Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Prurient Squid posted:

I know you guys must have gone over these shows frame by fame.

Does Grand Nagus Zek ever use the word "inconceivable"?

As far as I know, only in the 1999 novel "I, Q".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Timby posted:

Meaney.

Just like it's Armin Shimerman, not Shimmerman. Just like it's Jeffrey Combs, not Jeffery Coombs or whatever.

Technically Armin's been credited as both.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Alexander Siddig should have made them use his full real name in the opening credits

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HD DAD posted:

Alexander Siddig should have made them use his full real name in the opening credits

Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abdurrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi
as
Dr. Bashir

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abdurrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi
as
Dr. Bashir

...And he was given poo poo by Twitter social justice warrior idiots for commenting how African actors can't get lead roles in Hollywood.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

as
Dr. Bashir

Would've loved that, just his whole name going off the screen

I remember being quite confused, as a kid, when they changed his opening credit. "Huh, did they just get his name wrong all this time?"

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Prurient Squid posted:

I know you guys must have gone over these shows frame by fame.

Does Grand Nagus Zek ever use the word "inconceivable"?

I want to see someone edit that in. I'd be surprised if it hasn't been done before.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Screw Starfleet Academy shows I want Hogwarts but for Ferengi Liquidators

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Cool Runnings with Cardassian bobsled team. Its a slow-TV show.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

External Organs posted:

Screw Starfleet Academy shows I want Hogwarts but for Ferengi Liquidators

Star Trek: Glengarry Glen Ross

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Real housewives of:

Romulus

Feranginar

Q'uonos'

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

wesleywillis posted:

Real housewives of:

Romulus

Feranginar

Q'uonos'

I can't decide which of these would be the best reality TV series of all time, but it would be one of the three.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I'd like Star Trek: M*A*S*H

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nullsmack posted:

I'd like Star Trek: M*A*S*H

Nor The Battle To The Strong is a really great episode.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I can't decide which of these would be the best reality TV series of all time, but it would be one of the three.

wesleywillis posted:

Real housewives of Q'uonos'

PROSTITUTION WHORE! YOU DISHONOR MY ****ING HOUSE! ****ING P'TAKH! [overturns banquette table and stabs someone with a Bat'leth]

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

PROSTITUTION WHORE! YOU DISHONOR MY ****ING HOUSE! ****ING P'TAKH! [overturns banquette table and stabs someone with a Bat'leth]

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Woman pointing at cat meme but it's the duras sisters and a targ.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i posted a bit about this in the other thread but i went to a trek thing on board the uss intrepid a few years ago (the real one, lol)

here's some props

(shouldn't have ate the peanuts)

my wife and i got there kinda late so the pics are lovely and rushed, sorry :smith:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

cenotaph posted:

YOU HAVE NO HONOR!!!!!! YOU SHAME THIS HOUSE!!!

Bitch you sold out the entire empire.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The TNG films are coming out on 4k on 4/4 "First Contact" day.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

PUT

THE RAKTAJINO

DOWN

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Raktajino is for warriors with honor.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

bull3964 posted:

Prepping a salmon for the occasion.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

wesleywillis posted:

Real housewives of:

Romulus

Feranginar

Q'uonos'

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The more I rewatch it the more I actually kind of enjoy Voyager. My nighttime ritual is to go through each of the series. I watch a episode before bed.

Watch all of TNG
Watch all of DS9
Watch all of Voyager

My nightly ritual.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Kira burning down that dudes farm is hilarious overreaction.

They were going to burn the entire moon for Reasons. Burning down the farm was just a convenient way of forcing the issue of getting him to move.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

“Lincoln” posted:

I need to know the political affiliations of the actors in a show so I can decide whether I like the show or not.

Twincityhacker posted:

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but..

We have achieved Peak SA Forums.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bull3964 posted:

Now we can finally see the green screen on the Son'a ship at the end of Insurrection in all of its 4K glory

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I remember seeing that for the first time and thinking “did they…forget to comp in the background for the big climactic fight?”

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Of course not.

It was a blue screen.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
They should release the cut of Insurrection where Picard tries to save Ru'afo and Ru'afo's like "nah, gently caress you man" and launches himself into the Fountain of Youth rings on the probe and then ages backwards out of existence. Dumbfuck test audiences wanted "Action Picard blows the bad guy up" instead :(

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sir Lemming posted:

Of course not.

It was a blue screen.

They replaced the green with blue in post.

Impressive, non?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lincoln posted:

We have achieved Peak SA Forums.

https://twitter.com/Tormny_Pickeals/status/965640850578575362

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

They replaced the green with blue in post.

Impressive, non?

Somebody should edit in a more interesting background environment, like Manhattan or the Moon or Bill Murray's intestines.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

They should release the cut of Insurrection where Picard tries to save Ru'afo and Ru'afo's like "nah, gently caress you man" and launches himself into the Fountain of Youth rings on the probe and then ages backwards out of existence. Dumbfuck test audiences wanted "Action Picard blows the bad guy up" instead :(

And put fuckin' Hawaiian shirt Quark back in!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

SlothfulCobra posted:

They were going to burn the entire moon for Reasons. Burning down the farm was just a convenient way of forcing the issue of getting him to move.

It always seemed really loving strange to me they had a lush livable moon around their planet, and the big brain idea is to destroy it basically to generate power? Like what they gently caress, having a moon like that must be far more valuable than a power plant.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It was going to be a really cold winter, and the federation can only provide space heaters

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Tom Guycot posted:

It always seemed really loving strange to me they had a lush livable moon around their planet, and the big brain idea is to destroy it basically to generate power? Like what they gently caress, having a moon like that must be far more valuable than a power plant.

There's really no reason why any of the Star Trek tech civilizations should ever be struggling for power or basic resources. You have a star and know how to build fusion reactors if that isn't sufficient.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Grand Fromage posted:

There's really no reason why any of the Star Trek tech civilizations should ever be struggling for power or basic resources. You have a star and know how to build fusion reactors if that isn't sufficient.
Acknowledging this fact would cruelly deprive writers of the opportunity to write about hard beings making hard decisions about scarce resources!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

cenotaph posted:

If the cat was a vulcan being yelled at by....... anyone, the only response would be "your emotional outburst is illogical".

Grand Fromage posted:

They should have done more with the Pakleds.