbs. They are also keeping the "meta" mods from both CWL and wells (stacks on stacks, time dilation, etc)

On top of this, each subclass element can also drop a unique kind of orb that has different effects and will presumably interact with this system somehow

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
I’m old and don’t want to learn another freaking total revamp tbqh

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I feel bad for Luke Smith because by all accounts I’ve heard he seems like a good dude but it’s entirely his own fault that his legacy for this game is sunsetting and the DCV. Just, man, the ship absolutely had to be righted after that, yeesh.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Don't feel bad for people that fail upwards, hth.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I’m old and don’t want to learn another freaking total revamp tbqh

The witness won’t give you a choice, friend.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

That article was written specifically in response to me, a person recently peer pressured into picking up D2 again, complaining about the inefficiency and chaos of mods. Between that and my first Legend LS ever dropping Gyrfalcon’s, I might actually play Lightfall!

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I'm just glad my build will hold up. It might even be better since it cranks out ionic traces. Forbearance ftw

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dang I'm so hype for this revamp. A whole bunch of stuff I've been wanting for awhile now. Like when they announced the artifacts way back in Shadowkeep or whatever, I assumed it was going to be self contained.

Just feels like a lot of good changes to make loadouts something a normal player might puzzle together naturally rather then being told they should just look something up on youtube.

Hope improvements to armor stats is next up in the future.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The changes look good but lol at "you can unlock your loadout slots by progressing through the new thing to grind through"

Destiny can only change so much

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Even if my HOIL Arc Titan goes from being king poo poo of gently caress mountain to weak and completely useless I'm still gonna be happy for these changes just because of the shakeup they're gonna bring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Dang I'm so hype for this revamp. A whole bunch of stuff I've been wanting for awhile now. Like when they announced the artifacts way back in Shadowkeep or whatever, I assumed it was going to be self contained.

Just feels like a lot of good changes to make loadouts something a normal player might puzzle together naturally rather then being told they should just look something up on youtube.

Hope improvements to armor stats is next up in the future.

I've barely engaged with any experimentation because it was such a huge pain in the rear end to plan around needing solar arms for mod x and void helm for mod y and 100 in these stats, etc, etc. I'm looking forward to the new system.