Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Devo posted:

Magneto fuckin rules in this location. Kill em all, let god sort them out.

God loves, Mag kills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

priznat posted:

I wish I could trade in my pixel variants for credits or something. Heck even some smart aleck titles. They belong in the trash!!

I'm working on a pixel deck just to gently caress around with. It's going to be hot garbage but I'll find it entertaining. Only need 4 more to make it a reality.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

New Leaf posted:

I'm working on a pixel deck just to gently caress around with. It's going to be hot garbage but I'll find it entertaining. Only need 4 more to make it a reality.

So many retreats! Lol

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
magneto and doc ock both. so far my funniest loss has been doc ocking it and pulling out (along with 3 bombs) their doc ock, who pulled out my prof x and locked the lane in for them

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
i dont like facing zabu decks.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Opopanax posted:

God loves, Mag kills

Assuming you dont have doc ock? This seems worse since that will be mostly turn 6 no?

Could be missing something

Also kind of funny how that would solve the issue of my prior post about not liking zabu decks

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 19, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What's wrong with Zabu?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Zabu is so broken. i feel like i'm in crazy land because the game is completely dominated by zabu, surfer, shuri, and galactus but nobody else online seems to believe this.

Like there is no way Zabu doesnt go to 4 mana eventually. I just cant imagine it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Zabu seems worse than Sera imo

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Walla posted:

What's wrong with Zabu?

Not much, what's wrong with Zabu with you?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I play a Zabu deck but it's far from an automatic win. You have to hope you get him early enough to make use of dropping a bunch of 4 energy cards. Even then it's still very possible to lose depending on what your opponent has.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I don't have zabu but I did play one of those "draw from your opponent's deck" games against a zabu deck and my opponent retreated on turn 5.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you play your Zabu on 3 it is a single player game and its just like are your draws trash or not. You have twice as much mana to work with it is pretty hard to play intelligently around that besides just hope opponent doesnt have stuff (stuff is darkhawk).

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I don't lose to Zabu unless they have the best four drops in the game. Hard enough to beat Shuri, Darkhawk, Absorbing Man without Zabu making it harder.

I don’t bother hitting Zabu with Enchantress most times anyway. If I do I usually lose, unless I had really strong board presence.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Walla posted:

What's wrong with Zabu?

Theres a lot of good 4's my man. Some that can stop you from playing any more turns!

Im not even sure I lose to that deck often (my actual issue is beating Dino decks)

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok ignore my Doc over Mag post I get it. Control who you drag for the cost of one more energy

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
The real problem with this game isn't the locations chaning how you play it's splitting infinites and getting the SAME CARD EFFECTS. that's BULLSHIT!

No Wave posted:

If you play your Zabu on 3 it is a single player game and its just like are your draws trash or not. You have twice as much mana to work with it is pretty hard to play intelligently around that besides just hope opponent doesnt have stuff (stuff is darkhawk).

Just play snadman decks and laugh at every zabu you ever see.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sandman is exactly why Zabu should be 4 energy btw. So they dont get to play 8 energy of cards on turn 4 before your counter can even come down.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My Sera/Surfer/Zabu/Wong deck got me over 60 and I'm pretty happy with it but I might go back to a movement or discard deck because those are fun

The discard sword sound effect/animation from Blade/Lady Sif/Colleen Wing/Swordmaster is my fav :haw:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

No Wave posted:

Zabu is so broken. i feel like i'm in crazy land because the game is completely dominated by zabu, surfer, shuri, and galactus but nobody else online seems to believe this.

Like there is no way Zabu doesnt go to 4 mana eventually. I just cant imagine it.

Moon girl, 4 mana zabu, 2 mana zabu, dump entire hand on 6 *taps head*

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

JackDarko posted:

I’m getting a lot of joy from hitting Armor enjoyers with Enchantress after they’ve invested in the bridge.

yeah unless I'm living the Double Dino Dream or the opponent is obviously playing a destroy deck, I save armor for t6

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Zabu completely changes the value of 4 cost cards and since they decided that the best counter cards and doubling cards should all cost 4, it opens up a lot of options.

Wong, Absorbing Man, Shuri, Moon Girl are all 4.
Shang Chi, Spider Man, Enchantress also 4.

