Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Great to see Canucks fans finally giving my posting the respect it deserves.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/10frvam/down_04_canucks_fans_start_a_tanktanktank_chant/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Sabres have 39 games remaining, they would have to get 50 more points to reach 95. A week and a half ago, I would’ve said yeah they can do it but they have played like poo poo for the past ten days including losing to the loving Blackhawks last night!!!! So I am dumb and got overzealous when they beat Boston. They have only won like one game where they scored fewer than 4 goals. They’ve given up fewer than 3 goals nine times this season. They are such a hot mess.

They did something crazy in 2010-11 where they went something like 24-4-4 over their last 32 games and snuck into the playoffs but that team had Ryan Miller in goal to bail them out several times. Crazier things have happened…?
I fully expect the Sabres to go on another 8-2-0 run shortly, to get our hopes back up.. only to follow it up by going 1-4-1

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I kinda like the budget hotel-chain font and the crescent moon. But god does it all look so cheap. Like a warmup jersey.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
tbh I think it's fine and we're just reading what we know about the Coyotes organization into it. Which isn't wrong but there are plenty of uglier jerseys out there

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Avs D-core is about to be healthy again. Makar and Manson are both day-to-day with both expected to be back in the next couple of games, and Byram ready for the first game after the All Star break. That'll leave just Landeskog, Helm, and Malgin as the only injured players. Landeskog and Malgin are at least a month off, and Helm at least 2, but Avs are gonna be the healthiest they've been all season after the break

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Department of Tourism rear end font

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m going to the Sabres game tonight to see them retire Ryan Miller’s number and induct him into the Sabres Hall of Fame. The Pegulas got rid of the SHOF a few years ago because they’re idiots, but now it’s back, baby. I had the pleasure of seeing Rick Jeaneret inducted like eleven or twelve years ago. Also Dale Hawerchuk I think? It was in the first game the Sabres played at home against the new Winnipeg Jets so that tracks.

Hopefully the banner ceremony and the fact that the game is sold out will give the Sabres energy and momentum!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

tbh I think it's fine and we're just reading what we know about the Coyotes organization into it. Which isn't wrong but there are plenty of uglier jerseys out there

My gripe is that they're still pushing that brick-red color and I fear that means they're going to try to pushing this to a primary jersey down the line when they basically just settled back in to a good set of jerseys

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's just boring. I think the colour combo of the drab brick red, thin white pattern and just a straight white word mark makes it look like a plain shirt with some stripes thrown on, especially with the same coloured helmet and gloves, everything just blends in. There's no colour, no pop, nothing. Like the "classic" basic colour with some white striping uniforms like the Leafs and Wings work because their base colour is a bright primary so the white actually stands out because of the contrast and the lines are thick enough and the big rear end logo is there as a focal point.

Put like a better logo in the middle and/or colour the patterns a bit and it should look better, or at least more complete.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I'd hate to be the team in the West that gets 1st place in the division only to have to play Colorado in the first round.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/SadClubCommish/status/1616095530496700417?t=kp9_8e0k04_GJfmncxwhCA&s=19

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1616113499406565376?s=20&t=pAcupC67xjOJR4JJdG5aSA

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 19, 2023

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Too many bad turnovers lately from Dumba, but there’s a lot of people thinking it’ll be a Boeser trade. Russo doesn’t have any info on a trade incoming though so I’d bet it’s the loose play for now.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

mennoknight posted:

people picking the Flames to make the playoffs must not be watching them. Holy hell they suck rear end.

The Black Stones posted:

When they gave up the third goal in the first period it was much appreciated so I could do others things.

Huberdeau doesn't even look like he's worth his current contract... let alone it almost doubling next year. It's almost like Milan Lucic shouldn't be in the top 6.

Also fire Markstrom into the sun... .922 last year to an .895, jesus christ I hate this team.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jhet posted:

Too many bad turnovers lately from Dumba, but there’s a lot of people thinking it’ll be a Boeser trade. Russo doesn’t have any info on a trade incoming though so I’d bet it’s the loose play for now.

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1616122923869405184?t=O-fbyh7RY4D4VqOh_iP0TQ&s=19

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

We're scratching him because he sucks. Nowwwwwww who wants to trade for him, all offers considered!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Misanthrope posted:

Huberdeau doesn't even look like he's worth his current contract... let alone it almost doubling next year. It's almost like Milan Lucic shouldn't be in the top 6.

Also fire Markstrom into the sun... .922 last year to an .895, jesus christ I hate this team.

they are so SLOW and BORING and I want to PUT A BULLET IN MY HEART

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Koopa Kid posted:

We're scratching him because he sucks. Nowwwwwww who wants to trade for him, all offers considered!

This is a trade with Vancouver we're talking about, so let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'd bet someone has the number for the guys in Pittsburgh too.

He's just had a bad 10 days, I expect him to come back and hit that reset okay. He's not really been the same as before that lovely sequence with the Flames a couple years ago where he got injured after Tkachuk jumped him in the following game.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

DancingMachine posted:

Tox bet: Seattle shoots at or better than 11% in the second half to finish the year still above 11.5% on the year. Loser pays $20 to the charity of the winner's choice.

So I've mulled this over a bit. I don't like betting nor do I necessarily root for teams/people to fail...I just like to write lots about what I think people might see/not see over-look or something different/interesting. Likely this rarely the case, but it also lets me keep, somewhat, in practice with writing in general.

What I will do, because I do write a lot and talk a lot of stupid poo poo is this -

No Bet. I, Rex will toxx for - $20 to a chosen Seattle cause for the following:
1. Kraken finish the year with 11.5% shooting on the year
2. Seattle makes the playoffs.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Jhet posted:

This is a trade with Vancouver we're talking about, so let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'd bet someone has the number for the guys in Pittsburgh too.

