Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
People want a Princess Peach Bloodbourne game, nothing more, nothing less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Shiroc posted:

They did make a DS game where Peach saves Mario and Luigi once: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Princess_Peach

Never played it and not going to go into Peach's powers are "Being Emotional"

I like it; it's silly fun. The really horrific aspect is Peach's life-absorbing parasol with the memories of a small boy. Perry is loving Lovecraftian.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Pretty sure she was able to cast a stasis spell on Calamity, which caught her (and a good chunk of Hyrule Castle) in it as well. The Malice leaking out of the castle was probably the spell weakening.

Given the cutscene of Ganon showing up when you activate the first tower, it seems more like he's kept trying to escape every once in a while and each time she's been blasting him with divine magic. Eventually she wouldn't have the strength to do it and then it's the end of the world.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Zore posted:

I guess it also depends on what you mean by mainline? Doki Doki Mario features Peach as part of the playable crew, ditto Super Mario 3D world.

She beat the poo poo out of people with a frying pan in Super Mario RPG, I feel like everyone forgets that

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Make a game where Zelda is the playable adventuring protagonist but call it Legend of Link to maintain brand

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Zore posted:

I guess it also depends on what you mean by mainline? Doki Doki Mario features Peach as part of the playable crew, ditto Super Mario 3D world.

Gonna say Mario 2 US doesnt count since its just a reskin of another game entirely. 3D world I never played so you might have got me on that one. Does Bowser do something else besides kidnap Peach in that game, or do you have to unlock her?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mylan posted:

Gonna say Mario 2 US doesnt count since its just a reskin of another game entirely. 3D world I never played so you might have got me on that one. Does Bowser do something else besides kidnap Peach in that game, or do you have to unlock her?

Bowser invades a whole different kingdom and kidnaps a bunch of fairies, one of them escapes to the Mushroom Kingdom for help so Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad go and rescue them. It takes a lot of inspiration from US Mario 2 in differentiating their kits too, Luigi gets higher jumps and icy physics, Peach floats and Toad gets to run faster etc.

Zore fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 17, 2023

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I mean yeah I guess they could just have someone else princess-like get kidnapped... They could also just bring back linkle. I liked her antics.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 17, 2023

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

thechosenone posted:

I mean yeah I guess they could just have someone else princess-like get kidnapped... They could also just bring back linkle. I liked her antics.

Yeah Linkle rules. Just some crazy lady who decides she's the legendary hero because why not. Plus her machine gun crossbows are just badass.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The BotW Linkle mod worked so well that it was easy to forget that it wasn't official.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

A sort of attachment to a prior era, if you will

A chain to the prior?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nonono, a connection to history.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

An entanglement with the before

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
A Chain of Memories.

Wait shi --

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

What about a ghostly timepiece? A wraith-clock, maybe?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Shiroc posted:

Make a game where Zelda is the playable adventuring protagonist but call it Legend of Link to maintain brand
The Legend of Link: Adventure of Zelda

:haw:

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

LividLiquid posted:

The Legend of Link: Adventure of Zelda

:haw:

The Legend of Link: The Blink of an Eye

With an evil Link called bLink, and a bunch of vision based puzzles

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mylan posted:

Rosalina is unlockable in 3D World which is neat.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Judge Tesla posted:

the villains only wanted Zelda's body

Can't blame them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

:chloe:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

sigher posted:

Can't blame them.

...you're aware that Spirit Tracks uses the chibi Wind Waker artstyle for, like, little kid Princess Zelda, right?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Mylan posted:

Yeah Linkle rules. Just some crazy lady who decides she's the legendary hero because why not. Plus her machine gun crossbows are just badass.

Excuse me, she has the HEROES COMPASS. It tells the Hero where to go! If she wasn't the Hero why would she have it? Hmm?
I love Linkle. Gimmie more dual wielding crossbow Elf. Too bad we'll likely never see her again.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Kortel posted:

Excuse me, she has the HEROES COMPASS. It tells the Hero where to go! If she wasn't the Hero why would she have it? Hmm?
I love Linkle. Gimmie more dual wielding crossbow Elf. Too bad we'll likely never see her again.

Yeah, she's a joke character from what is already a fan fiction story to begin with.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I just really want Linkle to be in a future game as the Luigi to Link's Thousand Year Door Mario, where she shows up in town after you finish a dungeon/major plot event to regale you with tales of her parallel adventures somewhere else. With or without accompanying partner complaining about her exaggerating and all the ways she actually messed up, either works.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mylan posted:

Yeah, she's a joke character from what is already a fan fiction story to begin with.

Oh that's funny, I always forget that's where she came from, and the re-release no less. Those games don't click with me overall, but I found her stuff the most fun and I wish she'd show up in a more traditional game.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I know he was also in BOTW but I wouldn’t mind seeing the AoC depiction of Master Kohga be used in the future, for some comic relief

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Asterite34 posted:

...you're aware that Spirit Tracks uses the chibi Wind Waker artstyle for, like, little kid Princess Zelda, right?

Definitely wasn't paying attention, so mea culpa on that. I really should try not to be shitfaced off keef while posting.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sigher posted:

Definitely wasn't paying attention, so mea culpa on that. I really should try not to be shitfaced off keef while posting.

i think it makes for funny interactions

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

sigher posted:

That was a bad post, but let’s not go overboard. Posting while stoned is a hallowed tradition.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Just beat the Water Temple and yeah, that dungeon still sucks.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I like hookshotting up the waterfall.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Water Temple rules

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I actually like the Water Temple in concept, but in practice it's kind of a nightmare of menu screens and item switching.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I actually like the Water Temple in concept, but in practice it's kind of a nightmare of menu screens and item switching.

I went back and played through the Oracle games recently and realized I could never make it through all that menu fiddling nowadays if not for nostalgia.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I still have never finished Oracle of Ages because I've never passed the Goron Dancing bit. What an awful piece of game design. So OoA and the DS games remain the only non-spinoff Zelda games I haven't beaten. I'll take the Water Temple over that crap any day!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I replayed the Oracle games last year and was dreading the Goron dance, but it turned out to be a much smaller hurdle than I was worried about, even with timing and reflexes getting worse over the years.

I was also dreading the menu & item switching, and that was bad, but not enough to keep me from playing. I think I have a bit more tolerance for it there because I spent so much time playing Link's Awakening as my first Zelda game, it just seems baked in to the gameboy experience to me.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Electromax posted:

I like hookshotting up the waterfall.

I will admit that is pretty cool.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Are there any details about whether or not TotK will have more legacy dungeons?

I'm playing through BotW on Master Mode now (elephant and bird down!) and it's still incredible, just curious. I'd love to see a more traditional structure for TotK.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

We really don't know anything about the content or structure of TotK. I certainly hope there's some proper dungeons but we've got nothin yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's going to be so loving good.