Shang Chi used to mean giving up turn 6 to kill a card or two. Now you can reasonably kill two lanes and develop some power. Zabu is powerful enough to make questionable 4s playable and the good 4s amazing. It has completely changed the game for controlling and combo type decks.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Putting two “energy cost matters” cards back to back was a dangerous choice. Like, you could nerf Zabu by reducing some of the best 4s to 3 but then you’d be buffing Surfer.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I pulled the pixel Destroyer variant the other day, and holy mother of god, that thing is hideous.
I know more than a fair share of the pixels are bad, but drat, this one is a crime.

On the bright side, I finally got my last Pool 3 card, at least until they do the rarity drop.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

New Leaf posted:

gently caress, I'm losing left and right with this stupid bridge. Went from 43 to 40.

This is what I've been using:

# (1) Nova
# (2) Daredevil
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Brood
# (3) Electro
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Juggernaut
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Doctor Octopus

It's very much a Surfer deck, but it has most of the nasty, nasty things you can do to people if the Bridge appears. Doc Ock wipes out his hand, Nova and Debrii on 6 mean he usually can't contest the lane at all, and if it's empty Mr F or Professor X wins it. Juggernaut can destroy an opponent's card if he doesn't want to play into your Electro and Storm and Cosmo can really restrict his playing options.

If you don't have Surfer then ditch Brood and Daredevil for Bucky and Colossus. Your objective now is to force your opponent into playing to the Bridge while setting things up so that you can't lose it. It's very much worth throwing away a Debrii with that in mind.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Logged in to do dailies and I've lost to zabu darkhawk (which nobody owns so its not a balance problem), shuri zero (which nobody owns so its not a balance problem) and zabu darkhawk (which nobody owns so its not a balance problem). I'm so glad I dodged problem card leader.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

No Wave posted:

Speak for yourself. I have Zabu but haven't made a deck with him yet because I don't have Darkhawk, Drax, or Absorbing Man.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
I must have angered the god of Variants because lemme tell ya it has been 5 or 6 pixel variants in a row for me. My favorite one is this guy, just look at how awful it is:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said before, but Leader is such a stupid loving card. I know it's not an "I win" button or anything like that, but it's just bad and it feels bad.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Quackles posted:

Speak for yourself. I have Zabu but haven't made a deck with him yet because I don't have Darkhawk, Drax, or Absorbing Man.
I don't have any of those either but you can still win with a lot of the other 4 energy cards in Pool 2/Series 3

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

All the season pass cards wreck the curve, and it's hard to compete at all if you're a new player with only 2 of them. Or even none. The only deck I have any success at all with Zabu is my Surfer deck and that's barely above a 50% win rate. Even in that deck, half the games Zabu never gets played.

On a different topic, what's with people dropping Magik on 5? 3 times I've gotten a win because they drop her on 5 and I Scarlet Witch the place on 6. Save her for the last turn people!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Walla posted:

All the season pass cards wreck the curve, and it's hard to compete at all if you're a new player with only 2 of them. Or even none. The only deck I have any success at all with Zabu is my Surfer deck and that's barely above a 50% win rate. Even in that deck, half the games Zabu never gets played.

On a different topic, what's with people dropping Magik on 5? 3 times I've gotten a win because they drop her on 5 and I Scarlet Witch the place on 6. Save her for the last turn people!

You can only play Magick on 5 or before. Believe me if we could play them on six we would. It was apparently that way in the Beta and they rightfully nerfed it.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
You can't play her on turn 6. Her ability forbids it

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Walla posted:

Magik's text forbids her from being played on turn 6. This was added as a nerf because the card was broken as hell before that.

e: so beaten

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

gently caress this game.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
That's kinda funny to me tbh. But I also almost always have at least one way of changing a field in my deck.

Can confirm magneto onto rickety bridge does in fact own though.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

New Leaf posted:

gently caress this game.

I noped out on turn 3 at least twice today from those same locations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Just lost 8 cubes because I thought Magneto's ability pulled cards in the order they were played. Spoiler: it doesn't, it's random.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Vulpes posted:

Just lost 8 cubes because I thought Magneto's ability pulled cards in the order they were played. Spoiler: it doesn't, it's random.

It's not random at all, it pulls them specifically in an order so that you'll lose if possible (unless you're playing the card, in which case it always betrays you and causes you to lose). T_T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
My goal this season was to hit 80 so I’d make progress for the next season reset (last season I ended around 70). Three nights in a row I’ve made it to 78 before losing my way down to 74 or so and then climbing back up. We’re still mid season so I like my chances to hit the goal but need to keep my head in the cube game. I let too many games play out because I want to see what happens.