He's just had a bad 10 days, I expect him to come back and hit that reset okay. He's not really been the same as before that lovely sequence with the Flames a couple years ago where he got injured after Tkachuk jumped him in the following game.

Dumba is a right hander and it would be exceedingly surprising, to me, if the Pens were aiming to acquiring him. Letang/Petry/Rutta, while having their issues, is decent enough. It's the left side of Pettersson, PoJ, Dumoulin, and Smith that is kind of the problem. If everyone is healthy I would actually like to see Dumo press boxed and Smith stay in the lineup. This is very unlikely to occur imo.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Does Vancouver have any big guys with no discernible skill set who take a bunch of dumb penalties? If not I don't know if Minnesota would be willing to trade.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Tyler Myers.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Dumba is a right hander and it would be exceedingly surprising, to me, if the Pens were aiming to acquiring him. Letang/Petry/Rutta, while having their issues, is decent enough. It's the left side of Pettersson, PoJ, Dumoulin, and Smith that is kind of the problem. If everyone is healthy I would actually like to see Dumo press boxed and Smith stay in the lineup. This is very unlikely to occur imo.

Oh definitely, but it would follow the old trend. That's why with JR in Vancouver it would seem the much more probable version. The big problem is the cap issues and Dumba's contract being up while having just signed Boldy to 7m/aav and needing to resign Addison in the summer too. I think the Addison contract will end up being a smaller hit and short term just because this was his first year in the NHL, and with Brock Faber getting closer Dumba is going to end up on the way out.

We already have Reaves, but Boeser is from Minnesota and that's always going to be a thing.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Simplex posted:

Does Vancouver have any big guys with no discernible skill set who take a bunch of dumb penalties? If not I don't know if Minnesota would be willing to trade.

None of our guys take penalties because they're all checked out wimp babies, but Dakota Joshua sorta fits that mold.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

So I've mulled this over a bit. I don't like betting nor do I necessarily root for teams/people to fail...I just like to write lots about what I think people might see/not see over-look or something different/interesting. Likely this rarely the case, but it also lets me keep, somewhat, in practice with writing in general.

What I will do, because I do write a lot and talk a lot of stupid poo poo is this -

No Bet. I, Rex will toxx for - $20 to a chosen Seattle cause for the following:
1. Kraken finish the year with 11.5% shooting on the year
2. Seattle makes the playoffs.

Cool!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Torts is doubling down on Provorv doing nothing wrong

:negative:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Torts respects his players “staying true to their values” when they’re giant homophobes, but anybody kneeling for racial justice is benched.

He’s been a piece of poo poo with awful takes his whole career, dunno why sports journalists fall over themselves writing articles about how good of a guy he is at heart

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

He’s been a piece of poo poo with awful takes his whole career, dunno why sports journalists fall over themselves writing articles about how good of a guy he is at heart

Because those journalists agree with him

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Activism when you agree with their cause is okay because obviously they are right and shouldn't be censored. Activism when you don't agree is players taking a political stand and should shut up because they are wrong and therefore shouldn't be talking about it

In conclusion, Torts is a homophobic rear end in a top hat and a hypocritical piece of poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

Because those journalists agree with him

Yeah but what's everyone here's exc- Oh.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

pseudodragon posted:

In conclusion, Torts is a homophobic rear end in a top hat and a hypocritical piece of poo poo.

He's also a lousy coach that only gets jobs because he's part of the NHL good ol boys club.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

xzzy posted:

He's also a lousy coach that only gets jobs because he's part of the NHL good ol boys club.

eh, he's an OK coach, he demands a lot out of his players but I'm also not sure he's really had a team with enough talent to win much since his Tampa days. I don't even know if he's part of the good 'ol boys club considering how belligerent he is

but yeah this provorov stuff is bullshit

bottom line is that if you're against this stuff then you are saying you hate LGTBQ+ people and there's no way around it. It's hating people for being the way they are born, not for making a choice in their life. I can think provorov is dumb and lovely for his religious views because it's a choice he's making to believe those things. Thinking someone is bad because their sexuality doesn't match yours is some heinous stuff and there's no respecting that because you hide behind religion or whatever

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
torts also does that annoying thing where he will excoriate a journalist in a press conference if they ask a "stupid" question. he pretends to be bill belechick(who is also an rear end in a top hat) and doesnt have nearly the accolades that he does

also this is fun:
https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1616110373328896010?s=20

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/hartgoat/status/1616151913199972353

lol. You show them, checkmarks!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Like, putting aside gays are people too thing for a sec, the pride jerseys was something Laughton and JVR pushed for and gotten org buy-in from and was basically their baby. Provorov doing this is a huge slap in the face towards Laughton, JVR, and whoever else and says that Provorov doesn't give a poo poo about his teammates at all and its all about Ivan. That is something a professional hockey coach should be real mad about given managing locker room dynamics is kinda Torts' job and the sheer amount of disrespect it causes. If Provorov skipped out on homeless appreciation night when the rest of the team is wearing homeless jerseys, that should be just as a big of deal to Torts because Provorov cannot have come off as more of as a selfish prick as possible

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I guess there aren't enough baby bigots in North America.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, a player did some bigoted poo poo and his coach made it clear to the media that he was 100% A-ok with the bigotry. Can't believe the league came down so hard on both of them.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I go away for 3 days and the Flyers turn into super villains.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If Provorov skipped out on homeless appreciation night when the rest of the team is wearing homeless jerseys,

the what now

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Has the players association weighed in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
On what? He wasn't fined or suspended or even benched. That's all the NHLPA cares about.